Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cromulent posted:

Jake tweeted that Hall had been sober for 15 days, and in that video, he's clearly hosed up on the phone, so I'm guessing that video was actually shot a few weeks ago. In which case, it's entirely possible that Hall did go to a detox center to dry out before going to the house.
Detox is one thing. Hall's broken mentally and that's why he keeps relapsing. DDP and Jake want to help him stay that way while learning to finally move past what started this in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Perigryn posted:

Detox is one thing. Hall's broken mentally and that's why he keeps relapsing. DDP and Jake want to help him stay that way while learning to finally move past what started this in the first place.
Well, yeah. Not really sure why you're quoting me as if said that wasn't the case. I was responding the Nash stuff about how Hall needs to be in a hospital detoxing, not doing yoga. It seemed like Nash was under the impression that Hall was going to go there all addicted to pills and booze, which would indeed be a poor choice medically, since coming off alcohol and benzos can literally kill you.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cromulent posted:

Jake tweeted that Hall had been sober for 15 days, and in that video, he's clearly hosed up on the phone, so I'm guessing that video was actually shot a few weeks ago. In which case, it's entirely possible that Hall did go to a detox center to dry out before going to the house.

I'm not entirely sure he is capable of not sounded hosed up at this point, even in sobriety.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cromulent posted:

Well, yeah. Not really sure why you're quoting me as if said that wasn't the case. I was responding the Nash stuff about how Hall needs to be in a hospital detoxing, not doing yoga. It seemed like Nash was under the impression that Hall was going to go there all addicted to pills and booze, which would indeed be a poor choice medically, since coming off alcohol and benzos can literally kill you.
Oh, I quoted you because I was adding to your comment and that Nash wouldn't have considered both points before tweeting all that and just assuming Hall's staying at DDP's just for 'yoga', which should also help him find some inner peace and rebuild his self esteem and discipline along with his physical well being after coming out of medical detoxing. It did Jake some good after all.

Sorry if it seemed like I was being harsh on you, man. Didn't intend it to be.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
If he hasn't already, DDP should take courses to become some sort of addiction counsellor. If he's serious about helping dudes like this, as he seems to be, hopefully he has some training.

I can't even begin to imagine how to "fix" a guy like Scott Hall, I feel like you could do some short term gains and some long term damage to a guy like that.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Big E does follow friday

quote:

Big E Langston ‏@BigELangston
If you see her in public, #FF @WWEAJLee today. Follow her crouched by bushes. Follow her w/ binoculars. To ensure she's safe, of course...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Evan :unsmith:

airbourne posted:

‏@findevan
Another great (hard) week of therapy and training. My foots feeling good after some basic in-ring work. Gonna step it up next week!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

quote:

Antonio Cesaro ‏@AntonioCesaro

It never gets old… http://i.minus.com/iCNTBtAX6r8bU.gif … #USChampion @wwe #SmackDown #punyMiz

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

haha that is the best move ever

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kevin Nash posted:

Talked to Scott today 4 over an hour, best he's been in 15 years.Thur detox and on to DDP.If anyone can take Scott 2 the next level it's him. Really don't give a gently caress what marks think, just want what's best for Scott.Talked To DDP tonight feel were all on the same page.
That was quick...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And that's what you get for judging DDPesus, you rear end in a top hat giant.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He never said anything bad about DDP, though. Kevin Nash just correctly brought up that without medical professionals overseeing the detox process Scott Hall would likely die because some idiots on twitter thought otherwise.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Ugh, I just hate those marks!!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not going to judge Nash for lashing out or having an immediately doubtful reaction to this stuff. People are going over the top with this "DDP Jesus" stuff and obviously being very optimistic and hopeful for Jake and Hall's chances. I am too because I'd love for it to work. But Hall isn't some random wrestler or celebrity to Nash, he's a close friend whose addiction has done God knows what kinds of emotional, psychological, and possibly physical or financial damage on Nash over the last 20 years. I've had a couple of friends like that and if you came to me and told me they were going to be "saved" by a well meaning mutual friend then I'd probably react pretty badly too. Its a raw nerve for me that other people don't have. I'm sure the same is true for Nash when it comes to Hall.

The problem is he shouldn't be saying that poo poo on Twitter, but what's social media if its not sharing and saying inappropriate things in public and immortalizing things you say and do in the heat of the moment? Politics in 20 years are going to be amazing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think my only issue with Nash isn't so much what he's saying (as a former social worker, I've seen and heard some stories that would make most folks shake their heads in terms of alternative methods of kicking drugs and booze), but rather, the way he's chosen to say it. It has nothing to do with being a mark, people just want this to succeed and Kevin needs to realize that. Nobody wants Scott to die. Nash's issue here is probably that he's a bit too close to the situation.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think my only issue with Nash isn't so much what he's saying (as a former social worker, I've seen and heard some stories that would make most folks shake their heads in terms of alternative methods of kicking drugs and booze), but rather, the way he's chosen to say it. It has nothing to do with being a mark, people just want this to succeed and Kevin needs to realize that. Nobody wants Scott to die. Nash's issue here is probably that he's a bit too close to the situation.

I think his "This is my friend's life, not some PSA" tweet is the best indicator of where he's coming from on this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaylord Plower posted:

I think his "This is my friend's life, not some PSA" tweet is the best indicator of where he's coming from on this.

Totally, which is why I'm trying to be pretty careful with my words in being critical of his actions. He wants his friend to be healthy and happy and he's skeptical. That's normal. The thing about Nash is he's a pretty bright guy. And he likely has more understanding of Hall's situation then ANYBODY.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If the internet had essentially turned my life long's friend addiction and struggles into a meme I bet I'd end up getting pissed off over it for a day or two as well. I think its that simple. This stuff is personal to Nash and seeing it all over the web, seeing people act like its a done deal because Hall accepted DDP's invitation, or anything he might be getting directly from assholes on Twitter, Facebook, or wherever probably just hit some raw nerves.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Remember that Michael Elgin Facebook post that someone said was basically Indies Wrestler but not joking? Well...

@IndiesWrestler posted:

Haven't tweeted much, I've spent all my time on Facebook. Trying hard to legitimize my opinions with long posts to prove how relevant I am.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

njsykora posted:

Remember that Michael Elgin Facebook post that someone said was basically Indies Wrestler but not joking? Well...

What was this? I've never heard of it, do you have a link?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I think it was posted in another thread, but the gist of it is:

Elgin talks about "innovating" the turnbuckle powerbomb on FB, gets called on it by Colt Cabana, and then posts a bunch of backtracking crap about he still "made it his own" or something.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

It was in the wrestling pictures thread, I thought it was in this one so my bad.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Thought this was a funny exchange, that's all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I think it was posted in another thread, but the gist of it is:

Elgin talks about "innovating" the turnbuckle powerbomb on FB, gets called on it by Colt Cabana, and then posts a bunch of backtracking crap about he still "made it his own" or something.
Oh like how Kurt got upset at Orton "stealing" the Angle Slam from him?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

He's talking about "Angry Wrestling Vet", a Facebook account.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh like how Kurt got upset at Orton "stealing" the Angle Slam from him?

He was so upset he started using an RKO as a transitional move for a few weeks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Marty DeRosa posted:

‏@MartyDeRosa

Just got a pic w/ the great Power Uti. I told this him that @CliffCompton was looking for him. He said bring it on. pic.twitter.com/kNszKO3
Rematch of the century here

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It's one thing to get irritated at someone doing your finisher as a random move if you're in the same company, this isn't even a finish.

Is that the extent of it or did he post some giant blog about it? That's stupid but it's nothing like "Trying hard to legitimize my opinions with long posts to prove how relevant I am".

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

He's talking about "Angry Wrestling Vet", a Facebook account.

well there ya go.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 17, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Scottish Comedian Kevin Bridges posted:

With @DaranskiConnell who has just claimed Rowdy Roddy Piper was from Springburn, anyone verify this? @robertflorence @greghemphill69

Rowdy Roddy Piper posted:

@kevinbridges86 @DaranskiConnell @robertflorence @greghemphill69 I got into a lot of trouble on the 1st UK Rampage tour. Chance I have kids

Another case of "Huh, I never expected them to interact."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rab Florence and Greg Hemphill are actually pretty involved in Scottish indie wrestling.

Doesn't stop Rab being an utter cock though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rab is great. Consolvania was a masterpiece.

Kevin Steen is weighing in on the important issues.

Kevin Steen posted:

“@austindye62: @FightSteenFight How big is Batista's dick?” I assume it's pretty impressive.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

VogeGandire posted:

Rab Florence and Greg Hemphill are actually pretty involved in Scottish indie wrestling.

Doesn't stop Rab being an utter cock though.

It's too bad Hemphill's leaving meant the end of "Still Game", I'd love to see an episode with Roddy Piper as a broken-down old wrestler hanging out in Craiglang. :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's too bad Hemphill's leaving meant the end of "Still Game", I'd love to see an episode with Roddy Piper as a broken-down old wrestler hanging out in Craiglang. :v:

He was in Always Sunny as a broken down old wrestler. He also was not the craziest person in the episode.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

bobkatt013 posted:

He was in Always Sunny as a broken down old wrestler. He also was not the craziest person in the episode.

Oh I know, I'd just like to see more Roddy Piper on the TV is all. :)

E: speaking of which,

@R_Roddy_Piper posted:

My last day of shooting this ABC show in my house! Thank you Baby Jesus!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

But he did keep calling Mac the n-word.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I laughed.

AJ Lee posted:

The Shield was on my flight. I wish they would smile once in a while. I wish they would just take off their shirts and smile once in a while

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

But he did keep calling Mac the n-word.

We did not find out if he had a P.I.P.E.R system, so he was not the craziest person.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

During the PPV, Matt Striker kept tweeting about how he totally agrees with Jack Swagger's ideals. Not in a heel way, either. It was kind of off-putting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gavok posted:

During the PPV, Matt Striker kept tweeting about how he totally agrees with Jack Swagger's ideals. Not in a heel way, either. It was kind of off-putting.
Bet Joey Styles agreed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

gently caress Matt Striker.