Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That picture of Vince with the cigar is odd because I could have sworn I've read on multiple occasions that he thinks smoking is straight up gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

VogeGandire posted:

The only thing that ties them together perfectly is a neon-coloured fanny pack and a mullet.

A rare photo of Claudio taken when he was older than at present.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Was trying to find an image of Zero 1's championship belt and found this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 20, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The look of a man who suddenly regrets everything that has lead him to this point in his life.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

404GoonNotFound posted:

The look of a man who suddenly regrets everything that has lead him to this point in his life.

Yeah, that's the face of an existentialist crisis that can't even be verbalized other than with a loud wailing.

Similarly, this should just inspire primal fear.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, that's the face of an existentialist crisis that can't even be verbalized other than with a loud wailing.

Similarly, this should just inspire primal fear.

Get the briscoes to join swagger's crew wearing exactly this and you got yourself a faction.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

The_Rob posted:

Get the briscoes to join swagger's crew wearing exactly this and you got yourself a faction.

Cornette wouldn't like that very much

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

apsouthern posted:

Unrelated, but Batista/Leviathan in OVW was hilarious

Just look at these scrubs.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Kevin Steen photo ops in the middle of matches will never get old to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Steen is awesome. He really "gets" how to be entertaining better than most.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

What's going on in this picture? Did Piper and a bunch of bikini girls get caught on the Google Street View camera or something?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The accompanying tweet was something like "Harlem Style! Going to have to spend a lot more time in Harlem! Sweet baby Jesus".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

Was trying to find an image of Zero 1's championship belt and found this.

...is that The Goddamn Awful Shiek??

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

JESUS gently caress who gave him a chainsaw?! :gonk:

Also, sometimes I wonder just how much blood Jay Briscoe has shed over the course of his career:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wrestling needs more chainsaws

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

JESUS gently caress who gave him a chainsaw?! :gonk:

Nah, it's cool. He's the calm n' collected one, like double o sebben.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Nah, it's cool. He's the calm n' collected one, like double o sebben.

Terry Funk did use a drat chainsaw!

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

Look at Chris Jericho's twitter bio! I always felt that the flying the flag for the WWE was a beautiful tongue in cheek reference to the incident in Brazil as he updated it to that like a week after it happened. Also god bless that man for properly updating his location!

Also..

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
How_to_derail_a_push.jpg?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, he did that too.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Sometimes they give MMA dudes swords, too

Spot the coolest dude in the lineup

One of these men has an anime tattooed on his body. It's not who you think!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

When the US and IC titles were reintroduced to WWE in 2003, they had brand new designs made for them. The one for the US title is the one that is alive and well today. The design they had for the IC title, however, they wound up not using and just went back to the already established belt, but now with a nameplate.

What did that alternate IC title look like?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The WWE Law Enforcement Badge Championship

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

John Cena posted:

When the US and IC titles were reintroduced to WWE in 2003, they had brand new designs made for them. The one for the US title is the one that is alive and well today. The design they had for the IC title, however, they wound up not using and just went back to the already established belt, but now with a nameplate.

This would be much cooler without the logos so huge on the side panels. There are just way too many logos staring at you. Of course, it would look completely different around a guy's waist/over a guy's shoulder, but straight on the amount of logos is just jarring.

That being said, it's a pretty cool looking belt.

Edit: Where did you find this, anyway? I love belt stuff and would love to read more about this kind of thing.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Phenix Rising posted:

This would be much cooler without the logos so huge on the side panels. There are just way too many logos staring at you. Of course, it would look completely different around a guy's waist/over a guy's shoulder, but straight on the amount of logos is just jarring.

That being said, it's a pretty cool looking belt.

Edit: Where did you find this, anyway? I love belt stuff and would love to read more about this kind of thing.

I linked an article a couple pages back on the guy who made them. He owns Wildcat Belts and made that Intercontinental one to show them he could design belts as well, but they didn't end up using it.

OmegaBR posted:

Don't really care for it. All the gaudiness of the spinner without the flair. Looks like something an Elvis Impersonator would wear while he's on the Vegas Strip. Or something Andrew Lazarchik would make as an example to show the company.

Speaking of which:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

John Cena posted:

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind if WWE had used a modified version of this for the WWE Championship belt. It's a nice looking belt overall and wouldn't need a whole lot else added to it to make it at least look like a world title.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

I'm getting serious 'Cary Grant in I Was a Male War Bride' vibes from Bulldog here xD

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

What the hell happened to this photo? Camera fall over?

Also, I am surprised and saddened that in the beltiest few pages we've had, no one posted this yet.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 21, 2013

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Paul... Paul never changes...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

LobsterMobster posted:

Spot the coolest dude in the lineup

MAAAKU HUNTOOOOOOH~!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Watching OSWReview, I realize Richie Steamboat already had a Wrestlemania appearance.

WM4.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
While searching the "Discard" shelf at the library I work at, I found this book:

Published in 1968.

Here's a selection of photos from it. I'll put some more up later.

Fred Blassie applying an illegal move on Bruno Sammartino.

Rikidozan, having defeated Blassie in Japan.

Selection of photos of "polite Maori" Peter Maivia.

A young Pat Patterson.

Gypsy Joe getting stretched.

Bobo Brazil choking out Killer Kowalski

Top left: Rikidozan chopping Fred Blassie. Botton Left: The Great Boto. Right: A young Verne Gagne.

Sammartino attacks Gorilla Monsoon.

Farmer Jones and his wild pig are interviewed.

'Terrible Ted'/Mike Knox

Former WHC boxer Jack Dempsey getting stretched.

Fritz von Erich in happier times.

The Destroyer.

Japanese women wrestlers in the early 50's.

'The Hunchback'

A 'Snow and Ice' gimmick match.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Domalom posted:

A young Pat Patterson.

The caption is so perfect it has to be a rib.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Germ Incubator posted:

I'm getting serious 'Cary Grant in I Was a Male War Bride' vibes from Bulldog here xD
He's bizarre.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!
Those pictures are really, really cool, Domalom. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
These are amazing and I can't wait to see more.

Domalom posted:

The Destroyer.

Dick Beyer, a rare case where being a masked wrestler doesn't help one's looks whatsoever.