Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

What the gently caress is this :stare:

And also...

Oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Corridor posted:

What the gently caress is this :stare:

And also...

Oh god

The stuff of nightmares...

DirtyOldDishrag
May 16, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Plants vs. Zombies just went free if you're one of the 3 people in N. America who don't own it yet.

I am one of said three. Thanks for the heads up!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

DirtyOldDishrag posted:

I am one of said three. Thanks for the heads up!

Count me in as another.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

kloa posted:

Count me in as another.

More of us than I thought. Thanks!

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

I can't find where to turn off the sound for Defenders of Texel. Is that missing or am I just missing something obvious?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

More of us than I thought. Thanks!

HD's free too if you have an iPad!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Shwqa posted:

The stuff of nightmares...

It's even more loving insane than it looks. The Strange Milk thing managed to make me feel slightly disturbed, the way you do when you encounter something really weird and wrong. They are all free, so go look if you want something to confuse and horrify you.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Anyone want to swap invite codes for Defender of Texel? Just started playing. My invite code is SrbX. Post yours here and i'll use it if you use mine. Thanks!

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
If I'm not mistaken, Real Racing 3 is meant to be out worldwide now, but I can't find it in the App Store. Also, all the RR games seem to have disappeared... Anyone else had this issue? Am I just being stupid?

E: oops, it is due next week

nomapple fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 21, 2013

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

retro sexual posted:

Anyone want to swap invite codes for Defender of Texel? Just started playing. My invite code is SrbX. Post yours here and i'll use it if you use mine. Thanks!

Use mine! Skxt.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man i just had quite a stroke of luck in defender of texel. I made a rare knight from commons and boss drops for an achievement, which give 3 voxite. I used the voxite and got 2 more rares. :dance:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I'm starting up with DoT. Added names that have been posted so far. Mine is shoafer0

nucleicmaxid posted:

Use mine! Skxt.
Used your code.

Mine is Sk6J

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 21, 2013

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
Weird, I just checked DoT, and sure enough it says 'duranki' at the main screen. Wonder if it's case-sensitive?

I wonder if the DoT love warrants its own thread?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Duranki posted:

Weird, I just checked DoT, and sure enough it says 'duranki' at the main screen. Wonder if it's case-sensitive?

I wonder if the DoT love warrants its own thread?

I would love that myself :)

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It might do, I've actually got a bunch more questions but I'll hold off in case someone does a nice OP.

I'll check duranki in lower case next logon, my ingame name is "Fazana-SA"

I threw $5 at it this morning as I figured I'll be playing a while, grabbed a tent and two rolls on the top end machine.

Wth, I'll sneak my main question in...

I've so far only used the little tree things as boost fodder, I've been patiently fusing commons etc with themselves. Am I completely wasting my time and I should just feed those to my main team?

Edit: Nope, "duranki" shows nothing either.

kontona
May 3, 2003

in DoT as "vinh0".

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'll make a thread later tonight when I am my computer if no one else wants to make the thread.

Also I normally feed commons to my team. The problem with units that have a commons form is that they can never become epics. Cards either go common->uncommon-> rare or uncommon->rare-> epic. Another problem is that the unit without common forms are more powerful. That common knight I made into a rare only has 400 attack at level 13, I have uncommons that have better stats. So if your really hurting for cards the commons work in a pinch, but long term they won't be useful.

Though save some for achievements for more voxite. The commons that have achievements I have seen are :amberflew arwia, etty, goldengrasp, and ashtad. It seems to remember that I had fused goldengrasp before I gotten the achievement so I got the reward instantly.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 21, 2013

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Shalinor is your game out yet?

EDIT: NM it's Feb 28th now.. BoO HISSSSSSsssss

Dvlos fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 21, 2013

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fazana posted:

It might do, I've actually got a bunch more questions but I'll hold off in case someone does a nice OP.

I'll check duranki in lower case next logon, my ingame name is "Fazana-SA"

I threw $5 at it this morning as I figured I'll be playing a while, grabbed a tent and two rolls on the top end machine.

Wth, I'll sneak my main question in...

I've so far only used the little tree things as boost fodder, I've been patiently fusing commons etc with themselves. Am I completely wasting my time and I should just feed those to my main team?

Edit: Nope, "duranki" shows nothing either.

I'm not sure, but that's what I've been doing -- feeding the tree dudes to my main team and self fusing commons. I've evolved two of my garbage guys into fairly okay guys that way. And then fusing my other trash when it looks like my roster is getting full. I'm still not 100% sure what I am doing, but it seems fun enough, if a little shallow. If there's any strategy tips, I'd love to hear them.

Invite code is SsNj if anyone wants to use it.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
Fazana and kontona, I've sent you friend requests ingame. I have no idea why my name isn't working. If you get my requests, let me know how my name shows up? I clicked the little profile icon thingy in the upper-righthand corner, and nothing ever loads.

Are you guys utilizing the Texi Exchange? You can buy items (with in-game currency, not IAP) that boost your attack, defense, and magic. Those items are self-fusable, just like the fighters.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Duranki posted:

Fazana and kontona, I've sent you friend requests ingame. I have no idea why my name isn't working. If you get my requests, let me know how my name shows up? I clicked the little profile icon thingy in the upper-righthand corner, and nothing ever loads.

Are you guys utilizing the Texi Exchange? You can buy items (with in-game currency, not IAP) that boost your attack, defense, and magic. Those items are self-fusable, just like the fighters.

Got it and yes, it shows duranki so :iiam: as to why search couldn't find you?!

I have not long since got past 300 texi, I was pondering whether to blow most of it on an item right away.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Duranki posted:

Fazana and kontona, I've sent you friend requests ingame.

shows up as "duranki" on mine as well.

thanks for adding me.

this game's a bit overwhelming. i'm going to try to go back and read up on it before i continue.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

nucleicmaxid posted:

Use mine! Skxt.

OK used yours

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies

retro sexual posted:

OK used yours

Me too. Mine is SsTs if anyone wants to use it. Username is as here but with two hyphens if anyone wants more friends.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
In as TelsaCola, we can swap invite codes if you want. Mines Ssd8.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
:stare: Does anyone have any idea who this is referring to?

This is a game, right?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Bummey posted:

:stare: Does anyone have any idea who this is referring to?

This is a game, right?

Yeah, Akinator has been around in one form or another since, what, the late 90s?

It's basically a 20 questions type thing where the program tries to guess what character you're thinking of.

I think that's a photoshop though, as the font looks suspiciously like a Paint default.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
My bad, I word wrong. I just took that screenshot. I was asking if anyone knew what character that question was referring to.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
My only guess would be Tycho/Gabe from Penny Arcade (thinking of the "cold placenta sandwiches" comic here)

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Dvlos posted:

Shalinor is your game out yet?

EDIT: NM it's Feb 28th now.. BoO HISSSSSSsssss
Yeah, sorry, Apple kind of hosed us in the 11th our. They rejected our build on a technicality that a particular top-10 game on the market right this second doesn't do either. The term is "review roulette," sometimes you get failed for silly minor stuff.

It's cool though, I mean we hit Kotaku (again), I've got more people lined up wanting to do reviews, and it isn't like I've got angry people banging on my doors. Even youtube commenters are being understanding about the delay.

EDIT: Speaking of, if anyone in here wants to review Jones, hit me up at @glassbottommeg or the contact form on http://glassbottomgames.com - it'd be embargoed until release day, obviously, but I can get you set up on that pretty dang fast.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 21, 2013

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bummey posted:

My bad, I word wrong. I just took that screenshot. I was asking if anyone knew what character that question was referring to.

I put 5 bucks on 'Weird pregnant mother'.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

DOT: I recommend fusing your commons together. A 5/5 SEF level 60 rare is no epic, but it's nothing to sneeze at. And that's about 60 commons technically. You get achievements eventually for fusing all regular commons to their next stages. Not only that, but fusing commons into other fighters gives almost no experience compared to using ikkupis or banunu.

danuki - I read somewhere your name isn't searchable if you're full up on friends (which includes requests/pending as well). Could that have been the case?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Cheers for the info again Clocks, wish I had bought three more tents now instead of taking another rare roll past the subsidised one. Storage is a constant battle as I'm already at about 64/72 unique units all the time so even doing a 10 pixite pull is a fartaround.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Clocks, yeah, that was it. I had a bunch of pending requests that I didn't realize count towards your limit.

I think so far I've spent $6 on IAP, mostly for tents. This game caters to my collecting/hoarding tendencies. I don't feel bad about IAP in this game because they're so generous with stuff.

Fuse the hell out of everything! I've slowly built a few decent rares from all the lovely commons. I think I'm up to 15 or 16 rares now? I wonder if the game will ever feature trading of any sort?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What is the point of Banunus?

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

nucleicmaxid posted:

What is the point of Banunus?

I hear they give mad XP when fused, but I just started so I could be wrong.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Shalinor posted:

Yeah, sorry, Apple kind of hosed us in the 11th our. They rejected our build on a technicality that a particular top-10 game on the market right this second doesn't do either. The term is "review roulette," sometimes you get failed for silly minor stuff.

It's cool though, I mean we hit Kotaku (again), I've got more people lined up wanting to do reviews, and it isn't like I've got angry people banging on my doors. Even youtube commenters are being understanding about the delay.

EDIT: Speaking of, if anyone in here wants to review Jones, hit me up at @glassbottommeg or the contact form on http://glassbottomgames.com - it'd be embargoed until release day, obviously, but I can get you set up on that pretty dang fast.

I gotta say, getting to do beta test for this game was really fun and I hope it does well when it does hit the app store.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Oh poo poo, a Gun Bros 2 is out.

I hope it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Yeah, Banunu gives a good 5 to 10 level boost, depending on the rarity. Save them for your rares.

Another tip: if you're close to bumping up an uncommon to a rare, go ahead and get the uncommon up to max level. You'll lose a few levels after the upgrade, but rares level slower than uncommons.

• Locked thread