Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 269 is out. I have to say Frankenstein might be the greatest character in any manga/manhwa I've read. The only thing that trumps Frankenstein is Rai in terms of sheer badassness but he is sort of a Dues Ex Machina. I can't wait for this series to deliver on all of its promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
Breaker New Waves 103

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo that was pretty cool.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sarcophallus posted:

Holy poo poo that was pretty cool.

Holy poo poo is right.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Yeah, Kanjite Knight is basically on loop in my head at this point.

McNubcakes
Apr 4, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Holy poo poo is right.

Well, it's about goddamn time!!
Also, can't wait for the next one, same as the last couple.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
About goddamn time is right. :black101::black101::black101::black101::black101:

Now watch him kill half his clan when they try to restrain him. :negative:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I feel like I should catch up BNW. I stopped following it something like 20 chapters ago. I assume it's gotten exciting?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Elysiume posted:

I feel like I should catch up BNW. I stopped following it something like 20 chapters ago. I assume it's gotten exciting?

Shioon is ripping and tearing

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
As cathartic as this chapter was, I really wish they would stop with the whole broken ki-center bullshit. It was cool at the end of Breakers, and the whole saga of getting it fixed in B:NW made sense and it was pretty fun. But it's been going on long enough, and now that it's almost fixed, I really don't appreciate more dangling 'is it gonna break again or not' poo poo. Especially since there are really only two possible outcomes: 1) it's a hollow threat because he's the loving protagonist and he can't be the protagonist anymore if it's 100% impossible to fix or 2) it breaks again 'irrevocably' but that turns out to be bullshit when he gets it fixed for the second time. Please, let's move on. It's not like there's a lack of things to get to in the plot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh no, Shioon is being awesome! We must stop him at all costs!

And then they will stop him, returning Shioon to the crippled kung-fu status quo. Ah well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
How do you guys manage to complain or think at all when Shiwoon literally punches some dude into the ceiling and down a hallway and through a loving door?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I seriously doubt he's actually going to break his ki-center or lose his power again. I think he'll come out of this better than ever before, albeit probably pretty bruised and bloody. Maybe he'll be kinda down and mopey about what happened to the one elder dude at the school, but I really can't see this starting over from square one again.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

How do you guys manage to complain or think at all when Shiwoon literally punches some dude into the ceiling and down a hallway and through a loving door?

Because we want Shiwoon to continue rampage like this for the rest of his days but we know that in chapter or two we will be back to him doing nothing :(

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

I think anybody who's still reading at this point has the dream of Shioon getting to rip and tear forever living deeply in their heart.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Cynic Jester posted:

Rip and tear, Shioon. Rip and tear.

Yessssssssssssss

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Honestly I found the short interlude to Elder Kwon to be the most thoughtful part of the chapter. BS about his spirit center aside, that Elder Kwon could set his focus on the head even when just informed one of his fellow Elders, a man who he was probably at least somewhat close to, is dead? Elder Kwon is a steel hearted motherfucker, and Shioon is fortunate to have him trying to look out for him and the clan now.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Bernardo Orel posted:

Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School 18. So this is what people talk about when they mention elephants in the room... :v:

Why doesn't this update more :negative:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
New waves 104

A flashback? Really? Talk about loving the pacing over completely. Ugh.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Well, it's pretty relevant to why Shiwoon's Ki Center won't be hosed, probably, so I can cope.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I don't think the Extreme Plateau is really about the ki center, but I'm not sure. I think it is more similar to the Black Heaven and Earth technique from what I'm seeing. I don't think the bald dude's master broke his ki center, just knocked him unconscious so he could prevent his student from following him into hiding. What it is showing is that the bald guy and 9Arts/Shioon are in almost exactly the same situation. The Murim wanted a technique from them and they refused to provide it and their masters ended up killing themselves/going into hiding which led them to hate the Murim. The bald guy and 9Arts are fighting the Murim and Shioon is sort of in a weird spot but I'm sure his solution would attempt to be peaceful because that's always been his shtick.

Edit: Bald guy's master is actually Un-Wol who was 9Arts' master too. Bald guy got trained before Un-Wol is exiled and then 9Arts gets trained while he is exiled, I assume it is then the same exact technique. Actually though bald guy wasn't taught the final part where as 9Arts and Shioon were.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 8, 2013

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lyon posted:

I don't think the bald dude's master broke his ki center, just knocked him unconscious so he could prevent his student from following him into hiding.

I don't think he broke the center of his Ki, but it has to be more than just knocking him unconscious. http://www.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-new-waves/104/15

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your problem is that you are using lovely MangaPanda/MangaCow scans which are horrible at translation, either because they translate way off base at times and too literally at others.

The original script reads:
사부님... 혀... 혈을...?

It's most likely referring to the practice of 점혈(點穴). 점혈법 is the practice of stabbing / hitting people in certain points of their body to knock them out, paralyze them or even kill them. You know, pressure points, acupuncture points, whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_point

It sees a lot of usage in martial arts stories.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Chapter of Noblesse

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's the greatest Frankenstein moment in the entire series.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Sindai posted:

That's the greatest Frankenstein moment in the entire series.

Which, let's be honest, is a pretty loving high bar at this point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Noblesse 272

It'll be nice to finally see what a true werewolf can do.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Newest chapter of Breaker New Waves is out. The last page is pretty :black101: and presumably allows the author to end this fight without Shion destroying all the cops incoming.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

Newest chapter of Breaker New Waves is out. The last page is pretty :black101: and presumably allows the author to end this fight without Shion destroying all the cops incoming.

gently caress the pigs!

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I've just posted a thread on Magician, a manhwa everyone should be reading.

Check it out!

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Death Bot posted:

Why doesn't this update more :negative:

Speaking of

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The modern day Shakespeare.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Noblesse 273

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Anyone else hoping that Frankenstein takes him in as his protege? I could see those two doing terrible things together and it would be absolutely wonderful.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tornhelm posted:

Anyone else hoping that Frankenstein takes him in as his protege? I could see those two doing terrible things together and it would be absolutely wonderful.

Who the little bad guy kid?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Lyon posted:

Who the little bad guy kid?

Rael Kertia. He's the one with the splintered off soul weapons and the crush on Seira.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tornhelm posted:

Rael Kertia. He's the one with the splintered off soul weapons and the crush on Seira.

Frankenstein could definitely teach him to badmouth properly, at least :v:

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Frankenstein's consistently great, but I'm a fan of every instance where fake M-24 punches the poo poo out of either the school or M-21. Maybe his movement's just well drawn, or I get a kick out of seeing someone that big move that fast, but I'm enjoying that fight so far.

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
Breaker 107

Looks like Gramps aint done yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Rinseh posted:

Breaker 107

Looks like Gramps aint done yet.

Noooo let him gently caress that guy up gramps!