Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

DLAO posted:

Are any of you goons still looking for potential penpals? I just found a bunch of stationary I bought a year or two ago that I NEVER used and am now reinvigorated to the cause of sending Goon Mail. :-)

Sign me the gently caress up! A lot of changes going on in this goons life, wouldn't mind rambling about them in a letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

DLAO posted:

Are any of you goons still looking for potential penpals? I just found a bunch of stationary I bought a year or two ago that I NEVER used and am now reinvigorated to the cause of sending Goon Mail. :-)

I'm always up for some sweet penpal action.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

DLAO posted:

I actually mailed out a letter to you today. :3:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

DLAO posted:

me :)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Panorama_Change, 13Pandora13, Lamb and Niemat I shall come home from work tonight and write beauteous letters of nonsense and be mailing them out on the morrow. Please be prepared to accept GOON MAIL next week! :-)

Fake Edit: Niemat I was already planning on responding as soon as I received your correspondence. :smug:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

DLAO posted:

Fake Edit: Niemat I was already planning on responding as soon as I received your correspondence. :smug:

It's cool. I was planning on us being pen pals before you posted (as detailed in my upcoming letter)... this is why our letters will be fantastic. :smug:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

Ya know what? This sounds kinda fun. I didn't respond before because of some unpredictable happenings, but things are on track.

Now how exactly does this work? I only ever had one pen pal and he was in a Nevada prison and I was 12. No, he did not send me anything inappropriate. From what I recall, I just write about my dumb life and he sent me drawings and poems and stuff. Is that what the kids are still doing these days?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Shoozy posted:

Ya know what? This sounds kinda fun. I didn't respond before because of some unpredictable happenings, but things are on track.

Now how exactly does this work? I only ever had one pen pal and he was in a Nevada prison and I was 12. No, he did not send me anything inappropriate. From what I recall, I just write about my dumb life and he sent me drawings and poems and stuff. Is that what the kids are still doing these days?

That's what I do (the writing about my life part--I'm not so strong on the drawings/poems)... mostly from my couch, though. And on cat stationary. I highly recommend it! Nothing makes the day better than finding a letter in your mailbox! :sun:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Niemat posted:

It's cool. I was planning on us being pen pals before you posted (as detailed in my upcoming letter)... this is why our letters will be fantastic. :smug:

I actually think I'm going to go ahead and send out a letter... because I have four to go out and I hate the number four. So if I send one out to you, then it will be five and I will feel better. Also, I have low blood sugar, so I'm feeling quite woozy and it seems like a good idea.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I'd love another penpal! I'm writing the last of my penpals letters right now!

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
I’ve had two lovely bits of goon mail in the last couple of weeks.

First, belated thanks to Jimmy da Fish for the wonderful heart card (seriously- I love it :) ) and loveheart stickers- it arrived in the week before Valentine’s but I waited until the 14th to open it as birthday mail!

Thank you very much - it will be sat on my bureau for quite some time (that’s not too sad right?!).

Then this week I got a second piece of mail from Kafka’s Goldfish, who sent me a kindly invitation to have any future dental work done by her apparently very skilled compatriots! I also received valentine’s wishes and a very cool temporary tattoo that I will have to choose the right moment for!

Thank you Goldfish…I notice the note was on Hello Kitty paper and I just so happen to have recent acquired some Liberty Art Fabrics Hello Kitty notecards just waiting to be used, so hopefully one will be wending its way to you soon!

---

I’m a bit concerned that not many of my valentine’s made their way to the recipients…it was probably a mistake to not put return addresses on them like some of you more sensible goons…or maybe the excessive stickerage jammed up the sorting machines?!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Kafka's Goldfish Thank you for the wonderful mail for both myself and Momma Valet. We both thought the wax seals were SO cool, and we both loved the cross stitches you did. She absolutely loved that you added the tiny Toto to the one you gave her. :3:

Thermophonic Joy I'm so, so sorry that I haven't gotten back to your letter yet! I just found it in my purse. I'll write you a response ASAP. I'm the worst penpal.

Man of the Year Just finished writing you a response. I'll be sending it out ASAP when I send Thermophonic's as well!

You guys are the best. :3:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

thepitgoddess posted:

I'd love another penpal! I'm writing the last of my penpals letters right now!

Letter prepared-- will go out on the morrow! :-)

Wings of Mine
Aug 23, 2011
Thank you, Disargeria for the Valentine's bonanza!! The little notebook will come especially in handy and the kitten tattoo--SO CUTE!! I don't even want to use it to lose its cuteness. I was too late to send you a Valentine, but you should be getting something in the mail soon. Consider it a "spring" bundle!

On a lesser note, are there any requirements to be put on the Goonmail mailing list? :ohdear: I noticed my name and address weren't on either of the two lists on the first page. I love giving and receiving stuff, so I definitely want to be more involved. :D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got Goon Mail today from Ray? in Canada- a Spiderman Valentine, a sparkly heart, and a crossword puzzle and also from my Penpal- Niemat . On a personal note, I also got a package from a friend, so it was a hat trick day!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I am hopelessly behind on documenting my goonmail in photos, but I didn't want to go without thanking everyone who wrote me over Valentines day:

Crazy Old Clarice, Man of the Year, Meriruka, Thermophonic Joy, Panorama Change, Wings of Mine, Disargeria, Jimmy Da Fish, IM Jack, 13Pandora13, Tremors, Marlowe, Dushkani, Kafka's Goldfish, and last but not least, Rythe. You all send the most amazing stuff, thank you so much!

I also got one nice letter from a mystery UK goon who didn't sign their name or return address! It had a card with a pear and a little notebook. Thanks mystery goon!

Next week is Spring Break and I'll get a bit of letter writing and replying done then :)

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

DLAO posted:

I got Goon Mail today from Ray? in Canada- a Spiderman Valentine, a sparkly heart, and a crossword puzzle

This one is from me! Raymond is my 7 year old brother, he wanted to help. Sorry I couldn't send anything more exciting than a crossword, I'm real bad with my hands. :(

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

cuntvalet posted:

Man of the Year Just finished writing you a response. I'll be sending it out ASAP when I send Thermophonic's as well!

:3:

Have other people been getting my letters? I sent the rest of them like a month ago so they all should have arrived. It's ok if you don't want to respond, I'm just wondering if they arrived at all.

cajunspitfire
Feb 16, 2013
G'Day,

I would love to send out cards and receive them.

Kevin Phillips
22 Giffard Street
Williamstown, VIC 3016 AUSTRALIA

My first batch of cards n' stuff will be going out this week.

Keep a look out..

Kev
Cajun

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Disargeria, did you get your silver envelope yet? I hope :(

Also, I am later than I had planned on my second batch which includes ThermoJoy and Niemat, some family medical issues have come up (and that is putting it lightly). I will never forget though. Just might be another week or two, depending on how things work out.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

Team Lunch posted:

I also got one nice letter from a mystery UK goon who didn't sign their name or return address! It had a card with a pear and a little notebook. Thanks mystery goon!

I didn't sign my name?! Whoops! Sorry- that was me. I think I must've been very tired when I wrote some of the last batch...

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Geektox posted:

This one is from me! Raymond is my 7 year old brother, he wanted to help. Sorry I couldn't send anything more exciting than a crossword, I'm real bad with my hands. :(

I liked it! Tell Ray I said Thanks for the Valentine card--- it was cool! And I definitely enjoyed your Valentine! Thanks, Geektox! :-D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Kafka's Goldfish- I got your mail today. Couldn't have come at a better time, and I love the cross stitch. Your stitch handwriting is neater and more legible than my erm, manual pen-facilitated handwriting. The personal touch on the x-stitch made me smile. Thank you so much!

I was hoping to just sneak my valentine's out there amidst the rest, because I haven't officially participated for awhile, but you guys insist on sending the most bad rear end mail back. :argh: (I'm being a tool for comedy purposes, I'm not really ANGRY about getting valentines back :D)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I've decided Im gonna get frames for the cross stitches I've received and frame them in all their glory and display them on my walls so people know how awesome my goonfriends are. :3:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

ManOfTheYear posted:

:3:

Have other people been getting my letters? I sent the rest of them like a month ago so they all should have arrived. It's ok if you don't want to respond, I'm just wondering if they arrived at all.

I sent you a letter. I don't know if you wrote back, but if so...I didn't get it.

e- It got here today. It was pretty beat up. I guess the candy fell out. THe post office taped the whole thing back together and put in it a bag with an "I'm sorry" note. But it did get here, so thanks!

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 28, 2013

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Hemlock posted:

I didn't sign my name?! Whoops! Sorry- that was me. I think I must've been very tired when I wrote some of the last batch...

That's ok! Thank YOU Hemlock!

Also, I left out two people on the Valentines Day thank yous- thank you God Bless Johnny & Bampf Kerpow!

cuntvalet posted:

I've decided Im gonna get frames for the cross stitches I've received and frame them in all their glory and display them on my walls so people know how awesome my goonfriends are. :3:

I have done exactly this, and accented it with Rythe's lego heart:

The cross stitch reads: " Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the Valentine moon is bright"
Still need to find a proper tiny frame for my Joker and Harley one.

Also, I got two letters from Niemat & Simple Blue who gave me a bookmark!

Thank you both! I will send out some stuff over the next week (spring break) maybe St. Patrick's day themed? Maybe just random stuff.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
I'm sorry I haven't caught up with all the valentine's cards! I got a few more from Kafka's Goldfish, Panorama_Change, dushkani, team lunch, and a couple more (I love you all!). Today I actually got two cards sent back to me - Shoozy and Rythe. My stupid handwriting must have messed something up :(

I haven't gotten to send out much else - Life has been catching up with me (Comic con season and report cards!). I'm heading down to Seattle this weekend, so I'll hopefully get to send out more drunken post cards to those of you who haven't gotten anything from me yet!

PezMaster fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 1, 2013

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Lamb!!, sadly, I must request to be removed from the list. I'm going to take a break from sending goonmail for a little while. I'll probably still mail out the odd thing here and there, (And I'm going to keep up with my penpals!) but I don't think it would be fair to keep receiving all the goonlove if I'm not able to reciprocate!

Thank you! Hopefully I can continue mailing again soon. :unsmith:

Reposting this because I think it got missed on the last page. Sorry I'm a pain in the butt, lamb... but I keep receiving goonmail and I feel bad about it!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Thepitgoddess I got your postcard yesterday and I will be responding tonight and send it out on the morrow. I promise to keep Tampa its crazy self until I either leave and pass the torch on, or until you decide to return.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
On the last 2 weeks i've received a lot of cards, including 2 christmas cards (Chilean mail :argh:). So I'll show what I received.

From Mizufusion.

Sadly I can't eat too many goony foods.

marlowe can you go.

Not pictured: Glitter bomb.

lamb.

That's the most interesting thing I learned this week.

Simple Blue.

The little heart is really cute.

marlowe can you go again.

Well, I'm amazed :rimshot:

when worlds collide.

A lot of nice and funny valentine stuff.

And today I got a package from thepitgoddess

I like those three things, and the magnet went straight to the fridge.

Thanks to everyone, and I'll try to send more cards soon, since Ive been stupidly busy these last weeks, and I'll have some days off now.

sad salad tosser
Nov 15, 2012

In dewy damps my limbs were chilled; My blood with gentle horrors thrilled; My feeble pulse forgot to play; I fainted, sunk, and died away
I'd love to get in on this, both the card thing and the penpal idea. Finally an excuse to get a fancy fountain pen, textured letter paper, wax for sealing and just hipster the gently caress out to the max.

Sad Salad Tosser
Ashley, A.1.12
Woolton Hall, Whitworth Lane
Manchester
M146WS
United Kingdom

I will, offcourse, be sending out some stuff shortly to randomly chosen lucky goons.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Reposting this because I think it got missed on the last page. Sorry I'm a pain in the butt, lamb... but I keep receiving goonmail and I feel bad about it!

Don't feel bad! You don't have to send mail to get it as long as you post in the thread. If you really want to be removed I will, but I figure you've sent so much mail that you can take a break from sending; you've earned it.

Everyone else, I will update the files in the OP very soon. I've got a bunch of "thank you"s I owe (I want to make sure I take pictures because many of you sent some awesome stuff), and I have some fun St. Patrick's Day Mail going out too.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

when worlds collide posted:

Disargeria, did you get your silver envelope yet? I hope :(

I did get this sexy little number a while ago but forgot to post here!

I also got this lovely cross stitch from kafka's goldfish! <3

I got a ton of valentines this year from goons and you guys are awesome! This includes but is not limited to 13Pandora13, Pitgoddess, DLAO, Thermoponic Joy, Jimmy da Fish, Shoozy, Team Lunch, Pezmaster, Rythe, Dushkani, Lamb, Bampf Kerpow! and Geektox!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Oh phew. I'm glad to hear that.

lamb posted:

Don't feel bad! You don't have to send mail to get it as long as you post in the thread. If you really want to be removed I will, but I figure you've sent so much mail that you can take a break from sending; you've earned it.

Um, I totally concur. I feel bad that I haven't been able to send your super special valentine yet, Thermo. It WILL be coming, I promise.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 3, 2013

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

So, we're moving one street over in the next couple weeks... Our landlord is selling our house, and we figured it'd be easier to vacate on our own initiative, rather than wait for someone to purchase our house and throw us out on a mystery timeline (although I'm not gonna lie, I hate moving and discovering all the "fun" quirks a new place has to offer...). :v: I will continue to check the mailbox for the rest of March here (so no worries if someone has something on the way!), but after this week, if ya'll could please send mail to our new address, I'd be much obliged. :D

lamb, if you could update my address to: [address on the mailing list] I would greatly appreciate it! :buddy:

edit: Since we've got our addresses on lock down, I removed mine from this post. :)

Niemat fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 26, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

So, we're moving one street over in the next couple weeks... Our landlord is selling our house, and we figured it'd be easier to vacate on our own initiative, rather than wait for someone to purchase our house and throw us out on a mystery timeline (although I'm not gonna lie, I hate moving and discovering all the "fun" quirks a new place has to offer...). :v: I will continue to check the mailbox for the rest of March here (so no worries if someone has something on the way!), but after this week, if ya'll could please send mail to our new address, I'd be much obliged. :D

lamb, if you could update my address to: 400 N. 39th St., Omaha, NE 68131 on the mailing list, I would greatly appreciate it! :buddy:

Will do this week, promise!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

lamb posted:

Will do this week, promise!

You're the best! Thanks! :buddy:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Palette swap posted:

On the last 2 weeks i've received a lot of cards, including 2 christmas cards (Chilean mail :argh:). So I'll show what I received.

From Mizufusion.

Sadly I can't eat too many goony foods.

Yay! Don't take it out on the mail service too bad. I have been terrible about sending things on time lately. :ohdear:

Recently I found a whole stack of Christmas cards that never got sent, so I crammed some also-belated Valentines in there and shoved them in the mailbox. Marchmastines cards for all! And I still have more to send because I ran out of stamps. Maybe they'll get there by next Christmas.. :downs:

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Thanks to everyone who sent stuff to my mom, she absolutely loved getting mail! I can't remember the names of everyone who gave her stuff, but I know lamb, Kafka's Goldfish (she adored the cross stitch and plans to frame it), and JimmydaFish definitely did. Thanks to those who made her Valentine's day special this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

You're welcome! ^^^^^

Shoozy - I made brownies today using your recipe. They are super yummy! Thank you again. :)