Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Speaking of which, I saw Meshuggah last night and they completely killed it. One of the tightest live outfits I've ever seen. They all play to a click so they don't even count in their songs, they just start with no warning. It's awesome.

I agree, they put on a tight show. Last weekend Jens was pretty sick and the guy from Intronaut sang vocals for the last song. Imagine that opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I agree, they put on a tight show. Last weekend Jens was pretty sick and the guy from Intronaut sang vocals for the last song. Imagine that opportunity.

Yeah, I heard about that. As cool as that would be I'd be down if I didn't get to see Jens perform. Luckily he's all better now and he kicked rear end last night.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I know we're done complaining about bad metal about STALKER (the game) but The Ocean announced that their upcoming album is themed around STALKER (the film) and I feel like that's worth mentioning :colbert:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

simultaneously relieved and disappointed that the candles are not shaped like churches

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
If you can buy them I know what I'm doing in 10 years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sacriphyx is streaming their new album over a NWN. Everyone should listen to it because they loving rule.
http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-western-front

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

If that's not his daughter....who the gently caress lets a kid that young get into burzum...

Picture is loving awesome but I do wish teh candles were buildings of some sort

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't know if it leaked already and I'm behind the times, but the new Darkthrone album is streaming today. IT'S PRETTY COOL.

http://www.terrorizer.com/2013/02/25/darkthrone-the-underground-resistance/

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
What is some cool old crust stuff like Amebix and Axegrinder? I need more of this stuff.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

MrBling posted:

What is some cool old crust stuff like Amebix and Axegrinder? I need more of this stuff.

Nausea, Doom, Helbastard, Antisect, Dystopia, Infest, Aus Rotten, the early Napalm Death demos, Crass' Bullshit Detector comps, the Bleeeargh! comps if you want faster stuff, throw in the early d-beat bands like Disfear/Anti Cimex/Disclose/etc, also the Slap-A-Ham bands since early powerviolence and fastcore sorta crosses over with crust- Man is the Bastard, Crossed Out, Capitalist Casualties, Spazz, Apartment 213, Despise You, etc. Also Siege, because why not.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Looks like the dates for the Death to All tour 2013 are out :

April 13 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
April 15 - Denver, CO - Gothic Theatre
April 18 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrew’s Hall
April 19 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
April 20 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart’s
April 21 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
April 23 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
April 24 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
April 25 - Philadelphia, PA - Theater Of Living Arts
April 26 - Silver Springs, MD - The Fillmore
April 27 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
April 28 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
April 29 - Mexico City, MEX - Circo Volador

VIP tickets (don't see any other tickets right now) can be purchased here :
http://www.soundrink.com/collections/death-to-all

Anyone else hitting up the Silver Spring MD date?

EDIT : Looks like Tickets go on sale this Friday. Ticketmaster :(
http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/02/26/death-to-all-is-back-2013-tour-dates-announced/

MoreMetalBrian fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 26, 2013

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Looks like the dates for the Death to All tour 2013 are out :

April 13 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
April 15 - Denver, CO - Gothic Theatre
April 18 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrew’s Hall
April 19 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
April 20 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart’s
April 21 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
April 23 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
April 24 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
April 25 - Philadelphia, PA - Theater Of Living Arts
April 26 - Silver Springs, MD - The Fillmore
April 27 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
April 28 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
April 29 - Mexico City, MEX - Circo Volador

VIP tickets (don't see any other tickets right now) can be purchased here :
http://www.soundrink.com/collections/death-to-all

Son of a bitch I never heard about this before. Did anyone go to last year's shows? Were they good or was chuck required for these songs to shine?

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Kvelertak , Cancer Bats and Black Tusk are touring too:

April 22 - Detroit, MI - Shelter St. Andrews
April 24 - Cleveland, OH - The Grog Shop
April 25 - Columbus, OH - Ace of Cups
April 28 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theatre
April 30 - Denver, CO - Larimer Lounge
May 01 - Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
May 11 - Houston, TX - Fitzgerald’s
May 12 - Dallas, TX - Club Dada
May 13 - Austin, TX - Red 7
May 15 - Nashville, - TN Exit/In
May 18 - Philadelphia, - PA Underground Arts
May 21 - Montreal, - QC Les Katacombes
May 22 - Toronto, - ON The Wreck Room

Cancer Bats I'm not too familiar with, but Kvelertak and Black Tusk are loving awesome.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Going back to the black/death n roll discussion a couple pages back; this album will kick your face in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_uy9co4pY.

The first track is titled Motorcrust. That's really all you need to know.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Morbid Florist posted:

Son of a bitch I never heard about this before. Did anyone go to last year's shows? Were they good or was chuck required for these songs to shine?

Everyone I know had a blast, worth going especially if you've never saw Death way back when.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Wyzt posted:

Everyone I know had a blast, worth going especially if you've never saw Death way back when.

That's the rub right there. I DID see them but I wasn't into them at the time so I didn't really watch or care. :(

Sorry Chuckie Shoes

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

MoreMetalBrian posted:

EDIT : Looks like Tickets go on sale this Friday. Ticketmaster :(
http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/02/26/death-to-all-is-back-2013-tour-dates-announced/

Huhhh, maybe, I wonder what their setlists are like though.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Man I'm a bit in tough times so I can either see this or go see Anthrax with Exodus up in Cincinnati. I really think Death to All would be more worth it though, a better use of refund money. I assume that's what you guys would recommend too?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

het posted:

Huhhh, maybe, I wonder what their setlists are like though.

Not sure of the setlist, but this part of the tour is supposed to be showcasing Scream Bloody Gore through Human.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Cheapsteaks posted:

Man I'm a bit in tough times so I can either see this or go see Anthrax with Exodus up in Cincinnati. I really think Death to All would be more worth it though, a better use of refund money. I assume that's what you guys would recommend too?

gently caress Anthrax and Exodus. Go early and see High on Fire and Municipal Waste open.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

MrBling posted:

What that other guy said plus Deviated Instinct, The Mob, early the Ex, Heresy, Ripcord, Intense Degree, Generic, Bolt Thrower demos, Sacrilege, English Dogs, and Hellshock for a newer band

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Varg is my waifu.

Go see Death. A Baloff-less Exodus isn't worth it.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
The new Centurian album arrived for me today! It's good so far. It sounds just like Ixaxaar and Liber Zar Zax, although the production includes a better low end. (Tradeoff: The vocals are doofily overprocessed.) Glad it came out.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Cheapsteaks posted:

Exodus is boring live, Anthrax is alright. On the other hand Death To All isn't playing anything past Human.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Did anyone else pick up on the "third time's a charm" motif that was all over this episode? Marshall's jokes, Barney's flowers, Ted's breakup attempts, etc.

rxcowboy
Sep 13, 2008

I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth; fucked both a chick and her mom

I will get anal. Oh yes.

Misogynist posted:

Did anyone else pick up on the "third time's a charm" motif that was all over this episode? Marshall's jokes, Barney's flowers, Ted's breakup attempts, etc.

Yeah and those sweet loving riffs were awesome too.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Misogynist posted:

Turns out Varg is the mother. :3:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
For those who liked my post about The Monolith Deathcult the other day, they've just released a lyric video to "God Among Insects" off the upcoming album. They even got Peter Cullen (the voice of Optimus Prime from the Transformers movies) to do a voiceover!

From their press release:

quote:

God Amongst Insects is the first track and marginally the least disappointing from THE MONOLITH DEATHCULT’s upcoming failure, TETRAGRAMMATON. Despite earlier attempts (The Apotheosis, 2003; The White Crematorium, 2005; Trivmvirate, 2008) to exterminate most of mankind by genocidal boredom, up until now their musical incompetence has prevented them from actually hurting anyone. The disastrous calamities that presage the release of TETRAGRAMMATON (abdication of Queen Beatrix, North Korean nuclear testing, Pope resigning, meteors over Russia, Slayer falling apart) are nothing when compared to the auditory global torture these self-styled ambassadors of “Supreme Avantgarde Deathmetal” hope to foist on an unexpecting and frankly uninterested world this May. Buy it – so death will be swift and relatively painless for you.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj9WqyFpBKc

Can't wait for this album!

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Misogynist posted:

What is this about?

New Omnium Gatherum album is up on Spotify and Grooveshark for your listening.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
NP: Origin - "5. Saligia" - [(2011) Entity]
There's a lot of talk about tech-death, can anyone recommend stuff that's specifically like later Origin? Kind of spacey, but still pretty good song structure and awesome riffs. So not Rings of Saturn.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hulk Krogan posted:

Going back to the black/death n roll discussion a couple pages back; this album will kick your face in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_uy9co4pY.

The first track is titled Motorcrust. That's really all you need to know.

Well hot drat I love this. It's like a way heavier Toxic Holocaust and I'm super into that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

John Magnum posted:

There's a lot of talk about tech-death, can anyone recommend stuff that's specifically like later Origin? Kind of spacey, but still pretty good song structure and awesome riffs. So not Rings of Saturn.

Theory in Practice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIUrlmR1PKA

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Haha, I've actually heard of them! I was really big into Colonizing the Sun a few years ago. Definitely stuff in that vein, I should relisten to it.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Not sure of the setlist, but this part of the tour is supposed to be showcasing Scream Bloody Gore through Human.
gently caress yes, I'm in.

Misogynist posted:

This post is Legend...wait for it...self-titled.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

John Magnum posted:

Haha, I've actually heard of them! I was really big into Colonizing the Sun a few years ago. Definitely stuff in that vein, I should relisten to it.

Well, they're not specifically tech-y, but have you tried Supuration or Paranormal Waltz? They're more old school stuff but they have the weird spacey sound/atmosphere that you be looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVzlwcWl3ms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfyXqfhfcC0

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Supuration I've maybe heard once but not for a while, I'll check them out again. And I haven't heard Paranormal Waltz, thanks!

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

John Magnum posted:

Wormed are cool. They're spacey but a bit more br00tal, and they still have riffs. A lot more listenable than Rings of Saturn (although that's not saying much tbh). Origin are sort of like the exception to the rule for tech death personally, I don't like much of it, but drat, Entity.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Radio Paranoia posted:

For those who liked my post about The Monolith Deathcult the other day, they've just released a lyric video to "God Among Insects" off the upcoming album. They even got Peter Cullen (the voice of Optimus Prime from the Transformers movies) to do a voiceover!

From their press release:

These guys could be writers for The Onion.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

IRQ posted:

Turns out Varg is the mother. :3:
He looks cute with a yellow umbrella :dominic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.

Radio Paranoia posted:

This is hilariously awesome. I had this on in the background without bothering to look at the lyrics, but I thought I heard him say "Unicron" so I went back and started it over.

LASERBEAK IST KRIEG!