Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Defender of Texel

iOS download link
Android download link

What is the game?
A simple mobile online RPG, in which you take pixelated units and use them to kill your enemy. You arrange your units in a 3X3 cube before going out on a mission. During combat you connect 3 units together and send them out for one round of combat. The game focuses a mixture of dungeon diving, boss raids, PVP, and trading.

How annoying is the IAP?
The in application purchases are not really a big deal. You can get all the units, raise your unit limit, and get/buy items through normal game-play. All the IAP does is save you time.

How is the combat?
Most of the time very simple, but it can get deep. You select a line of troops and hopefully they kill your opponent before they die. There are many types of classes units can have but there are currently only 3 that matter; Rogue, Guru, and Champs. Rogues are fast powerful units that can get the first hit, but die easy. Rogues have very low skill cooldowns, often 5/5 rogues can use their skill every turn. Rogues take out teams quickly, but can't take a hit themselves. Champs have high hp and defense and ideally can take a hit from a rogue and kill them in return. Gurus use magic that bypasses defense and can kill champs easily. Warlocks and scouts are terrible forget about them. Currently rogues are overpowered.

How do fusions work?
Fusions do 2 things, give exp or increase self. If you fuse a unit with itself you do a self fusion. A self fusion increases stats, level limit, and lowers skill cooldown at 2/5 and 5/5. If a unit can evolve than it will at 5/5. For these reasons its better to have a mediocre epic at 5/5 then to have the best epic in the game at 0/5. Tier 1 units can evolve up to a rare (and are useless). Tier 2 units can evolve up to an epic. Tier 3 units can evolve up to Legendary.

How can I tell if my unit can evolve?
If there is a staircase looking arrow with a + near the SEF, then your unit can evolve.

Can I spam the thread with my invite code?
I would prefer if you used the google doc

What are texi?
Texi are the in game currency. You can spend them by going to your home page under the “more” button. It is generally best to buy equipment rather than items or voxite. Equipment can be fused with itself to increase the stat boost and the % chance of the skill. Equipment skills and unit skills can be used in the same turn.

What events are there in D.O.T?
There is an event every week to keep us players busy. They go in the order PVP (uses nux bits) -> dungeons -> Raid/ Mob Battles (use nux bits), dungeons -> repeat. They all have a lot of rewards, so even new player can get something useful. PVP tend to have the best rewards. Raid tend to have the worst rewards.

PVP events
Fight other players for points and compete with 9 other players in echelons. Each day that the top 4 players promote to the next echelon. Each echelon has nearly double the rewards of the previous. Avoid any preempt or preempt all rogues. If you know you can't win against a team, let yourself time out that way you keep your streak. If you are not buying Nux it best to wait the first few days out. Let the whale get to the higher echlons and then you can cream the newbies and get 1st place, double promote, get 1st place, double promote, until you catch up with the whales. You get more rewards and spend less nux that way.

Mob/Raid events
Just get into your head now, if you don't have a paragon you are not going to do well on this event. Paragons cost real life money, so if you aren't going to spend a few hundred dollars just sit these out. Paragons tend to have mediocre stats but a huge edge during their event and the raid next event, so they become worthless after about month. The worse part of these event is that you need a few paragons and a lot of nux bits and your reward is..... Another paragon or two. These events are good for gaining about 70 nux bits to use for future PVP event which tend to have much better raid.

During Mob events wait an hour or so before joining a mob. The match maker seems picks people who playing at the same time not by rank. So whale will join mobs ASAP, so if you wait until after the whales to join then you might stand a chance.

Dungeon Events
Here is an awesome detailed howto by Bubble-T
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3535018&perpage=40&pagenumber=84#post418799692

What is the point of the character level?
When you level up get all your energy and BP restored, your unit limit is raise by 1, and receive a reward every 10 levels. The reward is that you can permanently raise the stats of one of your squares in your 3X3 cube by 1%. It seems you can stack the reward up to 10%. Exp reward for a level caps at 1000, while xp slightly increase with harder enemies. It isn't too difficult to level up 2-3 times a day even at higher levels.

How do I get a good stock of nux bits, Aja leaves, bitters and glue?
If you aren't going to pay money then you going to have to take it easy on some events. You are given free Aja leaves and nux bits durning events, so stockpile them during events with terrible rewards. For bitters and glue trade event rares for them.

What is the point of Ikuppi and Banunu (the tree units)
These units are used purely to be fusion fodder, they give extra xp compare to most units. Ikuppi give 50 xp. Banunu give 500 xp.

Trading
You can now trade units! The best way to get good trades is to stock up on event rares during an event and then trading the day they are available for stuff you want. Gold drakes are basically the currency of the game, if you got one of those you can pretty get a rare version or 3 of anything you want. Sometimes the public goes crazy for cool looking but poo poo stat units, take advantage of that.

Here is a helpful trading guide by DolphinCop
here's two separate sets of tiers for units in Defenders of Texel. The first is the prize tiers, where units that are hard to obtain generally have better stats and better trade values. To this end, premium units that can only be found in decent quantities by spending money (like paragons) tend to be worth a little bit more than event leaderboard rewards, which in turn tend to be worth more than event prize rewards (like echelon rewards in pvp and 3 star dungeon rewards in dungeon events).

Then there's the unit type tier, where the actual quality of unit comes into play. Rogues with preempt all are the most valuable, followed roughly by rogues with a single preempt attack, then gurus with a single target attack, then all champions, then multi-target gurus, then warlocks and scouts.

Both tiers factor heavily into trade value, which makes some units a lot more valuable than their stats really warrant. The best example is the evolution line of the Fulmar, which was offered in a cash build a while ago that massively inflated its value even though you can build it out of pixite and voxite easily these days. Generally if you want good trades, pay close attention to the units that are fairly easy to get rares uncommons of but very difficult to SEF higher, due to rarity or premium status. This means Paragons from raid events and specific event units like the Parvaiz and dragon rider from the last event.

Trading Guide by PotatoManJack
1. Right After Event

At the end of any event, all the units associated with that event become unlocked for trade. This leads to a fury of trading with hundreds if not thousands of people all trading the units from the just finished events. During this time you can both take advantage of the frenzy and get more value for your event fighters than they might normally warrant, and you can also potentially get some event fighters for very cheap by quickly scooping up under priced offers that people put up that don't understand the true value of their unit.

2. Fluctuating Market Value

While events are running, and especially right before a particular type of event ends, there's a bit of an ebb and flow in terms of the trading of units. Units that are better for dungeons generally go up in value before a dungeon event, and units that are better for PvP or bosses act similarly right before those types of events start. Related to this, bitters becomes a much more common trading commodity before dungeon events and Nux become more common before PvP/Boss events. You can take advantage of the long term game by playing this market well.

Should I self fusion my units?
Self fusing a unit give it slightly more stats and about 6 more levels. However this is not as powerful as having two- six good units, especially during relic dungeons. relic dungeons give a 240-500% edge to rare units making it better to just have a whole team of rares with edge compare to just 1 epic with a 800% edge. It also better for trading to keep your units at 0/5 rares. Really the only time to self fuse is for a unit you plan on maxing to 5/5.

If you got any more questions either ask here or check out the wiki run by our very own Clocks
http://defenderoftexel.wikia.com/wiki/Defenderoftexel_Wiki

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Why can't I play this game on my iPad? What is this, 2009!?

It looks like a great game, though. Probably the only real kind of strategy game that can be on a screen that small and remain competent. I'll put it on my Android phone later for sure. :)

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I'm a PC user and would like to try your delightful looking game. I know you're not gonna write me a port, but is there an easy way to emulate the hardware I'd need to try this out?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Class up increases your fighter limit by one, fyi.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

What Fun posted:

I'm a PC user and would like to try your delightful looking game. I know you're not gonna write me a port, but is there an easy way to emulate the hardware I'd need to try this out?

BlueStacks is a good bet since it's on Android.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Clocks posted:

Class up increases your fighter limit by one, fyi.
Oh yeah I forgot to put that in, I fixed it.

What Fun posted:

Sorry man, I am not affiliated with the game. I am but a simple player.

Edit: I got my rare rat thing from this PVP event! I was worried I wouldn't get it and it turns I only took 2 days. He has got 1,500 attack at level 27, which is really nice. Though it looks like I am not going to get the uncommon guy, I was rank 3 and then people got an extra 20,000 point in like 2 hours somehow. :argh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 22, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Can't seem to edit the google doc. FWIW my username is Smozi and the invite code is STqz. Coolio~~~

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Ditto on the doc. I'm Aestro, code SmzR!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mozi posted:

Can't seem to edit the google doc. FWIW my username is Smozi and the invite code is STqz. Coolio~~~

Hahaha all the invite codes are mine!!!!... and I just changed it. Sorry I had it on everyone can view and not edit.

Edit: Also if you got multiple device you can give yourself some free swag. The game seems to remember devices so you can't give yourself 105 invites (enough to make a 5/5 epic :v: )

Edit 2: Dang it just missed rank 5 by like 1,000 points. How did everyone else do on the first day of ranked battles?

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 22, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I managed third which I'm quite happy with, was 2nd when i went to bed with five hours to go so could have been much worse.

Is it worth adding an ingame name column to the spreadsheet?

Does your texi income ramp up with your level? I can afford a single item so far so presuming it does looking at the prices of stuff in the market.

I've already thrown $5 at them but with the comments about keeping self fusings going as the xp rewards are so rubbish I am tempted to give more for a bunch of tents, I'm at 64/72 atm at my lowest level of unique units so even just 10 pulls is pita to juggle.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fazana posted:

I managed third which I'm quite happy with, was 2nd when i went to bed with five hours to go so could have been much worse.

Is it worth adding an ingame name column to the spreadsheet?

Does your texi income ramp up with your level? I can afford a single item so far so presuming it does looking at the prices of stuff in the market.

I've already thrown $5 at them but with the comments about keeping self fusings going as the xp rewards are so rubbish I am tempted to give more for a bunch of tents, I'm at 64/72 atm at my lowest level of unique units so even just 10 pulls is pita to juggle.

Meh I'm at level 20 and most my stuff is near max level and I haven't been using self fusions for exp. Though I have been gotten crazy lucky with those banunus.

Also it looks like I'm gonna get destroyed in this next round of ranked battle. I'm 12 levels lower than lowest leveled person in this round. And I'm 60 levels lower than the highest level. :smith:

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
If anyone's looking for an invite code mine is SrbX - add this after the first boss battle and we'll each get a rare

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
On the PvP event, I've noticed there's no penalty for not taking part if you don't like the look of your 3 possible opponents. I'm using this to (slowly) get through the win-streak achievements

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Just hit level 14, my second pvp group doesn't seem too bad, highest is a 24 at echolon 5. I twice got to 15+ win streaks yesterday but then the opposition was always in the 40+ range and I had no chance. My best effort was hilariously derailed at 18 by someone with a level 80 epic hydra/dragon thing.

Is the middle stood slightly forward character in your line of three more likely to get hit? If so I think I'll buy a defence item rather than attack for my first piece of texi gear.

Added myself to the sheet, ingame name is Fazana-SA.

Going to buy more IAP today and blow it on five more tents so I don't have to play the storage minigame anymore.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This is kinda fun, I'm in! Added my invite code to the Google doc and used one of the other unused ones

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It just matched me with a level 36 who had 6 epic units in his formation, I took the weakest looking offering of the three and for the second time today I killed two units but then had a level 40+ burgundy coloured genie/ogre/thingy solo the rest of my formation :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha I just got a SERVER DOWN browser page

So is there any way to totally gently caress yourself early in the game, by messing up fusing or otherwise?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Just stick to self-fusing anything you have multiples of together. And fuse all the fodder (Ikuppi and Banunu) into your best unit to level it up. Works well in the early game at least

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Well uhh, don't fuse any rares or epics you get into something bad! (Unless you're self-fusing them.)

Otherwise there's no real way to screw up. Just keep on keepin' on.

In terms of texi, in later areas you seem to occasionally get higher drops (some groups I've fought in area 2 drop 5-9 texi or so) but you'll typically get an influx from ranking. It'll add up eventually.

Toph
Oct 25, 2004
Don't Panic!
I just started playing. Username Toph. This is a great way to put off all the stuff I have to do.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Might want to change the thread logo :v:

Once I finally run out of the leaves I suspect the levelling pace will drop through the floor unless it throws a few out as bonus drops later on on top of the daily three.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
There are a few things that bug me about this game (PvP matches go easy-easy-medium-impossible, hard to compare units and assemble the team so just use auto) but it's pretty cool and fun I guess. Running out of energy now so I guess that's how it goes.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

SilverMike posted:

BlueStacks is a good bet since it's on Android.

Hey, that's awesome. Thanks!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Assembling the team isn't hard (you can drag units to switch them to make it easier) and I would suggest using auto as a guideline, but not the end-all, later on.

PVP is pretty hard but it also depends on your own units. Yes it will go easy-medium-impossible if you just started. I've been playing for awhile and got to around 58 win streak recently. As time goes by you will get better.

And while there's no way to know their levels etc, if you've faced units or own them yourself you can figure out what they will act like.

e: vvvvvvvvvvvv The invite banner even tells you the max stats of it at level 80. It's not really the greatest epic. It has strong attack/magic but such low HP that an opponent who attacks first can cut through it like paper.

Clocks fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 22, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Alright I got the 10 invite I needed to get the epic! He wasn't as powerful as I hoped, at level 40 he as same strength, double speed, 10x wisdom, but half the hp and defense as the rare PVP rat at level 30. His spell only goes off 10% of the time so I can't relay on the wisdom. However I'm really happy to have him. Also I took my invite code off the first post and doc, so others can try and get it.

Fazana posted:

Might want to change the thread logo :v
Why whats wrong..... Oh my :blush:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 22, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

Assembling the team isn't hard (you can drag units to switch them to make it easier) and I would suggest using auto as a guideline, but not the end-all, later on.

PVP is pretty hard but it also depends on your own units. Yes it will go easy-medium-impossible if you just started. I've been playing for awhile and got to around 58 win streak recently. As time goes by you will get better.

And while there's no way to know their levels etc, if you've faced units or own them yourself you can figure out what they will act like.

e: vvvvvvvvvvvv The invite banner even tells you the max stats of it at level 80. It's not really the greatest epic. It has strong attack/magic but such low HP that an opponent who attacks first can cut through it like paper.

Do you have any other tips to share? I'm definitely interested in some of the strategy, I'm not playing with much at the moment.

Zylon
Sep 21, 2003

Mozi posted:

Do you have any other tips to share? I'm definitely interested in some of the strategy, I'm not playing with much at the moment.

I just started and from what I've seen, you want to fuse/build monsters when you get enough Pixite. The starting common monsters the game gives you at the beginning are garbage (or at least mine where). Dump some of the grey trees into your rare, and as you build more units you'll eventually come upon units that aren't worthless, e.g. units that have more than 80 starting health.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
The rat starts as a common but he has really incredible physical growth for the early stages of the game. You can get plenty of copies to level him to rare just by participating in the event.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah I get that stuff, I was wondering more about which skills are useful where, how much element stuff matters, how to optimize your energy and boss points, that sort of thing. I'm running out of BP reups after a lot of PvP so if there's an efficient way to approach that as well I'd like to hear it. Also, in Puzzle and Dragons for instance, the best way to spend money is on expanding the amount of monsters you can have. I'm guessing that's handy here too (the pavilions)?

Mozi fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 23, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Tiramisu posted:

The rat starts as a common but he has really incredible physical growth for the early stages of the game. You can get plenty of copies to level him to rare just by participating in the event.

Indeed, just got mine to Rare level, and oh my, it literally is a beast. It was instantly moved to main tank position and with a shield equipped defends pretty well plus counter attacks mightily.

Heading off for the night in second again with a 4k cushion, probably won't be enough.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Mozi posted:

Yeah I get that stuff, I was wondering more about which skills are useful where, how much element stuff matters, how to optimize your energy and boss points, that sort of thing. I'm running out of BP reups after a lot of PvP so if there's an efficient way to approach that as well I'd like to hear it. Also, in Puzzle and Dragons for instance, the best way to spend money is on expanding the amount of monsters you can have. I'm guessing that's handy here too (the pavilions)?

Elements are named signs in D.O.T. They matter in certain elemental dungeons where each day a certain sign gets an EDGE. I explained EDGE before, but EDGE is basically a +% to all of a unit's stats (usually something like 200% or more for rares). It's easy to tell you have an EDGE because it will say so on your units and their stats will be in red. So in those dungeons, having, say, a water sign may give units an edge. The species -- Hemi, Xana, Theri, also occasionally give EDGE bonuses during events, but otherwise don't seem to matter except for lore/fluff. Current event doesn't have an EDGE but you'll see it in play later.

Let's see, some tips. Units typically fall into a few categories. There are really fast units (that typically have a preempt skill) that typically also have a low attack. This can be fixed a bit by giving them a +attack weapon. There are magic/mage units which typically have high magic (and usually speed) but low hit points. These units usually start with 40% skill proc, which can go up to 70% with self-fusing. They're strong, but somewhat unreliable and typically easy to kill. Then there are tanky, high-damage units. They typically have high hit points (or defense) and attack, but low speed, so sometimes they get killed before they can attack anyone else.

So in PVP events, the best team is at least one line that is both really fast and powerful, so that it can kill most of the opponent without them killing you. Then you can follow that up with more heavy hitters. There was one event awhile back that favored composing different teams. There were three bosses, two of which had gimmicky moves, that could be killed best if you had a mostly magic team or mostly fast + high HP team. So most units have some sort of use eventually.

You can use up to 10 aja leaves a day, or unlimited bitters (which can be bought from the store). Otherwise, your energy refills every five hours or whenever you class up. So if you're close to classing up, you may want to do that instead of forgetting about it and classing up when you have 90 energy stored, as you'll have wasted that energy. I don't really have advice for nux bit/aja leaf usage. You typically get a few as a daily log in and through other rewards. You can either save them to spend them on a different event, or try using them all on this one, it's up to you.

This game's IAP is really friendly compared to other similar games I've played. So far I've spent $2 on units (the $1 premium special offer for your first build, and one of the events had a similar thing going on with a $1 first build) and I own about 5 pavilions. Space is limited, so what I do is fill up my inventory with ikkupi or bannunu, and then open up all my pixite/voxite/doxite/whatever, which then all go to my cache. Then, whenever my cache builds up 6 of the same unit, I clear my inventory and pick up those units and fuse them together at once, so that they don't take up all my space. You can make inventory management easier for yourself by buying a bunch of pavilions, though. I wouldn't really recommend buying premium builds unless there's a promotion going on (there usually is, but not always). There was once an event build that had a 20% chance for epics, and occasionally they do 3x epic chance, or something similar, so if you're going to spend money, then is the time. If you want to compete in an event, you can buy bitters or nux instead, but that's getting into $30+ spending which not everyone may be willing to do.

If people have questions I'm happy to answer them here or in-game (clocksprocket). If my long rambling posts aren't that helpful though, I'll stop, haha.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Please don't stop!

That info alone about the "types" of unit is something not covered very well in-game, if at all. I can see that being hella useful once I round out a decent first nine and learn to recognise the opposition unit types more. For example knowing the three you face are slow plodders so you send in the fast chaps to put on the early hurt on them could be a game changer in some battles! I admit I've just been spamming the same moves for 99% of the game so far, from tomorrow that will change for pvp at least.

That makes me think actually, are there any rewards/leagues etc for pvp when this kind of event isn't running?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah, thanks man! Great info.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I believe elements are basic jut a +/- on stats and the edge thing. So fire units seems to have more attack and less speed compared to wind units.

Fazana posted:

That makes me think actually, are there any rewards/leagues etc for pvp when this kind of event isn't running?
PVP during non-event time cost no bp and gives you a 5-10 taxi reward.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

1 texi if you lose, 5 texi if you win, I think.

Might as well dump some more interesting information:

You can buy gear at the texi exchange, and it comes in common, uncommon, and rare (the sawtooth) varieties. Gear can be self-fused together, up to 5/5 SEF (but it can't be evolved). Gear also has skills. Common gear starts at +100 to a stat and 10% chance for a novice skill, and at 5/5 SEF give +250 to a stat and 30% chance to proc the skill. A 5/5 SEF common weapon costs 1800 texi to get. Uncommon gear starts at +200 to a stat and goes up to +500 to a stat with a 30% chance to proc the skill. This costs 6000 texi in total, though. The 3000 texi weapon gives +500 attack and has an elite smash skill, and can be fused up to +1250. Most people go for extra attack weapons, but having + speed gear or even + defense gear can be helpful as well. Those have the chance to proc preempt (attack when line forms) or counter (attack after being attacked) which you can put on heavy hitters for a small advantage.

Sorting options. There are quite a lot of these, and they are quite versatile. You can search by rarity, attack, speed, newest, SEF level, etc etc. If you're fusing or looking to fuse things, you can select "self-fusable" and it will give you a list of fighters you have more than one copy of. Then you can do the same under the "fuse" screen to quickly fuse things together. If an event has a sign or species edge, you can sort by that sign or species to see which units you have, and so on. "Power fodders" will show you only ikkupi and banunu, which are the two things you should be fusing into your units to give you experience (don't fuse random commons into other commons -- they don't give much experience).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have been I only decent role for PVP, I am up to 30 wins in a row. I have been fighting level 100+ people, but still doing well against them. Here is my strategies:
  • Start with a high attack quick speed team. Taking out 1 or 2 enemy units in the first round and you have won the match.
  • Look for team with the most commons, then uncommons, then rares. The lower the rarity of their cards the more likely they will be weak
  • Look for slow monsters. Again winning that first round is key.
  • Tier 1 knights, such as ashtad/artchsharta, etty/gatha, laleh/lila, ehsan/faridoon, have lower hp and defense they make good targets.
  • Tier 1 Harpys also have low hp and defense and make good targets
  • Monsters given away at other events tend to be bad targets because it is easier to get a high self fusion on them. Watch for those fairies with shield, scorpions, guy with sword and staff.
  • 0/5 self fusion spell caster are great targets. 5/5 self fusion spellcaster are terrible targets. I generally guess the self fusion based on level. 40 or below low self fusions.
  • Watch out for the headless knights (uncommon version) or their evolved version. They got high hp,attack, and defense.
  • Watch out for units with crossbow or centaurs with bows. These units are very fast and have a ton of attack.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Mozi posted:

Thanks. In as LemoniKing, my invite code is SVda.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
Someone mentioned backing out of a PVP challenge, if the opponent is too high a level. I tried doing this, after which I was told I had x minutes to fight someone else to keep up my combo.

I think this is a cruel joke, or I'm just really loving unlucky. Up until that point, I was getting defenders like three times per map. Once I backed out, though? I went through two entire maps, not a single defender. drat game knew I was playing it safe and punished me for it.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
This is the first iOS game I've ever tried and it's ok so far. Freezes a bit to much but it seems like it'll be fun to putz around with when I have a few minuets to kill. I'm cheapfreedrinks on the goog-doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
OK, so I jumped the gun. Looks like the game didn't kill my combo, after all. I ended up ranking #1 in echelon 6 and getting bumped to echelon 4. This is the first time the game's got me feeling competitive :)

• Locked thread