Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It really is amazing when an artist throws a tantrum no matter the reason. The delusions of grandeur are pretty funny too. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Man I just want to read the comic. I don't really give a poo poo if Lazerbot himself is or is not a homophobe. Or any of his opinions - I just care about the comic he's writing.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
It seems the old catchphrase "goons ruin everything" still applies, you shouldn't have touched the poop and as it touched you, you should've just taken a shower instead of smearing it all over you.
Now you made the poop cry and maby it won't draw his comic for you anymore.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I didn't get any sense that he's going to quit drawing the comic. It just sounds to me that he's going to ignore us as an audience.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really don't think anyone said or did anything out of line, and Lazerbot found this thread on his own if I recall. If Stan Lee showed up in the Spider-man thread throwing a tantrum, I wouldn't blame the goons.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

This is just like what happened with Dave Sim.
Has Dave Sim ever been exposed to goons? :v:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Wrist Watch posted:

Why can't goons just enjoy things without being so goddamn goony about it

First Gail Simone, then Warren Ellis, then Kate Beaton, now Lazerbot. Why must we hurt that which we love?

Well except Simone.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't even want to know what we did to drive Kate Beaton off, do I?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

No you don't because it wasn't BSS and it has nothing to do with the thread.

Stick to posting actual comic stuff people and leave the Facebook tantrums on Facebook. If Lazerbot wants to lurk the thread and moan about it that's fine, nobody needs to post about it here.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kate Beaton - run out the forums by LF and YCS goons creeping on her.

LazerBot - read a calm and reasonable off-site discussion on a problematic issue issue in his work; furious.

The two aren't really comparable, LazerBot really needs to learn how to deal with critical discussion, SA is not his official fanclub site.

edit: ^^ sorry, starting writing before you posted that Waterhaul, this is the last I'll say on the subject.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 14, 2013

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What the gently caress, man. Of all the posts to throw a tantrum over, he picks one that's saying "lay off him guys, it's not like the end of the world?" And to go so far as to say he's disgusted to have this kind of fan? Using gay as a slur was just some unfortunate ignorance that I thought most of the posters were happy to forgive, but this is being a straight-up rear end in a top hat.

Welp, I don't expect Lazy B to be able to stay this agitated for long, but if being an rear end in a top hat becomes his new normal, I guess it's a good excuse for me to swap over to a Dangan Ronpa avatar.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Wrist Watch posted:

This is the price of goonhood. It could have been no other way.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Bifauxnen posted:

but if being an rear end in a top hat becomes his new normal, I guess it's a good excuse for me to swap over to a Dangan Ronpa avatar.

That'll teach him

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

To try and steer things towards something a little more positive, I refound some terrible Youtube videos that I discovered a few years back called "The Gmod Anime" that give me serious TGT vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGthGdzoBo

There's like 10 parts if I remember, I'm rewatching these and laughing my rear end off. It might do something for you, it might not, but it's something I feel is worth sharing with the thread.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

GorfZaplen posted:

I didn't get any sense that he's going to quit drawing the comic. It just sounds to me that he's going to ignore us as an audience.

I hope so. We are an awful audience.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So that Demaro huh? He and Coyote sure are fighting. Am I right?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
On one hand, the style switch was kind of hilarious. On the other hand, it's like he's basically melting down because somebody at some point called him out on having certain viewpoints that weren't very good? I'm wondering if this entire thing is sort of getting to his head.

I mean, I can tolerate his weird-rear end opinions if he keeps doing funny poo poo, but the more drama starts leaking into the comic, the more awkward everything gets.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah, this drama poo poo is annoying. Hopefully he will just stop reading the thread and get back to the comic.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

The overall tone of a lot of commentary about the gay stuff may have been politically correct but comes across as incredibly hectoring and condescending.

I'd react strongly too.

I just hope he hasn't been nagged to TGT death.

The SJW's got served.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wrist Watch posted:

There's an appropriate image that occurs to me.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
What is the best way to contact Lazerbot privately anyway? I'm not even sure if I do have anything to say to him, but if I did, I'm just curious so that I could do so without posting here and importing drama and derailing the thread, and I could just keep it to myself.

It seems like people are only talking to him through very public channels which creates lots of drama though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sleekly posted:

The overall tone of a lot of commentary about the gay stuff may have been politically correct but comes across as incredibly hectoring and condescending.

I'd react strongly too.

I just hope he hasn't been nagged to TGT death.

The SJW's got served.

Please don't refer to people who actually gives a poo poo about homophobia as SJWs, since that term generally refers to trans-asian otherkin Tumblrites and poo poo like that. It's kind of a lovely thing to call people who actually try to point out legit awful opinions.

Besides, nobody is getting served here, it's just kind of a bunch of crappy drama.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Man I just want a new page already.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I'm just a bit on the wall about this...
It feels like Lazy took this way to seriously, it's hard to tell the tone people use when their writing but...it seems kind of angry to me. I think I've lost some respect for Lazerbot here....

He's getting far too cocky and that's gotta stop before he destroy's himself.

Lazy, let's get things straight here:
- This isn't a hug-box like DA/Face book. We can criticize your writing,art,etc.
- You not reading the thread is the best thing I've heard from you that wasn't a comic. Though I doubt that's true.
- I really do think your grammar is terrible, and that you should fix it, would it kill you to proof-read?
- I could care less about your views of gays, etc. Please drop it now.
- I respect an author that respects his fans. You called your fans stupid. why?

Uh. I'm thinking about this too much.
Can we please not post any more personal stuff on him...I really want to keep liking the comic. :(

Forgive me if this post is out of line (except Lazy, I could care less right now).
I need to chill my pill.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Aristobulus posted:

What is the best way to contact Lazerbot privately anyway? I'm not even sure if I do have anything to say to him, but if I did, I'm just curious so that I could do so without posting here and importing drama and derailing the thread, and I could just keep it to myself.

It seems like people are only talking to him through very public channels which creates lots of drama though.

Not this thread.

Everybody just move on.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Sleekly posted:

I'd react strongly too.

Then grow thicker skin. :P Especially if you're going to put something you created out there on the internet.

Considering the original mock-thread tone goons took to him, I don't really get why they're gratifying his deviantart diva thing. Even if you like artist meltdowns, this one is kind of sad and uncomfortable to watch. Hopefully he'll actually stop reading the thread and get over it.

E: Argh I didn't see your post Waterhaul sorry! Moving on.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Calico Heart posted:

So that Demaro huh? He and Coyote sure are fighting. Am I right?

Totally. Remember when Rob talked about his ear deficit? Good times, I'm tellin' ya.

holy poo poo, please don't get this thread closed

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Would a new motion comic save this thread from the brink?

Maybe I should work on that this weekend...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Edit: sorry, I didn't see Waterhaul's post when I replied.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JazzFlight posted:

Wait, no, if he learns that big dumb drama = new motion comic, there'll be big dumb drama all the time!

... Alright, that actually wouldn't change anything, so carry on.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

JazzFlight posted:

I don't know we should keep feeding the glutton anymore.
I'm wrappin' it up for my poopoo game and youtube vids for now.

It's funny I bought an account to read this comment, so I wouldn't have to buy a DA account.
(I'd rather pay money than join that circle jerk pron site).
Seeing how this turned out, I'm glad I was able to find the creative convention thread. :unsmith:
It let me get the experience of posting art without getting circle-jerked. Something that's clearly happening to Lazerbot now.
Also can't forget about the mock threads. :P

The peeps on DA talk bad about this site because you have to pay (to support all the people) and that they'd get banned for their rule 34 and whining about "haters hate mai special art". So I just want to thank you right now SA and Goons. Thank you for saving me from that poopoo and giving me a place to develop as an artist. :)

scarycave fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 14, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I think the problem here is that Lazerbot has some trouble dealing with his popularity. Remember, he most likely got bullied as a kid, so most of the times someone disagreed with him, it was in the context of a direct personal attack. Now that he got popular, many people now have a non-mutual connection to Lazy: they look up to him, respect him as an artist, love his work, etc. Especially with the help of sites like SA and Facebook, where he can read and interact with feedback and opinions of his fans, he never really understood there was a level of anonymity and respect to be had in them. He almost treated them like close friends, direct, open, and proud to have them. But when he noticed that a large part of his fans don't agree with his opinion, one he perhaps feels strongly about, he took it pretty personal, as if his friends betrayed him, or did something he'd be embarrassed about. He never quite got that fans don't have to be people who like you for who you are, but something you do. Likewise, he also failed to notice that fans can be radically different from him, yet still appreciate his work.
If anything, Lazy-B should be thankful to have such a mostly pretty chill following. Fans can have entirely different interests, so a lot of the time something they would see as a tribute could be oppose the creator's ideals and/or intentions completely and, more than enough, wander in very unsettling territory.
I mean, if I had a fanbase like Homestuck or Sonic I'd just break.

Edit: I mean Silver Rob Blaze Trolls No villains.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

horriblePencilist posted:

if I had a fanbase like Homestuck or Sonic I'd just break.

Didn't the sonic guy quit to go make a game about Kiwi's?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
This thread is going to hell shut up shut up shut up. Maybe Waterhaul should close it until we get a new page.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pills are decidedly unchill here...

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Jackie D posted:

Pills are decidedly unchill here...

Unchilled? More like nuked.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

:qq: You're ruined it, SA, you ruined a beautiful thing.:qq:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Young Freud posted:

:qq: You're ruined it, SA, you ruined a beautiful thing.:qq:

Goons ruin everything.

I wound up forgetting about this for a while so it was nice reading the last few updates to catch up! Those snakes are just beautifully detailed for what they are.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
This can't be over, we've still got King Baby Zapdos and Football Guy, right? They're definitely not going to be unceremoniously killed as soon as possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Wrist Watch posted:

Remember the PBF threads?

"Heh, check out this funny comic guys"

"HE'S OBVIOUSLY SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT THE NATURE OF VIOLENCE IN INNER-CITY CANADA"

The proper response to the last week or so of this thread is "ugh gently caress"