Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Generally it's worth stealing everything from every boss you can and that's the best way to get good stuff.

Doing this is the best way to hate Final Fantasy 9, so don't do this. Bosses have good equipment, but too often have steal chances of 1/255 (or maybe even something more ridiculous than that I forget) and you'll end up sitting there for a literal hour trying to steal a weapon that you'll find 40 minutes later in regular gameplay anyway.

Have your thief attempt to steal from bosses every turn if you can spare him and it'll be a nice bonus if he does snag everything, but don't sperg out over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

Bonaventure posted:

Doing this is the best way to hate Final Fantasy 9, so don't do this. Bosses have good equipment, but too often have steal chances of 1/255 (or maybe even something more ridiculous than that I forget) and you'll end up sitting there for a literal hour trying to steal a weapon that you'll find 40 minutes later in regular gameplay anyway.

Have your thief attempt to steal from bosses every turn if you can spare him and it'll be a nice bonus if he does snag everything, but don't sperg out over it.

Having just finished FF9 this is definitely true, but once you get some abilities that increase the odds of stealing you should be able to get everything from each boss (or at least I was able to, perhaps with a rare exception)

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Kalenden posted:

I'm about to dive in Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 playing Restoration of Erathia first and the expansion packs if I'm still interrested.

Any advice that isn't in the wiki? I've played King's Bounty and did the tutorial but except that this is my first experiece with HoMM.

The biggest difference from King's Bounty is that time is a resource. The cpu's forces get bigger each week, as does every stack of independent units. Focus on taking out the enemy. Spend too much time exploring the map and the game becomes a lot more difficult.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Project1 posted:

Speaking of Mount and Blade: Warband, any tips for taking over the world as factionless? I've done factions, but now I'd like to be Emperor. Can you get lords to join you? It'd be nice to have distractionsstaunch allies.

Regarding Huscarls, how do they do against Khergits? I've always gone with Swadian Knights, as they seem to handle anything, even sieges, but I figured the Nords could handle anything except open terrain battle against the Khergits, so I never took them.

Start in a faction, then break away when king doesn't give you castle you took. Lords with very good relation to you and bad to their king can be persuaded to defect to you in dialog - they also take their current castles with them, but it's not an easy task. Also you'll get lords banished by their king come to your court, talk to them there and they'll join.
Huskarls will win battle with khergits easy, but won't be able to really wipe them out - a lot of them will be able to escape.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Ainsley McTree posted:

But if you're like me and never play above normal difficulty, party choice isn't that important.

Yes, that's actually a good point!
The class synergy doesn't become that important until Hardcore or Insanity. I suppose I'm just so used to playing Insanity in ME2 that I completely forgot that enemies don't have nearly as many defense layers on other difficulties :v:

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012

Fruits of the sea posted:

The biggest difference from King's Bounty is that time is a resource. The cpu's forces get bigger each week, as does every stack of independent units. Focus on taking out the enemy. Spend too much time exploring the map and the game becomes a lot more difficult.

Thanks, that is good advice since (partly due to King's Bounty and partly because I'm a turtler) I would wander around the map and avoid conflict a lot.
Any other advice for HOMM3 is welcome!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Burning Mustache posted:

Mass Effect 2:

With the heavy weapons, don't bother with anything except the default Grenade Launcher, the Collector Particle Beam, the Cain or the Arc Projector (which you may not even have depending on DLC / pre-order / edition situation). Of the vanilla weapons, the Particle Beam is probably the best allrounder, though the Cain is an absolutely massive boss killer, but you won't get to use it more than once per mission due to its ammo consumption. Until you have either, stick with the default Grenade Launcher.

I personally think the best Heavy Weapon (albeit part of the Collector's Edition, or possibly the Limited Edition and above, I'm not quite sure,) is the Blackstorm Projector (and the matching Terminus Armor is pretty good too). It fires a singularity that travels in a straight line, sucking up every hapless motherfucker unlucky enough to be in its path. When it hits a wall, or reaches a certain distance (about the length of the average room in the game), it hangs for a moment then explodes for extra damage. It will outright kill anything unshielded and do decent damage to bigger or armored targets. You get enough ammo for it to always have a round or two ready to fire (I think the maximum it holds is eight), so it's a very fun gun to have on-hand for mowing down large groups of basic mercs.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Got a weird sense of deja vu talking about Heroes III, and it turns out I made a more detailed post earlier in the thread:

quote:

-In the early game, consolidate all your troops into one army and give them to your best hero (preferably someone with a spell book).

-Focus on your economy. Upgrade to a capitol as fast as possible. Do whatever it takes to get a reliable source of ore, wood, and whatver your town's key resource is by the end of the first week. The key resource is usually whatever is needed for your tier 7 unit, so gems for Castle, crystals for Rampart, etc.

-Once your economy is running build all the creature dwellings. Ideally you should have every dwelling built by the end of the third week. You probably won't be able to pay for all your troops at first, but you will have more troops "banked" than your opponent.

-Scout the map. Hire 2 heroes on the very first turn. Their troops can be added to the main army, unless they are an opposing alignment, in which case you will take a hit to morale.

-Conserve movement. Your main army's only goal should be killing stacks as fast as possible. Get a scout to follow the main army and hoover up resources/mines etc.

-Focus on the opponent, not neutral monsters. Your priority should be capturing towns and killing enemy heroes. Once you have a decent economy going, your main army shouldn't stop for anything, apart from particularly nice artifacts. Spend too much time exploring and the game gets a lot harder.

-Some towns have units so good that hampering your economy to get them in the first week is worthwhile. A couple examples: Tower gets Naga Queens (strong as hell and no retaliation), Rampart gets silver pegasi (can cross the map in one turn, cheap), Stronghold gets behemoths (actually pretty lovely, but a unit with 250 health is basically unstoppable at the start of the game). Just about any ranged unit can also be a game changer, especially marksmen and grand elves.

-You purchase spellbooks by clicking on a town's mage guild when a hero is visiting (not garrisoned).

Hero advice: Spellcasters are incredibly powerful. Get Wisdom, Earth Magic and Air Magic to exepert level as soon as possible. Logisitcs and Ballistics are also incredibly useful.

Earth and air magic are important because of the following spells: haste, slow, town portal, dimension door and fly. Any of those last 3 spells make the late game trivial, letting your main army defend all of your towns simultaneously and speed into enemy towns before the opponent can garrison them. Those spell schools also include two of the best offensive spells, chain lightning and implosion.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Burning Mustache posted:

Mass Effect 2:

All of the classes are good and fun, but Soldier is the only one that can use all weapon types. With the caster classes (Adept, Engineer, Sentinel) you're stuck with pistols and SMGs until ~half way through the game, at which point you can choose one additional weapon specialization (shotguns, ARs or sniper rifles). Vanguards get to use shotguns and SMGs IIRC (or heavy pistols, not sure).

The main difference in classes in ME2 compared to ME1, besides some having weapon limitations now, is the 'class skill' each gets, which in many cases defines their playstyle.

Soldiers get Adrenaline Rush, which is basically bullet time.
Snipers get a short cloaking field, oh and they get 'bullet time' for free when scoping a sniper rifle.
Vanguards get a rush power that basically zooms you over to your target so you can punch/shoot him in the face
Engineers get a pet drone that can knock guys out of cover and/or blow up to do damage
Sentinels get 'tech armor' which I never played with too much but it sort of makes you really tough and tank-y in short bursts, also it can be evolved to blow up and do damage whenever it's broken through.
Adepts get the black hole power that none of the other biotics get, that will pick up dudes so you can potshot them as they float around.

e: And the only time party choice REALLY matters is if you're playing on the top two difficulties (especially Insane) - there's a rock/paper/scissors thing with defense types and damages, and in Insane EVERY enemy has at least two health bars (health+armor, or health+barrier, or armor+barrier, etc) and what will take down armor does jack poo poo to barriers, so you have to synergize your party to get around it. Lower difficulties don't generally have this except for big boss type fights.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 18, 2013

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gohuskies posted:

Your advice is good, I would just mention on these two points that resource collection is very boring and no one will judge you for downloading a save game editor and giving yourself basically infinite resources. Same goes for the flawed P/R system - a save game editor can give you enough points of both that all dialogue options can be open to you all game without having to sweat it.

I actually liked resource collection. It's satisfying in a pottering kind of way and the sound effects are neat.Just don't worry about getting them all, do it for ten minutes in between missions every now and then and you'll be fine. And definitely probe all the gas giants in the Sol system, trust me.

As to male/female - in my view Jennifer Hale is vastly better as a voice actor, so that would be my recommendation.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

sebmojo posted:

As to male/female - in my view Jennifer Hale is vastly better as a voice actor, so that would be my recommendation.

Hale just seemed to put more effort into her acting. I think the guy who did the male voice had ME1 as his first project though, or something? He gets better in 2 and 3, but by that point Hale is just dialed in. It doesn't really matter which gender you play (other than romances if you go for that) though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sebmojo posted:

And definitely probe all the gas giants in the Sol system, trust me.

We could spend forever going over easter eggs in ME2 but this one's worth a mention, yes (particularly a certain Ice Giant...)

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Are you asking me to probe Uranus? Because that's terrible.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
Any must-have mods I should download before I start playing Silent Hunter 5? I know it's the weakest of the bunch but I've got a U-boot-itch and Silent Hunter 3 just isn't cutting it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cliff posted:

Are you asking me to probe Uranus? Because that's terrible.

Nah, by the time of ME it's been changed to Urectum.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Project1 posted:

Speaking of Mount and Blade: Warband, any tips for taking over the world as factionless? I've done factions, but now I'd like to be Emperor. Can you get lords to join you? It'd be nice to have distractionsstaunch allies.

Regarding Huscarls, how do they do against Khergits? I've always gone with Swadian Knights, as they seem to handle anything, even sieges, but I figured the Nords could handle anything except open terrain battle against the Khergits, so I never took them.

Easiest way to form your own kingdom is to do the vassal thing for a nation that you like, building up a huge army. Then once you have your army conquer a city or preferably town (towns bring in more money) that is part of your nation's enemy nation. Not join a siege run by your allies or anything, but specifically siege a town and take it on your own. Once it's yours you can ask your king for it. If he gives it to another vassal you get the option to rebel. If you rebel you form your own kingdom with that town/castle as the capitol and your former king throws a fit and declares war on you. This is what that big army you built up is for. Wait out the storm in your castle and eventually your old king will make peace with you. Lords that like you or that are pissed off at their own kings for whatever reason will offer their services to you and you can also make your companions into lords. Also, Right to Rule is a big deal here, because if you have low RtR when you splinter off EVERYONE will declare war on you. So keep sending out your companions to spread word of you, this increases it. I think you need at least 50 to keep other kings cool with you? 70? Can't remember. Also consider installing the Floris mod (this mod is great, seriously) or at the very least the Diplomacy mod. Vanilla Warband is not very fleshed out when it comes running your own kingdom.

Oh and make sure you have a solid stream of income before you do this. Dye-works in different nations work best because you stop receiving the income of dye-works that are in countries you are at war with.

Huscarls are amazing for any and all purposes, especially sieges, both sides. At the very least stick them in your garrison.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Any recommendations for the new DMC game?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Don't try to 100% collect at the start, you can't without getting upgrades from later in the game.

Devil Trigger isn't like it used to be, use it for a "gently caress this fight" moment.

If you have a timed combo, like X, X, pause, X, you can enter the first part with one weapon and finish it with another. Like starting the first two swings of Rebellion, pausing, then hitting a trigger and use the last shot of Arbiter's paused combo without having to deal with the slow speed.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Any tips for Infinity Blade for the iPhone? Or Lollipop Chainsaw?

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Any tips for Fire Emblem: Awakening?

I'm specifically looking for non-spoilery info on when generation 2 starts (Chapter 11? Or 12?) and if you have to have everyone paired off before then. And what about Robin (your avatar)? Can you still get Morgan if you S rank a relationship with a 2nd-gen character?

I also seem to have two extra 1st gen males with no one to pair up with (not including my avatar). Is that supposed to happen?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

• 10: Use the Axe
  • 20: Use Prop to parry
  • 30: Go to 10

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
About to start Might and Magic Heroes VI. Anything worth knowing? I played a lot of HoMM V, and the KB series if that helps.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

lowercase16 posted:

I'm specifically looking for non-spoilery info on when generation 2 starts (Chapter 11? Or 12?) and if you have to have everyone paired off before then. And what about Robin (your avatar)? Can you still get Morgan if you S rank a relationship with a 2nd-gen character?

I also seem to have two extra 1st gen males with no one to pair up with (not including my avatar). Is that supposed to happen?

There is no "Second Gen" like in FE4. Its just one big group of parents and kids. The only person you need to worry about pairing is Chrom, because his is story mandated at Ch. 11. Everyone else you can just do whenever after that. Then, depending on how far you are in the story, you might get the kids recrutment mission. If you do a pair that you know gets you a kid, and no mission pops up, then advance the story a bit.

Also, the missions where you recruit kids are really hard in general, so maybe hold of on them for a while.

You get access MU's kid whenever you pair Mu with someone, even if you pair MU with a kid character.

Its ok to have left over dads. You mostly need to worry about who the moms pair with anyway.

Also, we have a thread for this game, you should check it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3528797

tl;dr: The eugenics isn't that important unless you are on Lunatic. Just pair up whoever you want.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

lowercase16 posted:

Aight, let me take a crack at this.

Gen 2 doesn't work the same in Awakening as it did in FE4. The way it works for everyone but Chrom is that once you finish Chapter 13, any married couple's child can be recruited through a Paralogue. If you haven't paired anyone yet, fret not; the Paralogue will open when you get the S-rank - though do note that you will not be able to reach some of the Paralogue chapters from the World Map until you advance the story past certain points. There will be a couple guys left high and dry, this is normal.

Each of the women you recruit by that point can have a child. In addition, Chrom will always have a child who joins you during Chapter 13. Robin is unique in that he or she will always produce Morgan, even if paired with one of the second-gen characters (who can be paired with each other and Robin but do not produce children of their own) or one of the later first-gen characters (who also do not have children). Morgan will always be the opposite gender of Robin. If Robin is male and marries one of the first-gen women, they will have both the woman's child and Morgan.

Chrom is unique in that his pairing is locked in at the end of Chapter 11, even though the child doesn't join until chapter 13. If Chrom does not yet have an S-rank, whoever he has the highest rank with will shoot up to S immediately. If all of Chrom's potential wives are taken or he has no support points with any of them (even if he didn't get a C rank, for example), he will marry a nameless village girl. Pairing Chrom with Olivia, who you only recruit in Chapter 11, necessitates you avoiding or marrying off his other candidates and having Olivia pair up with or dance for Chrom in Chapter 11 to earn some support points.

As far as inherited skills are concerned, Chrom is again the exception. Everyone else passes down the last skill they have slotted to their child (so you can freely reorder them to pass down whichever one you want). Note that the skills and stats of the child are not locked in until you actually select "Fight!" on the Paralogue - you can even go in and exit back to the world map to reset skills or level up more. Chrom, however, will always pass down Aether to his daughters, and Rightful King to his sons, even if he has not learned the skills.

All of this is nifty and you can really not worry about any of it unless playing on Lunatic or trying for the super-hard DLC which isn't even released yet. Enjoy yourself with the game, it's pretty much impossible to screw up!

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

BrightWing and theshim, thank you. I've been stressing this for days, thinking that I was rapidly approaching some point-of-no-return. Now I know I just have to take care of Chrom and not sweat the rest.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Yeah. And the game makes your options with Chrom pretty obvious. I guess one last thing is that you dont need to get Chrom up to S with someone by Ch. 11, the game just takes your highest support and runs with that.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Any tips for Borderlands 2 single player (I don't have an Internet enabled XBox)? Or Far Cry 3?

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 23, 2013

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Count Chocula posted:

Any tips for Infinity Blade for the iPhone?
-Combos are pretty important so here's the directions of the swipes you need to do the certain ones.

Huge Combo : up down up
Mega Combo: up up down down
Ultra Combo: up down left right up
(you can flip these around as long as they follow the similar patterns.)

- Learn each enemy's patterns. They will usually only use a 2 or 3 different patterns during each phase of a fight. Beware as their patterns will change as you move through bloodlines.

- The enemies with two swords have really fast combos that are difficult to parry, but typically end in some slow swings. Side note: the straight forward path through the castle has none of this enemy type!

- Look around the environment for goodies and chests.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Any advice/things I should be on the lookout for on Sleeping Dogs?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Evil Mastermind posted:

I found out today that if you meet a girl and get her number, you can call her and go out on a date. At the end of the date you receive a bonus for finding collectibles, like having health shrines show up on your minimap. Also if you want a ton of money just do cockfighting and save scum.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anything I should know about The Witcher before I get started?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

After you meet women and get the option to call them, go on a (single) short date 'mission' with them to unlock one type of collectible per girl on your map.

Hold off on buying lots of clothes and cars until you max out your Face level, at 10 you get a 40% cash savings.

The exception to the above being clothes sets that give bonus Triad experience. Triad XP is the only type that is hard to max out - you can max Face and Police before you're halfway through the plot. Triad XP comes only from main story missions (unless you have certain DLCs) and you need to pretty much get max XP each mission to max out by the end of the game.

You dont have to go back to the apartment for each drug bust. You can do a bunch of sites, then go back and finish them all at once. If you have a police XP bonus clothes set you can swap to it to maximize your XP gain (you get Face XP for beating up the group on site, Police XP when you use the camera to bag the dealer).

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

Fight like an rear end in a top hat IE use your abilities liberally

Chug potions in the wild and just stay buffed up all the time

Save up for books that let you harvest from monsters

Consider playing on hard (I think you can change difficulty on the fly anyway). The game has a lot of abilities and options and combat isn't as boring when you're being challenged.

It gets better after Chapter 1.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

WarLocke posted:

You dont have to go back to the apartment for each drug bust. You can do a bunch of sites, then go back and finish them all at once. If you have a police XP bonus clothes set you can swap to it to maximize your XP gain (you get Face XP for beating up the group on site, Police XP when you use the camera to bag the dealer).

Is there a surveillance center outside the North Point apartment?

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

Crimson Harvest posted:

Keep a save near the beginning of chapter 2. You're going to be doing some non-combat questing here and if you're an idiot who assumes the plot's going to just work itself out by plowing through dialogue options (like me on my first pass) you're going to make it a lot harder on yourself than it needs to be. It's good to have a back up save just in case.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Count Chocula posted:

Any tips for Borderlands 2 single player (I don't have an Internet enabled XBox)?

- Being underleveled is rough. If stuff is getting a bit too hot, go do side missions. A level and a couple of gear upgrades can do wonders.

- I would suggest avoiding playing as Zer0, because he has no way of self-healing other than a lifesteal on melee attacks that kinda sucks.

- Related to the above one, self-healing skills are pretty important. Healing shields are basically non-existent and health drops usually aren't enough.

- Axton is pretty good for single player. His turret can take some of the heat off you, in addition to being crazy awesome.

- Don't even think about doing all the challenges. Badass Rank carrys across characters.

- Try to pick a skill tree and stick to it, no matter who you're playing.

- If you have spare cash, the slots at Moxxie's aren't a bad choice. Don't go crazy, but they can get you some decent stuff.

If you have anything specific, ask. I'm sure there is stuff I'm forgetting.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Anything for Crimson Shroud?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BrightWing posted:

- Being underleveled is rough. If stuff is getting a bit too hot, go do side missions. A level and a couple of gear upgrades can do wonders.

- I would suggest avoiding playing as Zer0, because he has no way of self-healing other than a lifesteal on melee attacks that kinda sucks.

- Related to the above one, self-healing skills are pretty important. Healing shields are basically non-existent and health drops usually aren't enough.

- Axton is pretty good for single player. His turret can take some of the heat off you, in addition to being crazy awesome.

- Don't even think about doing all the challenges. Badass Rank carrys across characters.

- Try to pick a skill tree and stick to it, no matter who you're playing.

- If you have spare cash, the slots at Moxxie's aren't a bad choice. Don't go crazy, but they can get you some decent stuff.

If you have anything specific, ask. I'm sure there is stuff I'm forgetting.

When in doubt, be overleveled. The loot drop percents for BL2 are insanely small for top tier weapons, like 1/10000 or lower. Always have a flame, a shock, a slag, and a launcher weapon with you. The flame weapons do much greater damage to organics, the shock takes care of robots and shields, and a launcher with full ammo should be able to kill any regular boss. The slag weapon doesn't matter for damage but the slag %, and once slagged the other 2 elemental weapons will triple their damage.

A lot of weapons will have bullet multipliers that aren't necessary obvious at first. A launcher that uses 1 rocket with 1500 x3 damage is way better then a launcher that uses 1 rocket with 4000 damage, but the green/red arrows don't reflect it.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Crimson Harvest posted:

The wiki has most of the important stuff: http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=The_Witcher_1

If you don't install a combat rebalance mod, upgrading the Igni sign will make the game trivial even on Hard. (Seriously. One boss towards the end of the game was kinda gross-looking so I literally closed my eyes and just spammed Igni.)

Some quest NPCs have odd schedules, probably the worst case being the ring guy in chapter 2 who's only available for one hour after dawn. If you can't find one guy you need, check a FAQ.

Completing chapter 2 will require you to collect ten macguffins. Most of them will be found naturally by doing quests and sidequests, but if you're stuck with 1-2 left, again check a FAQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

BrightWing posted:

Another good reason to do this is to get a reasonably steady supply of special currency you need to buy backpack/ammo capacity upgrades.

This doesn't apply to the original asker, but ideally this is best done in multiplayer since everyone spends their money separately but all players get any currency won.