Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't see Parley liking her new nickname.

Welp. Out with the Fire Head, in with the Eyebrows and Nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 194 days!
edit: This thread moves fast.

edit 2: anyhow, Coyote clearly chose to react to all this by being awesome. I also loved the actual message passed on to the Headmaster tucked into all of it (the "I don't know what you're up to" bit).

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 18, 2013

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

MikeJF posted:

I can't see Parley liking her new nickname.

Welp. Out with the Fire Head, in with the Eyebrows and Nose.

It's still better than calling her George!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kikas posted:

I am totally calling the fact that Parley is pregnant. Why else would both Reynard and Coyote sniff their tummies and laugh?

What the gently caress fella.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Okay someone made a stupid pregnancy remark. Can we not kick off about it please?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe this is the new ChibiSoma :allears:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 194 days!
Mighty Eyebrows Boy is the best name. Smitty was just given that name. By a God. Um, and also Parley.

I guess Smitt's luck doesn't extend to his girlfriend.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I can't unsee the huge nose now.

Thanks, Coyote.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thoyote.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Poor Annie, Coyote is kinda fickle.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man I feel bad for Annie and really want to know what the heck, but Coyote is just so entertaining. Plus I like Coyote just straight up insulting the headmaster to his face.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Welp, I never thought of Parley's nose as big until now.

Rey better stay. Surely he will... won't he? :ohdear:

I have a feeling Coyote's going to go back to asking if he really wants to stay.

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012
I'm glad Coyote is here to bring some levity to the situation.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Coyote is delighted; he has TWO new people to play with, ones that aren't used to his tricks! Annie was becoming boring, refusing to play along and just rolling her eyes at most of his behavior. Parley and Smitty have never had any contact with him outside of audiences like this, which means people who haven't heard his stories! He is stoked!

Meanwhile, Smitty just realized how deep the pool he's just been thrown into is. Parley is nonplussed about Coyote's behavior, but Smitty is just starting to get an inkling of how big of a task has been thrown into his lap.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, countdown until Annie flips the hell out now that Coyote pretty much dropped her?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

"Something tells me you are a lucky one, mighty eyebrows boy!"

Welp, he already knows what Smitty's power is then.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Perestroika posted:

So, countdown until Annie flips the hell out now that Coyote pretty much dropped her?

I think we're going to see Ysengrin's reaction first.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rasamune posted:

I think we're going to see Ysengrin's reaction first.

As far as Ysengrin knows, he's still fond of her, potentially.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Geomancing posted:

Coyote is delighted; he has TWO new people to play with, ones that aren't used to his tricks! Annie was becoming boring, refusing to play along and just rolling her eyes at most of his behavior. Parley and Smitty have never had any contact with him outside of audiences like this, which means people who haven't heard his stories! He is stoked!

On the one hand, Annie doesn't overreact to Coyote as entertainingly as these guys could. On the other hand, that just makes it more of a creative challenge!

Also I love that the headmaster has just been abruptly insulted to his face by two different mythological canids inside ten seconds.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Coyote is going to embarrass those two about their clandestine make-outs until the stars themselves die.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

MikeJF posted:

As far as Ysengrin knows, he's still fond of her, potentially.

And so is Ysengrin, if he remembers her! If he does, he may demand that she be given special visitation rights — and then this meeting can really get awkward.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Despite his earlier creepiness, Coyote is still the best.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man I do not envy Smitty right now.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
Maaan, why does Coyote even require a medium? Look at how good he is at communicating with people and putting them at their ease!

Mighty Eyebrows Boy is my new favourite Coyoteism.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
Made an avatar from panel 2, if anyone wants it:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, Smitty is the main character from Dungeons of Dredmor now?

...man, now I'm fearing for his life even more. :ohdear:

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Dias posted:

So, Smitty is the main character from Dungeons of Dredmor now?

...man, now I'm fearing for his life even more. :ohdear:

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the ability to commit Heroic acts of Vandalism.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Casull posted:

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the ability to commit Heroic acts of Vandalism.

If Smitty ever broke something, it would fall on the ground with all the pieces in the right place.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

If Smitty ever broke something, it would fall on the ground with all the pieces in the right place.

He must be awful to play poker against.

"Oh look! Another straight flush!"

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

mjau posted:

Coyote slobbering Coyote-ichor all over the headmaster: half :3: and half :gonk:.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Double spankies incoming

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
So, panel six ParlSmits: The blushest face?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Zenzirouj posted:

Double spankies incoming

Those poor kids are embarrassed enough as it is :mad:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

mjau posted:

I just love the headmasters expression in this panel. As for Coyote, he's going to be very happy now that he's got two new people to play with, as they will undoutably freak out even more at his antics, where Anne just took things somewhat in stride.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'll have a laugh if the comic abandons Annie and makes Smitty the new main character.

er... I mean Mighty Eyebrows Boy.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I would so loving read a spinoff comic called The Adventures of Mighty Eyebrows Boy. The whole thing would be him walking into the forest and either freaking out at all the crazy poo poo Coyote would do, or his powers would negate it all and he'd just be like "Well this place isn't so bad! Doot doot doooo" while Coyote cries on Ysengrin about how all his crazy poo poo just kind of turned into pretty flowers and happy bunnies and poo poo.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I feel like smitty basically can completely nullify coyote's powers

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Smitty...those...those eyebrows

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TheHeadSage posted:

I just love the headmasters expression in this panel. As for Coyote, he's going to be very happy now that he's got two new people to play with, as they will undoutably freak out even more at his antics, where Anne just took things somewhat in stride.

I dunno, I think what he loved most about Annie was that she didn't take his bullshit lying down and wasn't afraid of him, whereas I suspect Smitty will be more respectful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
My friends and I talk about the comic, and we came up with what Smitty would do on his first mission to meet with Coyote: Bring cue cards full of Jay Leno-calibur jokes and give a really stilted stand-up routine.