Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Oldstench posted:

This is a fantastic and underrated album.

Indeed it is. Haven't heard it in years though, gotta dig it up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

fappenmeister posted:

Indeed it is. Haven't heard it in years though, gotta dig it up again.

Speaking of underrated awesome albums, Abremelin's self-titled is definitely worth a purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq4yBeO00oU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

watt par posted:

I think that's the point; it's an oldies tour.

Oldies tours I'm down with, just not when the oldies suck now. Morbid Angel sucked a huge bag of dicks when I saw them last year. CC is decent enough live, I guess.

Comparing it to the big 4 Megadeth and Slayer may not be doing anything good with their new material but they can at least still play the poo poo out of their back catalog.

We're not just sitting around trailer camps listening to Anthrax :colbert:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

That's right! We're sitting around Walmart parking lots listening to Priest.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Can someone recommend something in the vein of Acid Bath? The tempo changes, the vocals of Dax and Sammy, and the atmosphere set by the lyrics and the sludgeness of the music was such a perfect combination for me. Was there anyone else like Acid Bath?

Fake edit: to be clear I have listen to all of Dax's projects.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

nate fisher posted:

Can someone recommend something in the vein of Acid Bath? The tempo changes, the vocals of Dax and Sammy, and the atmosphere set by the lyrics and the sludgeness of the music was such a perfect combination for me. Was there anyone else like Acid Bath?

Slightly more psychedelic in nature, but you might like maudlin of the Well. It also has the abrupt style changes, bizarre lyrics and a sludginess about it.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CF9uHudCBc

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nate fisher posted:

You might dig Buzzov*en. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6y5cVt3t0&list=AL94UKMTqg-9C-baxfJveSns5JSbdevXQ9

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 15, 2013

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I just got tickets for Bolt Thrower in Chicago. I never thought I'd get to see them. :unsmith:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Morbid Florist posted:

Speak for yourself.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Minto Took posted:

I just got tickets for Bolt Thrower in Chicago. I never thought I'd get to see them. :unsmith:

A couple friends and I just got ours. So fuckin stoked.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

The Sacriphyx LP is about to be released so they're streaming the whole thing on Bandcamp right now.

http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-western-front

I'm sure this is going into my top 10 of 2013.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
So in case you weren't aware, Nile posted this on their Facebook a couple days ago.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Bruce Boxliker posted:

So in case you weren't aware, Nile posted this on their Facebook a couple days ago.

I tried to Like this

bus stop
Jul 19, 2012
nah

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I tried to Like this

On the bright side the hieroglyphs look pretty rad.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Minto Took posted:

This poo poo sold out soooo fast. Know a bunch of people who didn't manage to get one. Can't wait to see them twice in 2 weeks! Godamn! Deceased and Disinter tomorrow...with free food and a keg of Zombie Dust! gently caress yea.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nate fisher posted:

Soilent Green, Harvey Milk, 16, Mistress, Today is the Day. You might also like Twitching Tongues, Ringworm, Integrity, etc. though that's getting more into hardcore territory. But they're all coming from a similar place.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 16, 2013

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Vader is playing near by on Thursday. Is Vader worth seeing?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Minto Took posted:

Vader is really solid live. I saw them about 4 years ago during one of the summer slaughters (yeah I know...) and they were great.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Kawaii

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Pssst, I heard a rumor that their might be a second Bolt Thrower show at Reggies June 2nd since the first one sold out so fast. If so it'll be announced next week.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Minto Took posted:

I saw them last Friday with Aborted - I would say only go to see Vader if you really like them. I loved every minute of Aborted but thought that at 75 minutes, Vader's set was maybe a little too long. Having said that, my friend is a huge Vader fan and he thought it was fantastic. They're great at what they do and played a solid set.

Also, he interviewed both bands - Aborted is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKOYKDgrfs and Vader should be up soon at wwww.metalrecusants.com

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Vader rules. Go to the show.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't posted in here in a while, lots to catch up on. I thought I'd mention that Brütal Legend is coming out for the PC if anyone wants to remember that awesome game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The first half of that game is truly a thing of perfection.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

The first half of that game is truly a thing of perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNsqeB5ClAQ

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I saw Vektor last night. It was poorly promoted but it was a great bar show and half the people there were in bands that played, which made hanging out more fun. Vektor is awesome live and I can't wait to see them again.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bruce Boxliker posted:

I :h: you, Seth-chan :syoon:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Turk February posted:

You are looking for technical death metal.

On a separate note, the new Suffocation album, "Pinnacle Of Bedlam", is really loving good.

Yes I was! Thank you very much! :D

Radio Paranoia posted:

All this and no mention of The Monolith Deathcult? Shameful.

Honestly one of my favourite technical death metal bands, and their new album is coming out soon!

This is a really tasty track too, thank you :)

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Optimum Gulps posted:

Solid recommendations, but I would add Dark Quarterer. They're an underappreciated Italian band who've been around since the mid '70s, released a masterpiece of an album in 1987 (with horrible production), and just re-recorded it for the 25th anniversary. Keep in mind, the singer is 59 years old on this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yslnrLazl_8

gently caress yes, Dark Quarterer are awesome. Saw 'em live in... 2010, must have been, and they kicked all manner of rear end.

On the thrash recommendations front, there's been pages of perfectly good stuff posted, but as far as I can see no Nekromantheon? This must be fixed. You might like this if you like, say, the way Slayer and Sepultura sounded in the 1980s. But these guys are barely old enough to shave and this is a 2012 release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7mqWIx79jE

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Pretty sure those vocals were just fine without throwing an echo filter over the whole thing. Otherwise, gently caress yeah!

e: oh ffs, that echo is on every single track...

Great Horny Toads! fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 18, 2013

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Whoever linked Beyond Creation, thanks, their bassist is incredible.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

NTT posted:

Honestly! Been listening to The Aura all day and it does not stop being amazing.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
On more of a prog track, if any of you guys dig Existem, they just made their debut a free download on Bandcamp:

http://existem.bandcamp.com/

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

NTT posted:

You bet! And yeah, he is a monster. If you haven't heard his previous band (and now current band again hooray) Augury, you should. They're a lot more..."progressive" rather than "technical," but excellent stuff too. I swear, 90% of the world's quality technical death metal comes from Quebec. He's not quite as firmly at the forefront in the mix as he is for Beyond Creation, but his skills are still showcased (particularly in the intro to this song:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-_NsAKNeao

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Oh man I haven't listened to Augury in years. They're loving great.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
One of the best shows I ever saw was Augury opening for Quo Vadis back in 2007ish. Forest pulled double duty on bass that night and it was insanely good.

Also, listen to Quo Vadis.

ethan fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 19, 2013

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012

Facebook posted:

A message to Toronto, ON - Canada from Enslaved:

We simply can't believe it; we're trapped in a blizzard at the US/CAN border near Winnipeg. We've been here for a full day now-meaning there is no chance of making tomorrow's show (Feb. 19th) at The Opera House in Toronto; even if the weather should turn around dramatically during the next few hours. We're completely devastated as we sit on the bus waiting it out. We can't believe we'll miss what was for sure going to be one of the very highlights of this tour. – Ivar.

Enslaved express their sincere apologies to everyone in Toronto who was looking forward to the show.

My condolences to TDot goons.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Ivar is legit one of the nicest guys out there. It sucks for anybody to miss Enslaved.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Ivar is legit one of the nicest guys out there. It sucks for anybody to miss Enslaved.

I just saw them this past Friday in Calgary and I have to agree that it was an incredible show, but I was unable to get hype for the 3 opening bands. I guess Royal Thunder was pretty cool because its uncommon to see a female bass/vocalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
:canada: JUNO AWARDS HARD ROCK/HEAVY METAL NOMINEES :canada:

-Castle
-Cancer Bats
-Ex Deo
-Devin Townsend Project
-Woods of Ypres

e: This category only exists because, IIRC, Voivod's producer was frustrated that Voivod couldn't be nominated in any of the existing categories. I wonder what would happen if Target: Earth didn't get a nomination next year...

Great Horny Toads! fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 19, 2013