Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
I have a similar load-out for going to the mall and other high-speed locations

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
i like how hes trying to roll with the punches but comes off as even weirder bc he owns half that poo poo :)

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Wombot posted:

Civ desk jockey here, but the aftermath doesn't seem like it's from the same area to me. Pre-ambush there's visible buildings and trees, and the horizon is a treeline. It also looks like they're driving along a dyke or road. The aftermath looks like it's in the middle of nowhere.

Also the IED shot looks like something Hollywood rigged up.

E: Watched it a few more times, and there are a couple small buildings in the background. And the first blowed up wreck they show has a graphic on the side that matches one of the vehicles in the column. Weird. It still feels off, but maybe that's just me.

I thought exactly the same tbh. It was only when they were filming the tanker which looked like the one from the convoy that I was a little more convinced, but there is definitely something not quite kosher about the whole thing.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
He was a TFR goon a long time ago. TFR (where I post the most) is full of guys with all sorts of silly poo poo like that. Why do they have it? They're gun nerds and it appeals to them. Much good natured fun is made about this on a regular basis.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Sorry, the full-size maglights strapped to the side of his (airsoft) rifle are loving ridiculous and laughable in a non-joking way. "Here, let me add 2 of a device heavy enough the only reason cops carry it, or next-smaller version, is for use as a club, and strap them to my toy gun. OH! Better give them different color lenses so I don't look stupid."

I used to think headlamps were dumb, but I freely admit I was wrong.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Godholio posted:

I used to think headlamps were dumb, but I freely admit I was wrong.
Headlamps are the loving BEST. I use mine all the time and for all sorts of poo poo. One of the best decisions ever.

I don't think I'd wear it if people were shooting at me, though. That guy is like one giant walking target.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

He's five walking targets.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

He was a TFR goon a long time ago. TFR (where I post the most) is full of guys with all sorts of silly poo poo like that. Why do they have it? They're gun nerds and it appeals to them. Much good natured fun is made about this on a regular basis.

Even in TFR Myrtar is mocked, though.

LimburgLimbo fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 18, 2013

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I think he's in denial over being afraid of the dark. 5 loving flashlights.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

My favorite parts are the bloused boots, as if that's tactical, and the XXXXS body armor that doesn't even have plates or anything in or on them. "I'll just wear it because it looks cool." I wonder if he is wearing the sunglasses indoors because he is afraid of ruining his eyes from all the flashlights.

Oh and no gloves. Amateur.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The soft armor panels AFAIK should be able to stop pistol rounds without SAPI plates. Not that it makes that picture or people who are into that poo poo any less dumb.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

DoktorLoken posted:

The soft armor panels AFAIK should be able to stop pistol rounds without SAPI plates. Not that it makes that picture or people who are into that poo poo any less dumb.

They're rated up to 9mm. At the civilian range on Fort Polk there was some soft armor panels set up and we took a few shots at them. It stopped .44 magnum.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwB8WOiHhM

Naice

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
you know bloused boots don't look to bad if you have them bloused at the ankle.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just wish I could unblouse them on ruck marches :smith:

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Love being Brit army, I just use trouser twisties

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Love being Brit army, I just use trouser twisties

I hope you mean these. Because they are now called trouser twisties until the end of time for me.

(On a different note this picture is from ebay, some dude was selling 8 pair for 12.50)

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Indeed i did mean them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

They're rated up to 9mm. At the civilian range on Fort Polk there was some soft armor panels set up and we took a few shots at them. It stopped .44 magnum.

It probably stopped them penetrating, but I can only imagine the mush that .44 round would have turned a ribcage into.

gently caress, my chest hurts thinking about that.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

GD_American posted:

It probably stopped them penetrating, but I can only imagine the mush that .44 round would have turned a ribcage into.

gently caress, my chest hurts thinking about that.

Didnt the owner of Point Blank Inc. do this very test on himself?

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Godholio posted:

Sorry, the full-size maglights strapped to the side of his (airsoft) rifle are loving ridiculous and laughable in a non-joking way.

It's actually a real FS2000 (civilian version of the FN2000), and as the story goes he saw a large group of 'youths' walking down the street. Thinking there might be some sort of riot or something, he flipped over his bed, slammed a STANAG magazine into said weapon, and then promptly broke the charging handle off somehow.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

IDF dude uploaded this to instagram heh

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Account_Username posted:

I think he's in denial over being afraid of the dark. 5 loving flashlights.

8 lights :ssh:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
No honest man needs more than 6 flashlights

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rigel posted:

It's actually a real FS2000 (civilian version of the FN2000), and as the story goes he saw a large group of 'youths' walking down the street. Thinking there might be some sort of riot or something, he flipped over his bed, slammed a STANAG magazine into said weapon, and then promptly broke the charging handle off somehow.

This actually makes it better.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

This actually makes it better.

Peak TFR

Zero Length Launch System. An idea cooked up in the pre-guided missile era where they would protect targets by strapping rockets to a regular fighter, launching it like a SAM off of a mobile truck and having it intercept aggressors. You can see the skid guard under the F-100 and the giant rocket booster. Not pictured: Pilot's massive goddam balls

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Peak TFR

Zero Length Launch System. An idea cooked up in the pre-guided missile era where they would protect targets by strapping rockets to a regular fighter, launching it like a SAM off of a mobile truck and having it intercept aggressors. You can see the skid guard under the F-100 and the giant rocket booster. Not pictured: Pilot's massive goddam balls

It's not like the idea died in that era. We used to have those devilboosters on our Starfighters well into the eighties. Something about the ruskies murdering our airfields and maintaining ready-fives, I forget. But not only the zero-length-launch system required balls. Stepping into an aircraft with a downward-launching ejection seat (before we adapted a different system) is a feat of courage unto itself.
The amount of pilots that thing murdered is ridiculous, we used to call it "Witwenmacher" or widowmaker.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Didnt the owner of Point Blank Inc. do this very test on himself?

Second Chance. He's done it a bunch of times with different weapons but usually seems to wear some padding under the armor so he doesn't get a giant bruise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz00_TQ3PnA

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's not like the idea died in that era. We used to have those devilboosters on our Starfighters well into the eighties. Something about the ruskies murdering our airfields and maintaining ready-fives, I forget. But not only the zero-length-launch system required balls. Stepping into an aircraft with a downward-launching ejection seat (before we adapted a different system) is a feat of courage unto itself.
The amount of pilots that thing murdered is ridiculous, we used to call it "Witwenmacher" or widowmaker.

There's a British comedy album about the attempted US sale of the F-104 to the RAF that is absolutely hysterical. http://therisingstorm.net/robert-calvert-captain-lockheed-and-the-starfighters/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AbEFosgtE

Whole thing is on youtube

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 19, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Stolen from the TFR Cold War thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRIg7pxZdA4

It actually stands for America's War Against Common Sense. :eng101:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Today's item of the day at the Shaw AFB BX: Actual Nazi Memorabilia! Get your own Iron Eagle Swastika for only $295! Act now, because there's only 1 left!

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope you acted, because thats cool as gently caress.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

pkells posted:

Today's item of the day at the Shaw AFB BX: Actual Nazi Memorabilia! Get your own Iron Eagle Swastika for only $295! Act now, because there's only 1 left!

I will western union the money to you to buy that for me real talk

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
The air force lets them sell it, it must be real!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pufflekins posted:

I hope you acted, because thats cool as gently caress.

Nazi memorabilia is sick as gently caress and screw anyone who pretends to get all upset about items from a crazy-rear end war

Note: btw none of that counts if you think you're an actual nazi

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Marine liek snow.

Album

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Interesting account of a ranger mission in Afghanistan from 09. I did backside intel support for this one.

http://sofrep.com/16779/against-all-odds/

http://sofrep.com/17390/rangers-against-all-odds-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I never got a pass during basic training, and I doubt Columbia, SC had any bars like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7hVIAn2gv8

Fallom posted:

Nazi memorabilia is sick as gently caress and screw anyone who pretends to get all upset about items from a crazy-rear end war

Note: btw none of that counts if you think you're an actual nazi

Don't trust the Krauts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_SwFHtgJCQ

• Locked thread