Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SilentChaz posted:

The We Hate Movies gang is planning on getting to Caddyshack II at some point. They were asked about it on Twitter today and said it was on the list.

During viewer request month I want to see them do Foodfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

During viewer request month I want to see them do Foodfight.

Already called their WHM hotline and made that request. I think they're going to actually be in tears if they do it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Already called their WHM hotline and made that request. I think they're going to actually be in tears if they do it.

I plan on doing that too. I was really hoping they were going to do it during worst of 2012 month.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

I plan on doing that too. I was really hoping they were going to do it during worst of 2012 month.

What would make Foodfight perfect is that there is just so god drat much to talk about. There are no lulls or moments they could skip, it's a never ending fountain of insanity. If it's not glorifying rampant consumerism, it's being racist, if it's not being racist it's shoving CGI animated crotch in your face if they aren't doing that you have the worst puns ever. It's incredible.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Sporadic posted:

I'm listening to it now and it's one of their better episodes. No crazy screaming over each other. No missing basic plot points. It's everyone basically going :stonk: for the entire episode.

Plus Nothing But Trouble deserves that type of reaction. That movie is loving nuts.

June's question when the inbred sibling showed up was a great, 'Are...are..they...human?

Also, been listening to a lot of We Hate Movies lately and I got to give them props for not using loaded terms, like gay, human being or bitch etc. I don't think they ever refer to an unlikeable female characters as a 'oval office', for example.

I know this seems like a small thing but since the internet can be such fountain of hate a lot of the times, so it's nice to know that these guys can restrain themselves when they don't have to. I also like the way they quickly bring up suicide whenever they discussed what they would do if they found themselves trapped in a character's predicament :v:. Don't give up that quickly, guys!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

davidHalestorm posted:

June's question when the inbred sibling showed up was a great, 'Are...are..they...human?

Also, been listening to a lot of We Hate Movies lately and I got to give them props for not using loaded terms, like gay, human being or bitch etc. I don't think they ever refer to an unlikeable female characters as a 'oval office', for example.

I know this seems like a small thing but since the internet can be such fountain of hate a lot of the times, so it's nice to know that these guys can restrain themselves when they don't have to. I also like the way they quickly bring up suicide whenever they discussed what they would do if they found themselves trapped in a character's predicament :v:. Don't give up that quickly, guys!

Or how long until they stop dealing with a crazy woman’s invisible child/bullshit!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

Or how long until they stop dealing with a crazy woman’s invisible child/bullshit!

God the rant about just giving zero fucks about the Nurse Jackie kind of stories warmed my heart.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

God the rant about just giving zero fucks about the Nurse Jackie kind of stories warmed my heart.

You mean Life of Tara bullshit?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I've been getting into Yeah, It's That Bad recently and I have to say this might be my favorite bad movie podcast by far. The editing is kind of weird at times but not too obtrusive. I also actually like the viewer submissions a lot better than the ones on HDTGM (do they even still do those?) and the movie selection is quite diverse.

I've only heard Hollow Man and a few others but that was enough to sell me on it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
HDTGM viewer submissions were moved to the mini-episodes.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
WHM did Freejack this week. I lost it right about the time they bone jacked Kennedy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OK Octopus posted:

WHM did Freejack this week. I lost it right about the time they bone jacked Kennedy.

How about all the talk of Mike the cleaner?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The mashup to end this weeks HDTGM mini episode is pretty great. It's like everything that is wrong with the show but also great at the same time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I've been going through the WHM backlog and good lord is the Dracula 2000 episode incredible. I couldn't breathe at two separate points.

Serious question: Do you think there is room for another Bad Movies podcast out there? I have wanted to start one for some time not knowing that there even was a world of trash cinema podcasting until about a month ago. What would you like to see in a bad movie podcast or what about the ones that exist do you not like?

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

weekly font posted:

I've been going through the WHM backlog and good lord is the Dracula 2000 episode incredible. I couldn't breathe at two separate points.

Serious question: Do you think there is room for another Bad Movies podcast out there? I have wanted to start one for some time not knowing that there even was a world of trash cinema podcasting until about a month ago. What would you like to see in a bad movie podcast or what about the ones that exist do you not like?

Never too many bad movie podcasts. Focus on the material - have plenty of trivia. You could try a gimmick, but be sure the movies come first. Also, don't start unless you're relatively sure you can update on a regular schedule and be prepared to take criticism, because people on the internet love getting pissed off at things they get for free.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
There's entirely too much WHM and HDTGM chatter in this thread and not enough Flophouse discussion.

Seriously, The Flophouse is hilarious. Check it out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NotWearingPants posted:

There's entirely too much WHM and HDTGM chatter in this thread and not enough Flophouse discussion.

I love that Oogieloves literally drove them insane.

"So a vacuum cleaner wants to have sex with a window, ok"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

weekly font posted:

Aside from the normal rules of knowing how to take criticism and basic technical stuff, it may help to have a gimmick, like staying with horror, doing something like YITB or something to try and make you stand out.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

OK Octopus posted:

Never too many bad movie podcasts. Focus on the material - have plenty of trivia. You could try a gimmick, but be sure the movies come first. Also, don't start unless you're relatively sure you can update on a regular schedule and be prepared to take criticism, because people on the internet love getting pissed off at things they get for free.

I feel the opposite way. I don't really care much about the movies. I listen for the comedy, in the same way that I listen to the Reality Show Show and I never watch reality shows. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with OK Octopus' sentiments and I'm sure other people may feel the same way as he does. People obviously listen for different reasons, but if you want listeners who feel like I do make it funny or don't bother.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

weekly font posted:

What would you like to see in a bad movie podcast or what about the ones that exist do you not like?

I hate We Hate Movies because it sounds like two dumb kids riffing in mom's basement. Its not funny, its not interesting and it doesn't provide me, the listener, with any value. Remember, your podcast is a product and you want other people to consume that product. Don't be lazy and think you can riff on the fly; prepare your material in advance. Also, learn when to drop a bit. If something isn't funny the first time you say it, it isn't going to be funny the fiftieth time. Pull what comedy you can out of an idea and then move on. Finally, and most importantly, don't do impressions. I don't know you, I've never heard your voice, but you don't sound like Yoda, Christopher Walker, Sean Connery, Christophe Waltz, John Wayne, Elvis, Samuel L. Jackson, Truimph the Hand Puppet Dog or whoever you want to do an impression of. Its not funny, its just tiresome.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Irish Joe posted:

I hate We Hate Movies because it sounds like two dumb kids riffing in mom's basement. Its not funny, its not interesting and it doesn't provide me, the listener, with any value. Remember, your podcast is a product and you want other people to consume that product. Don't be lazy and think you can riff on the fly; prepare your material in advance. Also, learn when to drop a bit. If something isn't funny the first time you say it, it isn't going to be funny the fiftieth time. Pull what comedy you can out of an idea and then move on. Finally, and most importantly, don't do impressions. I don't know you, I've never heard your voice, but you don't sound like Yoda, Christopher Walker, Sean Connery, Christophe Waltz, John Wayne, Elvis, Samuel L. Jackson, Truimph the Hand Puppet Dog or whoever you want to do an impression of. Its not funny, its just tiresome.

Well there won't be any impressions, I can promise that. But I do like the conversational format of We Hate Movies and HDTGM or really any podcast. If it's too stuffy or sounds like a 60 Minutes interview I'm not interested so it won't be the product I'm putting out. Yes we will have a "gimmick" of sorts and we won't be touching the sacred cow bad movies like The Room, Birdemic or Manos.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the recommendations and all. Over the past month and change I've been going through pretty much every episode (about a movie I've seen already) from all 6 or so of the biggest ones here and it's been great entertainment! I can't think of a one that isn't worth listening to. To Irish Joe, I gotta say, I loved both the Star Trek: Insurrection and Star Wars Ep1 episodes of WHM because of the knowledge and love they have for the universes handled.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Irish Joe posted:

Sorry but they have a pretty great Belushi impression.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Sorry but they have a pretty great Belushi impression.

And their collective Brimley captures his spirit at least.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey cool!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

Guddamnit!

Yea I normally don't dig impressions but they stick to what they know well, so I'm fine with it in WHM.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Drunkboxer posted:

And I'm never going to get tired of their Guy Feiri impressions/mocking.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Just watched / listened to HDTGM podcast for Sleep away Camp (on YouTube) and the reason I like HDTGM is because unlike the other movie podcasts on some episodes the hosts aren't just relaying plot points and interpretations about a movie, they are also trying to collectively figure out what they were just witness to.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

I like the Flophouse when they actually spend more than 5 minutes of the shows run actually talking about the loving movie.

Seriously, just try listening to their Green Lantern review and see how much of the movie they actually cover before calling it a day and then going into plugs for 30 solid minutes.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'd recommend today's We Hate Movies about "Taking Care of Business" just for them talking about Jim Belushi on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

"Captain, he broke the holodeck by doing a cannonball."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'd recommend today's We Hate Movies about "Taking Care of Business" just for them talking about Jim Belushi on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Between this and HDTGM having a wonderful From Justin To Kelly look with Nick Kroll, poo poo is good for movie podcasts today.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I just re-listened to the We Hate Movies Pippi Longstockings episode and god drat is it great. Their impressions of the horse were loving amazing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Grant DaNasty posted:

That letter they read at the end was horribly awesome or too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

I just re-listened to the We Hate Movies Pippi Longstockings episode and god drat is it great. Their impressions of the horse were loving amazing.

I still want AMC's Pippi Longstocking

and then he hit her

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 6, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The WHM "Taking Care of Business" episode got me thinking... has Jim Belushi ever done a single thing that could be considered good or funny? I scanned his imdb page quickly and didn't see anything, but there's just so much there. How does a person like this continue to get work?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

The WHM "Taking Care of Business" episode got me thinking... has Jim Belushi ever done a single thing that could be considered good or funny? I scanned his imdb page quickly and didn't see anything, but there's just so much there. How does a person like this continue to get work?

Here is the complete letter and proof it is real
http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/splash/17580944-418/jim-belushi-is-the-master-of-his-machine.html

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NotWearingPants posted:

His last name is Belushi and if I remember right his brother built almost every bridge he'd later burn.

Also a lot of studios have a kinda insulting idea of the 'everyman' and he fits that really horrible image well.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

I think he made some cameos in funny stuff (like Little Shop of Horrors) because he knew a lot of comedians. Dan Aykroyd has been in just as much garbage, but he's a lovable kook so no one really cares. Also, Ghostbusters.

And the observation that Adam Sandler is the new Jim Belushi totally killed me. Is Mr. Deeds his Taking Care of Business?

bobservo fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 8, 2013

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

According To Jim was on for like 7 years. It wasn't funny or good but it obviously had some value to (dumb) people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

bobservo posted:

And the observation that Adam Sandler is the new Jim Belushi totally killed me. Is Mr. Deeds his Taking Care of Business?

I think that saying Adam Sandler is the new Dan Akroyd might be more accurate. Both were on SNL and arguably did some funny things earlier in their careers, though those things haven't usually held up as funny over time. Both parlayed that into film careers where they repeatedly played essentially the same character. They've both been given the leeway to create and direct their own projects. They both continued to create and star in films long after they stopped being funny.

I don't know who the new Jim Belushi would be and I think he might be a one-of-a-kind anomaly. The closest I could think of might be Tom Arnold, but Tom Arnold has actually been in a decent movie (True Lies) and he's not exactly "new". It seems pretty difficult to find someone who has never done anything good.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 8, 2013