Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

So is the general consensus pretty much that it isn't worth having Avatar get to 20/15 for Rally Spectrum?

No, Rally Spectrum owns, and the only reason to avoid it is if you want to be boring and go Sorcerer for Nosferatu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

So is the general consensus pretty much that it isn't worth having Avatar get to 20/15 for Rally Spectrum?

Rally Spectrum is arguably the best skill in the game. On Lunatic. And preferably on Lucina and/or Morgan, because Avatar probably wants to be receiving those stats rather than giving them out. On lower difficulties, you can just switch out of Grandmaster at 10 and go Dark Flier, Dark Knight or Sorcerer with no real loss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I pretty much always have Rally Spectrum around Chapter 14 as a 20/15. Veteran just gives too much XP for Avatar in my experience.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
I am torn. I want to get Donny, Nah, and Morgan with Aptitude but it feels weird to have Avatar marry Donny's daughter from the future.

Plus Nah's got pretty ridiculous growths to begin with, so passing on Aptitude to someone else probably would make everything smoother. Like Noire. I am slowly convincing myself this would be good.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I really liked Rally Spectrum. It made feeding kills to units I wanted to catch up really easy. Also because I decided I wouldn't reclass people who weren't Donny/Panne/Nowi so I had people capping at the classic 20/20 and that sometimes made it a hassle to one-round endgame enemies without the extra +4 to Str/Spd.

edit: So it seems the general consensus is that Rally Spectrum is easy to get, it's useful as hell, just get it

booksnake fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 18, 2013

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Most of my characters are 15/10 with Donny, Nowi, and Panne having 10-15 levels in their starting classes and I'm at chapter 17. Although I'm leveling up a roster of about 15. I plan on getting my guys up to 15 then knocking them down to another class, with my Avatar going for Sorcerer and Chrom into Great Knight and the such.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

WrightOfWay posted:

Rally Spectrum is arguably the best skill in the game. On Lunatic. And preferably on Lucina and/or Morgan, because Avatar probably wants to be receiving those stats rather than giving them out. On lower difficulties, you can just switch out of Grandmaster at 10 and go Dark Flier, Dark Knight or Sorcerer with no real loss.

Ah. Yeah, Rally Spectrum (and four other Rally skills) is fun to put on my Ylisse royal kids, if not completely overkill for Hard Mode. I guess it's also really useful to have a bunch of SpotPass/DLC characters spamming Rally for the really hard DLC maps. Bonus: Lucina also looks great as a Tactician/Grandmaster.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 18, 2013

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Someone mind linking some footage of the demon fighter DLC? I'd like to see what it looks like. I tried looking for it but I just can't seem to find it...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I just realized that in Chapter 15, there are some cats lying around on top of the houses :3:.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
If I use a second seal to put a character in a class they were already in do they restart that class at level 1 or whatever level they were before they changed?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oraculum Animi posted:

If I use a second seal to put a character in a class they were already in do they restart that class at level 1 or whatever level they were before they changed?

Back to 1.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Ugh, I was just sorta playing on autopilot, and I accidentally skipped Gauis and Libra's B-rank support conversation. Is there anywhere I can read it or do I need to beat the game first?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ugh, I was just sorta playing on autopilot, and I accidentally skipped Gauis and Libra's B-rank support conversation. Is there anywhere I can read it or do I need to beat the game first?

You could check to see if somebody has it transcribed at serenesforest, else you'll have to beat the game.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

RoyalScion posted:

You could check to see if somebody has it transcribed at serenesforest, else you'll have to beat the game.

Serenes was actually the first place I went to look, but their site won't load at all at the moment.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Bonus: Lucina also looks great as a Tactician/Grandmaster.

Tactician/Grandmaster just has a really great design in general, I think. I really like it.

About to beat the game, time to man up and do hard mode after this. Think I'll try a male avatar next. Think I'll keep the save around though, I want to finish off some of these supports. Owain and male Morgan have the best bromance. :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Serenesforest has a list of the support convos but the forum's down right now. You're going to have to beat the game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I've done that convo, and I'm a nice dude. I'll have a transcription for you in five. (Serenes is back up from here, but direct translations blow so I'll do it anyway.)

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 18, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There are no arenas, are there? I would be bummed by that, but I guess the random battles make it not matter too much. Ah well.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

O gods, hear my plea and partake-
Hey there, Padre. Having a little chat with the management, are we?
I was praying, if that's what you mean. Perhaps you would care to join me? A good soul cleansing can do wonders for one's mood.
I've never been much for talking to the blokes upstairs, you know? Still, what can it hurt just this once? So, uh, how's this work? I can ask for anything I want, or what?
Well, it is true that many people pray to receive things for themselves. But originally, prayers were not used to beseech the gods for favors. Rather, they were used to give thanks for blessings already received.
Blessings, eh? So I could say thanks for candied figs and honey cakes? Oh, and fruit pies, too?
Er, yes. I suppose so. If they are something you feel profoundly grateful for.
Profoundly doesn't begin to cover it... So, er, do I kneel or what? Is there a bench involved somehow?
It is customary to bend the knee in supplication, yes. Now then...
Oh ye gods, thanks a billion for all thine abundantly sweet and tasty goodness...
Dear gods, thank you for watching over us, and protecting our friends and comrades.
What? Thou art jealous, O mighty gods? Jealous and angry, you say? Then send thou's terrible fruit pies to me, that I might use them to smite thine foes!
...?
I also love jellied pears, O vengeful ones! And those biscuits with goo in the middle!
Gaius, your demands for sweets hover ever closer to blasphemy...
O furious and insane gods! Send me ten-nay, TWENTY of your finest cakes!
He's not listening to a word I say. Gaius? GAUIS!
...Huh? Hey there, Padre. What's with the shouting?
I was shouting because you were completely ignoring me! That wasn't a prayer-it was a market list! The gods are not scullery maids who deliver treacle tarts on demand!
Oh. Right, yeah...sure. Sorry. Got carried away. I'll start over, then. *Ahem* O most horrifying and fattened gods, thou art most tricksy in thine ways...
D-dear gods, please send not lightning to strike down this heretic... He knows not what he does!
I will deliver unto thee my first-born son, if only you make donuts rain down upon-
GAAAIUS!
...Whoops. Sorry.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wow, so Gaius is basically the best character ever.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cake Attack, you're a pretty alright dude. Thanks for the transcript.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I accidentally let Donnel die in a child paralogue because I was trying to train him up from level 1. I ended up getting multiple perfect level ups so whatever, sorry Donnel!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Gerome, your father one-shotted kings but you, my boy, you one-shotted gods.

I nearly had a heart attack, was getting ready to hit reset when a dialogue prompt came up.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Haha, I just stepped on a sparkly tile with Henry:

"I want to die a horrible, bloody death that's completely painless. ...I don't like ouchies."

You're so insane, Henry.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Final ranks: Avatar, Lon'qu, Henry. I'm a bit surprised by Henry sneaking up into third because I honestly didn't use him all that much, but I guess my quick grinding him through Barbarian and Berserker added up.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Haha, I just stepped on a sparkly tile with Henry:

"I want to die a horrible, bloody death that's completely painless. ...I don't like ouchies."

You're so insane, Henry.

"Hey Robin, do you think my eyeballs will melt if I stare into the sun?"

That came out of nowhere in the barracks and made me laugh. Everything Henry says is gold.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a shame that these supports randomly lead to marriage because Lon'Qu/Nowi is probably one of the funniest supports.

Quick, I need a partner for female avatar before chapter 11 that doesn't give Peg Knight (so no Henry unfortunately).

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

It's a shame that these supports randomly lead to marriage because Lon'Qu/Nowi is probably one of the funniest supports.

Quick, I need a partner for female avatar before chapter 11 that doesn't give Peg Knight (so no Henry unfortunately).

Anyone but Gaius and Donnel. Unless you already know that, and just want someone to choose a pair for you. In that case, looks like Teach just got tenure.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
You know you can just not go to S rank on the supports. There are many that this improves dramatically.

Vaike is also an amazing choice for a female Avatar. Ditto Libra and Virion.

Edit :argh: ^^^

Zore fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 18, 2013

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
It's really struck me how gloriously messed up the kid characters seem to be.

Lets see, off the top of my head I can think of Mr fatalistic, loner, emotionally repressed Gerome, MUMMY ISSUES, insufferable, BPD Severa, Owain, willingly deluded Cynthia (I want to believe that the past is just like my epics and the world would be a great shining place if only there weren't zombies!), Noire, and "mongrel child" uptight Nah

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

:d: :d: :d:
Yeah, life in an apocalyptic timeline made the second generation all crazy as heck.

Pairing them up is even more fun than their parents, cause you don't have to worry about how the kids will turn out! Owain, go out with Cynthia - you both like that heroic stuff. Brady, you should be seeing Noire, since you're both sickly people. Inigo, you flip out at your dad in an embarrassing way and get on all the women's nerves - marry Severa! Beautiful. Gerome, you can't be with anyone, you're too antisocial. Go hang out with Ricken on the bench for people never getting married.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Ern Malley posted:

Yeah, life in an apocalyptic timeline made the second generation all crazy as heck.

Pairing them up is even more fun than their parents, cause you don't have to worry about how the kids will turn out! Owain, go out with Cynthia - you both like that heroic stuff. Brady, you should be seeing Noire, since you're both sickly people. Inigo, you flip out at your dad in an embarrassing way and get on all the women's nerves - marry Severa! Beautiful. Gerome, you can't be with anyone, you're too antisocial. Go hang out with Ricken on the bench for people never getting married.

Christ, no one deserves Severa.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gerome has a partner: Inigo, his pimp-daddy wingman when he gets all the ladies (seriously).

I think I paired Gerome/Cynthia for being childhood friends and Noire/Owain because opposites attract. Inigo might go with Severa this playthrough.

Lon'Qu/Nowi are the worst players of House I've ever seen, by the way.

Stylo
May 17, 2010
Had a friend randomly pick my FeMU's husband and he chose Virion. Now I'm at a loss for who to pair Cordelia with, their S rank made my heart buttglad. Why is she so hard to pair :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Because judging from her supports she's like five seconds away from suicide at any given moment and even if she does get married she spends her life pining over another woman's husband.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait can the kids marry each other? I've been pairing them up with their parents. Avatar's kid is a better version of his wife, and Chrom's kid is another Chrom which is great (especially because her mom is useless level 5 Sumia)

Is there anything you get for maxing out both mom and dad ranks or is it just fun little things? For some of the conversations it kinda shows that the parents were meant to be interchangeable because they say things that aren't really in their own voice.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Christ, no one deserves Severa.

Am I the only one who felt bad for Severa more than anything? Inferiority complex, abandonment issues, apocalyptic future. I think she's got some decent reasons for being kind of neurotic.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

The kids can't have kids besides Morgan, but you can marry 'em all off with each other.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Am I the only one who felt bad for Severa more than anything? Inferiority complex, abandonment issues, apocalyptic future. I think she's got some decent reasons for being kind of neurotic.

All the other kids besides Morgan and Cynthia have their own legit reason to be depressed and sad. Nah is just horrible, classic Harry Potter syndrome.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So the kids aren't finalized until I actually start their chapter right? I can back out to the world map and change my skills around and such? I had like 6 of them open up at once and wanted to see who was who, but I didn't have anyone's skill set properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Marogareh posted:

"Hey Robin, do you think my eyeballs will melt if I stare into the sun?"

That came out of nowhere in the barracks and made me laugh. Everything Henry says is gold.

"Sumia, you're cute as a dead puppy. I'm head over heels for you!"

"I made you this trinket out of dead animal parts. I think it'll look good on you!"

His lover quotes on event tiles are amazing.

Tae posted:

All the other kids besides Morgan and Cynthia have their own legit reason to be depressed and sad. Nah is just horrible, classic Harry Potter syndrome.

Man, GeromexCherche's A support was probably one of my favorites. "I didn't want heroes...I wanted a mother and father!"

Artix posted:

So the kids aren't finalized until I actually start their chapter right? I can back out to the world map and change my skills around and such? I had like 6 of them open up at once and wanted to see who was who, but I didn't have anyone's skill set properly.

Yeah, they're set the moment you enter their map.

• Locked thread