Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Lynx posted:

Some guy on BSN has already maxed out the new stuff :psyduck:.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16036196

And I'm just sitting here, without a Harrier after all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
So the chakram launcher isn't in at all?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Also, the Reckoning Mastery challenge is up in the N7HQ. Good news: no 200 wave challenges, only extractions and weapon use.

Semisponge posted:

So the chakram launcher isn't in at all?

Looks like it.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Aw man, that was the one gun I was curious to try in MP. I remember using it a little in single player and it seemed pretty all right.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Schubalts posted:

Yes, the Warlord can do everything other Krogans can.

I thought he couldn't take cover?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Holy hell I quit playing for a while and come back to craziness. I downloaded the dlc without bothering to look it up and the first gift pack gives me fembot and she seems awesome. Seeing all the rest of the classes you can get now makes me wish I had gotten the geth instead. How are people bothering to spec fembot?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Does the Collector Adept get a bonus for the Particle Rifle? Because that would be hilarious and broken and awesome. I've only got it at level III but it's stupid good.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Dan Didio posted:

I thought he couldn't take cover?

He can't.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Nice! Got the collector, talon merc, edi bot and juggernaught. Time to party!

Fake edit: I thought I'd hate the merc, but you can stick land mines *everywhere*. would be great for setting up a killzone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

precision posted:

Does the Collector Adept get a bonus for the Particle Rifle? Because that would be hilarious and broken and awesome. I've only got it at level III but it's stupid good.

Yes, all Collector and Prothean guns.

Oh, I thought he could.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Any PC people want to do some Gold or Plat runs while we wait for the DLC so we have more spacebux to blow in 2 hours?

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 18, 2014

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
OK, I just did the math, and with my 5.5m credits, I can get all 85 new gold cards, and still have enough left for 25 cards that can be either level 4 consumables or URs, not counting the gift pack.

Let's just hope the RNG doesn't throw me a giant curveball and give me a ridiculous amount of consumables or old URs from previous DLCs, though that wouldn't be unwelcomed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The collector is a ridiculous amount of fun. Does anyone know if the swarms are a DoT or if the damage listing for them is total damage?

e: which weapons are prothean, aside from the particle rifle? I want to use something to take advantage of the damage boost but I also want to keep weight down so I can keep exploding everything with his giant ball.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Only the particle rifle is Prothean, but any Collector gun will work, too.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
The Spitfire shows up as UR in the manifest but when I got one in-game it was gold label. Anyone else had this happen?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Cheap Vodka posted:

The Spitfire shows up as UR in the manifest but when I got one in-game it was gold label. Anyone else had this happen?

It's a known bug.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Cheap Vodka posted:

Yeah I think it was that way in the livestream as well. It is Ultra Rare in terms of appearing in packs it's just the card and background on the weapon screen that are wrong.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
Ah, drat. I was hoping it was actually a rare drop chance and we could max it out before Bioware fixed it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
And another guy says he did the same in 26.5 million. There goes my hopes that these would be "ultra-rare" in the Volus sense.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Heh, an interesting thought; What if you buy Reserves packs and max out all the new gold cards and Collector Adept and THEN opened the Gift pack? Would you get a UR?

EDIT: Nevermind, someone in that gift pack thread on BSN reported a consumable as the gift. I'll just try to manipulate it for a Collector Adept then.

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 26, 2013

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
You'd probably get a level 4 consumable.

E: welp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

running 6/6/6/6/0 as the AIU with a reegar is really fun :v:

Hopefully I get a respec card soon though because, having never had a snap freeze class before, I went for the increased duration/extra movement decrease on the second evo instead of the increased damage to chilled targets.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Am I missing something? I don't see this DLC yet.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

zxqv8 posted:

Am I missing something? I don't see this DLC yet.

It's out on 360 due to Microsoft's release schedule, but not for PC yet. I'm not sure about PS3. It should unlock in a little bit for PC players.

edit: and for people on the 360, it didn't show up in ME3's "Downloadable Content" menu in-game; I had to download it from the dashboard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
PS3 usually is Wednesday, right?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Rick posted:

PS3 usually is Wednesday, right?
No, it's Tuesdays.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

chami posted:

edit: and for people on the 360, it didn't show up in ME3's "Downloadable Content" menu in-game; I had to download it from the dashboard.

It showed up for me this morning! Although I'm still struggling to resist the urge to leave work and play with my new Very Large Robot Toy.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

What packs are the best to buy if I have not played since before the first DLC? I have about 20 bux of Xbox points ready to blow but I need everything basically from both expansions.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Syrinxx posted:

What packs are the best to buy if I have not played since before the first DLC? I have about 20 bux of Xbox points ready to blow but I need everything basically from both expansions.

It took me over a month to catch up when I was just one DLC behind, you're behind four DLCs, 20 bux will likely just scratch the surface enough to really annoy you. But buy PSPs probably.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Opening up packs is really fun when you're behind the DLC curve as almost every one will contain some neat new weapon or class. It's only when you're hunting for one specific upgrade or have a nearly maxed manifest that it really starts to get grindy.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Got the Talon in my gift pack, it seems best used by folks with good understanding of enemy spawn points and travel routes. Those trip mines can be hilarious if placed right, I gave mine a radius upgrade and it took out a pack of four husks in one go. They did some serious damage to Brutes, although Banshees just teleported through them; not setting them off.

Not sure about the bow yet, really didn't use it much. Got a reserve pack and an awakened collector was sitting inside. from the couple maps I played with it, there's potential for awesomeness, if I can figure the right build for it.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

"Oh a gift well I wonder what's in"

:stare:

Krogan Warlord :woop:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I haven't played in ages and I'm curious about one bug we used to have. BatSol's inferno grenades, is the shrapnel upgrade still bugged to provide no shrapnel?

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
So uhhh it was supposed to be noon PST for PC, right?? :(

edit: apparently they ran into some "small hurdles". Um.

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 26, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Semisponge posted:

Someone forgot to hit the button. :cry:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There's like 5 multi-page threads whining about DLC times on the BSN alredy. :allears:

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Semisponge posted:

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/306473652159905792

Bruceski posted:

I haven't played in ages and I'm curious about one bug we used to have. BatSol's inferno grenades, is the shrapnel upgrade still bugged to provide no shrapnel?

It isnt bugged. The shrapnel evolution doesn't add another grenade like with cluster grenades. It adds more shrapnel per grenade, which is hard to see and actually kinda useless but I still take that option because the larger radius is plenty useful on its own.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So how do I play this Hammer Krogan?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pumpking posted:

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/306473652159905792

It isnt bugged. The shrapnel evolution doesn't add another grenade like with cluster grenades. It adds more shrapnel per grenade, which is hard to see and actually kinda useless but I still take that option because the larger radius is plenty useful on its own.

Really? I know it used to be the case that when it hit a piece would bounce and explode further down the direction of throwing. You could hear a distinctive double-boom of each piece going off. Turned the blast radius into a blast ellipse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

Would anyone mind giving me some advice on which weapons/classes I have that are pretty useful even with my current gear? I've mostly been playing my Vanguard, but I wouldn't mind branching out. Having fun with my Adept as well but those drat Dragoons, man.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=StandFirm215&platform=pc

Also, perhaps recommendations on which packs to buy to at least help me gear a little?
You should buy recruit packs until you max out your common weapons then buy veteran packs and regular Specter packs from there until you max out your uncommon Weapons and then go nuts from there.
As for you characters:
The Human Infiltrator is good class to use with your Mantis.
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Human/PRANR/Mantis7AS1AR3/////
Cloak, Cryo Blast, Shoot, unless your target is very far away which in that case Cryo Blast, cool down, Cloak, Shoot.

The Human Engineers are another good choice since they don't need good gear or weapons to be effective: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Human/MPLID//////
If it has shields or barriers use Overload then Incinerate for a Tech Burst, if it has armor use Incinerate then Overload for a fire explosion. Shoot during cooldowns.

Also check out this page on the bsn forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14641831

• Locked thread