Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Gimme a second spot in the Pacific :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I need one of you guys around so I don't drop 1900 on a game used lehtonen world junior jersey... Oh wait I did :/

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Ashekaban posted:

I need one of you guys around so I don't drop 1900 on a game used lehtonen world junior jersey... Oh wait I did :/

1900 dimes right?

RIGHT?!?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Ashekaban posted:

Jeez Ashe. I wish I had your disposable income :stare:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Jeez Ashe. I wish I had your disposable income :stare:

The g bot, will not be stoked when she sees my bank statement..ill put it at that.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Holy gently caress Ashe, did the jersey come with a blowjob or two? :stare:

You make me feel good about my hockey card spending.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Holy gently caress Ashe, did the jersey come with a blowjob or two? :stare:

You make me feel good about my hockey card spending.

When there's only two out in the wild, you gotta make some sacrifices. It just leaves a rookie year jersey and I have one from each team.
I'm not looking forward to that ones cost.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

When there's only two out in the wild, you gotta make some sacrifices. It just leaves a rookie year jersey and I have one from each team.

Rookie year jersey? Wasn't he a rookie with the Thrashers?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Ashekaban posted:

Here you go, $3500 asking price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-KARI-LEHTONEN-THRASHERS-GAME-WORN-USED-ROOKIE-JERSEY-/350319555081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5190ac3209

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Yes a rookie year one. But I have all the iterations of them.
And that's why it costs so much. But that guy won't go under 3k. But I sorta want the darks anyway

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Ashekaban posted:

Yes a rookie year one. But I have all the iterations of them.
And that's why it costs so much. But that guy won't go under 3k. But I sorta want the darks anyway

Geez he only played four games his rookie year. Quite a hunt you have on your hands.

I wish Meigray would do another grab-bag for their jerseys. For those not familiar, they'd do a set price and guarantee a jersey of at least that value with some crazy ones thrown in. I bought one of the $99 ones and got a 05-06 pre-season Andre Deveaux Lightning jersey which, while not the most collectible player, was in one of the higher-than-base-price tiers and showed a ton of game-use due to him being an enforcer and had some neat patch alterations due to it being meant for the lockout year.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

Geez he only played four games his rookie year. Quite a hunt you have on your hands.

I wish Meigray would do another grab-bag for their jerseys. For those not familiar, they'd do a set price and guarantee a jersey of at least that value with some crazy ones thrown in. I bought one of the $99 ones and got a 05-06 pre-season Andre Deveaux Lightning jersey which, while not the most collectible player, was in one of the higher-than-base-price tiers and showed a ton of game-use due to him being an enforcer and had some neat patch alterations due to it being meant for the lockout year.

You should see the hunt I've gone for one of his masks....

Those grab bags are stellar. I'd kill for one

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
:staredog: Both of my game used jerseys and both GU sticks combined didn't cost that much.
The amount of dedication to collectiong Lehtonen is impressive/disturbing.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

LumpyGumby posted:

:staredog: Both of my game used jerseys and both GU sticks combined didn't cost that much.
The amount of dedication to collectiong Lehtonen is impressive/disturbing.

Completionist project I guess.

I mean everything else has been Sub 775$ cost. It's just these three I knew were the expensive ones.

So when we breaking!!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Completionist project I guess.

I mean everything else has been Sub 775$ cost. It's just these three I knew were the expensive ones.

So when we breaking!!

March 9th! :toot:

But you should come by and break with Mike tonight. He put together a mix that includes Cup for $41, not bad. I am in that and the Superlative draft. Also found out today the truck repair is only going to run me $450, so that is a relief.

When you complete your collection, you need to email Kari or something and show off your shrine. I bet he will send you his autograph shortly thereafter. On a restraining order.

I finally finished this rainbow today. Probably one of my biggest challenges so far, fortunate I fell into the 1/1 with a reasonable seller.

Wow the image sucks, since you can't read it, they are Cup rookies, /299 /25 /2 and /1

This also came in the mail today from a Mike-break

A pretty nice booby prize for dropping big on a divisional and for the most part missing. I got the Northwest 4th pick :stare:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 25, 2013

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

:siren: Break news :siren:

Alright guys, we have our Contenders case break at the end of next week, I will be ordering product at the beginning of next week, that means it is time to collect payments for your spots :toot:

Spots are still $61, send payment to shifterdarkwolf AT gmail DOT com, please mark as personal payment owed or gift. Also be sure to identify yourself by forums id. I am lucky, my usual supplier is.. OUT OF MINI JERSEY. But I found a box on ebay for comparable price. I see at least one set has gone out of stock on pacific, I will try to find another or replace it with similar product.

If I could get all payments in by mid-next week I (my credit card) would appreciate it, but as always you have until the time of break for it.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

:siren: Break news :siren:

Alright guys, we have our Contenders case break at the end of next week, I will be ordering product at the beginning of next week, that means it is time to collect payments for your spots :toot:

Spots are still $61, send payment to shifterdarkwolf AT gmail DOT com, please mark as personal payment owed or gift. Also be sure to identify yourself by forums id. I am lucky, my usual supplier is.. OUT OF MINI JERSEY. But I found a box on ebay for comparable price. I see at least one set has gone out of stock on pacific, I will try to find another or replace it with similar product.

If I could get all payments in by mid-next week I (my credit card) would appreciate it, but as always you have until the time of break for it.

Paid dark

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I had to add money to my paypal. As soon is it gets there it will be on your way Dark.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I'll be paying closer to the break Darkwolf, my new job only pays every other week haha.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

No probs, got it Thompson

Contenders case break #2

1x Case 11-12 Panini Contenders (14 box)
1x 11-12 Panini Pinnacle
1x 07-08 UD Mini Jersey
1x 08-09 UD Champs

$61 /spot 15 spots

1 darkwolf PAID
2 shyduck
3 shyduck
4 Ashe
5 Sharp_Angus PAID
6 Quantrill PAID
7 Quantrill PAID
8 surmy
9 whale cancer
10 anotherblownsave
11 communistkangaroo
12 Wayne Gretzky
13 Above&Beyond PAID
14 Above&Beyond PAID
15 Thompson PAID

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 28, 2013

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Payment sent for Contenders.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Got it SA, and also ordered the stuff :toot:

And just now got A&B. Thanks guys, you rule.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ok guys, bad news for the Pacific break. Pacific Exhibit is out of stock and won't be back :(

But there is good news. Really good news. I found something better. But I can't tell you what it is. Just trust me it is epic :aaa: .

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Ok guys, bad news for the Pacific break. Pacific Exhibit is out of stock and won't be back :(

But there is good news. Really good news. I found something better. But I can't tell you what it is. Just trust me it is epic :aaa: .

I don't know what I'm getting into but :dance: :allears: sounds promising.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I found another cheap box of awesome that I am going to put into the Contenders break free of charge as a preview for Pacific. loving hell get me away from eBay before I spend myself into a hole.

And if we get one of the god redemptions from this product, I am going to rage so loving hard.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I once again spend all my money on a high end break. Wish me luck :haw: http://www.blogtv.com/people/myfreeadvocate

I got the Bruins and Yotes, ended up with a Camper phenoms auto, a Bergeron monikers auto, a Bergeron team canada jersey and a Bourque jersey. I lost randoms for a Schieffle/Hawerchuk dual auto /50 and a Bourque/Neids/Lidstrom/someone else 4 way. Oh well.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 28, 2013

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

You can't beat Mini Jersey, you just can't. I love Mini Jersey.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

You can't beat Mini Jersey, you just can't. I love Mini Jersey.

Mini jersey is still in, so all the more epic :haw:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

darkwolf220 posted:

Mini jersey is still in, so all the more epic :haw:

I wish Mask Collection wasn't $100+ a box, those had a decent set of cards in addition to the mini-goalie masks.

Sucks about Exhibit though, those Time Warp cards were pretty nice.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I got some great patches out of Mask Collection way back when. A Jagr one with multicolor number pieces, and a Mats Sundin one from the very middle of the words on the center crest.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Payment sent for my 2 spots in the Contenders break.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The reason why I haven't been doing any breaks comes out today - Motown Madness, from ITG.

It's just Red Wings! All Red Wings!

There's even Damian Brunner autographs! It's ALL RED WINGS!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

The reason why I haven't been doing any breaks comes out today - Motown Madness, from ITG.

It's just Red Wings! All Red Wings!
God drat, I've seen this with the Flyers too, do they have one of these that's all Bruins?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

God drat, I've seen this with the Flyers too, do they have one of these that's all Bruins?

Not yet, but it is likely they are next, or in the next few.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Got that CuJo auto in the mail today :toot:

Here it is with the foundation of my Micheal Stone collection. Behold his uhhhh two different images they have the option of using for his cards. He also isn't #26 anymore, thanks geezer :argh:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Hahaha Jesus Christ that's some lazy card creation.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

That CuJo is awesome, congrats your your several variations of the same image haha. I have a question unrelated, Brad Marchand is doing an appearance nearby me in a few weeks, and I was wondering if it's worthwhile to have him sign a couple cards, if it affects the value one way or the other. Or if I should just have him sign the standard 8x10 photo or whatever they give away.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

In-person autos like that won't resell for much because they aren't authenticated. Get him to sign whatever you want to keep the longest for yourself.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

darkwolf220 posted:

Behold his uhhhh two different images they have the option of using for his cards.

It's the same with my Shawn Hunwick collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

In-person autos like that won't resell for much because they aren't authenticated. Get him to sign whatever you want to keep the longest for yourself.

That's what I expected to hear, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick answer!

• Locked thread