Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

So I got FE:A last night and it's amazing. But one weird thing bugs me in the cutscenes

Are everyone's feet cut off or are they just clipping through the ground all the time :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Why are so many people bothered by that? It's an art style decision.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Somebody post up pics of them 3DS XL bundles that Europe is getting.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The NOE stream was really choppy for me for some reason, but whatever, here's my rundown, lemme know if I missed anything:

-YEAR OF LUIGI, "several Luigi games scheduled for 2013"
-Luigi's Mansion 2 overview with Miyamoto, lots of new footage
-LM2 Multiplayer overview; includes co-op and competitive modes with local, download and online play.
-Mario & Luigi RPG 3DS! Takes place in Luigi's dream; mess with sleeping Luigi on the touch screen to manipulate the dream world. Out "this summer", retail/digital.
-Mario Golf World Tour (3DS)! Retail/digital, "this summer". Camelot developing.
-New Super Luigi U! Paid expansion for NSMBU. Out on the eShop "this year".
-Miiverse Zelda community launching today; Aonuma will be posting, so say hello!
-Iwata out, Shibata in.
-Monster Hunter 3U Wii U bundle; black 32GB premium console, Pro controller, MH3U
-Monster Hunter 3U 3DS XL bundle; black XL, MH3U pre-installed. Circle Pad Pro launching separately on the same day.
-MH3U WiiU/3DS connectivity overview with MH producer Tsujimoto.
-Black/White 3DS XL available "in the next few weeks"
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate overview with producer Dave Cox, nothing new here
-Fire Emblem Awakening release date! April 19! Apology for the delay.
-Fire Emblem 3DS XL bundle; blue 3DS XL with Fire Emblem insignia, FE:A pre-installed. Suck it, NA.
-Etrian Odyssey 4! Out "this spring"
-Project X Zone! Namco/Capcom/Sega crossover SRPG. "Spring"
-OOT3D digital sale! 30EUR until 2PM Feb 21
-TLOZ: Symphony of the Godesses concert dates
-Code of Princess trailer (I think, stream cut out)
-Inazuma Eleven 3 3DS port!
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity trailer/overview. Available May 17, retail/digital.
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf release date! June 14!
-AC overview with producer Eguchi; lots of details on both single- and multiplayer. More apologies for the delay.
-Mario and Donkey Kong 3DS! Yeah, more Lemmings, but in 3D! Available on eShop in Q2.
-DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS 3D! Trailer coming to 3DS eShop "later today"

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 14, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Why are so many people bothered by that? It's an art style decision.

Because the characters are mostly normally proportioned except for their weird stump legs. It looks bizarre.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The NoA stream included a HarmoKnight trailer, the announcement of a Dillon's Rolling Western sequel, and apparently there'll be some Animal Crossing DLC for Style Savvy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I missed the part of the stream about Luigi's Mansion 2. Are they gonna upload everything seperate again? Wanna see that new footage and multiplayer stuff

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I missed the part of the stream about Luigi's Mansion 2. Are they gonna upload everything seperate again? Wanna see that new footage and multiplayer stuff

Yeah, they generally put up individual segments/trailer on youtube and the website afterwards, they might even be up now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoUKofficial/videos?view=0

It's all up here.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Wow, look at that. There are so many games coming out for my strange black brick!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

just a butt posted:

Somebody post up pics of them 3DS XL bundles that Europe is getting.

screencap:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk has the complete EU presentation (inkl. Luigi's Mansion) and you can select each part seperately at the bottom.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh my god. I'm dying. I'm dead and I'm in a graveyard and engraved on my tombstone for time immemorial is "drat you, Nintendo of America!"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Katana Gomai posted:

screencap:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk has the complete EU presentation (inkl. Luigi's Mansion) and you can select each part seperately at the bottom.

I have the same color XL here in NA, but that bundle is cool as gently caress. NOA, way to gently caress up yet again.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Very impressed with all the game announcements, will have to check out the video later on YouTube. Hoping the Donkey Kong Country 3DS game was announced as a new game and not a Wii remake. But I'd still buy it either way though...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Astro7x posted:

Very impressed with all the game announcements, will have to check out the video later on YouTube. Hoping the Donkey Kong Country 3DS game was announced as a new game and not a Wii remake. But I'd still buy it either way though...

Nope, it's a port of the Wii game. Sorry, I wish it was too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Around what time in the video does Pokemon Mystery Dungeon show up?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Wow, Nintendo certainly learned their mistake of ignoring Europe. Finally we're going to have GAMES.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So I take it there was no new Advance Wars announcement. :(

Is there any reason why DQ7 wouldn't come here (NA)? Did the other DS DQ games not sell well or something?

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
June 9th is close enough to my birthday to make someone buy me Animal Crossing New Leaf. This is acceptable.

I wasn't expecting a release date for it this soon, at all, but I'm totally stoked. Now I need to save up for a 3DS sooner that I thought, though.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Wanted possible localization announcements for Dragon Quest VII 3DS or Bravely Default. Disappointed, but no news isn't the worse case scenario.

I excepted more Europe trolling announcing more Japanese games while NoA gives us the middle finger yet again. The FE3DS XL bundle looks nice but still comes with a digital copy over physical media. I can live without it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Wanted possible localization announcements for Dragon Quest VII 3DS or Bravely Default. Disappointed, but no news isn't the worse case scenario.

That's E3 stuff right there. Big noise to make.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

orenronen posted:

The Japanese broadcast finished with a Donkey Kong Country Returns remake on the 3DS, and a promise of a Japan-only 3DS Nintendo Direct for third-party games next week.

This is the one game I always wanted to play on Wii and never got a chance to. I really really hope this comes to the US.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
It is insane to hear people cursing NOA when you guys have almost all the games we're waiting for already.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I want a Fire Emblem 3DS XL :saddowns:

Regional releases/locking make me sad.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

DeathBySpoon posted:

This is the one game I always wanted to play on Wii and never got a chance to. I really really hope this comes to the US.

It was announced on the NA Nintendo Direct too, it's coming this summer.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

GrandpaPants posted:

So I take it there was no new Advance Wars announcement. :(

Is there any reason why DQ7 wouldn't come here (NA)? Did the other DS DQ games not sell well or something?

9 sold well (but I'm not sure it sold well enough when you consider the marketing push NoA had for it), but the 4/5/6 remakes sold poorly.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

DeathBySpoon posted:

It was included in the NA direct as well. I'm also excited for it because I ignored it on the Wii due to the waggle controls. Looking forward to the remake in 3D!

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

:getin:

Hell yes, summer is going to be awesome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Artix74 posted:

Nope, it's a port of the Wii game. Sorry, I wish it was too.

Let me point out something that is very important to understand:

This is going to be Donkey Kong Country Returns without the lovely Wiimote shaking.

Let me repeat:

Without the lovely Wiimote shaking.

That is the best possible port.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Watch, Nintendo will make you shake the 3DS instead.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Upset that there was nothing announced about Miiverse for the 3DS

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

New colors, a Fire Emblem XL, and Inazuma Eleven 3 as a 3DS game. Dammit NoE! :argh:

...and here I am, still waiting for the impossible Purple XL (which may get a Waluigi Emblem slapped on it [personally] if it happens). It'd also be nice if in lieu of not releasing the IE games in the US at all yt, we could get Inazuma Eleven 1/2/3 Legend of Mamoru Endou/Mark Evans and then get the Go games afterwards.

What? A guy can hope, can't he?

Oh well. At least I can easily get behind this Year of Luigi business. Oh yeah, and a release date for New Leaf.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeathBySpoon posted:

Watch, Nintendo will make you shake the 3DS instead.

Or, you can pay two play coins per shake! :downs:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Katana Gomai posted:

screencap:

Hahaha, finally! :unsmigghh:

I'm admittedly not a Fire Emblem fan, but damned if that isn't a nice design. Hell, I'd be willing to give Fire Emblem a go to get a nice Special Edition 3DSXL like that. Fingers crossed it gets an Aussie release as well.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

ImpAtom posted:

This is going to be Donkey Kong Country Returns without the lovely Wiimote shaking.

I already played DKCR without the shaking, there's a nice Gecko/Ocarina cheat to enable Classic Controller.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm sort of disappointed that we're having another year of mostly Mario extended series related 3DS games to be honest.

Like, i'm excited for them all, and will buy pretty much all of them except Mario vs. Donkey Kong, because I loathe that series, but it's sort of annoying we're not far off entering the handhelds third year of life and we still haven't heard anything about the likes or an original Metroid, Kirby, Starfox, e.t.c.

It just feels like weird pacing for their software releases. Like we'd normally get all of this stuff in a handhelds lifetime anyways, it's just weird we're getting all of it now.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Glad to see we're finally getting Fire Emblem. By April 19th uni will have started again, but I'll take what I can get. Gonna do some major binge gaming that weekend.

The special edition 3DS XL looks great, but I'm quite happy with my regular one.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We haven't had a good sidescrolling Metroid since 2004 :smith:

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The only two things I'd want from 3DS for the rest of the year would be a new Zelda (maybe at E3?) and a 3D re-release of Kirby's Epic Yarn (if they can do it for DK they can do it for Kirby).

Otherwise this looks to be a pretty good first party haul for 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pomp posted:

We haven't had a good sidescrolling Metroid since 2004 :smith:

We haven't had a F-Zero period in almost a decade.

• Locked thread