Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
You can remove items from your recommendation history :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/history?ie=UTF8&ybhGroup=&ybhIndex=1

*edit* Unless you wanna see dem titties, then by all means continue as you were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

therattle posted:

Titles please! What's Fifty Shades of Grey in Danish?

50 nuancer af frygtelig skrivning :haw:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
once every 6 months or so I go on my girls amazon account and spend ~1hr looking up skimpy lingerie and giant dildos and latex bondage gear and stuff just because

you're welcome sweetie pie~~~ =) =) <3

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

once every 6 months or so I go on my girls amazon account and spend ~1hr looking up skimpy lingerie and giant dildos and latex bondage gear and stuff just because

you're welcome sweetie pie~~~ =) =) <3

That's really romantic. Are you getting her a butt plug for valentine's?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

therattle posted:

That's really romantic. Are you getting her a butt plug for valentine's?

yeah, I found the HUGEST carrot probably ever (true story) and carved it up for a DIY touch ^_^ she's gonna love it

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Steakandchips posted:

Ondine.
The Cambridge bar.

Ondine is good, and the Cambridge does a mean burger.

If you want Sea food got to The Ship and/or Ondine.

Modern Pizzeria style then you can do far worse than La Favorita

If you want fancy then 21212 is the place to go.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

mindphlux posted:

yeah, I found the HUGEST carrot probably ever (true story) and carved it up for a DIY touch ^_^ she's gonna love it

Have you been shopping at the Hmart in Doraville? I was there the other day and they had tons of mutant carrots.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I get to be Jeffrey tonight!

(the GF told me that she is making a dessert for me with a recipe from The Barefoot Contessa)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Screw V-Day! I don't hold with these contrived events, and am an old grouchy stick-in-the-mud.

On the other hand, the light outside right now is really beautiful, and I have left-over Japanese mushroom hotpot in the fridge for an easy, tasty and healthy dinner.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

antisodachrist posted:

Have you been shopping at the Hmart in Doraville? I was there the other day and they had tons of mutant carrots.

no, but I'm not surprised - I've seen them around town, I think it's like a thing right now. I got mine from buckhead wholefoods, it was seriously as thick as my wrist. :gonk: saw some at the buford farmers market too :<

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

On valentines day she received the gift... The gift of vegetables - her husband had improved from last year, and not only brought one, but two!

She held up her prized possesions with defiant pride, beamed at the camera, and he snapped the first photo in what would become a series filled with debauchery. A series that they would show only the closest of their friends, and only on special occasions.

The carrots beckoned her with their promise of seducing her from her very virtues and offsetting her in sensual pleasure.

The family would eat for a week!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

mindphlux posted:

no, but I'm not surprised - I've seen them around town, I think it's like a thing right now. I got mine from buckhead wholefoods, it was seriously as thick as my wrist. :gonk: saw some at the buford farmers market too :<

They're not really worth eating - we feed them to animals!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The bigger they are, the worse they taste.

pr0k's mom

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
In the hobbit movie, what was the dinner Bilbo was sitting down to before the dwarves came in? It looked like grilled or fried trout, but that's about all I gathered other than it looking tasty. Thoughts?

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
I've been loving me some lentils lately and have fixed them a bunch of different ways so far. Anyone got some good lentil recipes that are a bit different from the norm?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

I've been loving me some lentils lately and have fixed them a bunch of different ways so far. Anyone got some good lentil recipes that are a bit different from the norm?

Lentejas:

4 tbs olive oil
2 10cm sweet chorizo chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
100g tocino cut into small pieces
2 garlic cloves thinly slices
2 bay leaves
2 dried noras peppers, stalks ans seeds removed, split into small pieces and soaked
250g lentils
2 10cm morcilla sausages chopped
2 tbs parsley
salt pepper

Fry chorizo quite high in olive oil, remove when brown. Cook onion, carrot and tocino on medium til fragrant, add garic bay leaves and noras peppers for a couple of minutes. Add chorizo lentils and morcilla and 1l water, simmer for 20-30 mins until lentils are tender, add water if it gets below the level of the lentils. Serve with parsley at end etc.. Decent bit of bread is good with this. I used black pudding instead of morcilla and it still owned.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Barbecued Lentils are actually kind of nice.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Norman Love makes some good confections.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
:aaa: Those look gorgeous! What kinds of chocolate are those?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Here are their flavors and info on the chocolate. It's really tasty stuff. Their various buttercreams are incredible. It looks so nice I feel bad eating it.

Lyssavirus
Oct 9, 2007
Symptoms include swelling of the brain (encephalitis), numbness, muscle weakness, coma, and death.
Time for one of the best holidays of the year - Cheap Chocolate Day. :btroll:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My kimchi is fizzing like a motherfucker. It has that fizzy feeling on the tongue and a pleasant vinegariness. The flavour has really developed. It isn't as rich as hoped, but it's missing the Korean chili paste, but it's still pretty good. Lunch tomorrow: fried rice with kimchi, soy sauce, and a fried egg.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Decided to cook America tomorrow... Pulled pork, slaw, chicken wings, creamed corn, mac'n'cheese and creme brûlée for afters... Later a chocolate cheesecake for our mocha...

Am I missing anything? (The cremes may be reaching, but they was what I wanted to make, that or Mille-feuille, which really isn't American).

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^^Cornbread. Baked in a cast iron pan.

therattle posted:

It has that fizzy feeling on the tongue and a pleasant vinegariness.

Yum! I love that. My live sauerkraut gets a little fizzy, too.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Happy Hat posted:

Decided to cook America tomorrow... Pulled pork, slaw, chicken wings, creamed corn, mac'n'cheese and creme brûlée for afters... Later a chocolate cheesecake for our mocha...

Am I missing anything? (The cremes may be reaching, but they was what I wanted to make, that or Mille-feuille, which really isn't American).

Better season the gently caress out of that pork butt, and brine it too! Put some rosemary in your cream corn.

Jalapeno cornbread, if you want to go southern american. I usually smoke my jalapenos and corn for it with mesquite.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Happy Hat posted:

acidity. you are missing acidity.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

No Wave posted:

Slaw could be a little sour as could the sauce for the wings.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

No Wave posted:

coleslaw is acidic? It's shredded cabbage and carrots with mayo and apple cider vin. and wings should be tossed in Frank's Red Hot, no exceptions.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

coleslaw is acidic? It's shredded cabbage and carrots with mayo and apple cider vin. and wings should be tossed in Frank's Red Hot, no exceptions.

Tossing in three kinds, all from Fire on the mountain in Portland..

Hot, X-hot and el-jefe..
http://www.portlandwings.com/_sauces.php

I know of no Frank!

These are oddly enough the sauces I can come by with the least hassle (my former department in Portland sends them to me)

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 16, 2013

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It was cold and I was feeling under the weather a bit so I made tibetan butter tea for the first time.

Verdict: really nice, comforting and filling. Best to think of it a bit like a soup. I really recommend this if you haven't tried it.

I followed these instructions, more or less: http://www.yowangdu.com/tibetan-food/butter-tea.html

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

You need crackling cornbread and greens.

Edit: iced tea too

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

You need crackling cornbread and greens.

Edit: sweet iced tea too

Fixed that for you.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

dalstrs posted:

Fixed that for you.

:getout:

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Cornbread or biscuits.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I will loving fight you to the ends of the earth.

e - Jalapeno cornbread.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 16, 2013

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I literally could not live without sweet tea. I eat probably 4 lunches a week, and 6 of those are accompanied by sweet tea.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
my v-day went thusly - how did y'alls go?

code:
dinner at l'atelier mindphlux -

1. chawanmushi with poached whelk, chive, soy glazed shiitake
2. king prawn/halfshell, broiled w/garlic ginger butter
3. roast quail leg/breast, celeriac puree w/black truffle, brandy reduction
4. caramel flan, candied rhubarb WHICH TURNED TO MUSH GOD IM A FAILURE AT COOKING UGH

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I had off and my girl decided to call in since she was only scheduled for 2 and a half hours anyway. We picked up a couple of sour beers and this wild smoked cider, along with some Humboldt Fog, Piave, some Vermont Vintage cheddar, and a good slice of Cowgirl Creamery's Wagon Wheel, as well as two hot-from-the-oven baguettes. We drove up to Mt. Tamalpais and had a picnic. After we'd been there an hour or so this couple that was a few hundred yards away on a different hilltop busted out a wooden flute and a hang and started playing this really mellow, floaty sort of music that just drifted up over the hills and towards the sea. It was pretty much wonderful.

Also Mt. Tam was beautiful on Valentines.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

mindphlux posted:

I literally could not live without sweet tea. I eat probably 4 lunches a week, and 6 of those are accompanied by sweet tea.

Sorry - but I need alcohol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Happy Hat posted:

Sorry - but I need alcohol!

Lucky for you, sweet tea vodka exists!