Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

That loving Sned posted:

It's funny. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's not.

mods take this post and replace every post on the last page with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
gently caress we're still talking about this? Call me when there's another gay sonic

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Goatse Master posted:

I guess what bothers me is that whenever anybody criticizes LB they just have to do it in a way that sounds so incredibly drat condescending. There may not be bitterness or hate or anything but the feelings of hauteur are just dripping of the page, and it really puts me off.

I suppose it's only natural when looking at a version of the person you used to be. If you feel you've grown, you feel you're superior to your old self, and when faced with a facsimile, it's hard not to position yourself as older and wiser.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

I was pretty excited to see there were some new posts since I last checked. Then I checked them. What the gently caress is wrong with some of you people? If you aren't at least in this to see what happens to Rob you can get the hell outta here.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The best thing about the comic is how it uses established characters. There's never been a cartoon with both Tom and Sylvester in it, but they have such great chemistry that you could believe that's how the original characters would have acted together.

This is especially true with Silver, who besides his awesome theme music in Sonic 06, was just a completely bland recolour. In TGT, we see his skills at leadership, deception, and his awkward attempts at romance.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

That loving Sned posted:

The best thing about the comic is how it uses established characters. There's never been a cartoon with both Tom and Sylvester in it, but they have such great chemistry that you could believe that's how the original characters would have acted together.

This is especially true with Silver, who besides his awesome theme music in Sonic 06, was just a completely bland recolour. In TGT, we see his skills at leadership, deception, and his awkward attempts at romance.

The only thing missing is Silvers ability to throw people straight up into the air and kill them and his ability to completely ignore the mercy invincibility when someone gets hit.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I don't really know why, but I quite like seeing reasonable debate on the nature of a crazy comic like this. It's so sensible and refined, taking into account everyone's point of view in a way no other subject really gets.

Then there are the gay trolls who are hatin' on the dudes who are discussing a comic in a thread devoted to the comic. If you only want to read the comic, maybe you should go to that one site someone set up with all the pages?

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
But then we would miss out on giving LB sick burns for being soooo craaaazy! We're so much more progressive than him, aren't we guys?
Guys?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I get it, since the comic itself is getting more wordy the thread is too. Very meta!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

For everyone on the last pages derail. From this person???

http://osakaqcvow.deviantart.com/art/Goony-rear end-goons-329456503'

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Redeadagain posted:

But then we would miss out on giving LB sick burns for being soooo craaaazy! We're so much more progressive than him, aren't we guys?
Guys?

We can't all be progressive you know! Thanks for rubbing it in you monster. :qq:
I'm incapable of making anything good for this thread anyways. :emo:

Plutonis posted:

For everyone on the last pages derail. From this person???

http://osakaqcvow.deviantart.com/art/Goony-rear end-goons-329456503'

It reminds me of that sad native-american anti-littering thing. :allears:

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
"I will give you pain dog" :smugdog:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'm not gonna :snoop: down to you level either Ronald

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

because
you're not
worth it.. I'm
doing what
sonic would
have done

:drat:

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This was a pretty decent page. Everyone acted as you'd expect, Cheetoman is angry, Kermit is calm, and Tails actually remembers Sonic and thinks of what he would do, something we haven't seen in a good while.
Poetic Ronald feels kinda out of place but then again, this is TGT we're talking about.

I'm really getting curious about the red sky. I wonder how far the red stretches.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Not sure how much Sonic would approve of weed but I'm sure he's smiling down on Tails right now from zombie heaven.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

WWSD

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Plutonis posted:

From this person???

What's with the question marks?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

What's with the question marks?

That person hasn't been unlocked yet.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Fourth panel comma is wonderfully placed

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is that really what Sonic would have done? The same Sonic that literally stabbed Eggman in the back after getting what he wanted? Well, I guess Tails doesn't know about that, so Sonic is still a paragon of virtue to him.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

ThatPazuzu posted:

"I will give you pain dog" :smugdog:

I think Pain Dog is what I'm going to call Demaro's guardian monster thing he was riding around on.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tails is a jerk.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Phlegmish posted:

Is that really what Sonic would have done? The same Sonic that literally stabbed Eggman in the back after getting what he wanted? Well, I guess Tails doesn't know about that, so Sonic is still a paragon of virtue to him.

Also consider that Tails is super goddamn stoned right now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm not gonna to snoop down to your level.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What are clowns?

We just don't know.

ding

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

I am Reverend posted:

Also consider that Tails is super goddamn stoned right now.

Tails can probably see Sonic right now. Multiple Sonic's. Of different colors.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

scarycave posted:

Tails can probably see Sonic right now. Multiple Sonic's. Of different colors.

No, Shadow and Silver are nowhere near the Defenders' HQ :v:

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I like how Tails' decision to spare Ronald hearkens back to the beginning where there was conflict between Sonic and Shadow over the fact that Sonic would always spare Eggman rather than kill him and end all their worries.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

Seriously, this single panel is absolutely glorious.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Sonic only did that because Shadow was goading him about it early on in the comic.

We can never forget the true heroism he dealt out before it all went to poo poo :911:

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 25, 2013

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
TGT is to webcomics and fanfiction as Lil B is to the rap game. It's as simple as that.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Phlegmish posted:

and look what happened when Sonic did stab Eggman, he went all evil/dark and got himself killed. that's what.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

TGT is to webcomics and fanfiction as Lil B is to the rap game. It's as simple as that.

I'd also argue you could say what Daniel Johnston is to music.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I swear I've seen that facial expression earlier.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Mutation posted:

It's a smile.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mutation posted:

It does bear a certain resemblance to one of the most famous panels:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

FadingChord posted:

It does bear a certain resemblance to one of the most famous panels:

That image kinda makes me think that as impressive as LBs artistic improvement has been, it was the original wonky artwork that gave the comic a lot of its charm for me personally.