Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Ugh, EDI. In a game full of gratuitous lady butts she is the worst of all and I was very disappointed when her new body turned up. The amount of fanservice piled up on her is just gross and creepy and I just try to pretend she doesn't exist. Also her model is surprisingly poorly done and she's got texture errors all over. Blegh.

Everything else, though, I'm super hyped about. Geth Juggernaut? Krogan Warlord with biotic hammer? Put me in, coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Someone on BSN already started the "I'm gonna kick anyone who plays EDI" poo poo.

I guess this means I can play my volus safely :laugh:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Psion posted:

wait what my Eagle X posting radar just went off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTrCg8VtcUk

Congrats dude, you have a serviceable caster gun! It has it's own niche in the pistol category as some weird SMG/babby Carnifex hybrid. As far as I can tell, the Valkyrie has no such niche and is objectively worse than the high tier ARs.

being an eagle fan itt is like the equivalent of the dudes who don't hate the endings in the story thread

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm sure the Geth Prime will just scale all the gun models up to his size, but it would be much better if you could give him tiny pistols, and his fingers were too big to pull the trigger.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Psion posted:

Someone on BSN already started the "I'm gonna kick anyone who plays EDI" poo poo.

I guess this means I can play my volus safely :laugh:

EDI in multiplayer actually won't be too bad because the camera won't be lingering over her massive robot tits. No worse than the N7 Shadow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm curious as to the power combos for these dudes.

Also wondering about the limitations the big characters might have, the krogan warlord leads me to believe you won't be able to give him weapons.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cheap Vodka posted:

Congrats dude, you have a serviceable caster gun!

Talon IX, sorry, what?

I know the Eagle isn't the terrible worst of the worst it used to be but of all the promo guns it's probably the one I have the least use for, so I make fun of it.

also I put a Valkryie II on a TGI and decided to see what I could make of it and as long as you can consistently aim for headshots it tears through Cerberus on gold pretty quickly. I don't think that makes it great, because it has some pretty significant downsides, but it could be made great fairly easily. Make it so the second shot always hits exactly where the first does and you're talking.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
As soon as I hit 12 million credits they announced DLC. I think there must have been some flag on me.

Also looks like they used that guys idea for an operation in Robin Sachs memory. That's a pretty cool thing.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Psion posted:

also I put a Valkryie II on a TGI and decided to see what I could make of it and as long as you can consistently aim for headshots it tears through Cerberus on gold pretty quickly. I don't think that makes it great, because it has some pretty significant downsides, but it could be made great fairly easily. Make it so the second shot always hits exactly where the first does and you're talking.

This would be a major game changer for the Valkyrie, yes.
It would also be like a real life AN-94 Abakan, which is all the more reason to like it. Fun fact: the Locust's Codex description seems like it was inspired by the Abakan as well. Too bad it's utter crap in ME3 :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It just occurred to me that I've never gotten level IV Explosive, Phasic or Drill ammo. Do they even exist?

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

precision posted:

It just occurred to me that I've never gotten level IV Explosive, Phasic or Drill ammo. Do they even exist?

No.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Similarly, the only level IV armor consumable is the Cyclonic Modulator.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/15964596&lf=8

Apparantly the geth juggernaut is huge, can't take cover or roll, has massive defences

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Zoran posted:

Similarly, the only level IV armor consumable is the Cyclonic Modulator.

Pretty sure power amps go to level 4 too.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Heh, imagine opening a PSP and finding two lvl IV explosive ammo inside.

:suicide:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SirViver posted:

Heh, imagine opening a PSP and finding two lvl IV explosive ammo inside.

I dunno, level IV Cryo is just about as useless (in the sense that level III Cryo does the job just fine).

The amount of Rare Gear I still have at low levels is ridiculous (hell I still haven't even gotten several of them), for God's sake release a "Supplemental Pack" or something that "has a higher chance for Gear and Weapon Mods".

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Welp, I'm all giddy now over this DLC announcement. This ME3 multiplayer thing blows my mindgrapes every time they announce something new for it. I gifted this to a buddy for Christmas and he just started playing last night, it's almost hard to remember what multi was like before my manifest got all pimped out (though I'm still nowhere near some of you).

I'm down to game tonight if I'm not waltzing through bronze with my buddy. I've played with a good chunk of folks from the thread and use a microphone in addition to having access to Ventrilo or TeamSpeak if anyone uses those over the built-in chat. Origin is teh_DK (manifest).

Also just noticed this:

^re: gear and weapon mods I've been pretty successful with the regular Spectre Packs. I've unlocked a lot of new mods and gear. Maybe that is because I can buy them more frequently, though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kaizer88 posted:

Pretty sure power amps go to level 4 too.

Oh yeah, you're right. I tried to run down a mental checklist of items and completely skipped power amps.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Kaizer88 posted:

Apparantly the geth juggernaut is huge, can't take cover or roll, has massive defences

Defense matrix would be perfect for him.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Pumpking posted:

Defense matrix would be perfect for him.

According to the devs, he's got two new powers, and one old one. They also said this expansion will have the most amount of new skills ; Turian Raptor will have 3 new skills. Krogan warlord has a unique rage mechanic and the ability to buff his hammer.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Luceo posted:

Inferno Grenades, huh? When I think of Zaeed's voice, I hear, "Firing a concussive shot!" and "Firing a high-impact shot!" and "Guddamn!"

Interestingly enough, Zaeed did have lines recorded for using Inferno Grenades in ME2 but for some reason they went unused and he would never say anything (a bug?). Stuff like "Torching the bastards!"

The New Black posted:

From that picture of EDIAIU though it does look like there has been a bit of a reskin with more armour so it might not be a problem.

It looks like the EDI skin from the costume DLC, the armor plates on the sexbot's shoulders and forearms indicate that it's the same model.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Gonna put racing stripes on an EDI, gently caress all yall. We know the Juggernaut is a Soldier now, but what about the others? Would the EDIs be Infiltrators or Engineers? What about the Raptors? So many questions and it's less than a week away!

Burning Mustache posted:

Jeez, no wonder we don't see Turian females on the frontlines more often, looks like they're about to snap in half at the touch of a mild breeze.

Well, Turians are bird-people after all. Have you seen that concept art of a naked Turian? They're all super skinny, the armor for males is just a little better at hiding it.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Sincere apologies to whoever Buck Rodgers is on Origin, I'm cold-ridden and was playing with a few off-site friends of mine who probably would have been better on Silver :shrug:

Well, if the Juggernaut's old power is the Geth Turret and one of his new powers is a health/shield restore (going off what Fagnan's given us) the third power's probably going to be either direct damage of some kind or something like Fortification, just to make him a complete brick (...geth-brick?) wall.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Kaizer88 posted:

According to the devs, he's got two new powers, and one old one. They also said this expansion will have the most amount of new skills ; Turian Raptor will have 3 new skills. Krogan warlord has a unique rage mechanic and the ability to buff his hammer.

Eric Fagnan has hinted that one of the Juggernaut's powers is the Geth Turret and he also has one with healing abilities, apparently not the same as Defense Matrix.

e:f,b. Although the Geth turret might be the healing power.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 21, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Interestingly enough, Zaeed did have lines recorded for using Inferno Grenades in ME2 but for some reason they went unused and he would never say anything (a bug?). Stuff like "Torching the bastards!"

I swear on a stack of Bibles that I actually heard him say something like that on my last ME2 run. I remember it because it was the only time I'd ever heard it. So maybe it was (partially?) fixed for the PS3 port?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Oh man, If the Juggernaut has enough shields/health and a way to restore them, then we can have Giant Robot Battles against Primes. :swoon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh oh, and if the FemTurians don't have jetpacks, I really hope they have a dodge.

drat, I'm pretty excited for this one. At this point I legit want ME4 to just be a crazy huge multiplayer game. "Call of Duty numbers" indeed. :getin:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It might be! The ME3 multiplayer team is working on it. Nobody expected ME3's multiplayer to be this popular.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

"Smash your enemies with the Biotic Hammer as you lay waste to the battlefield as the Krogan Warlord."

This is French for "give yourself over to absolute pleasure."

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Serpentis posted:

Sincere apologies to whoever Buck Rodgers is on Origin, I'm cold-ridden and was playing with a few off-site friends of mine who probably would have been better on Silver :shrug:

Well, if the Juggernaut's old power is the Geth Turret and one of his new powers is a health/shield restore (going off what Fagnan's given us) the third power's probably going to be either direct damage of some kind or something like Fortification, just to make him a complete brick (...geth-brick?) wall.

I think the third power is something like the prime pulse cannon, based on something posted in that BSN thread linked above.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Schubalts posted:

Well, Turians are bird-people after all. Have you seen that concept art of a naked Turian? They're all super skinny, the armor for males is just a little better at hiding it.

I know, it's just, in that pic, the upper torso / chest piece looks like it's the same exact one as the male models', when it probably should be a tad less bulky. The angle from the side isn't helping either, I guess.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I sincerely hope the new Krogan is deliberately designed to just not even loving bother with that gun poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who's got two thumbs and is such a massive sucker for new Mass Effect content that he'll come crawling back to a game that he stopped playing three months ago?

THIS GUUUUUUUUUUY :unsmigghh:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Schubalts posted:

It might be! The ME3 multiplayer team is working on it. Nobody expected ME3's multiplayer to be this popular.

"It's funny, but none of us really ever asked the question 'What if we just made a fun game? Would people be into that?'"

VJeff posted:

Who's got two thumbs and is such a massive sucker for new Mass Effect content that he'll come crawling back to a game that he stopped playing three months ago?

Everyone in this thread, at some point. :fella: :hf: :human being:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Dammit Bioware I am totally going to waste $15 on the SP DLC.

Wait, so what classes do we think the additions are going to be? I'm assuming Asari-esque duplicates are okay--like, I can't imagine what the Geth Juggernaut would be besides a Soldier given the escription. Adept or Sentinel...?

Also PC people, I'm on the list, but add me on Origin and explode everything with me and LogicNinja. (I am totally up for helping out newer players by playing lower than Gold/reviving 50x on Gold. He is probably just going to Charge everything.)

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 18, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kaizer88 posted:

From this link.

quote:

As part of this DLC pack, we are reducing the amount of stagger that the Geth faction will perform on players. If I remember correctly, the Geth Prime pulse shots and his turret no longer stagger players. Geth Hunters are unchanged.

Thank gently caress.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Urgh, was this close to not buying any ME3 DLC... but... Wrex... Bioware you assholes, you did this on purpose.

On the multiplayer side, 4 Juggernauts, 4 Typhoons, 1 Glacier. :getin:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Stroop There It Is posted:

I can't imagine what the Geth Juggernaut would be besides a Soldier

Yeah, he's been confirmed to be a Soldier. Not sure about the others.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Serpentis posted:

Well, if the Juggernaut's old power is the Geth Turret and one of his new powers is a health/shield restore (going off what Fagnan's given us)
How would a shield restore be a new power at all given Shield Boost and Stimulant Pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
I switched to PC from Xbox after playing ME3. I never played the multiplayer back on the 360.

Is the multiplayer good enough to warrant a purchase of ME3 for PC? I'm in a gaming glut right now while I wait for Bioshock Infinite.

• Locked thread