Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Travic posted:

Sorry it isn't any of these. :( Is there another band named Proteus?

The first album by Saints of Eden is called Proteus. Otherwise, there's a jazz group called Proteus 7, an underground UK artists who's only credit on allmusic is a Hawkwind tribute album, and an electronica artist called Proteus, but he doesn't sound like metal at all. If you're sure it's called Proteus, Saints of Eden is probably your best bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
This song was in the Sound City movie. I love it. But I have no clue who made it. Who can help me?

Pogobubba
Jan 3, 2010

Ninja fetus posted:

This song was in the Sound City movie. I love it. But I have no clue who made it. Who can help me?

This sounds very familiar to me and I think it may be in my collection? I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find it. I'm curious about this one as well now.

alcoholiday
Apr 25, 2008

Ela posted:

That vacuum cleaner really gives the song a nice effect..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wtQgboP70

Much better!

Ended up finding it anyway, but just wanted to say thanks.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
There's a music video from one of those Japanese idol groups in which the girls do this thing where they have to make a certain pose to fit through these moving walls with silhouettes cut in them. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Kevin DuBrow posted:

There's a music video from one of those Japanese idol groups in which the girls do this thing where they have to make a certain pose to fit through these moving walls with silhouettes cut in them. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Not sure about the group, but from the description I can't help but wonder if the concept of the video isn't some reference to The Enigma Of Amigara Fault

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
More than likely taking inspiration from this.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.
I need help finding what I think is a Korean cover of a song.

Not sure what the original song is, all's I can remember is it is synth/keyboard/electro heavy, is sung by a woman (although effect heavy) and last time i heard it was about four years ago on youtube.

I know that isn't alot to go on, sorry.

tentril
May 9, 2012

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Perfume - Voice

The part you're talking about is around halfway through the video.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Searching for a song, female singer, I want to say Gwen Stefani or No doubt, but it definitely sounds like her. It was a fast rock type song, Chorus has fast singing where it's like the singing was too fast for me to hear anything.

Words
oh whoa oh oh whoa oh
words
oh whoa oh whoa oh

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Tipme posted:

Words
oh whoa oh oh whoa oh
words
oh whoa oh whoa oh

I would assume it would be Paramore - Whoa or possibly if there were also male singers involved Forever the Sickest Kids ft. Selena Gomez - Whoa Oh.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I'm at wits end trying to identify this song. It showed up on my computer a few years ago, and I have no recollection of downloading it. Nobody I've played it for knows what this song is. Google can't find the lyrics at all. I've even tried this thread before to no avail, but am trying again. The only clue that I have is that its "money.mp3"

Other lyrics include:

quote:

It's just what money wants
And I really can't decide
It's just what money gives
That's got me shaking side to side

I've got you figured out
I really know what it's all about
Why don't you shut your mouth
Why don't you really shut your mouth
I love this song and would love to hear more, but the drat thing doesn't seem to exist.

Moai Ou fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 23, 2013

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I remember having this cassette as a young kid. It had an astronaut on the cover, and was something along the lines of 'Sounds of Space' or Space Music' or something. I remember most songs were very calm and mellow, and supposed to sound very space-like.

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

I remember having this cassette as a young kid. It had an astronaut on the cover, and was something along the lines of 'Sounds of Space' or Space Music' or something. I remember most songs were very calm and mellow, and supposed to sound very space-like.

Did it have this cover?

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Or possibly this classic. Well worth having, even if it's not the one.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

skycake posted:

I would assume it would be Paramore - Whoa or possibly if there were also male singers involved Forever the Sickest Kids ft. Selena Gomez - Whoa Oh.

Nah it's not that paramore song or has guys singing. The "Oh whoa oh" part is kind of higher pitch than the paramore song, and faster. I'm just realizing how dumb this is, searching for the lyrics I know and I only get Big time rush, demi lovato and other disney artists as results. Still, the only helpful thing I can come up with is it sounds like Gwen Stefani.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

This song has been rattling around in my head for awhile. I think it's something to do with working, or Russia, or both. The song itself has a sort of rhythmic clanging throughout and I remember it being sang by a male with a high voice, perhaps. It's quite famous, I think, and I seem to remember it being on old bugs bunny stuff a bit. Here is a rubbish version.

edit:

And whilst I'm thinking here is a bit of a song I've been meaning to find for about seven years, though I can't seem to find it existing anywhere else besides my computer.

edit 2:

Thanks! VVVVVVVVVV

justcola fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 24, 2013

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

justcola posted:

This song has been rattling around in my head for awhile. I think it's something to do with working, or Russia, or both. The song itself has a sort of rhythmic clanging throughout and I remember it being sang by a male with a high voice, perhaps. It's quite famous, I think, and I seem to remember it being on old bugs bunny stuff a bit.

Can't help with the second one, but is the first from Giuseppe Verdi's "Il Trovatore"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMHCzoneuM&t=60s

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

justcola posted:

This song has been rattling around in my head for awhile. I think it's something to do with working, or Russia, or both. The song itself has a sort of rhythmic clanging throughout and I remember it being sang by a male with a high voice, perhaps. It's quite famous, I think, and I seem to remember it being on old bugs bunny stuff a bit. Here is a rubbish version.

This one sounds a lot like Verdi's Anvil Chorus?

edit: wow was I ever beaten. However, here is the song in Tiny Toon Adventures form

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 23, 2013

Chakattack!
May 23, 2004
95% Cheesecake
I found this song that someone actually posted on the forum ages ago - now I can't remember the artist/song name and it's driving me nuts.

It's a dancey/techno track that's a mix of loads of popular tunes, the ones I can remember being Madonna's Hung Up On You, a Daft Punk track, Martin Solveig's Boys & Girls. The video had a super nerdy looking tall guy dancing whilst the background location changed, eventually he's joined by a girl who dances with him.

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Chakattack! posted:

I found this song that someone actually posted on the forum ages ago - now I can't remember the artist/song name and it's driving me nuts.

It's a dancey/techno track that's a mix of loads of popular tunes, the ones I can remember being Madonna's Hung Up On You, a Daft Punk track, Martin Solveig's Boys & Girls. The video had a super nerdy looking tall guy dancing whilst the background location changed, eventually he's joined by a girl who dances with him.

Madeon - Pop Culture

Chakattack!
May 23, 2004
95% Cheesecake
Amazing, thank you so much! :)

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Thread always delivers, thanks.

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

skycake posted:

Did it have this cover?

Holy poo poo, yeah, that's it! Thank you! How in the world did you find that?

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Does anyone know what Venetian Snares song closes this podcast (around 1:01:50)? Every lyrics fragment I tried googling turned up nothing.

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Maha posted:

Does anyone know what Venetian Snares song closes this podcast (around 1:01:50)? Every lyrics fragment I tried googling turned up nothing.

Venetian Snares - Hand Throw

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Thank you!

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Tipme posted:

Searching for a song, female singer, I want to say Gwen Stefani or No doubt, but it definitely sounds like her. It was a fast rock type song, Chorus has fast singing where it's like the singing was too fast for me to hear anything.

Words
oh whoa oh oh whoa oh
words
oh whoa oh whoa oh

I have a feeling I'm gonna know this but can't quite pin down the tune that's in my head. Two songs that kinda match your ohs and whoas are Disparate Youth by Santigold: http://youtu.be/mIMMZQJ1H6E (around 1min) and Gold Lion by Yeah Yeah Yeahs: http://youtu.be/XNKSuGVd7Tc (around 1.30ish). Neither are super fast, though so I'm probably wrong. Yeah Yeah Yeahs'll have plenty of other songs with ohs and whoas and Karen O sounds a wee bit like Gwen Stefani. You got any other clues?

EDIT: The chorus of Standing In The Way of Control by Gossip kinda matches too: http://youtu.be/opWBRRCTDXg (around 1 min)

Tenterhooks fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 26, 2013

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This one should be obvious, but I haven't eaten yet today and it's loving bothering me.

70s-style classic rock, sounds like Foreigner, song opens with heavily phased piano, lyrics are stereotypically all about a girl who's playing games and something about chains.

I am going to kick myself so hard when it's identified.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Allen Wren posted:

This one should be obvious, but I haven't eaten yet today and it's loving bothering me.

70s-style classic rock, sounds like Foreigner, song opens with heavily phased piano, lyrics are stereotypically all about a girl who's playing games and something about chains.

Wild stab, but is it possible you misheard "Chains"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZ1aD8nYEk

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I just heard Giggly Smile by Faust for the first time, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MyxC76M5B4, but I swear I've heard it before in a movie or something. Is there a good database for soundtracks?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

YouDummy posted:

Wild stab, but is it possible you misheard "Chains"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZ1aD8nYEk

Nope, totally not. Too many synths in this, the guitar is too clean, and it doesn't start with phased piano. That is literally the only thing at the beginning of the song.

edit: Also, I want to say it's a real four-on-the-floor stomper, it's got a cowbell keeping time and everything.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Allen Wren posted:

Nope, totally not. Too many synths in this, the guitar is too clean, and it doesn't start with phased piano. That is literally the only thing at the beginning of the song.

edit: Also, I want to say it's a real four-on-the-floor stomper, it's got a cowbell keeping time and everything.

Whatchoo mean by phased piano?

My guess is Fleetwood Mac - The Chain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1iuSmZHcwY

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nope. Male vocalists, plural, not Lindsey and Stevie and Christine.

And I mean piano that has been run through a phaser or flanger.

I've checked the website of the radio station where I heard it and their playlists are four days behind. Goddamn it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

If there's one thing The Chain needs it's more cowbell

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Allen Wren posted:

Hope you got your rear end-kicking boots on:

Jefferson Starship - Jane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmrMMYpQL4

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress.

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tipme posted:

Words
oh whoa oh oh whoa oh
words
oh whoa oh whoa oh

Well, I don't know how much it sounds like Gwen Stefani, but that reminds me of the chorus to Sleater-Kinney's Entertain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbxRu7fwR24

loam pup
Jun 27, 2009

go to bread ☃
does anyone know where the guitar sample in this track is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zImCOTNdIi8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

There's this song I heard years ago, it was from some two man indie-pop group with a chick and a dude and the song was made from everyday sounds. The music video was a stop motion of the things that they used to make the song. It had chimes and poo poo.