Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Jackie D posted:

is smug an emotion? Cause if it is...

He's always smug, it's Coyote's "neutral" baseline. If he's not smug then you can worry.

The same goes for Demaro's except "pissed".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Good god, can you imagine being unable to tell distance? That would gently caress anyone up pretty hard, especially if you're trying to fight another person.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Should he be toying with him like this? Seems like pride. He should be ending the fight as safely, quickly, and efficiently as possible!

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008

lazerbot deviantart posted:

explain my ignorance instead of being a cry baby. or are you just all impulse and have no bounds of your claims? of course you have no salad ground to your claims of ignorance so before talking perhaps think yeah?

Not trying to draw attention to his vaguely homophobic (more like overzealously prideful) meltdown but "salad ground" is like my favorite l-botism yet h*ly s*it g*ddamn

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Didn't we just say to stop posting his off-site comments on this?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Raserys posted:

Good god, can you imagine being unable to tell distance? That would gently caress anyone up pretty hard, especially if you're trying to fight another person.

I dunno, I think pirates were pretty good fighters.

I'm surprised Coyote pulled back his Yin Yang Serpends, they were a really viable strategy against Demaro, perhaps more so than Road Runner. Maybe they need to recharge after doing the dance like every other special attack in this comic.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

horriblePencilist posted:

I dunno, I think pirates were pretty good fighters.

I'm surprised Coyote pulled back his Yin Yang Serpends, they were a really viable strategy against Demaro, perhaps more so than Road Runner. Maybe they need to recharge after doing the dance like every other special attack in this comic.

If you pay attention, you'll notice they fell asleep after doing their distance-perception-destroying-dance. You can see lil z's coming off their heads and everything.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
At this point I'm expecting Wily will just pull out a gun and shoot Demaro.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Raserys posted:

Kind of. I occasionally have these weird spells where it feels like something's loving with my field of view, making things look like they're too close and big for a while. It's more unpleasant than it sounds.

Having everything look flat must be horrifying.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Schwarzwald posted:

At this point I'm expecting Wily will just pull out a gun and shoot Demaro.

I think he'd rather trick Mega Man into doing it for him.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Didn't we just say to stop posting his off-site comments on this?

I think we can make an exception for "salad ground".

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Panel 13 -> Demaro's reaction to the derail.

//Edit

Girafro posted:

Get to it then, I'm looking forward to your take on things.

Even if I had recording equipment I don't think I could do it, everyone in this thread would murder me.
//Edit//
Though if I did I would definitely read it like one of those classy story book theaters with a bad Sean Connery accent and make weird noises every once in awhile by drinking water like the audio book for Lord of the Flies. Maybe even putting in comment double-takes when something weird happens.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 16, 2013

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
oh this should be
good road runner,
hes gonna trip
loving balls.

:smug:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Jackie D posted:

is smug an emotion? Cause if it is...

If it is, it is my default. :smuggo: Go Coyote!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
The Coyote / Demaro fight hasn't even really begun until the cthulu devilpede shows up IMO.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I love that he is required to be smug to be a Neutral. It's such a great character trait and it fits him perfectly.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

pathetic little tramp posted:

Remember the PBF threads?

"Heh, check out this funny comic guys"

"HE'S OBVIOUSLY SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT THE NATURE OF VIOLENCE IN INNER-CITY CANADA"

The proper response to the last week or so of this thread is "ugh gently caress"

The gently caress? Of every work of fiction ever produced, I can think of few which contain less "message" than Perry loving Bible Fellowship. Wasn't that the whole point?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've just realized that with its appearances in the cartoons being rare, the sight of Wile's open mouth is very satisfying to see.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
You know if you look at it closely...Wiley's mouth kind of looks like someones swim-suit, just taped to his face to look like a bandito mask. Maybe it's because I've been living in a Preston Blair book lately, but he needs to add some sort of chin or lip or whatever its called.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 16, 2013

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Sir, I hosed up ok? I hosed.

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008
Okay. Demaro tearing his own eyes out and infusing them with his strings was some legitimately incredible imagery.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Coyote's looking notably unsmug in his last panel :ohdear:.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
wakka wakka
wakka wakka

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

What did you gently caress, exactly?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Huh, so Coyote has powered eyes, you can even see yellow in them during his explanation. Wonder if he has super-vision or something?

Edit:
vvv Ah, okay. I didn't exactly understand the way the yin yang serpents worked but this makes sense.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 16, 2013

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

ThatPazuzu posted:

Huh, so Coyote has powered eyes, you can even see yellow in them during his explanation. Wonder if he has super-vision or something?

Isn't the implication that Coyote had to do the same thing (pull his eyes out to fix them with strings) when he had to fight those snakes?

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

On the fly (and vivid) body alteration is one of the creepiest, yet awesome, things I've seen.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
God, I love everything about this comic. That was incredibly gross and it was PERFECT.

LB, you're my kind of guy.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
So, what, is his third eye still without depth perception?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Tails Gets Trolled: Third Eye Death Perception

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
If this page ever gets made into an audio book a BOOOOOIIING sound is a must.
Was there any hint at Coyotes eyes in a previous panel? Seeing how he's done stuff before I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, Demaro is going to kill Coyote.
He's going to give a "Were not so different/offer to mentor him" speech, Demaro's gonna pull an act and go with it then, *splat*
Death by Hubris.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

NTT posted:

Third Eye Death Perception

Now there's a killer band name if I've ever heard one.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

scarycave posted:

If this page ever gets made into an audio book a BOOOOOIIING sound is a must.
Was there any hint at Coyotes eyes in a previous panel? Seeing how he's done stuff before I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, Demaro is going to kill Coyote.
He's going to give a "Were not so different/offer to mentor him" speech, Demaro's gonna pull an act and go with it then, *splat*
Death by Hubris.

Coyote has been the smug guy with the upper hand for a while now. With the bone centipede a complete question mark at this point there's no way Demaro doesn't escape to fight another day, if not win outright.

Still it'd be nice to see a good guy win for once.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Truly the Nasuverse is the only fictional universe crazy enough to match the TGT canon. Also goddamn that impromptu eye surgery is one of the best things i have ever seen.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Did Demaro have any reason to believe that was going to work? What was his backup plan if he wasn't able to put his eyes back in?

e: oh my god that's why he didn't try it on his third eye. Lazerbot is a genius

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
If he can do all this why can't he fix his arm? "Oh it's all crushed" is a less valid excuse when he can tear his eyes out, rewire them, and then put them back in none the worse for wear.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

If he can do all this why can't he fix his arm? "Oh it's all crushed" is a less valid excuse when he can tear his eyes out, rewire them, and then put them back in none the worse for wear.

It's probably the difference between fixing something that has some wires loose vs trying to rebuild a car that was crashed under a boulder.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
He should just make a new arm out of strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I don't think it's a matter of not being able to fix his arm, but more a matter of him not needing his arm. His satanic skills have surpassed his human fighting abilities, so he transcends his humanity by refusing to restore his human form. Now that he has manipulated his eyes, he proceeds to distance himself from the person he once was and continues to rely on his strings. Eventually, he's gonna be nothing but a Floating Eyeball of Death.