Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Yes, this. I understand it better and think I was only using sickbeard as a way to simply tell Sab to grab new shows and left it at that. It wasn't being used as a database of what I had or anything else. I'll dive into this, thanks!

If you're worried about having duplicate data, you can have sickbeard delete the original files after it copies/renames them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Is there a way to tell Sickbeard to leave stuff alone until the file is fully downloaded?

my torrents folder is the same as my usenet completed folder, and a whole bunch of my downloads from bit torrent got moved as soon as the files were partially created, which then of course broke the torrent and stopped it from downloading.

Im assuming this is what the 'ignore' function does in sickbeard?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Laserface posted:

Is there a way to tell Sickbeard to leave stuff alone until the file is fully downloaded?

my torrents folder is the same as my usenet completed folder, and a whole bunch of my downloads from bit torrent got moved as soon as the files were partially created, which then of course broke the torrent and stopped it from downloading.

Im assuming this is what the 'ignore' function does in sickbeard?

Don't tell sickbeard to postprocess your incomplete directory.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Don't tell sickbeard to postprocess your incomplete directory.

I dont think uTorrent has a completed/incomplete directory, just the one option and this hasnt really happened before.

I know I could just wait and add the show to sickbeard once the downloads are completed but I only use torrents to backfill what NZBs cant find - if theres a season or two available on usenet I would rather use that to grab them as its usually better quality (and its via SSL so Im not going to be spied on by my ISP)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Laserface posted:

I dont think uTorrent has a completed/incomplete directory, just the one option and this hasnt really happened before.

I know I could just wait and add the show to sickbeard once the downloads are completed but I only use torrents to backfill what NZBs cant find - if theres a season or two available on usenet I would rather use that to grab them as its usually better quality (and its via SSL so Im not going to be spied on by my ISP)

Utorrent has a downloading directory and a directory it can move completed to.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

It appears that I have set it up the right way, and I'm smacking myself for not doing so previously. This is so much more simplistic than I had it. Thanks!

On another note, what's the verdict on Headphones and the other sickbeard-like nzb media grabbers? I believe there's one for comics as well. What other niches exist out there?

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 19, 2013

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
There's at least one for games and another one that handles ebooks, but nothing coming close to sickbeard's maturity. That goes for couchpotato as well.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I'm trying to get sickbeard to use SSL on windows, but it keeps saying that it can't find pyOpenSSL. I made sure to install this specific version (since sickbeard on windows uses Python 2.7):

pyOpenSSL-0.11.winxp32-py2.7.msi

but it still doesn't appear to be working. Do I have to install the full Python 2.7 installer for windows, and then get sickbeard to use that?

EDIT: nevermind, just had to copy the OpenSSL directory under site-packages to the lib directory in sickbeard's root.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 19, 2013

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Can anyone give me some guidance on getting SABnzbd to properly catch the Group/Indexer tags for nzb.su?

Like, what format they have to be in ect. The guide on the SABnzbd wiki seems to either be out of date or not work anymore, cause when I type them like shown there they don't work, nor do they work when I just separate with commas.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Keito posted:

There's at least one for games and another one that handles ebooks, but nothing coming close to sickbeard's maturity. That goes for couchpotato as well.

Looks like my googler is broken. What is this called?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
lazylibrarian is the only one I am familiar with, but I understand development stalled, it got forked into oblivion, and as a result isn't feasible to use at the moment.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Gozinbulx posted:

Can anyone give me some guidance on getting SABnzbd to properly catch the Group/Indexer tags for nzb.su?

Like, what format they have to be in ect. The guide on the SABnzbd wiki seems to either be out of date or not work anymore, cause when I type them like shown there they don't work, nor do they work when I just separate with commas.

Just use wildcards for the indexer tag column. So Movies would be the SAB category, and you'd use Movies* in the right-most column.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
What if I want a specific one (Movies < HD) ?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Ok, got it:

Movies*HD

Gozinbulx fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 20, 2013

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

This might not be the proper place to ask, but is there a program for Windows that is comparable to iVi converter for OSX. I'm particularly interested to find something that will watch a folder, convert the video file to MP4, add metadata and then send the file to iTunes to be sorted. If not one program then a couple that will do this with the minimum of input from me?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else having an issue with Spotweb downloads not downloading? I sent a couple of files to SABNZBD to download, but even after giving it an hour to verify that all the pieces of the download were available and then start, the download just sits there idle in SABNZBD. I don't think it's a Spotweb problem because I've been able to grab stuff through it before, so I guess the problem is with SABNZBD or Blocknews.

Could it be a broken SABNZBD installation? It started prompting me recently for my username and password every time I clicked a link on the web interface, even after updating to the newest version.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Raffles posted:

This might not be the proper place to ask, but is there a program for Windows that is comparable to iVi converter for OSX. I'm particularly interested to find something that will watch a folder, convert the video file to MP4, add metadata and then send the file to iTunes to be sorted. If not one program then a couple that will do this with the minimum of input from me?

Handbrake should do what you're asking. I don't know what metadata you want, but Handbrake will do the conversion with watch folders/etc.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Karthe posted:

Is anyone else having an issue with Spotweb downloads not downloading? I sent a couple of files to SABNZBD to download, but even after giving it an hour to verify that all the pieces of the download were available and then start, the download just sits there idle in SABNZBD. I don't think it's a Spotweb problem because I've been able to grab stuff through it before, so I guess the problem is with SABNZBD or Blocknews.

Could it be a broken SABNZBD installation? It started prompting me recently for my username and password every time I clicked a link on the web interface, even after updating to the newest version.

I've been getting a lot of empty spots (Sab rejects them because they have nothing in them), but I don't know if it's related, but something has been weird with Spotweb lately.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I haven't checked github or anything but the weird "we're done" message on spotweb.nu seems ominous. I don't know if google translate is just failing me or whats going on, the SpotX forums are mostly non-English too.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Are we still handing out invites for nzb.su? Because I have a couple. And if so... then I will devise a fun contest to do so.

Edit: Let's put this in a new post.

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 21, 2013

crm
Oct 24, 2004

TraderStav posted:

It appears that I have set it up the right way, and I'm smacking myself for not doing so previously. This is so much more simplistic than I had it. Thanks!

On another note, what's the verdict on Headphones and the other sickbeard-like nzb media grabbers? I believe there's one for comics as well. What other niches exist out there?

mylar is a pretty good one for comics. I've contributed code to it, I like it that much :D

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

So I've been downloading some stuff and some of the files have passwords on them. Inside the "failed" download folder there is a readme giving a web address to download the password...OR you can donate $0.80 to a random paypal account and supposedly they will email it.

Anyone know if this is legit or not?

kiresays fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 21, 2013

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Illuminado posted:

Are we still handing out invites for nzb.su? Because I have a couple. And if so... then I will devise a fun contest to do so.

If you're just handing them out, I'll gladly take one.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
You might want to edit your post. Anyway if you get passworded files you are doing it wrong.

elwood fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 21, 2013

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I just got the android app NZB 360 working for three indexers and SAB, SB, and CouchPotato. This is really slick. It's not free, but it's really well polished and the dev seems pretty active.

I installed the VPN Server that Synology offers for my NAS, and had my phone connected with it's native VPN client in about 5 minutes. Didn't even have to open all of the services to the outside world. :dance:

I'm really impressed with how much crap I've managed to cram into this little dual core Atom powered Ion box. Sab, SickBeard, CouchPotato, SubSonic, and the XBMC frontend for my TV.

kiresays posted:

So I've been downloading some ** and some of the files have passwords on them. Inside the "failed" download folder there is a readme giving a web address to download the password...OR you can donate $0.80 to a random paypal account and supposedly they will email it.

Anyone know if this is legit or not?

Yeah, don't do that. There'll be another post uploaded.

PirateDentist fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 21, 2013

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Ok, so it seems like I can do this. Send me your favorite lines of dialogue from a TV Show / Movie using SA smilies in the next hour. Top 5 get invites! Closes at 4:00pm PST.

Extending it until tomorrow when I get up, in the meantime Congratulations Dr. Faustus!

Dr. Faustus posted:

:smuggo: [hailing Khan] This is Admiral Kirk. We tried it once your way, Khan, are you game for a rematch? Khan, I'm laughing at the "superior intellect."
:argh: Full impulse power!
:yarr: No, sir! You have Genesis! You can have whatever...
:ssj: [grabs Joachim in anger] FULL POWER! drat YOU!

Marklar posted:

Tyler Durden: :cool: OK: any historic figure.
Narrator: :smuggo: I'd fight Gandhi. :colbert:
Tyler Durden: :golfclap: Good answer.
Narrator: :confused: How about you?
Tyler Durden: :pirate: Lincoln. :911: :patriot: :zpatriot:
Narrator: Lincoln? :confuoot:
Tyler Durden: Big guy, big reach. Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger. :burger:

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 22, 2013

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure a mod said last page no more invite stuff in this thread, might want to double check that with them.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The rule as posted is "Do not buy/sell/trade/beg for invites."

I think this leaves room for giving out invites for free, and writing a little PM with some smilies in it is free.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I have two nzb.su invites, PM me for them. First two get it because :effort:.

e: pm my your email address, one invite is taken but one is left and will probably go soon.

My two invites are gone, enjoy!

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 22, 2013

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Not to spam too crazy-like, but I still have 3 (Three) invites. Gone!

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 23, 2013

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

The rule as posted is "Do not buy/sell/trade/beg for invites."

I think this leaves room for giving out invites for free, and writing a little PM with some smilies in it is free.

Seems to me the spirit of that is basically don't play any games or otherwise poo poo up the thread with nonsense when you could go ahead and just give the things out since it ain't like they're rare.

Meanwhile, does spotweb rely on the spotweb website to exist to keep an install running? As long as people post to the usenet group that has all the spot info it should be fine right? I'll be a bit annoyed if I just set this thing up only to see the whole thing whoosh away the same day I got it worked out.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

1000GB block for $38

Highwinds reseller. I'm happy with them.

e: It's not advertised but it should be 1100GB since they give you 10% extra for downloading headers.

Looks like they have another sale on 500gb and 2tb blocks.

500gb = $20

2tb = $70

plus the 10% header allowance.

http://newsgroupdirect.com/signup/

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
edit: you're too kind!

speedtek fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 23, 2013

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

speedtek posted:

Do you still have them? If so, my username at gmail. If not, terribly sorry.

Sorry, no mas :(

MycroftXXX posted:

I now present to you Gang of New York: The Abridged Smiley Version :munch:

:rant: At my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we are met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all who holds sway over the five points: us natives, born rightwise to this fine land, or the foreign hordes defiling it.
:hist101: yarr: YYEAAHH
:catholic: By the ancient laws of combat, I accept the challenge of the so called "natives." They plague our people at every turn, but from this day out, they shall plague us no more. For let it be known, that the hand that tries to strike us from this land shall be swiftly cut down.
:black101: :supaburn: YYYYYYEAH.

Then...you know...they all stab, bash, and generally kill the poo poo out of each other for the rest of the film

The End.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I'm working on my CouchPotato setup, and it seems to have major issues talking to SABnzbd for some reason:

code:
02-22 19:07:45 INFO [hpotato.core.plugins.base] Disabled calls to USERNAME for 15 minutes because so many failed requests.
02-22 19:07:45 ERROR [.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Failed sending release, use API key, NOT the NZB key: Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType
I am using the correct API key, should I just wait 15 min before trying an NZB download again? The thing was that I was seeing this before it said it disabled calls for 15 min

I am using CouchPotato 2.0.6.1 (windows) and SABnzbd 0.5.4 (debian)

EDIT: oh wow my version of SABnzbd is out of date, probably why.

Turd Eater
May 11, 2003

speedtek posted:

Do you still have them? If so, my username at gmail. If not, terribly sorry.

sent

Sticky Profits
Aug 12, 2011
Got invites. Two of them. I'm not clever enough to come up with a fun contest so just PM me your email address and like a picture of a really cool duck or something and one's yours.

Edit: 0 invite(s) remain.

Sticky Profits fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 23, 2013

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I also have two invites so if in the unlikely event that someone doesn't have an account PM your email address. No duck pictures though, I don't roll that way man.

Gone.

And thanks for that.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 23, 2013

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Thanks, you're a cool dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed