Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Well duh, sex scene brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Fanky Malloons posted:

Way to blame others for your own failure. I demand that you and Martello engage in a :siren: thunderbrawl :siren:

Since you're probably a bitch who will cry about it if I don't, I hereby request that an impartial bystander volunteer to be the judge. Anyone have any prompts they've been dying to inflict on the 'dome?

Well...I mean, since you didn't produce, you have no ground to stand on, right? So it sounds like you can't make that request.

But I did produce. Assuming experience isn't a factor (it might be a benefit in this case since I'm unaware of any history between these two), and also assuming my submission didn't completely suck rear end, I'd be game to make the same request and also volunteer as the impartial judge. Just somebody else let me know if this is cool, and I'll start thinking of a prompt.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Fanky Malloons posted:

Way to blame others for your own failure. I demand that you and Martello engage in a :siren: thunderbrawl :siren:

Since you're probably a bitch who will cry about it if I don't, I hereby request that an impartial bystander volunteer to be the judge. Anyone have any prompts they've been dying to inflict on the 'dome?

I accept and am working on something as we speak. BLOOD MUST FLOW. :black101:

To be fair, Martello started it when he posted that stupid flash rule about me posting a submission that included sex, even when the prompt explicitly stated otherwise. Of course I escalated and am manning up appropriately, don't get me wrong, and now this foot in my mouth is just so delicious it tastes like honey did you know that and ok I'll stop talking now.

Sitting Here posted:

Well duh, sex scene brawl.

No, thanks. As much I want to put Martello in his place, I don't wanna get banned because of some jackass who'll go

Some Jackass posted:

Oh my god, they're posting :nws: in the Thunderdome! SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

So, seeing as I kinda am involved, may I humbly request that the prompt not include sex?

DivisionPost posted:

Well...I mean, since you didn't produce, you have no ground to stand on, right? So it sounds like you can't make that request.

But I did produce. Assuming experience isn't a factor (it might be a benefit in this case since I'm unaware of any history between these two), and also assuming my submission didn't completely suck rear end, I'd be game to make the same request and also volunteer as the impartial judge. Just somebody else let me know if this is cool, and I'll start thinking of a prompt.

Go for it. GIVE ME BLOOD TO SPILL.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

HereticMIND posted:

So, yeah, you're somewhat-in-part responsible for my lack of submission this week. Nice going!

Should we be thanking him for saving us from a horrible entry or thanking you for throwing everything away?

If everyone qualified has an aneurysm I'd be down for judging.

edit: I think anything other than a sex scene brawl will be cheating the Thunderdome out of what it deserves

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?

DivisionPost posted:

Don't question me, you turd :argh:

DivisionPost posted:

This is cool though, but you should totally use Sitting Here's prompt :colbert:

EDIT:

HereticMIND posted:

seeing as I kinda am involved, may I humbly request that the prompt not include sex?

No, that's not how Thunderbrawls work. May I humbly request that you shut the gently caress up?

Fanky Malloons fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 19, 2013

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

HereticMIND posted:

No, thanks. As much I want to put Martello in his place, I don't wanna get banned because of some jackass who'll go

So, seeing as I kinda am involved, may I humbly request that the prompt not include sex?

In his place, huh?

Fine. I'll rephrase. You guys should write a story with vivid erotic elements that is not creepy and bannable. Caveat: Every character in the piece is trans/posthuman.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Sitting Here posted:

Fine. I'll rephrase. You guys should write a story with vivid erotic elements that is not creepy and bannable. Caveat: Every character in the piece is trans/posthuman.

Fair enough. Seems well for me. I can do subtle erotica, but vivid? Oh, I'm not sure if I can but I don't give a gently caress because this is the THUNDERDOME, bitches!

You want vivid erotic elements? YOU GOT IT, HOSS!

And seeing as I don't know what trans/posthuman means and I don't think I can write in that style, this should be interesting.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Fanky Malloons posted:

Don't question me, you turd :argh:

Ohhhhh gently caress I just saw that you're one of Those Deemed Worthy. Please accept my deepest apologies.

Fanky Malloons posted:

This is cool though, but you should totally use Sitting Here's prompt :colbert:

I don't know. I mean, I hate to question you again but look at it this way: if I do that, then if Heretic doesn't produce he can just use the same "I'M SO UNCOMFORTABLE" excuse when he doesn't show up. It'd be more humiliating if I give him and Martello a different prompt and he still doesn't come through.

If you don't agree, then I completely respect your right to overrule me and change the prompt as needed. But if you're cool...then here's my prompt:

:siren: THUNDERBRAWL :siren:
HereticMIND vs. Martello

The Prompt

You two are to write your own stories about the first meeting between two young lovers, taking place on Planet Earth between the years of 1983 and 1998. Your characters must be no younger than 12, no older than 15. Obviously, it goes without saying that you will not write a sex scene.

Echo Cian's rules for her prompt still apply. You will SHOW US the seeds of a loving, beautiful relationship. You may not TELL US. You may not use phrases like "I think I'm in love" or "I'm falling for you" or any of that poo poo. You will demonstrate through narrative and carefully crafted dialogue. You will do it within 1250 words (I'm giving you an extra fifty), and assuming the terms are agreed upon, you will hand it in within 48 hours, starting from the time of this post.

Is it agreed? Or did Sitting Here just beat me to it?

EDIT: If this prompt is accepted, I will invite Sitting Here and Fanky Malloons to co-judge with me, out of respect for their veteran standing here.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 19, 2013

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.
Why is a dude/gal who couldn't even be bothered to produce because sex scenes make him/her squeamish being humoured?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

DivisionPost posted:

Ohhhhh gently caress I just saw that you're one of Those Deemed Worthy. Please accept my deepest apologies.

What are 'apologies'?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

I don't know. I mean, I hate to question you again but look at it this way: if I do that, then if Heretic doesn't produce he can just use the same "I'M SO UNCOMFORTABLE" excuse when he doesn't show up. It'd be more humiliating if I give him and Martello a different prompt and he still doesn't come through.

If you don't agree, then I completely respect your right to overrule me and change the prompt as needed. But if you're cool...then here's my prompt:

:siren: THUNDERBRAWL :siren:
HereticMIND vs. Martello

The Prompt

You two are to write your own stories about the first meeting between two young lovers, taking place on Planet Earth between the years of 1983 and 1998. Your characters must be no younger than 12, no older than 15. Obviously, it goes without saying that you will not write a sex scene.

Echo Cian's rules for her prompt still apply. You will SHOW US the seeds of a loving, beautiful relationship. You may not TELL US. You may not use phrases like "I think I'm in love" or "I'm falling for you" or any of that poo poo. You will demonstrate through narrative and carefully crafted dialogue. You will do it within 1250 words (I'm giving you an extra fifty), and assuming the terms are agreed upon, you will hand it in within 48 hours, starting from the time of this post.

Is it agreed? Or did Sitting Here just beat me to it?

I ACCEPT AND CAST THE DIE OF FATE.

Quasi-Medieval political powerplays can wait, my friends. For now it is BRAWL TIME.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Steriletom posted:

Why is a dude/gal who couldn't even be bothered to produce because sex scenes make him/her squeamish being humoured?

Because I can humor him.

Sorry, Division Post, you posted a little too late and plus, kiddie love is weird.

We're going with making GBS threads Rear's prompt.

Sitting Here posted:

In his place, huh?

This one. :awesome:

Division Post - I'll be calling you DP for short from now on - and Spitting Beer can team up on the judging I guess.

Word count?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

HereticMIND posted:

I ACCEPT AND CAST THE DIE OF FATE.

You can accept all you like, I'm waiting for an OK from Fanky Malloons and, I suppose, Sitting Here. You may have to bite the bullet and write the sex scene, bud.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.

Martello posted:

Because I can humor him.

Fair enough.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

DivisionPost posted:

You may have to bite the bullet and write the sex scene, bud.

Yup. Heretic mind, stop posting bullshit and start writing your posthuman sex scene.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW
My God, it's full of white noise. They should have sent a poet.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Martello posted:

Yup. Heretic mind, stop posting bullshit and start writing your posthuman sex scene.

This, but I'm backing out of judging. Y'all can get your post-human freak on without me.

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?

DivisionPost posted:

This, but I'm backing out of judging. Y'all can get your post-human freak on without me.

drat your hide! Did Nubile Hillock also volunteer to judge? S/He can always team up with Sitting Here if she wants a co-judge.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

BLOOD MUST FLOW. :black101:

I wanted to do and am currently writing up Division's prompt, but post/transhumanism sounds more fun because I don't know how the hell to write in that style, so the trainwreck shall be beautiful.

I will feast on your corpse, Martello. Your delicious, cherry-flavored CORPSE.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Nubile Hillock, message me if you wanna judge.

The singularity better be juicy.

edit: Heretic, transhumanism in fiction is often part of the cyberpunk genre. Think people who are technologically enhanced way beyond our current capacity, brains downloaded into cyberspace, biotech, stuff like that.

:siren:Guess I should make this official:siren:

Fodder: Martello v. HereticMIND

Due by: Noon tomorrow (2/19/13) edit: guess I should specify noon PST

What was the prompt again?: Vivid erotic elements in a transhumanist world.

Judge(s): Me, Nubile

Go.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 19, 2013

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

The transhumanist Hellfuture marred by an unthinking cyberbeing composed entirely of secondhand kayfabe.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

HereticMIND posted:

BLOOD MUST FLOW. :black101:

I wanted to do and am currently writing up Division's prompt, but post/transhumanism sounds more fun because

Shut the gently caress up and get this over with so I and everyone else can get some feedback on the poo poo they busted their rear end on.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Shut the gently caress up and get this over with so I and everyone else can get some feedback on the poo poo they busted their rear end on.

We're not delaying because of this, I'm just waiting for my cojudge to make the final verdict. Crits will follow not too long after that.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Fanky Malloons posted:

drat your hide! Did Nubile Hillock also volunteer to judge? He can always team up with Sitting Here if he wants a co-judge.

I did, and I'd be honored.

edit: I need some sort of upgrade to message, don't I? I'm at mturcz at gee-mail, in the meantime
edit2: mashed some keys, have a plat

autism ZX spectrum fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 19, 2013

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sitting Here posted:

We're not delaying because of this, I'm just waiting for my cojudge to make the final verdict. Crits will follow not too long after that.

That's good, and I'm sorry if I'm out of line. But I motion that he still shut the gently caress up and get this over with.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Synchronicity (WORD COUNT: 654)

The circuits whirred gently across her skin, and her fingers looped into the nest of wires atop his (not its, she almost reminded herself) head.

Shelly didn't know how she got here, nor did she think that she even wanted to know. All that she knew was that this was as close to heaven as she was going to ever be, that she wasn't some engineer that had bills to pay, was working at some dead-end job that stiffed her paycheck for the umpteenth time...

Now, all that mattered was that she was a woman, and by God did she ever feel like one!

She was there, right on the cusp of blissful oblivion, only a few more strokes and he'd send them both off the edge and into the enveloping embrace of nirvana—!

~~

She named him Ashlan. His official designation was Home Sanitation/Psychology Unit 453-776H-ZZ9. A mouthful of numbers, letters and words that didn't really roll off the tongue elegantly enough for her liking.

Hence, the name of Ashlan.

She could remember the first time she referred to him by that moniker. He almost stumbled on his own servos, the poor dear! It was almost adorable the way he righted himself just before he knocked over a vase full of Martian Bluebells.

She could remember the following conversation not two months later, either.

“Query: Permission to speak requested.”

“Yes, Ashlan?”

“Observation: This Unit's designation is 453-776H-ZZ9. Mistress deviates from protocol, referring to said Unit as 'Ashlan.' Query: Why is Mistress doing such?”

“Well, Ashlan is your name.”

“Negative Reply: This Unit does not find Mistress' answer sufficient. Rebuttal: This Unit and all other Units have never been 'named' by Masters before. Query: Is this Unit the first to be 'named?'”

“Well...I suppose. I figured since you didn't have a name, I might as well give you one because...well, you exist. Yeah, you're a buncha' wires and servos and gizmos all put together, but you have a personality. You have dreams, Ashlan. You have character.”

“Confused Rebuttal: But this Unit is not human, Mistress.”

“Doesn't matter. You may be different than me physically, but deep down you're like me. Someone who wants, someone who needs, someone who laughs, cries, sighs, loves, and lives, just like me.

“Anything else?”

~~

“O—Observ—Observation: M-Muh-Mistresssssssssssss, thi-the-this Unit issssssssszzzzzz nearing—[ERROR: CANNOT COMPLETE SUBROUTINE X-24-16-YYH—W-W-W-WARNING! SYSTEM-SYSTEM-SYSTEM OVERLOAD IMMINENT]”

“Ashlan! Ohhhhhhhhh, Ashlannnnnnnnnn! I'm right there, baby! Right loving there—!”

They suddenly reached the peak of passion, the very thing they had sought from the start of their oddball relationship.

Then, they fell off the edge together and spiraled down into oblivion's grasp, achieving—oh, what was the word?

Harmony. Unity. Bliss. Rapture.

Synchronicity. Yes, that was the term she was searching for.

As they came down from their heights of passion, Shelly could only sigh in content. She just had the best sex she ever had, hands down. It was everything she ever dreamed of, and then some.

Ashlan, with all his lovable pluck and flair, broke the silence after what seemed like hours.

“Preliminary Observation: Mistress' endorphin levels are 200% above previously recorded levels and falling. Conclusion: This Unit has met/exceeded Mistress' expectations. Query: Is this correct?”

“Yeah...you were amazing, Ashlan. I never knew...I never even thought that...”

“Self-Deprecating Observation: Mistress was the better performer.”

“Aw, shucks, Ash.” Seriously, she didn't know how her blush could even get any redder. Maybe Ash had a way with words that no other Unit ever could have.

“Query: Mistress...can we do this again?”

“Wow. Yeah, sure. Not right now, though. I'm still coming down from the incredible high you gave me...God, that was some drat good sex, Ashlan. You're incredible.”

“Proud Statement: This Unit aims to please its Mistress.”

And did he ever make good on that boast. But that's a story for another time...

~~~~~~~~

Google Docs link (formatted): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0HPG2sXU4vrdFIqiPLauEK3ld936sjhG59XMCK7xlY/edit?usp=sharing

DDL: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6G29RwFpAuMNmZDQW9mUThSWG8/edit?usp=sharing

You wanted quasi-cyberpunk erotica, you got quasi-cyberpunk erotica. Your play, Martello.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW
Great renaming of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic's HK-51 (or whatever loving nerd-bot is in you losers' nerd games) and turning it into an erotic game fanfic, bro.

Statement: :frogout:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mermaid Shelly and a robot Narnia lion gently caress = quasi cyberpunk erotica.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

:siren: Thunderdome Week XXVIII: Show Me the Love! :siren:

RESULTS

Most of the stories this week were solid - but those that failed, failed hard. For a prompt about showing an existing romance there was an awful lot of murder, suicide, and senility, and several of you missed the point entirely.

THE WINNER: Newcomer Kaishai, for the best display of the prompt with some touching moments in the prose to boot.

Honorable Mentions: Jeza, whose story was a bit overwritten but quite lovely; and BlackFrost, who took the apparent coffee motif of the week and made something out of it.

THE LOSER: Other newcomer Horrible Butts, whose piece, though amusing, relied on explicitly telling the reader that the "characters" in question were in love, when the prompt just as explicitly said not to do that.

Dishonorable Mentions: Noah, who showed us more toilet humor than love; and toanoradian, whose story was barely sensible but at least didn't ignore the prompt.

Kaishai, Martello and I will be joining you on the judging panel this week. We await your prompt.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Jesus you must be a boring person to have a relationship with. I challenge you to a brawl.

Aracelle
Dec 27, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

You wanted quasi-cyberpunk erotica, you got quasi-cyberpunk erotica. Your play, Martello.

Barf Tards 2013

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Echo Cian posted:

Kaishai, Martello and I will be joining you on the judging panel this week. We await your prompt.

Kaishai, get on IRC (synirc #thunderdome) or post an email I can contact you on. I have a requirement for your prompt.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kaishai should be instantly disqualified for this:

Kaishai posted:

Mozart's Fur Elise

:colbert:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

HereticMIND posted:

Alright let's start with this. I'm gonna spoil the story for the rest of you fucks, but not like it even matters. Nowhere in this goddamn mess of letters does anything approaching synchronicity occur. Educate yourself: http://www.synchrosecrets.com/4.html

Alright, let's start with the crit proper

The circuits whirred gently across her skinHow do circuits whirr?, and her fingers looped into the nest of wires atop his (not its, she almost reminded herself) head. poor construction, incredibly poor opening sentence

ShellyReally? didn't know how she got here, nor did she think that she even wanted to know. Redundant All that she knew was that this was as close to heaven as she was going to ever be, that she wasn't some engineer that had bills to pay, was working at some dead-end job that stiffed her paycheck for the umpteenth time...So what is she exactly? Dead end engineer? Something else entirely? We may never know

Now, all that mattered was that she was a woman, and by God did she ever feel like one! Thanks for letting us know, I guess

She was there, right on the cusp of blissful oblivion, only a few more strokes and he'd send them both off the edge and into the enveloping embrace of nirvana—! It took me three reads to realize that they are loving in this scene

~~ The gently caress is this?

She named him Ashlan. His official designation was Home Sanitation/Psychology Unit 453-776H-ZZ9. A mouthful of numbers, letters and words that didn't really roll off the tongue elegantly enough for her liking. Thanks for clearing that up, I guess.

Hence, the name of Ashlan. Why yes, of course. Makes sense, do continue!

She could remember the first time she referred to him by that moniker - I didn't realize it was the 1880s. He almost stumbled on his own servos, the poor dear! Again, cyber != steam It was almost adorable the way he righted himself just before he knocked over a vase full of Martian Bluebells. I love my action in the past tense, and I love exotic flowers. Great work!

She could remember the following conversation not two months later, either. So when is this going on, exactly?

“Query: Permission to speak requested.”

“Yes, Ashlan?”

“Observation: This Unit's designation is 453-776H-ZZ9. Mistress deviates from protocol, referring to said Unit as 'Ashlan.' Query: Why is Mistress doing such?” Okay, so he's a robot and talks in a robo-voice. Why would he use "referring to said Unit"

“Well, Ashlan is your name.”

“Negative Reply: This Unit does not find Mistress' answer sufficient. Rebuttal: This Unit and all other Units have never been 'named' by Masters before. Query: Is this Unit the first to be 'named?'” This is actually a little better.

“Well...I suppose. I figured since you didn't have a name, I might as well give you one because...well, you exist. Yeah, you're a buncha' wires and servos and gizmos all put together, but you have a personality. You have dreams, Ashlan. You have character.” I'm glad you told us he has dreams and a personality, because I sure wouldn't have known otherwise. A+

“Confused Rebuttal: But this Unit is not human, Mistress.”Confused Rebuttal

“Doesn't matter. You may be different than me physically, but deep down you're like me. Someone who wants, someone who needs, someone who laughs, cries, sighs, loves, and lives, just like me. Again, I'm so very glad you let us know. We'd have no way of imagining these characters as, well, characters, if you didn't let us know they are just like us. I feel so much empathy now and scene just go so much more erotic

“Anything else?”

~~

“O—Observ—Observation: M-Muh-Mistresssssssssssss, thi-the-this Unit issssssssszzzzzz nearing—[ERROR: CANNOT COMPLETE SUBROUTINE X-24-16-YYH—W-W-W-WARNING! SYSTEM-SYSTEM-SYSTEM OVERLOAD IMMINENT]” Egregious use of punctuation. Square bracket privileges REVOKED

“Ashlan! Ohhhhhhhhh, Ashlannnnnnnnnn! I'm right there, baby! Right loving there—!” Seriously, the first time I read this "story" I thought Assman was toppling over into Martian Blueballs again and she was saving him. Only now do I realize that's not the case.

They suddenly reached the peak of passion, the very thing they had sought from the start of their oddball relationship. Write what you know, I guess. A bunch of half-hearted flopping around before a single, quick and utterly unsatisfying climax

Then, they fell off the edge together and spiraled down into oblivion's grasp, achieving—oh, what was the word? I thought he came already? Are they falling of the bed?

Harmony. Unity. Bliss. Rapture.Kettles. Syringes. Candles. Knives. Peace. Bread. Intuition.

Synchronicity. Yes, that was the term she was searching for. I'm pretty sure it wasn't

As they came down from their heights of passion, Shelly could only sigh in content. She just had the best sex she ever had, hands down. It was everything she ever dreamed of, and then some. Shelly must have had some bad partners at whatever dead-end Cyberdennies she works at.

Ashlan, with all his lovable pluck and flair, broke the silence after what seemed like hours. Yes, this robot has flair. And pluck. That's exactly how I'd describe him.

“Preliminary Observation: Mistress' endorphin levels are 200% above previously recorded levels and falling. Conclusion: This Unit has met/exceeded Mistress' expectations. Query: Is this correct?”

“Yeah...you were amazing, Ashlan. I never knew...I never even thought that...”

“Self-Deprecating Observation: Mistress was the better performer.”

“Aw, shucks, Ash.” Seriously, she didn't know how her blush could even get any redder. Maybe Ash had a way with words that no other Unit ever could have.

“Query: Mistress...can we do this again?”

“Wow. Yeah, sure. Not right now, though. I'm still coming down from the incredible high you gave me...God, that was some drat good sex, Ashlan. You're incredible.”

“Proud Statement: This Unit aims to please its Mistress.” Up until this line your writing was the same mediocre-verging-on-terrible that I've come to expect. Way to send it into the abyss.

And did he ever make good on that boast. But that's a story for another time... No, I think we're done here.

I don't even have to post the verdict, do I?

edit: Entrant should be disqualified for missing prompt. This is clearly roborotica and not trans/post human erotica.

autism ZX spectrum fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 19, 2013

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
Oh, wow. Man. Never thought I'd win, or that my Thunderdome crown could be made out of love instead of the shattered and melted bones of the damned. Thank you!

I'm reachable at (REDACTED).

Chairchucker posted:

Kaishai should be instantly disqualified for this:

:colbert:

I confess there should've been an umlaut.

Edit much later: Oh, for... I've always thought that was a Mozart piece, but no. Beethoven's Fur Elise. (Except with an umlaut.) Thanks, Chairchucker; you taught me something.

Kaishai fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 3, 2013

Horrible Butts
May 7, 2012
Well poo poo, I went and fell on my own slightly pointed stick. Guess I better unspill these guts and cry vengeance.
THUNDERDOOOOOME!!!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kaishai posted:

I confess there should've been an umlaut.

You're a classical music fan I can tell.

Erik Shawn-Bohner
Mar 21, 2010

by XyloJW
I edited the story down into something readable.

HereticMIND posted:

:sonia: :gizz: :mitt:

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
Thunderdome Week XXIX: Written in the Stars

Judges: Kaishai, Echo Cian, and Martello

I love the Zodiac, don't you? All that predestination, all that symbology, all that fulfillment of a vital role in the tabloids, and all of it based on patterns in the stars that ancient astrologers must have been drunk as hell to see. Your prompt this week is Written in the Stars. Write a story of up to 1,200 words based on the Tropical Zodiac sign to which your regdate belongs--mine would be Scorpio, for example.

Your story must relate to your sign in some way, whether that means its symbology, its mythological ties, or some random OkCupid quiz's description of its attributes. You may want to go with Astrology.com instead of OkCupid, though, since I'm not going to hunt down anything too obscure.

And! Your story must also include some technology, field of study, or other form of specialized knowledge that you currently know nothing about, and that knowledge must play a significant role. No drat tossing in a reference to your protagonist's career in astrophysics and thinking you're done. You need to do some research, and you need to do it in the Ask/Tell subforum. Either post in an established thread or start your own.

The signs and their dates as per Wikipedia:

Aries: March 21 - April 20
Taurus: April 21 - May 21
Gemini: May 22 - June 21
Cancer: June 22 - July 22
Leo: July 23 - August 22
Virgo: August 23 - September 23
Libra: September 24 - October 23
Scorpio: October 24 - November 22
Sagittarius: November 23 - December 21
Capricorn: December 22 - January 20
Aquarius: January 21 - February 19
Pisces: February 20 - March 20

Sign-up deadline: Friday, February 22, 11:59pm USA Eastern.
Submission deadline: Sunday, February 24, 11:59pm USA Eastern.

I look forward to reading your stories about fish-tailed goats who wear Lolita fashion! But note that Homestuck fanfiction is punishable by your viscera being ripped out through your eye sockets somehow.

Entrants:
sebmojo (Libra): The last night
V for Vegas (Virgo): The Sons of Saranya
STONE OF MADNESS (Capricorn): Starcrossed
Benagain (Libra)
toanoradian (Gemini)
budgieinspector (Aries): Ram On (Submitted past the deadline)
Purple Prince (Leo)
CancerCakes (Capricorn): Large Delta, Capricorn
Symptomless Coma (Aries)
Jeza (Aquarius): The Water-Bearers
Erogenous Beef (Sagittarius): Under Pressure
swaziloo (Virgo)
Honey Badger (Capricorn)
systran (Virgo): Middleman
twinkle cave (Sagittarius): DOOM BOX
Beezle Bug (Gemini): Diamond Point

Kaishai fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
btw you have to SHOW YOUR WORK with the A/T posts. :science:

Put a link above your story when you post it.

• Locked thread