Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

beggar posted:

Look at Jake's smile. Dude looks legitimately happy. I hope Scott's gets there.

I'm guessing Scott is still drunk, between his eyes and being in the wheelchair (when I went in for treatment, they tossed me in a wheelchair during intake because I was so dehydrated that raising my arms above my head for a chest X-ray winded me to the point of nearly passing out; it looks like Scott may have had a rough time getting off the plane). But I'm glad to see that he's with DDP and Jake. Fingers crossed. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

beggar posted:

Is that a juggalo axeguy on his tshirt?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lone Goat posted:

Is that a juggalo axeguy on his tshirt?

For a solid stretch of time Juggalo Championshit Wrestling was his steadiest gig.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timby posted:

I'm guessing Scott is still drunk, between his eyes and being in the wheelchair (when I went in for treatment, they tossed me in a wheelchair during intake because I was so dehydrated that raising my arms above my head for a chest X-ray winded me to the point of nearly passing out; it looks like Scott may have had a rough time getting off the plane). But I'm glad to see that he's with DDP and Jake. Fingers crossed. :unsmith:

I think he just got out of detoux and due to his addiction having trouble walking.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Man that's really depressing :smith: definitely hope DDP and Jake and everyone else can help get his head straight

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
This is as good a time as any to repost the Scott Hall E:60 story (moving pictures count, right?), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4IbTRRtSc

Skip the first 30 seconds or so, it's intolerable. But after that is just gutpunch after gutpunch, and really, it's a bloody miracle Hall's even alive, much less the shape he's in now. Even if DDP extends his life another 6 months, he's doing God's work.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Keep in mind also that DDP and Jake might be picking him up from the hospital/treatment center where he underwent detox. The one time I was discharged from a hospital they insisted on wheeling me out even though I was certainly healthy enough to walk.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Even if DDP extends his life another 6 months, he's doing God's work.

After watching Beyond the Mat and the Heroes of Wrestling disaster and seeing where Jake was even back then in 1999 ... that Jake has hit at least 60 days of sobriety means that DDP is already worthy of canonization. If he can get Scott straightened out, gently caress it, DDP has become a just and loving God.

Thauros posted:

Keep in mind also that DDP and Jake might be picking him up from the hospital/treatment center where he underwent detox. The one time I was discharged from a hospital they insisted on wheeling me out even though I was certainly healthy enough to walk.

That's definitely an airport; the sign behind them reads "Terminal North" and those are baggage pallets behind them.

Timby fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 19, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timby posted:

After watching Beyond the Mat and the Heroes of Wrestling disaster and seeing where Jake was even back then in 1999 ... that Jake has hit at least 60 days of sobriety means that DDP is already worthy of canonization. If he can get Scott straightened out, gently caress it, DDP has become a just and loving God.

What if he also takes in Chyna and Sunny?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

What part about picture thread don't you guys understand???

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

What part about picture thread don't you guys understand???

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
For posterity sake, although how there isn't immediately an image gallery of super high res shots of this Pretty Big News on the website, Yo No Se

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

WeX Majors posted:

For posterity sake, although how there isn't immediately an image gallery of super high res shots of this Pretty Big News on the website, Yo No Se

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Terry Funk does not care for you beating Steamboat

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Thank You, Ye Ole' Assistant To Managing Supervisor

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/wwechampionshipadultsizereplicabelt2013.aspx

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Don't really care for it. All the gaudiness of the spinner without the flair. Looks like something an Elvis Impersonator would wear while he's on the Vegas Strip. Or something Andrew Lazarchik would make as an example to show the company.

Speaking of which:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

that's how I imagine Banjo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

beggar posted:

For a solid stretch of time Juggalo Championshit Wrestling was his steadiest gig.

Say what you will about ICP's music, (shitful) fans (shitfuller) and politics (shitfullest), they are apparently the least carny wrestling promotion in the USA. Dudes paid on time, bonuses for high gate takings, treat the talent well etc.

Picture time! In honour of the new WWE strap, post the belt-iest pictures you've got!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
It's no Winged Eagle, but I like the new WWE Title.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I've always been a huge sucker for the Dream Gate belt and CIMA got himself a crapload of keys/defenses going this reign.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Memento1979 posted:

Say what you will about ICP's music, (shitful) fans (shitfuller) and politics (shitfullest), they are apparently the least carny wrestling promotion in the USA. Dudes paid on time, bonuses for high gate takings, treat the talent well etc.

"Treat the Talent well" = Get them free drugs.

They are carny, just in the opposite direction.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

DDP is truly Wrestling Jesus.

Is he? I might just have to purchase Wrestlemania, then.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh are we doing belts? Can't have a belt discussion without this one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You know whats better than Championship Belts?

Championship Swords!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

John Cena posted:

Championship Swords!

What the hell was Russo thinking back then (for the two shows that promotion lasted)?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

John Cena posted:

Championship Swords!

Progress Wrestling based in London have a Championship Axe/Staff type thing

Unrelated, but Batista/Leviathan in OVW was hilarious

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Pancrase still calls it's champion King of Pancrase. Unfortunately they just have a regular belt and not a crown + sceptre.

e:
here's my bjj coach

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 19, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

njsykora posted:

Oh are we doing belts? Can't have a belt discussion without this one.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
HUSTLE had two championships: The Hustle Hardcore Hero Championship, which was represented by a giant spiked baseball bat,

and the Hustle Super Tag Team Championships, which were more traditional.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
The big eagle belt was the best by far.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Meat Recital posted:

Pancrase still calls it's champion King of Pancrase.

I misread that and was hoping for a pancreas-shaped title.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Meat Recital posted:

Pancrase still calls it's champion King of Pancrase. Unfortunately they just have a regular belt and not a crown + sceptre.

This looks like they never finished painting it.

Here's Matt Hardy's vanity title (not really, but it should be)

I really liked this OVW title. It's like they combined the early 90's belt with the Attitude era belt.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

No-one loves anything as much as TAJIRI loves Waffle House.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

beggar posted:

^^^ After
and before:

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

omgomgomg posted:

^^^ After
and before:

Sorry I know we're discussing Hall here but seeing Michaels from this point in his career is always strange to me. He just looks so puffy and unnatural being that size. He looked a lot better once he started getting leaner.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well I'm sure the steady diet of cocaine and steroids in lieu of food probably helped.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

We were talking about him in Synchtube, it's really easy to forget how tall he was, just because he always hung around Nash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012
This was definitely posted here on the old thread, but since we're talking about Hall and how tall he is...