Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Elysium posted:

Most of the problems with dying TVs seem to be centered on a few serial numbers, namely those that are 46 and under. Much less reported problems with more recent batches of the TV. There was also an issue of lip sync problems which has supposedly been fixed with a recent firmware update.

Those who's TVs haven't broken seem to love it. Good picture, good black levels for an cheap LED. Bad viewing angles some say.

Buying from Amazon warehouse seems risky on this TV (Though they do have some for $691 now) with only 30 days for return. I've read mixed reviews about squaretrade warranties.

You can pick one up at Target with 5% off coupon, and 5% off if you use a redcard, and then you would at least have a local place to return it if it dies within the return period (otherwise 1 year warranty from Vizio should replace it). They might let you check serial numbers before you buy. Other options are buying at Costco, which has a 90 day no questions asked return policy, and extends the manufacturer warranty by a year. They should have a stack of them just sitting out so you can look at the serial numbers.

Thank you for this, I was planning on buying this exact tv this weekend and had started to see all these reviews about the picture dying and the sound going out of sync. When you say "46 or under" on the serial, do you mean above? I was just thinking as the produce them the numbers would increase. I don't really know what the format is of their serials.

Edit: Nevermind I read that backwards thinking you were suggesting someone to buy them with 46 or higher, not avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

ChesterJT posted:

Edit: Nevermind I read that backwards thinking you were suggesting someone to buy them with 46 or higher, not avoid.

No, you had it right? Every reported serial number that has had BSOD (that I have seen) has been between 38 and 46 inclusive. The serial number referenced is the first two numbers after a string of letters, so LFHGHHD4293994 is a "42" and so on. It is speculated that Sharp offloaded a bad batch of panels to Vizio, and those are it. They seem to die within about 2 months.

I bought at Target and had them look through the serial numbers to get me a 51. My TV is great so far, but most people who had BSOD reported that their TV was fine up until the point it died. The serial number thing may or may not be voodoo. It could just be that the newer serial numbers haven't had enough time in the wild to display the same problems. There is a rumor that Costco is sending back all units between 38 and 48 to the factory though. 51 is the highest SN i've seen reported, they may be wrapping around to 01 and up now.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 5, 2013

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
I finally received a replacement unit for my LG 47LM660S LED backlit TV and it's way better than the model before. Only very slight clouding in the bottom left corner and a lot less noticeable vertical banding. I'll keep it :)

I also found out that the input label affects the image processing. When I label an HDMI input as "PC" it behaves differently than when I set no label or something like "BluRay". My AppleTV 2 has some stuttering issues when when the picture mode(!) is not set to "Game". When I set the HDMI input label to "PC" though, I can leave the picture mode in "isf expert" and have more control over the image. With a PC label however, some advanced settings are still grayed out, but it seems a lot better than Game mode. Can't wait to get a probe and calibrate it :)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Elysium posted:

No, you had it right? Every reported serial number that has had BSOD (that I have seen) has been between 38 and 46 inclusive. The serial number referenced is the first two numbers after a string of letters, so LFHGHHD4293994 is a "42" and so on. It is speculated that Sharp offloaded a bad batch of panels to Vizio, and those are it. They seem to die within about 2 months.

I bought at Target and had them look through the serial numbers to get me a 51. My TV is great so far, but most people who had BSOD reported that their TV was fine up until the point it died. The serial number thing may or may not be voodoo. It could just be that the newer serial numbers haven't had enough time in the wild to display the same problems. There is a rumor that Costco is sending back all units between 38 and 48 to the factory though. 51 is the highest SN i've seen reported, they may be wrapping around to 01 and up now.

Sorry I doubled up on my stupidity there and should have typed lower in the edit.

TheHawk
Apr 1, 2005
One out, One in.

So I've been thinking about getting a new TV as mine is starting to show its age. I've been given the opportunity to buy a Samsung 46 inch LED, http://goo.gl/QqSDl for $600 and will mainly using it for watching sports and playing games. The negatives I've seen mention the HDMI ports on the back which arent a problem for me as Ill be using a stand and not mounted on the wall and the internet apps which I don't plan to use. It looks to be a decent buy but I'm kinda clueless when it comes to HDTV's so was wondering what others thought of this particular TV. Thanks for the help guys.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Can someone recommend me a 37"-40" Full HD TV for under 1000€. I'd like more than two HDMI ports, but it's not totally important. Otherwise, i'd just like a great picture for Blu-rays. I sit 2-3 meters away from then TV when watching movies. I don't need 3D, input lag isn't really important but some time in the future I may hook up my PC to play Sonic on the screen. Also, DVB-T2 tuner with MPEG-4 support, if that's not a given.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
I'm looking to get a 37-40 inch TV, mainly for sports and gaming. The problem with this is that there are very few options in terms of TVs that are 37-40 while being 1080p that are under $450(which is my budget). I've looked at Samsung and there was a 32 inch that I was interested in until I found out it didn't even have an audio out.

Now i'm looking at Sharp, but I can't find any helpful reviews for these two particular models. Does anyone own or have experiences with these two models? Some input would be greatly appreciated!

Sharp lc-39le440u
Sharp lc-40le431u

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Kuhmondo posted:

The problem with this is that there are very few options in terms of TVs that are 37-40 while being 1080p that are under $450(which is my budget).

Really? It seems to me that $400 is right around the price point for a lot of 40" 1080p tvs, other than high end samsungs and sonys. For example, 42" LG 3D 1080p, $429 (was just $399 a couple days ago): http://www.frys.com/product/7506206

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Any thoughts about the TC-L47E5 47" IPS LED? I can't find ANY reviews anywhere (minus amazon).

I found one for under $500.

Edit: I pulled the trigger. I couldn't beat that price.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 9, 2013

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Looking to upgrade from a 32" Mitsubishi CRT that I pulled from the garbage a few years back, but I'm a little lost when it comes to picking a new one. I have no idea which brands are considered good anymore, and I don't give a poo poo about 3D. I'd like to stay at the 32" mark, 1080P although I'd also like it to still have some older connections available for game systems that aren't new enough for component/HDMI. Any goon recommendations in this area?

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Before I grab a Panasonic ST50 65" are there any other tv's in that size and price range I should consider? I don't especially care if it's LCD or Plasma. I'm most interested in picture quality for probably an even mix between movies and games (PS3 and PC). I'm coming from a 55" Samsung DLP tv. My new place has huge windows on the entire wall to the left of the tv, but no direct sunlight (north facing).

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
The only way to get a noticeably better tv than that is to spend at least twice as much. The Samsung 6500 and better are somewhat comparable plasmas

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Vizio released a statement acknowledging the problems with the e601-a3: https://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/962/kw/special%20bulletin

Basically, yes there was a problem with serial numbers 38 to 48, and they are extending the warranty by a year.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I know it's a refurb, but that aside is this a good deal and/or a good model?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sharp-60-inch-led-tv-refurb

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lovie Unsmith posted:

I know it's a refurb, but that aside is this a good deal and/or a good model?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sharp-60-inch-led-tv-refurb

My parents purchased the model that has smart features, and after some fidgeting with it, as I hadn't used a HD much, I forgot to change the inputs for several minutes as I couldn't figure out the problem with the picture blur! me dumb..

Great picture overall, and if the set you are looking at has a USB that happens to work pretty pain free. You have a good price in my opinion.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 11, 2013

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Elysium posted:

Vizio released a statement acknowledging the problems with the e601-a3: https://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/962/kw/special%20bulletin

Basically, yes there was a problem with serial numbers 38 to 48, and they are extending the warranty by a year.

Ugh I bought one yesterday and got a 48. I thought 46 was the cutoff. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Oh thank god, it caps at 4805300 and I've got a 48065xx. I hope they're pretty sure about those numbers!

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 11, 2013

entragian
Oct 13, 2003
$1500 max. Native 1080p, with deep blacks, and accurate colours. Blu-Ray movie support (24p), Wi-fi, SMART features built-in, 3D, and 55" or 60" screen. A respected brand name. Low input lag. Last week I bought a 55" LG (LM7600), but the bleeding around the top edge and the bottom left corner is to much and will be returning it. From what I've read about this TV on avsforums this is a common problem with the model and I don't want to exchange it to have the same issue, so I'd like to stay away from that model. TV will be used mostly for TV, HD movies, and some gaming.

JJJJJS
Sep 17, 2007

entragian posted:

$1500 max. Native 1080p, with deep blacks, and accurate colours. Blu-Ray movie support (24p), Wi-fi, SMART features built-in, 3D, and 55" or 60" screen. A respected brand name. Low input lag. Last week I bought a 55" LG (LM7600), but the bleeding around the top edge and the bottom left corner is to much and will be returning it. From what I've read about this TV on avsforums this is a common problem with the model and I don't want to exchange it to have the same issue, so I'd like to stay away from that model. TV will be used mostly for TV, HD movies, and some gaming.

Sounds like you want the Panasonic P55ST50. Amazon has it for $1300.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Is it impossible to get a great TV without having to pay for SMART features and 3D and such?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Boz0r posted:

Is it impossible to get a great TV without having to pay for SMART features and 3D and such?

Depends on how you define a "great" tv. Almost all high end new TVs are going to have them because it's expected now of a high end tv. As of it ceasing production late last year, you could still get something like the Panasonic U50 plasma series, which had great picture and no smart features or 3D, and was a few hundred less than the UT50 which was the exact same TV but with those features. One of the problems with both of those TVs though is they lack the special anti-glare and extra brightness features of the higher end models, which you can't get without 3D because they are high end models. More and more though you don't see that kind of segmentation in the product line, and it's arguable whether or not you are "paying for" 3D and Smart features for any given model because the costs of research and implementation of those things are kind of already done and expected to be included in prices across the board.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I wouldn't look at it like "paying" for those features. Those features don't really affect the material cost of the set (their exclusion wouldn't make production of the set any cheaper). It's just one of those things you get with a higher end set.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I bought a 43" Samsung plasma TV (model PM43D430) over Black Friday weekend in 2011 for $400. It's been fine except for a very worrying problem: purple snow on the left side of the screen when there are very bright images on the screen. It seems to be getting a little worse now, spreading more toward the middle of the screen. My searching indicates that this is a relatively common problem with Samsungs. I also read that maybe a software update can help, so that's my next step.

Failing that, what are my options here? Is it worth getting it repaired out of warranty or am I better off waiting to get a similar-sized LCD/LED TV on sale for about the same price? I'm not a huge movie watcher (don't even have a Blu-Ray), I use it mostly to watch cable and play games or watch Netflix on my 360.

If I go for a new TV, I just want a not-terrible 43"-ish TV for around $400 so I'll just be watching for sales.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
LG 60PA5500 60" Class Plasma $699 AR free shipping

I hate mail in rebates, but here you go: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3974452&CatId=3652

Mindfish
Jul 18, 2003
Professional Victim
Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung UE55ES8000? Picture quality, speed etc.?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Mindfish posted:

Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung UE55ES8000? Picture quality, speed etc.?

From what I hear, Samsung went overboard on ergonomics and crazy features like a built in camera that does motion sensing, but ultimately doesn't justify the high price for the picture quality.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Elysium posted:

LG 60PA5500 60" Class Plasma $699 AR free shipping

I hate mail in rebates, but here you go: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3974452&CatId=3652
If anyone pulls the trigger on this, please post your findings -- 8 out of 9 of the reviews on amazon are 5 star, but who knows...

e: SCART connectors on the back? Am I back in France?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Considering a Samsung UN32EH5000, I don't need anything much bigger and don't want to spend more than $400. Are there any glaring problems with this model or one that's a whole lot better for only a bit more?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My Samsung LN52A630 has bought the farm apparently so I'm looking at new TVs in case they won't fix it for me.

I don't necessarily need anything better or different then what that was providing me, but here is a baseline of what I'm looking for:

Native 1080p, 52", good brand, low input lag/good game mode, low glare/reflection(mostly used with lights on). Decent TV sound would be cool since we aren't using surround or anything currently due to wires/child. Would be nice if it had a fair amount of inputs. TV is mostly used through the Xbox 360 for gaming/netflix and through a media PC for all other tv/movies. I'm relatively open on price, but given it's been only about 4 years since I bought that Samsung for like 1600, I'm hoping for something that meets my needs for 1k or less.

Any good recommendations?

Also curious about same criteria for an approximately 40" tv that I might be able to pick up at a local best buy/costco/etc. We've been meaning to get a bedroom TV for a while now and if the main one IS going to get repaired, I could maybe pick up the bedroom TV to use as our main TV until that is squared away.

I'm doing my own research as well, but I've been out of the market for ages, so if there are some obvious winners here I'd love to hear about them. Thanks!

edit to add -- After some research, I'm looking at the Samsung UN40ES6100 for a bedroom TV, if we can get the current one repaired.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 15, 2013

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Very helpful tips so far in this thread. I've been looking for a TV in the 42" range for around $800. Wifi and Smart features like Netflix are preferred. The model that sticks out so far is the LG 42LM6200, which is on sale at Best Buy and Newegg for $799. I have seen a few conflicting reviews so far regarding black quality as an example, and the nearest retailer with one in stock is a few hours away... Any current/past owners have an opinion, or is there a better TV in this category that I may have overlooked?

I use XBMC for video playback on my current screen, and my PC is set to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity such as at night after the selected show is finished and we're snoring away. Until it shuts down, the screen displays a static menu. Because of this, I'm initially inclined to avoid a plasma set and have focused more on LEDs, but I see burn-in is supposed to be less of an issue with newer plasmas.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CaseFace McGee posted:

Very helpful tips so far in this thread. I've been looking for a TV in the 42" range for around $800. Wifi and Smart features like Netflix are preferred. The model that sticks out so far is the LG 42LM6200, which is on sale at Best Buy and Newegg for $799. I have seen a few conflicting reviews so far regarding black quality as an example, and the nearest retailer with one in stock is a few hours away... Any current/past owners have an opinion, or is there a better TV in this category that I may have overlooked?

I use XBMC for video playback on my current screen, and my PC is set to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity such as at night after the selected show is finished and we're snoring away. Until it shuts down, the screen displays a static menu. Because of this, I'm initially inclined to avoid a plasma set and have focused more on LEDs, but I see burn-in is supposed to be less of an issue with newer plasmas.

TCL47et5 47" 3d ips led with built in wifi etc from panasonic $699 at pauls tv, which means amazon will match it.
http://www.paulstv.com/LED-Televisions/Panasonic-TCL47ET5.asp

Also I use an htpc on my plasma. It got a pretty fair amount of retention on my 3 year old 50pj350, which was a low end LG. However I recently got a panasonic st50 and havent noticed any retention after calibrating it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I want to thank this thread for educating me. I got a Samsung LN46E550 46-Inch LCD for under $600 and we are super happy with it. It replaced a 2003 Sony CRT so you can imagine this is a pretty huge upgrade.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

CaseFace McGee posted:

Very helpful tips so far in this thread. I've been looking for a TV in the 42" range for around $800.

I'm initially inclined to avoid a plasma set and have focused more on LEDs, but I see burn-in is supposed to be less of an issue with newer plasmas.

I'm not sure they even make plasmas under 50" anymore, and sometimes those are 720p. There should be tons of great options for a 42" tv for $800. $800 is what I just spent for a 60" tv (with Wifi and Smart features).

I agree with BrettRob actually, that Panasonic should be pretty good.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 15, 2013

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

BrettRobb posted:

However I recently got a panasonic st50 and havent noticed any retention after calibrating it.

IR is weird on the ST50.

I never really had much of it at all for the longest time. However, I noticed in the past week that the Comedy Central logo and adult swim logo were visible under some circumstances. The [adult swim] logo is opaque so that's somewhat understandable, but the Comedy Central one is translucent (though with a fairly high percentage of opacity.)

So, watching an hour of the The Daily Show and Colbert, over time, was enough to cause it to show up. I suspect too that if I was watching the show with commercials it would have been less of an issue since the logo would have been washed away every 10 minutes by 3 minutes of commericals.

Adult swim was kind of my own fault since in the past few weeks I've been busy in the evening and basically left it on from 9pm to 2am as background noise. But the CC logo did concern me a bit.

A week later and they have faded quite a bit and will probably be gone soon. I did just pickup the Disney WoW disc yesterday and have plans to use the "pixel flipper" function to accelerate the erasure.

In the future, I may just flip flop between Mode 1 and Mode 2 (overscan and not overscan) in the aspect settings to move the logos around if I'm going to be watching for any prolonged period. What's weird is I have about 1800 hours on the TV now and most reports said that IR basically becomes a non-issue after 400 hours.

I'm mildly annoyed, but not enough to overcome the picture quality of this TV which is still jaw dropping for the price.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

BrettRobb posted:

TCL47et5 47" 3d ips led with built in wifi etc from panasonic $699 at pauls tv, which means amazon will match it.
http://www.paulstv.com/LED-Televisions/Panasonic-TCL47ET5.asp

The lady approved, and I grabbed it through Amazon. I'm going to call Amazon shortly about the price match stuff, since I haven't seen the "found a lower price" button yet. If Amazon doesn't play nice and match the price, is there any reason why I shouldn't just get it from the Paul's TV website?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The worst part of finally getting HD is that DVDs no longer hack it. How did I use to live with that quality of picture.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

IR is weird on the ST50.

I never really had much of it at all for the longest time. However, I noticed in the past week that the Comedy Central logo and adult swim logo were visible under some circumstances. The [adult swim] logo is opaque so that's somewhat understandable, but the Comedy Central one is translucent (though with a fairly high percentage of opacity.)

So, watching an hour of the The Daily Show and Colbert, over time, was enough to cause it to show up. I suspect too that if I was watching the show with commercials it would have been less of an issue since the logo would have been washed away every 10 minutes by 3 minutes of commericals.

Adult swim was kind of my own fault since in the past few weeks I've been busy in the evening and basically left it on from 9pm to 2am as background noise. But the CC logo did concern me a bit.

A week later and they have faded quite a bit and will probably be gone soon. I did just pickup the Disney WoW disc yesterday and have plans to use the "pixel flipper" function to accelerate the erasure.

In the future, I may just flip flop between Mode 1 and Mode 2 (overscan and not overscan) in the aspect settings to move the logos around if I'm going to be watching for any prolonged period. What's weird is I have about 1800 hours on the TV now and most reports said that IR basically becomes a non-issue after 400 hours.

I'm mildly annoyed, but not enough to overcome the picture quality of this TV which is still jaw dropping for the price.

I have an ST30 but the few times I've noticed any image retention (our 4 year old loves to watch cartoons and never turn the TV off) I just use the built in screen wipe tool for a few hours and it seems go away. Not sure if the ST50 has something similar, I would assume it does somewhere.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

EDIT: Some mad soul is going out trying to catalogue displays by input lag (in this instance, total port-to-screen time). It's probably going to take a while to build up and may never be comprehensive, but we can at least watch and hope.

euphronius posted:

The worst part of finally getting HD is that DVDs no longer hack it. How did I use to live with that quality of picture.

CRT is a hell of a drug.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 16, 2013

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CaseFace McGee posted:

The lady approved, and I grabbed it through Amazon. I'm going to call Amazon shortly about the price match stuff, since I haven't seen the "found a lower price" button yet. If Amazon doesn't play nice and match the price, is there any reason why I shouldn't just get it from the Paul's TV website?

It took me a while to find it. But Paul's tv is on the approved vendor list, they matched my st50 to 1149 from them

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
What's the difference between the 530, 550 and 6500 series of Samsung plasmas? I can't seem to find much online. I have an LG 50" right now that I'm going to sell - moving next month and unfortunately I lost the stand, hopefully someone will buy it with just a mount. The future landlord isn't going to be keen on me mounting a TV to the wall and I've been looking for a reason to buy a Samsung TV for a while since joining the company. Do most people mount TVs? I hope so because the stand is about $60 plus shipping from LG.

I'm looking into 60", the EPP provided is decent enough that it's worth paying shipping. There's about a $200-300 difference between the 530/550/6500 series of TVs though. I don't really care about 3D but it looks like the 550 has it anyway and who knows maybe I will wind up using it. I also don't think I'll need SMART TV features since we have a PS3 hooked up the TV for any browsing/streaming requirements. At first glance it looks like the 530 series is a basic plasma with no 3D or SMART features but the 550 says it's SMART and 3D both, no idea what the 6500 upgrades would be.

I'm pretty sure I want a plasma as the bang for buck seems definitely better than LED. It'll be mostly for movie watching, game playing and some video games and NHL GameCentre [through PS3] as well. I don't think burn it will be an issue with any of those, we don't have cable so network logos shouldn't burn in outside of the odd hockey game.

There's also the question of waiting for the 2013 series of TVs, whether or not to bother.

I think it would be too big for our upcoming apartment but I've been looking at the 64" ones too... talk me out of it for an apartment if I'm crazy.

Thanks for any advise. I have no idea what I want really and know next to nothing about TVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The Gunslinger posted:

I have an ST30 but the few times I've noticed any image retention (our 4 year old loves to watch cartoons and never turn the TV off) I just use the built in screen wipe tool for a few hours and it seems go away. Not sure if the ST50 has something similar, I would assume it does somewhere.

There's a screen wipe, but it times out after 15 minutes (and then annoyingly dumps you back into the bright menu.)

I really just knew why sometimes IR never happens but then all at once it shows up.