Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Dushkani posted:

Well, drat. There went my first two ideas for Valentines Day gifts.

Dude it's goons. It's better safe than sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I've got quite a few more people to thank for V-day cards: Agnostic Prophet (I loved the chickadee painting), Shoozy, 13Pandora13, DLAO, JimmyDaFish, Team Lunch, PitGodess, IM Jack, and Genesplicer. If I forgot you, or forgot what you send me I apologize, things have been nutso here so I didn't post as soon as I got stuff and got all the little gifts mixed together. I showed my hubby the stack I have and his eyes got wide and was like "how many did YOU send out to get so many?" I think he is just jelly he isn't on the receiving end of goon love.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Opera Bitch posted:

I showed my hubby the stack I have and his eyes got wide and was like "how many did YOU send out to get so many?" I think he is just jelly he isn't on the receiving end of goon love.

That's clearly what I heard in that statement as well. Live on, Goon Love!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Wee just wanted to thank Jimmy Da Fish for the pretty card and the foam hearts and fortune telling fish (known from here on out as ForTuna!).

Made my day awesome!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Behold, my loot.

Niemat, thank you for your card. I will definitely write you back shortly. Also thanks to marlowe, Genesplicer (and Mrs. Genesplicer), and Jimmy da Fish.

Also got a explosion of Valentines from when worlds collide.

Included was a Henry Rollins colouring page (Oh, this made me laugh so much. Where the hell did you find this? I love it.), a fantastic assortment of valentines and a beautiful peacock card which I just love.

Also included was this little guy:

The likeness to me is uncanny, really!

Niemat, I think you were asking about the cross stitch patterns. The main etsy sellers I get my patterns from are weelittlestitches and andwabisabi. They are both very polite sellers and seem happy to give helpful advice to beginners. There are a few other sellers I get patterns from, but basically just type in something you want to stitch and you'll probably find a pattern for it on etsy.

Thanks everyone for all the mail and correspondence. I am pretty impressed with how creative all you goons are. And if someone has sent me something and I haven't yet thanked you for it, please pipe up!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Behold, my loot.

Also got a explosion of Valentines from when worlds collide.

Included was a Henry Rollins colouring page (Oh, this made me laugh so much. Where the hell did you find this? I love it.), a fantastic assortment of valentines and a beautiful peacock card which I just love.

Also included was this little guy:

The likeness to me is uncanny, really!

Ha! Glad you liked all the stuff. I also found the Henry picture hilarious, it always makes me smile. I found it online somewhere and thought it would be fun to draw on, so I printed a bunch off to send to folks. I made your valentines after I bought some more cardstock so I ended up being able to put one of each of the different valentines in your envelope, if you knew of the game Left 4 Dead this was a good thing, if not, oh well. They're still cute. I also love the little dude with the brollie, that is how I'm feeling this Vday too.

I have only one regret- I wasn't terribly organized so it ended up that there was a variety of valentine's that got changed as time went on, such as I found a way better chainsaw arm bear after I had done half of the valentines, so the first ones had the not as nice one but it was too late to take them all apart. :( And when I was running out of cardstock, I had to do a batch of valentines that were smaller, to fit more on the page. And I wish that I had made some of those arts like brollie chap into fridge magnets. He would be an awesome fridge magnet. Maybe next year I will be more organized. I need to get a laminator then I'll make magnets. I actually wasn't planning on participating this year but it ended up that I was able to, which makes me happy because I love sending mail. :sun:

I had noticed in the GBS secret santa thread that someone had given a goon a dry erase board with that Henry picture, and they said the name of the artist but I can't remember who it was. I think a dry erase board with Henry is the ultimate in badass. I have had that picture kickin' around my harddrive for quite awhile now, and wasn't aware that there was an artist to credit, I thought it was just a random internet picture. So my apologies for being a filthy thief, at least I am not selling them so I hope that's ok.

I hope to be able to get organized to the point someday where I can actually send you guys art that I've actually made. One day. :)

And, DLAO I got your valentine and I love it so much! Came at a great time, too, cause I've been miserable past couple of days, bad chest/head cold. It got here so fast! Holy... Thank you very much :kimchi:

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Cuntvalet I got your letter and I sent a response to it today. It should arrive faster than the last one.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Thanks to Lamb and the Genesplicers for their cards! Goon love reciprocation is headed your way right now! A few other cards have been sent out too :)

Incidentally, Lamb and the Genesplicers is a great band name.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Yeah I am getting more and more goon love, so far I am up to 13 or so Valentines, man I wish i was this popular back in school :).

Hemlock: Thanks a lot for your super sweet bitching and colorful London post card. to answer you question, I spent a bit of time in the London city proper and a bit of time traveling around and seeing some of the local towns in the area. I was out there last time when school finals where done, I had a blast at all the pubs and clubs celebrating with all the crazy Londoners.

Disageria: I got a good size envelope from you filled with goodies, including a super awesome Angry Birds pig eraser. The Disney Land post card reminded me of all the trips I have made to that great park and the super secret spy message was great.

Thanks a lot for the goon love again, going to be a sad couple of months until the next great holiday comes up, though my B-Day is in May and that should be fun.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Well hey, there's lots of holidays posted in the OP, and I think lamb updates them every month for the upcoming month or two. :D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Disargeria sent me goon love with a Disney World Post card, angry bird valentine and an awesome Angry Bird eraser!!! Also an cool DECODER valentine that I needed the SECRET RED SQUARE to read the message! YAY!

Wings of Mine sent me MAGIC. Like hearts and a sponge bob valentine and confetti and THESE FUN PLASTIC MINI SNOWFLAKES that make the most amusing tinkling sound when you jiggle them together. (It's the small things I know).

Today has sucked (not just because it's Valentine's Day), but thank you Goon Loventines for the Goon love being sent!

And I'm totally up for the next Holiday cardfest! I'm also okay with us making UP holidays to send out to people as well.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Ms. Goddamn Fleming thanks Mr. and Mrs. Genesplicer for the Valentine. I pulled myself out of bed to check the mail and was rewarded with a very neat and pretty card, you two could sell these beautiful cards you make! Being unable to breathe really kills the fun of this holiday. So thank you for brightening it up. I'm watching old b+w horror movies in bed as sick respite. Have a haunting valentine! :witch:

I also continue to be chuffed that my first name is Goddamn. I gotta wonder what the posties think... :D

Oh and goddamnit again, I found some more fantastic valentine's for classic horror fans, coincidentally enough. I guess they'll have to wait for next year. Any classic horror fans? I might not send them out this year but I'd actually be curious to know as I am one, and I will keep my eye out for this sort of thing to send in the future.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
Lamb, Rythe, Vixenella, Thermophonic Joy - your cards are beautiful and you are beautiful. Rythe, Killamajig's heart lego is up in his office, so he feels the goon love every day. :h:

I'm glad my erotic fan fiction is pleasing to those who received it. I've got more to send, but have a couple deadlines to get through first before I have some extra free time. That just means random stupid Valentines all February long! Yay!

Also, will be heading to Seattle again at the end of the month (Emerald City Comic Con), so there are more chances for yet another round of drunken post cards. Hopefully this time I'll be able to put the stamps on properly, because it seems only half of you got the ones I sent out last time around. But I guess that's the charm of drunk postcarding - you never know where or when (or in what condition) they'll show up.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

DLAO posted:

And I'm totally up for the next Holiday cardfest! I'm also okay with us making UP holidays to send out to people as well.

Do lesser known holidays from other cultures/countries count? February 24th is Dragobete, a sort of Romanian version of Valentine's Day. Rumor has it that if you partake in the celebration, you will be spared from fever for the rest of the year (Huzzah! No Black Death for you!).

I'm also ok with sending out very, merry un-birthday cards!

Also, edit: last Valentine has been claimed!

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 15, 2013

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Thanks to Shoozy & Team Lunch for the fun V-Day stuff.
Finally sent mine out yesterday which is better than I did at Christmas........

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thank you Disargeria for the valentine fun! I got it yesterday and it made the day better.

marlowe can you go
Oct 13, 2011
Right, hopefully this works!

Cards from Shoozy and Kafka's Goldfish. Thank you again!

And cards from Tremors, Team Lunch, and Niemat. Thank you! It really made my day.

And as for the mazes, ha, they're from a book of difficult mazes - I think the ones I sent out are all rated at 30-45 mins! I haven't even attempted them.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I feel awful that I haven't been able to properly thank all of you who sent me cards recently. I also feel really bad that I wasn't able to send any cards for valentines. It looks like I won't be able to send anything for a little while as I was just fired today for being sick. Yay the flu, bronchitis, and lovely bosses.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I got a cute Valentimes card from Panorama_change in the mail today. Thank you! <3

I'd post pictures of it, but my phone is almost out of battery, so maybe later!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Hawaii_Lame-O posted:

I got a cute Valentimes card from Panorama_change in the mail today. Thank you! <3

I'd post pictures of it, but my phone is almost out of battery, so maybe later!

You're very welcome!!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

panorama_change posted:

You're very welcome!!

I got one from Panorama_Change today too! Made me so pleased and I loved the card! Thank you! :-D

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
panorama_change, please accept my thanks as well!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thanks to Panorama Change from me too!!!!!!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate...your appreciation. This has been a rough V-day season, what with my girlfriend breaking up with me on Groundhog's Day... :smithcloud:

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
Thank you for the funentines, Disargeria :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

I feel awful that I haven't been able to properly thank all of you who sent me cards recently. I also feel really bad that I wasn't able to send any cards for valentines. It looks like I won't be able to send anything for a little while as I was just fired today for being sick. Yay the flu, bronchitis, and lovely bosses.

That's just awful! I hope you feel better soon!

Your ex-boss is a dink.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I've gotten tonnes of Valentines! Thank you to:

Lamb
Your lambchild sounds adorable. I want one!

Agnostic Prophet
I love the painting! It is so awesome. Thank you very much!

Bampf Kerpow!
Pony valentine!? Sweet! Thank you. :buddy:

Team Lunch
Your goon love was top quality, as usual. I'm so glad you liked my tree ornament picture, haha. I really have saved him for next year. :ohdearsass:

whenworldscollide
Loved the kitty card! So darn cute. And than you for the valentines. I love how retro they are. I'm looking forward to writing you a reply!

Thank you for all the Valentine's Day love, guys!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 29, 2017

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've gotten tonnes of Valentines! Thank you to:

whenworldscollide

Loved the kitty card! So darn cute. And than you for the valentines. I love how retro they are. I'm looking forward to writing you a reply!

Thank you for all the Valentine's Day love, guys!

Yay, you got it. BUT WAIT- that's not your real valentine. So don't send anything back yet. That was just something I put together quick (then had to tear open again because of that postal 'this is too big, put fifty doller stamp on it' thing which made me have to take stuff out). The real valentine is late because I am sick (it's bronchitis now, yey) so it will be a little later but will be coming soon as I can. :)

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Niemat, your letter was returned! The address is written just as it's listed in the OP record so I'm not sure why it's been marked as "unknown". I will send it again, unless you've recently changed your address.

I hope everyone is getting my mail, especially those of you in Canada and overseas. :ohdear:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Yay, you got it. BUT WAIT- that's not your real valentine. So don't send anything back yet. That was just something I put together quick (then had to tear open again because of that postal 'this is too big, put fifty doller stamp on it' thing which made me have to take stuff out). The real valentine is late because I am sick (it's bronchitis now, yey) so it will be a little later but will be coming soon as I can. :)

Haha, okay! I will await the incoming Valentine! But you'd better write down my address if you don't have it already because...

Lamb!!, sadly, I must request to be removed from the list. I'm going to take a break from sending goonmail for a little while. I'll probably still mail out the odd thing here and there, (And I'm going to keep up with my penpals!) but I don't think it would be fair to keep receiving all the goonlove if I'm not able to reciprocate!

Thank you! Hopefully I can continue mailing again soon. :unsmith:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
It's been a crazy couple weeks, including moving. I'm behind on thank yous. I've noticed the PO won't forward stuff addressed to "Shoozy". I'm still checking mail at the old place but please don't send anymore thee.

My new address is:
Shoozy Kopp
1969 W Evergreen
Chicago IL 60622

I'll not be doing mass mailings like I did for v-day, but I'm definitely going to be mailing stuff. I live sending and getting mail.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Niemat, your letter was returned! The address is written just as it's listed in the OP record so I'm not sure why it's been marked as "unknown". I will send it again, unless you've recently changed your address.

I hope everyone is getting my mail, especially those of you in Canada and overseas. :ohdear:

I have NO idea why it would be returned... Especially since you've sent me mail before!! My *only* idea is to make super sure it says "38th Ave" (because we're right next to "38th St.," which I find incredibly dumb--Omaha numbers its streets as ## St. and the next block is ## Ave. before they move onto the next number... people get super confused trying to find our place all the time, because they just see "38th" and turn onto 38th St, not Ave). It could also be because my mailman is just not gettin' it done lately (see: previous rant posts). I'm really sorry about that. :( On the bright side, though, while I am both sad and confused (:ohdear:), I now know I should be eagerly awaiting some awesome mail!! :buddy:

fake edit: I can PM you my name, too, if you think that would help... I haven't had any troubles receiving mail with my user name before, but that doesn't mean there's not a first time for everything...

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I sent out mail for 6 goons today! In the meantime, I've received awesome valentines for both me and my parents from:
Lamb: My dad said "make sure you send them something back" right after seeing yours!

Thermophonic Joy & when worlds collide: Yay BC goons! Hopefully you'll be seeing something from me shortly. Also my brother liked the Bear-With-Chainsaw-Arms valentine so much, he wrote it on his school valentine-collection sack!

Kafka's Goldfish: The cross stiches were a hit! and my 7 year old brother wants to know if I can help him do Mario cross-stitches, so I'll be looking into that!

Jimmydafish: I played with the fortune fish so much it's embarrassing. Apparently I'm passionate, envious and in love. My parents are looking forward to their card, thanks!

Shoozy: Thanks for the brownies recipe! I can't eat brownies but I'm passing it along to my pro-baker friend and see if she can work any magic on it!

Also special thanks to thepitgoddess for the postcard and clovers! I hung up one of them in my mom's hospital room for good luck!

Goon mail is best mail, really cheered me up in some real trying times. Thanks again and I'll try to return the favour as soon as I get some free time!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Disargeria, thank you for the valentines! The red decoder one was my favorite. :3:

when worlds collide, your packet of canadian love was overwhelming! I loved the L4D valentines and the Henry Rollins coloring page.

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011
I've gotten so many valentines cards from all sorts of goons and it considerably brightened my outlook on life. I've been unable to sit down and write out long winded replies to all of them due to an extreme amount of e/n bullshit going on in my life. I just want to say to everygoon that's addressed something to me and shoved it in the mail. Thank you for genuinely brightening my day :)

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Wings of Mine, thank you for the Spongebob valentine and the envelope full of stuff!

Simple Blue, thank you for the cute little devil-heart thing!

AuntBuck, I sent you a card but it bounced back. :( It says "No mail receptacle/Unable to forward". Did I miss an address change?

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
So much goon love! And a whole bunch of it arrived just after I broke my foot, so I was cheered up no end.

Waldorf Sixpence & Harakiri - Thankyou so much for your extremely British Stephen Fry card & choccies, new QI is on TV tonight so your timing is perfect. I am not worthy.

panorama_change - your moustachioed heart-holding-a-heart card made my day. Love it, thankyou!

Disargeria - that spy decoder valentine is coooooool! And I may even use that Mickey postcard as a reply ;) Thankyou!

Kafka's Goldfish - that Serenity cross stitch is amazing! Thankyou thankyou! You've encouraged me to get back into it, I have heaps of thread that needs using up.

lamb - I'm saving my hug voucher for a rainy hug-deficient day. Been wearing your robo-valentine pin to work too, love it!

agnostic prophet - that little twowhee is cute! Thanks heaps! He sits at my desk at work, covering up the tiny religious statues the person I'm covering for puts there.

DLAO - HA HA! Glitter bomb diffused! I only got it in my hair & my food! TRY AGAIN DLAO. Love the Hello Kitty valentine, and so did my cat who has hidden it somewhere.

Team Lunch - love that little cloud tattoo, and those origami hearts are adorable! My fingers are too fat for that hobby, so you have my admiration.

Don't think I've forgotten anyone, but if I have, or I've mixed things up, please let me know. I have things to send out but I've been delayed because of my dodgy foot. Thankyou sweet generous goons!

God Bless Johnny fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 20, 2013

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

God Bless Johnny posted:

So much goon love! And a whole bunch of it arrived just after I broke my foot, so I was cheered up no end.

DLAO - HA HA! Glitter bomb diffused! I only got it in my hair & my food! TRY AGAIN DLAO. Love the Hello Kitty valentine, and so did my cat who has hidden it somewhere.

Of course your kitty loved the card; kittehs love kitteh stuffs!
13Pandpra13 I got your Valentine today and I enjoyed it, cute mini-tattoo, and the stickers! Thank you! :-D

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

DLAO posted:

13Pandpra13 I got your Valentine today and I enjoyed it, cute mini-tattoo, and the stickers! Thank you! :-D
I got a dash of goony love from 13Pandora13 today too!!! Love the Aquaman sticker!! And thanks for the crabs? :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Are any of you goons still looking for potential penpals? I just found a bunch of stationary I bought a year or two ago that I NEVER used and am now reinvigorated to the cause of sending Goon Mail. :-)

DLAO fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 22, 2013