Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Didn't he say he was working on something special? Why is everyone so quick to jump on the hack train

I think we all thought the explanation of the troll castle was the special thing.

I'm leaning towards it being genuine though, but I've been wrong before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

nerdbot posted:

I think we all thought the explanation of the troll castle was the special thing.

I'm leaning towards it being genuine though, but I've been wrong before.

It seems a little off sure but after the Dragonball Z panels where he directly mocked the viewers for making the comparison I'm inclined to think genuine until we hear from him. This seems like something he would do.

Its also hilarious

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Hack or not that is seriously hilarious. The completely overexaggerated cutesy anime faces on absolutely everyone is just too much. And Coyote's gun shooting a loving rainbow.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

Hack or not that is seriously hilarious. The completely overexaggerated cutesy anime faces on absolutely everyone is just too much. And Coyote's gun shooting a loving rainbow.

"coyote is in the land of rainbows and unicorn now"

I love this line. It sounds like something from Full Life Consequences.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
I've been lurking, but to me this seems like LazyB is giving us a nice weird Valentines present that mocks criticism against him.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008

embergram posted:

clearly you don't understand it so i probably would keep your opinion to yourself thx

This was one of the comments from Lazerbro on the "tails gets gay descrition message" page. so, either this is legitimate (I had a feeling it was), or he's just going along with it, or...? :iiam:

Edit - That was my thought as well, UndergroundHero. Those pages getting released a day before Valentine's Day, it seems pretty intentional. It's like LB decided to combine Valentine's Day with April Fool's Day, and we are all the richer for it. :3:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Embergram replied to a comment on dA and didn't seem like he thought anything was off, so I guess it's legit.

edit: slow

I'm guessing he misunderstood something and reacted with this. Oh well.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I don't even know what the gently caress is going on. :psyduck:

e: Except all I know is that somebody's going to end up getting an avatar from this poo poo.

El Belmondo fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 14, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Every time people begin to feel comfortable with Lazerbot he takes another step to remind us that yes, he really is a bit out there. This feels reminiscent of Rob's death and the long wall of text that came after it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

El Belmondo posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress is going on. :psyduck:

e: Except all I know is that somebody's going to end up getting an avatar from this poo poo.

Just one? There's two solid pages of pure avatar material. Someone with more talent than me should make the anime eye reflections quiver slightly.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Anime Demaro is the best part. It's kinda neat to see him do a different style.

It's pretty crazy too, but oh well.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

It is a little upsetting he's going to such lengths to defend his right to mock homosexuality. Then again, I loved this comic back when everyone was being called gay all the time and Sonic was apologizing for the possibility of looking gay, so who am I to judge?

I guess it's just that now I kind of like Lazey B a lot as a creator rather than him just being a goofy kid to laugh at.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

It is a little upsetting he's going to such lengths to defend his right to mock homosexuality. Then again, I loved this comic back when everyone was being called gay all the time and Sonic was apologizing for the possibility of looking gay, so who am I to judge?

I guess it's just that now I kind of like Lazey B a lot as a creator rather than him just being a goofy kid to laugh at.

It was different when it was just characters calling each other gay. It's supposed to be a representation of trolling, after all. Now it's sort of become a conversation that was taking place outside the comic and has now become the comic and it's all going way overboard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Calico Heart posted:

I just think he may not fully understand homosexuality is. He seems to have the middle school stereotype of what it is. I am sure he will grow out of it. either way I still love his work.

edit: i guess he does. I guess I got trolled. heh

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 14, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I asked him if he was hacked earlier and this was his response:

quote:

nope. i will explain you was a witness to the gay discussion and how the forum went all defensive over me just using the word gay in a normal matter or a joke. giving that subject special treatment so i decided to show the fans why my comic would be if i treated this subject as they did. if gays had special treatment on my comic

Edit:

quote:

let me point this out to all the people who can't seem to grasp it. it was not a hack and before coming up with more assumptions and theories maybe think yeah?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

This is by far my most checked thread on the forums and I do find the comic genuinely enjoyable, but I will never understand how any of you can forget that the guy writing this is a seriously messed up person.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Calico Heart posted:

That's the part that bothers me, too. Oh well, as long as the comic keeps being funny, I can ignore his personal views.

Shameproof
Mar 23, 2011

Mods please gas this thread.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

This is by far my most checked thread on the forums and I do find the comic genuinely enjoyable, but I will never understand how any of you can forget that the guy writing this is a seriously messed up person.

He's not a "seriously messed up" person. Read back to the beginning of the thread where most of us thought LB was an abused and bullied middle schooler who was drawing up really brutal revenge fantasies and was going to murder a bunch of people any day now, and compare it to the LB that we gradually came to know who turned out to just be an admittedly strange but totally harmless dude who genuinely enjoys drawing his bizarre webcomic for the void.

All you're experiencing is the SA culture shock of bumping into the casual homophobia that tons of adolescent males and about 99% of XBL users display daily. No, it's not a defensible opinion. It also doesn't make the kid literally Hitler.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't know, I found Luigi's line absolutely hilarious

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

LB's recent facebook posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

nerdbot posted:

Yeah, I'd put the page in the same way you did the DBZ pages and the big diatribe about Rob's death.

Though, I'd still love to see a bonus comic area just so I don't have to dig through the thread to find Lazerbot's rewrite of page 2 to be about SOPA.

EDIT: I just realized how unintentionally lovely this post sounds so I'd like to punctuate it by once again saying just how great all your work on the TGT site has been. :tipshat:

What ARE the bonus pages I need? Obviously the non-canon "canan" pages, "neverbe found" I think is another. SOPA evidently. Anyone have these clean?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
TGT: Trickster Mode :pwn:

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
I hope he keeps up the comic..

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bilal posted:

All you're experiencing is the SA culture shock of bumping into the casual homophobia that tons of adolescent males and about 99% of XBL users display daily. No, it's not a defensible opinion. It also doesn't make the kid literally Hitler.

This is the basic take-away from everything. His little temper-tantrum pretty much proves his immaturity. He claims to have stopped reading the forums which, honestly, is for the best.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp
Goddammit. I hope he doesn't stop making TGT over this.

I didn't think anyone took him seriously enough to care whether or not he was a homophobe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is just like what happened with Dave Sim.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Well, I got namechecked. I'm not going to engage beyond that.

Bilal posted:

Have people really forgotten that when you quoted a post not so very long ago, it used to read:

???? came out of the closet to say...

That's how I know it's an exposure and growth thing, even in the realms of the internet - because SA used to embody that casual homophobia, and we grew up and got over ourselves. There's no need for users here to get their knickers in such a twist about what he says - which was the point of my original post.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is kind of odd to see all this posts from Lazerbot using a correct puntuaction and grammar.

Honestly, I think that everyone is overreacting: the thread taking too seriously the whole 'gay' thing and Lazerbot (if really is him) replying to that. Hopefully this doesn't affects the comic, it really is a lot of fun. :ohdear:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

simplefish posted:

Well, I got namechecked. I'm not going to engage beyond that.

Have people really forgotten that when you quoted a post not so very long ago, it used to read:

???? came out of the closet to say...

That's how I know it's an exposure and growth thing, even in the realms of the internet - because SA used to embody that casual homophobia, and we grew up and got over ourselves. There's no need for users here to get their knickers in such a twist about what he says - which was the point of my original post.

poo poo, back when I first joined "I, too, am gay" was still a big catchphrase on the forums, and that was only 4 years ago. People (and communities) change over time, I'm sure Lazy B will get what we're saying eventually.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

SA: "hey man that's kind of homophobic"
LB: <insane incoherent ranting>

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
I am starting to feel sad.

Hopefully he keeps up the comic since floating ghost anime Sonic in the land of the rainbows and the unicorns is basically the best thing.

I apparently never learned Kermit's lesson though because I couldn't make it through the flower blossom essay. :shrug:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now I'm glad all that gay chat happened in this thread because it got us those wonderful pages.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

SA: "hey man that's kind of homophobic"
LB: <insane incoherent ranting>

That isn't entirely fair. It's coherent, at least:
(italics are my inferences)

You all like my creation - but it remains mine, and I hold the prerogative to change what I craft.
I can include whatever I want
It's as easy for it to be something different as that which it was originally.
You might move on, with your fickle, fleeting mind, but there'll always be another fan.
A member of an essentially different fanbase who likes the new direction.
You are simply an observer, and have no power to change what I write.
You're the one who will miss out on the magic; who will be left out of the legacy.
You exist only to give me a reaction to my work, and to support my success.
In all other ways you are impotent in the creative process: why delude yourself?
Why do you fight my ways instead of embracing them?
Why seek you to be the weed that strangles the rose; why do you trample the seedlings instead of seeing what posy it may blossom to be?
Don't you wish for beauty?
Immerse yourself in my world. See what I want you to see.
Lap up whatever I put before you, you'll come round to my point of view eventually.
Embrace it.
If you resist, your life continues as before.
Be still.
It is good. It is growth.

------------

Of course, you can shut your eyes and pretend what I say isn't true
You very easily can remain proud and self-obsessed.
You may stand on hollow foundations to look down on others, but cannot stand when your beliefs are questioned.
Too quick to judge - too swift to throw stones on unbased assumptions, without examining your own illogical tenets.
Relying only on the beliefs you already hold.
Viewing everything through your tinted lens, refusing to unadulterate your eyes; seeing only what you want to see
Because you are, at the heart of it, illogical
I am a being of pure logic
You cannot navigate the river of logic that flows to the mouth of the ocean named Truth
For if you do not understand your destination, Truth, you may never reach it.
I hold the Truth. I intend to teach you -
But you cannot be taught if you do not wish to learn.
Yet no one is ever willing...

No one is ever willing to take care of a blooming flower
You nurture neither my creative talent, nor my ideas in your minds
You cause these ideas to wilt before they may take root,
Causing all other ideas I plant there to wilt -
For the ideas I plant would, if you let them, teach you how to care for seedlings

-----------

I can't be bothered to carry on with the third section of the image. That's where it gets really ranty, and the metaphor fades and things get straightforward anyway. It boils down to
"You can dish it out but you can't take it - you don't know me! - I might make whole comics about what you say, but that doesn't mean that I care about what you say! I'm ignorant? No, you! If you want to challenge me, bring it."

simplefish fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 14, 2013

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

simplefish posted:

That isn't entirely fair. It's coherent, at least:

(just so we're clear, I was calling their tantrum-posting on facebook incoherent)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

If I may restate, I'm not engaging with facebook. If I wanted to, I'd steer my account over there and start posting in that group.

Also, no sweat over the "incoherent" thing. It was fun to write, and I saw at least one post saying they couldn't make it through the flower blossom page, so whatever.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 14, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Breadallelogram posted:

LB's recent facebook posts.

I thought we already covered the fact that we don't give a poo poo. Okay, some people give a poo poo, but I don't really give a drat about the guy's personal life/views/beliefs whatever.

I came here to read about Wile E. Coyote controlling the dead body of the Road Runner to fight a demon summoner and oh god what has my life become.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What the heck has happened to the temperature of lazyb's pills??? I thought those things were near absolute zero. People barely touched on the whole homophobia angle, it was pretty minor within the thread, I'm really surprised he'd react so strongly. Everyone here loves the comic and I think most of us think he's a pretty alright guy, even those slightly criticizing some of his social views. He's a middle-american suburban white kid, of course he's going to have some "problematic" views. I'm sure if we grilled him on trans issues or the gender binary the feminism thread would shake their heads. I'm sure if we examined his views on economic and class issues there would be some tear-stained copies of Das Kapital in D&D. But overall he's a pretty ok and chill dude who writes an amazing comic so let's just focus on that and back off from some of his weirder (or sadly extremely normal) personal views.

I guess we got some pretty funny bonus panels out of it all, although gently caress me if I'm going to read that wall of text. I just wish lazyb could understand that even if some people give some pretty tame criticism of some of his publicly expressed views you don't have to flip out a sever from that fan base.

And who's this other guy speaking like his agent or something? Ahh I don't care just make comics and keep the pills chilled. Let's just stop talking about it I guess?

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001
Man, I really hope he doesn't stop. I was actually laughing pretty good at the sudden switch in art style and super gay mode that the comic went to, and then suddenly this eerily long rant about life and love and anger and whatever the hell else he was talking about. It really reminds me of some of the hosed up parts of really good RPGs or like Metal Gear Solid 2, where everything starts going nuts towards the end and you're frantically pushing forward to figure out just what the gently caress is going on. I don't consider his rants or comics "on the side" really any less a part of the TGT experience. Every single bit feels like just another panel to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Why can't goons just enjoy things without being so goddamn goony about it