Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Watching a phantom sync-kill him by stabbing him in the knee will make me giggle for far too long.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Wait, is that basically a playable PRIME?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpking posted:

Cerberus has always been considered the easiest faction and while the addition of dragoons was supposed to abate that I wouldn't be surprised if bioware have tweaked the spawns to buff them further. I remember a dev once saying phantoms were the "most perfectly balanced enemy in the game".

Yea, the wonkiest unit with a ridiculously powerful gun and a super sword made out of some mutant metal is perfectly balanced. :suicide:

And poo poo new DLC, BUT I'M NOT DONE WITH MY MANIFEST YET.

Guess I'll just hoard credits for awhile, hopefully I can get one of these dudes or some of the guns.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Delpino posted:

Wait, is that basically a playable PRIME?

Juggernauts are slightly smaller but yeah, this is pretty :stare:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
There's my cue to start saving up. I'm shooting for 5 million this weekend. I hope everyone who has been speed running with me will show up!

Edit: no mention of new maps or game modes suggests they're not coming.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 21, 2013

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Zoran posted:

There's my cue to start saving up. I'm shooting for 5 million this weekend. I hope everyone who has been speed running with me will show up!

I'll try to be there with my lack of compartments of rockets.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Also, for the next weekend event:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/15961329

quote:

As usual, Bioware France reveals the operation before the Bioware Blog.
This will appear here in the Bioware Blog.

It seems to be a tribute to Robin Sachs. Awesome, BioWare!

Googletranslated, for your viewing pleasure:

Event Description: A surprise attack of the Reapers has hit our team N7 and interrupted supplies of many planets. Many of our units can not rely on their handguns and ammunition. We must honor the memory of our fallen comrades - and show the Reapers that their victory was a mistake.

Individual Goal: Two goals are needed:
1) Earn 50,000 points using the M-8 Avenger.
2) Earn 50,000 points using grenades Inferno.

Reward: Reward Package

In french:

Description de l’événement: Une attaque surprise de Moissoneurs a durement touché notre équipe du N7 et interrompu les approvisionnements de nombreuses planètes. Beaucoup de nos unités ne pourront compter que sur leurs armes de poing et leurs munitions. Nous devons honorer la mémoire de nos camarades tombés au combat – et montrer aux Moissoneurs que leur victoire était en fait une erreur.

Objectif individuel: Deux objectifs sont nécessaires:
1) Gagner 50.000 points en utilisant le M-8 Avenger.
2) Gagner 50.000 points en utilisant des grenades Inferno.

Récompense: Paquet de récompense

RIP Zaeed. I will toss many grenades for you and get rewarded this time.

Delpino fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 21, 2013

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Goddammit, now I have to accumulate credits. I'm in the middle of Fallout: New Vegas, too!

mgorinev on Origin - add me for Gold funtimes, my fellows.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zoran posted:

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/304642140934402049

Looks like it's just kits and items, so maybe they're doing the weekly release schedule again.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
If after putting in Dr. Sexbot as an MP kit they don't add any new Salarians I will be rather disappointed.

But not enough to stop me being super excited about the Geth Juggernaut and those new weapons. No new maps though? Kinda surprising. Though I'd take some more hazards. [edit: Well that got ruled out too I guess.]

Anyone who wants to farm some credits on XBL, my gt is dub zomby. Down for Plat, especially Cerbs Glacier and Reaper Giant speed runs. Will even help you box farm on Rio if you want. Also happy to do Gold. Unfortunately no mic and I'm on GMT.

[e2: Salarian Troll Goons 4 life.]

The New Black fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 21, 2013

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

As excited as I am for this, you know what really shits me?

WHERE THE gently caress ARE MY SALARIAN STG OPERATIVES :argh:

e. /\ This guy knows the score. I want a Salarian with biotics and Devastator Mode.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 21, 2013

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Oh. My. GOD. :stare:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Is that really the last MP DLC? Because I feel like they could do so much more with just the assets they have in the single player game. More maps and objective types at least.

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
They forgot to mention new elcor characters in the announcement, right? Right?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

1st AD posted:

Is that really the last MP DLC? Because I feel like they could do so much more with just the assets they have in the single player game. More maps and objective types at least.
They probably could but at some point the DLC limitations probably get too frustrating. I'd like to see more DLC but I'm also eager to see what Montreal can do with the whole franchise.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

1st AD posted:

The post sure makes it sounds like the last one, giving the fans a fitting send off with "two final pieces of DLC."

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Wait, Assault Rifle Omni-Blade? Don't we already have that from about two DLCs ago?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Grabbed another image off BSN. Looks like the the Turian is packing a Blood Pack Punisher Executioner.

Lynx fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 21, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felinoid posted:

Wait, Assault Rifle Omni-Blade? Don't we already have that from about two DLCs ago?

Either a typo, or it's a new one that does something else.

Maybe it launches!

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
Sweet stuff. The Lancer will apparently be the super sized avenger Mr Mega Geth (ooo new name for a geth char) is holding.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Camel toe for multi player

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kaizer88 posted:

Camel toe for multi player

Man, I just can't tell if Bioware Montreal gives no fucks anymore, or all the fucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Complaining about EDI's model being in the game doesn't really make sense considering all but one of the Asaris literally use the "Asari stripper" game model.

Plus I bet it will have cool/unique powers.

And I'm sure you can put racing stripes on it.

Wait, what's the complaint again?

Kind of weird they just said "and more" instead of what all the new kits would be. There have to be Salarians. There have to, drat it. Especially since the Venom is a Salarian gun!

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Felinoid posted:

It was a typo. They changed it to AR ultralight materials.

Seeing as this is officially the end of the line I wonder when they'll say 'gently caress it' and raise the missile/medi-gel/ops pack/thermal clip capacities to ten. Might as well fill the item pool with as much stuff as possible at this point.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

precision posted:

Complaining about EDI's model being in the game doesn't really make sense considering all but one of the Asaris literally use the "Asari stripper" game model.

Plus I bet it will have cool/unique powers.

And I'm sure you can put racing stripes on it.

Wait, what's the complaint again?

Kind of weird they just said "and more" instead of what all the new kits would be. There have to be Salarians. There have to, drat it. Especially since the Venom is a Salarian gun!

Salarian Shield-Stripper engineer. Powers: Energy Drain, Overload, Arc Grenade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LogicNinja posted:

Dodge: Pole Spin.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

LogicNinja posted:

Energy Drain, Overload, Snap Freeze :getin:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Zoran posted:

Energy Drain, Overload, Snap Freeze :getin:
I don't know about a class that consists of literally pressing 3 then 2 over and over against every enemy.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Cheap Vodka posted:

It was a typo. They changed it to AR ultralight materials.

Seeing as this is officially the end of the line I wonder when they'll say 'gently caress it' and raise the missile/medi-gel/ops pack/thermal clip capacities to ten. Might as well fill the item pool with as much stuff as possible at this point.
Since this is the last DLC I am also guessing that they'll do what they did on the Wii U port and put the promo guns in the ultra-rare pool. Which will be the first time I ever see a Valkyrie!

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Lynx posted:

Grabbed another image off BSN. Looks like the the Turian is packing a Blood Pack Punisher Executioner.

Jeez, no wonder we don't see Turian females on the frontlines more often, looks like they're about to snap in half at the touch of a mild breeze.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burning Mustache posted:

Jeez, no wonder we don't see Turian females on the frontlines more often, looks like they're about to snap in half at the touch of a mild breeze.

Why do you think Garrus notices Shepard's supportive hips?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Kaizer88 posted:

Sweet stuff. The Lancer will apparently be the super sized avenger Mr Mega Geth (ooo new name for a geth char) is holding.

Looks like it has the built-in scope like it did in ME1.

Does this mean it's going to be an Avenger with the old cooldown system? THE POSSIBILITIES
nvm, took another look, just looks like an Avenger scaled to Juggernaut size.

but if it WAS the Lancer, and it used the cooldown system, would there be anything else to separate it from the Avenger?

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 21, 2013

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Inferno Grenades, huh? When I think of Zaeed's voice, I hear, "Firing a concussive shot!" and "Firing a high-impact shot!" and "Guddamn!"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Luceo posted:

Inferno Grenades, huh? When I think of Zaeed's voice, I hear, "Firing a concussive shot!" and "Firing a high-impact shot!" and "Guddamn!"

Well, he did have inferno grenades as a unique power in ME2.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

precision posted:

Can I complain about both?

I mean I'm not too keen on the fact that 4 of the Asari look identical and that you have to be careful when choosing colours so it doesn't look like they're running round with bare bums doesn't really help.

From that picture of EDIAIU though it does look like there has been a bit of a reskin with more armour so it might not be a problem.

Geth Spitfire should be cool. From my memory of SP it's something like a cross between the Typhoon and GPSMG?

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Luceo posted:

When I think of Zaeed's voice I hear "FRY, YOU SON OF A BITCH" so I'm absolutely ok with this.

E: Although I can see how one might not associate this with Zaeed as much if they did his loyalty mission wrong :shepface:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Elotana posted:

Since this is the last DLC I am also guessing that they'll do what they did on the Wii U port and put the promo guns in the ultra-rare pool. Which will be the first time I ever see a Valkyrie!

You lucky bastard. I've received four of the bloody things and would kill for the last two Eagle upgrades at this point. :negative:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cheap Vodka posted:

You lucky bastard. I've received four of the bloody things and would kill for the last two Eagle upgrades at this point. :negative:

wait what my Eagle X posting radar just went off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTrCg8VtcUk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
These will be the longest two weeks of my short life.

• Locked thread