Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

text me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I see dr. manhattan has perfected his human form

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa#Questionable_relationships guys i think this article might be kind of biased

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_elements,_materials,_isotopes_and_atomic_particles

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
there is literally nothing of value on that wiki pedia page

sports
Sep 1, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_supercouples

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
For over twenty years, the pairing held the record for the most number of marriages to each other on a soap opera, at four.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Ridge and Brooke were marriee only three times? What is this poo poo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Tit

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ftfy

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

reminder that there was a wiki article about a book that said a character was based on someones life and the author of the book then said 'no it isnt' and the wiki editors said 'lol you're gonna have to find another source before you can edit it out'

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
thx for the reminder i almost forgot!!

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

lol karl and susan arent together anymore idiots

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

reminder that there was a wiki article about a book that said a character was based on someones life and the author of the book then said 'no it isnt' and the wiki editors said 'lol you're gonna have to find another source before you can edit it out'

it was more that wiki reported on speculation from literary critics that the character was based on this one guy (which is a reasonable thin gto do since up till then he hadn't said anything about it) and the author went on wiki and changed it and then argued with people and was all "im ~a famous author~ why won't you believe i am who i say I am?"

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
why does this thread still exist when the best wikipedia discussion is, always has been, and always will be the "human anus" discussion.

pack it in, wikilailures

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
Count Chocula
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Philelvrum (talk | contribs) at 20:10, 16 July 2006. It may differ significantly from the current revision.

(diff) ← Previous revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

File:Countchoculabig.jpg
A box of the popular Count Chocula breakfast cereal

Count Chocula is a member of the line of monster-themed breakfast cereals produced by General Mills. It contains chocolate-flavoured corn cereal bits and marshmallows. Count Chocula is the cereal's mascot, whose name is a pun on the vampire Count Dracula. Instead of craving blood like Dracula, Chocula craves Count Chocula breakfast cereal.

In 1971, the first two cereals in the line were introduced, the still-available Count Chocula and Franken Berry. Boo Berry, a pun on blueberry, was released two years later, in 1973, and Fruit Brute came in 1974, only to be discontinued in 1983. General Mills tried replacing Fruit Brute with Yummy Mummy in 1988, but that too had a short shelf life when it was ended in 1993. The latter two are no longer sold in retail stores.

Ernst Choukula was born the third child to Estonian landowers in the late autumn of 1873. His parents, Ivan and Brushken Choukula, were well-established traders of Baltic grain who-- by the early twentieth century--had established a monopolistic hold on the export markets of Lithuania, Latvia and southern Finland. A clever child, Ernst advanced quickly through secondary schooling and, at the age of nineteen, was managing one of six Talinn-area farms, along with his father, and older brother, Grinsh. By twenty-four, he appeared in his first "barrelled cereal" endorsement, as the Choukula family debuted "Ernst Choukula's Golden Wheat Muesli", a packaged mix that was intended for horses, mules, and the hospital ridden. Belarussian immigrant silo-tenders started cutting the product with vodka, creating a crude mush-paste they called "gruhll" or "gruell," and would eat the concoction each morning before work. The trend unwittingly spread, with alcohol being replaced by sheep--and then cow's--milk, and the demand for the Choukula's "cereal" reached as far south as Poland and as far west as the northern Jutland province of Denmark. It wasn't long before the unmistakable image (the original packaging, a three gallon wooden vat which featured a burnt etching of a jubilant, overalled Ernst holding a large dog and grinning broadly) made a pop-cultural splash throughout the entirety of Europe and northern Africa. In fact, Tunisia's "Carthagian Sand Crunch" was seen as the first imitation of the Choukula form; the aforementioned product was presented in broad leathern bags with the woven insignia of a nude tribesman holding a sword and a bunched stalk of oats. Sadly, this would neither be the first nor the tamest appropriation of Ernst's iconic visage. Meanwhile, in the "textile paradise"-region of Schenectady / Elmira New York, General Peter Mills--a celebrated turret gunner in McKinley's navy--was first beginning to mine America's seemingly insatiable desire to consume food before high noon. The trend, initially known in the United States as "brekkfest" had first appeared in 1903, with Dominic Eggo's invention of "wassled" or "waffled" bread, and really picked up steam throughout the teens and twenties, when eating in the morning was no longer deemed a sin by the Anglo-Catholic church. News of Choukula's economic domination across the Atlantic fascinated and troubled Mills, who was eager for similar success. In 1927, while vacationing the Iberian peninsula, he first encountered three discarded barrels of "Duke Choukula's Animal Supplement" (the name and design of the product had undergone several makeovers throughout the previous seven years, the most recent of which featured Ernst dressed in a cape and tiara, reflecting his family's oft-disputed ties to Eurasian royalty). Immediately intrigued, Mills brought one with him on his boat ride back to the States, and spent the twenty-three day trip obsessively studying the packaging. In the spring of 1929, General Mills' "Prince Chocula's Morning Digestive" was picked up for distribution in three dozen pharmacies, grocery stands and agrarian carts throughout New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and northern Maryland. The public response was confused and angered at the recipe's savory, clove-like sting; apparently a confusion over the name led many to believe the breakfast was made from chocolate, and by 1931 the formula had been updated to reflect the nation's collective sweet tooth. In 1932, boxes were labeled simply "Count Chocula's Chocolate Food" and Peter Mills was named Life Magazine's "Humanitarian of the Year, 1933". Ernst Chocula died in a Ukrainian cabin, penniless and alone, having descended into a type of brain-madness.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

WorkingPeer posted:

Count Chocula
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Philelvrum (talk | contribs) at 20:10, 16 July 2006. It may differ significantly from the current revision.

(diff) ← Previous revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

File:Countchoculabig.jpg
A box of the popular Count Chocula breakfast cereal

Count Chocula is a member of the line of monster-themed breakfast cereals produced by General Mills. It contains chocolate-flavoured corn cereal bits and marshmallows. Count Chocula is the cereal's mascot, whose name is a pun on the vampire Count Dracula. Instead of craving blood like Dracula, Chocula craves Count Chocula breakfast cereal.

In 1971, the first two cereals in the line were introduced, the still-available Count Chocula and Franken Berry. Boo Berry, a pun on blueberry, was released two years later, in 1973, and Fruit Brute came in 1974, only to be discontinued in 1983. General Mills tried replacing Fruit Brute with Yummy Mummy in 1988, but that too had a short shelf life when it was ended in 1993. The latter two are no longer sold in retail stores.

Ernst Choukula was born the third child to Estonian landowers in the late autumn of 1873. His parents, Ivan and Brushken Choukula, were well-established traders of Baltic grain who-- by the early twentieth century--had established a monopolistic hold on the export markets of Lithuania, Latvia and southern Finland. A clever child, Ernst advanced quickly through secondary schooling and, at the age of nineteen, was managing one of six Talinn-area farms, along with his father, and older brother, Grinsh. By twenty-four, he appeared in his first "barrelled cereal" endorsement, as the Choukula family debuted "Ernst Choukula's Golden Wheat Muesli", a packaged mix that was intended for horses, mules, and the hospital ridden. Belarussian immigrant silo-tenders started cutting the product with vodka, creating a crude mush-paste they called "gruhll" or "gruell," and would eat the concoction each morning before work. The trend unwittingly spread, with alcohol being replaced by sheep--and then cow's--milk, and the demand for the Choukula's "cereal" reached as far south as Poland and as far west as the northern Jutland province of Denmark. It wasn't long before the unmistakable image (the original packaging, a three gallon wooden vat which featured a burnt etching of a jubilant, overalled Ernst holding a large dog and grinning broadly) made a pop-cultural splash throughout the entirety of Europe and northern Africa. In fact, Tunisia's "Carthagian Sand Crunch" was seen as the first imitation of the Choukula form; the aforementioned product was presented in broad leathern bags with the woven insignia of a nude tribesman holding a sword and a bunched stalk of oats. Sadly, this would neither be the first nor the tamest appropriation of Ernst's iconic visage. Meanwhile, in the "textile paradise"-region of Schenectady / Elmira New York, General Peter Mills--a celebrated turret gunner in McKinley's navy--was first beginning to mine America's seemingly insatiable desire to consume food before high noon. The trend, initially known in the United States as "brekkfest" had first appeared in 1903, with Dominic Eggo's invention of "wassled" or "waffled" bread, and really picked up steam throughout the teens and twenties, when eating in the morning was no longer deemed a sin by the Anglo-Catholic church. News of Choukula's economic domination across the Atlantic fascinated and troubled Mills, who was eager for similar success. In 1927, while vacationing the Iberian peninsula, he first encountered three discarded barrels of "Duke Choukula's Animal Supplement" (the name and design of the product had undergone several makeovers throughout the previous seven years, the most recent of which featured Ernst dressed in a cape and tiara, reflecting his family's oft-disputed ties to Eurasian royalty). Immediately intrigued, Mills brought one with him on his boat ride back to the States, and spent the twenty-three day trip obsessively studying the packaging. In the spring of 1929, General Mills' "Prince Chocula's Morning Digestive" was picked up for distribution in three dozen pharmacies, grocery stands and agrarian carts throughout New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and northern Maryland. The public response was confused and angered at the recipe's savory, clove-like sting; apparently a confusion over the name led many to believe the breakfast was made from chocolate, and by 1931 the formula had been updated to reflect the nation's collective sweet tooth. In 1932, boxes were labeled simply "Count Chocula's Chocolate Food" and Peter Mills was named Life Magazine's "Humanitarian of the Year, 1933". Ernst Chocula died in a Ukrainian cabin, penniless and alone, having descended into a type of brain-madness.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

WorkingPeer posted:

why does this thread still exist when the best wikipedia discussion is, always has been, and always will be the "human anus" discussion.

pack it in, wikilailures

The shaved and more desirable anus should be the first one to be seen in the article. With the current setup, the only possible way to admire the smooth, clean anus is to have it in the same frame as the hairy anus. Please fix this. --GoatSmoke 20:27, 21 August 2007 (UTC)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Call Now posted:

The shaved and more desirable anus should be the first one to be seen in the article. With the current setup, the only possible way to admire the smooth, clean anus is to have it in the same frame as the hairy anus. Please fix this. --GoatSmoke 20:27, 21 August 2007 (UTC)

can't argue with that

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
"Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Browser Usage" was a hoax study allegedly released by a Canadian company called AptiQuant Psychometric Consulting Co. on July 26, 2011, that claimed to have correlated the IQs of 100,000 internet users with which web browsers they used.[1][2] Its claims that users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer had lower IQs than users of other browsers was widely covered in the media, and its revelation as a hoax was widely cited as an example of the weaknesses of the media.[3] The speed with which the story was reported was also alleged by some to be indicative of anti-Microsoft bias.[4]

The hoax was arranged by Tarandeep Gill, a web developer from Vancouver, British Columbia.[5] He claimed it was to raise awareness of the outdated nature of earlier versions of Internet Explorer that still have significant market share.[6][7]

It came amid a wave of other negative coverage of earlier versions of Internet Explorer.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_Quotient_(IQ)_and_Browser_Usage

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
opera :smuggo:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hives#Dermatographic_urticaria

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

we didnt say post pictures of wikipedia on the most worthless thing

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

sample size of 3

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

we didnt say post pictures of wikipedia on the most worthless thing

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

RIP Fishing With Therapy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i have that disease

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I used to get it when I suddenly developed an allergy against some cereal I liked

never thought to eat that cereal again since then and scratch YOSPOS on me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mcnealys baby posted:

sample size of 3

i was going to suggest that in fact it just shows that mr. tarandeep gill uses opera and has a mildly above average (certainly self- or online-calculated) iq

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

i was going to suggest that in fact it just shows that mr. tarandeep gill uses opera and has a mildly above average (certainly self- or online-calculated) iq

are you implying that the spark.com iq test was innaccurate or something

next you'll be telling me that my calculated superpower preference wouldn't be x-ray vision

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what do you mean this cooties test was a false negative???

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I got that cooties vaccine for nothing and now I have autism...

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
She began her career in 1993 as a nude model for Playboy magazine and was later named their Playmate of the Year. McCarthy then parlayed her Playboy fame into a television and film acting career. More recently, she has written books about parenting, and has become an activist promoting research into environmental causes and alternative biomedical treatments for autism.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im the top-level heading for an episode of penn & teller's Wankfest!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

ugh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003