Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Well *I* think nzb.su is the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
I like NZB.su too, I don't see why the invites couldn't go elsewhere... under coupons or whatever, dealers choice.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

psychicattack posted:

Have two NZB.su invites. You don't have to kill yourself. Just be one of the first two people to PM me.

all gone.

E: That was fast.

If any goons have a cool invite still kicking around I'd be interested. I got a bandwidth block after not using usenet for years and apparently NZBeez died.

messiercup
Mar 2, 2011

So, what's the best Usenet provider these days? SuperNews/AstraWeb/NGroups seem to be plagued with takedowns, and I'm not sure who's reselling who these days.

What are your suggestions?

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
I dunno, maybe the Linux distros I like to get don't suffer from takedowns, but I've not had a single problem with Supernews except for the day or two when matrix went down.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
I'm using Astra/Blocknews combo and still suffer from so many failed downloads. What's the best "combo" out there to rectify this?

And if there's anyone out there who has a spare invite for NZB.su, I'd gladly take it.

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 27, 2013

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Is it just me or does NZB.su not have a comments system like all the other newznab sites have? I'm wondering if my non-VIP account is bugged or if comments are VIP only.

stevesy
Aug 6, 2011

BYAAAAH

Lusername posted:

Is it just me or does NZB.su not have a comments system like all the other newznab sites have? I'm wondering if my non-VIP account is bugged or if comments are VIP only.

There are comments; so it's just you.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Demented Guy posted:

I'm using Astra/Blocknews combo and still suffer from so many failed downloads. What's the best "combo" out there to rectify this?

And if there's anyone out there who has a spare invite for NZB.su, I'd gladly take it.

This has worked well for me:

Main: supernews

Backups: blocknews, tweaknews, ssl-direct (or something, like that, someone posted a great deal for them a couple pages ago)

Also, be sure to list each of your providers' EU servers also as backups ie. EU.supernews.com is one of my backups.

If that setup sounds excessive, it is, but I've had quite a few downloads where I use all of them to complete.

Also even with that setup, I have still suffered a few incompletions, so nothing is full proof.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
Nice. Maybe ill switch to super news.

Currently I'm doing a Astra main with block news secondary. I was considering getting a second block from a different provider as I'm down to like 10gb on my block (Astra stopped accepting the old payment method and I never checked my throwaway email account so it expired for a week)

What other block provider should I use? Or is there a Astra block provider I could switch to and then grab supernews?

Finally what other indexers are y'all using? My wife likes pretty pink girly distros that are not very easy to find on nzb.su.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

MasterColin posted:

Finally what other indexers are y'all using? My wife likes pretty pink girly distros that are not very easy to find on nzb.su.

I'm interested in this too. My girlfriend likes shows that I never saw on EZTV. I think if I can find a source for stuff like that it would make convincing her to let us drop cable all together a way easier sell.

Also for anyone just getting into this and are now just starting to go through their first steps on Sick Beard or SABnzbd, benefit from my mistake and subsequent knowledge:
Bring your back catalog as up-to-date as possible before you start queuing items for download.

I would have saved myself a whole day of wasted downloads, but I'll say that I didn't try doing the SB process one show at a time; I added like ten items and went to bed thinking I had it all entered correctly. Sick Beard ignored almost all of the season episodes for a few shows and re-downloaded them all again in HD. So it was my fault but next time I'll process each show individually and make sure SB sees everything I already have before telling it to get more. My fault, live and learn.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

One invite here, email me at sa.username@gmail.com Dont forget the sa.

For those who are annoyed by this you should probably just scroll past?

e:gone

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 27, 2013

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he

Gozinbulx posted:

Also, be sure to list each of your providers' EU servers also as backups ie. EU.supernews.com is one of my backups.

Does that really work as a true backup? I always assumed that if they removed something it would remove the same pieces from both servers. I would be glad to be wrong though.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Skarsnik posted:

One invite here, email me at sa.username@gmail.com Dont forget the sa.

For those who are annoyed by this you should probably just scroll past?

e:gone

Or you could make a google spreadsheet for this stuff which could be linked into the OP. If no one wants to bother I will be happy to do so. People can just dump their emails in there and whenever someone is feeling generous they can pick one, send an invite and mark it off. It's way more efficient and that way half of every page isn't literally the text nzb.su. Lowtax should be charging that site for referrals at this rate.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Does anyone have Headphones working with nzb.su? Judging from the fact it works fine with the other clients/agents, they're probably banning the user agent for headphones again.
Also see: https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues/955

Mighty Zoltar
Aug 18, 2004

I AM A PIECE OF SHIT. IF YOU SEE ME ON THE STREET, PLEASE STAB ME.
I've been struggling with NZBs dot org for a short while now. Every time I reboot my machine, I have to log back into the site. It used to remember me as it's supposed to, but doesn't do it any longer.

Is there a problem with the site? Something I'm missing in my browser settings? It's certainly frustrating.

The issue did appear to occur around the time I upgraded Windows, but I can't be sure it was caused by the change.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Kachunkachunk posted:

Does anyone have Headphones working with nzb.su? Judging from the fact it works fine with the other clients/agents, they're probably banning the user agent for headphones again.
Also see: https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues/955

It's blocked and will be blocked until they change the way it makes API calls. If you really want to use it, just install spotweb easy on your local machine and point against that. You'll get surprisingly good results. Or use a different indexer.

cbubbles
Mar 15, 2007

I'm soooo into you

Mighty Zoltar posted:

I've been struggling with NZBs dot org for a short while now. Every time I reboot my machine, I have to log back into the site. It used to remember me as it's supposed to, but doesn't do it any longer.

Is there a problem with the site? Something I'm missing in my browser settings? It's certainly frustrating.

The issue did appear to occur around the time I upgraded Windows, but I can't be sure it was caused by the change.

Sounds more like a computer issue than their website? Is it happening with any other site, and if so do you know if something is automatically clearing session/cookies that sort of thing on your computer?

If you haven't tried it, might be worth deleting the NZB.SU cookie and seeing if recreating it corrects the issue.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

The Gunslinger posted:

Or you could make a google spreadsheet for this stuff which could be linked into the OP. If no one wants to bother I will be happy to do so. People can just dump their emails in there and whenever someone is feeling generous they can pick one, send an invite and mark it off. It's way more efficient and that way half of every page isn't literally the text nzb.su. Lowtax should be charging that site for referrals at this rate.

I would love you forever if you got the referrer spam out of the thread.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I did this in 2 minutes after dinner so it looks like poo poo but gets the job done:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXFSJs-w8-qdGM5SDZYUE5URXBxMTRIdmoyci1TVWc&usp=sharing

I figure if its thrown in the OP and people remember to take a look once in awhile when they get new invites it will serve the same purpose without the thread clutter.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

I did this in 2 minutes after dinner so it looks like poo poo but gets the job done:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXFSJs-w8-qdGM5SDZYUE5URXBxMTRIdmoyci1TVWc&usp=sharing

I figure if its thrown in the OP and people remember to take a look once in awhile when they get new invites it will serve the same purpose without the thread clutter.

Good work. Everyone get to using this and the thread will be better for it.

For the life of me I cannot remember the name but what was the program, similar to headphones and lazylibrarian but for comic books? Is it still supported/developed for?

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
http://nzb.su/register?invitecode=db121d3d8b9984145e63e784026c53598d380556

http://nzb.su/register?invitecode=adfeac9cdb95ae4bd43b162656a3a5e8c67f7b09

My two invites. click those.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Raffles posted:

For the life of me I cannot remember the name but what was the program, similar to headphones and lazylibrarian but for comic books? Is it still supported/developed for?

Mylar? Can't say it's current status though. I've never used it.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Raffles posted:

mylar, its a nightmare to use, its not current or supported at all. nightmare

Trash Heap
Dec 26, 2002

Ask me about transforming into a semi and trucking over defenses.

Chick3n posted:

Are you sure post-processing is setup correctly? Is Sickbeard marking your files as downloaded?

I need some help with the sickbeard config as I'm not seeing any of the post processing occurring.

This is what I know works:

* Sickbeard is certainly grabbing NZB files (marking them as "Snatched" in the History tab), and
* SABNZBd is downloading them.

Chick3n posted:

Make sure the script is enabled (in Sabznbd) Config > Categories, TV categories script set to sabToSickBeard. And that the category is also set to TV in Sickbeard, Config > Search Settings > SABnzbd category.

Also double check that you renamed autoProcessTV.cfg.sample to autoProcessTV.cfg and edited it to point to your Sabnzbd install.

I don't ... know if I have sabToSickBeard? Here's my sickbeard > config > Search Settings > SABnzbd settings:

Here's my Sabnzbd > Config > Categories thingy:

I have no idea if I'm supposed to place something in the "Grouper/Indexer Tags". Does this look wrong?

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
Next to Processing column, I have a Script column. Mine looks like this:

Trash Heap
Dec 26, 2002

bobdigi posted:

Next to Processing column, I have a Script column. Mine looks like this:

Whoa, I hadn't realized how out of date my install was...

code:
Initiating shutdown...
SABnzbd-0.6.15 shutdown finished
Now upgraded to 0.7.11, but I don't have a dropdown box like yours:

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
In SAB, go to Config->Folders->User Folders and set the Post Processing Script directory to where your sabtosickbeard.exe lies.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
For some reason when I click to add an NZB to Sabnzbd from nzb.su, it's adding it twice. This just started today. Am I the only one?

Trash Heap
Dec 26, 2002

The Gunslinger posted:

In SAB, go to Config->Folders->User Folders and set the Post Processing Script directory to where your sabtosickbeard.exe lies.

Thank you both. I wouldn't have thought to upgrade the software. Also, following along in the sickbeard guide, I didn't see any mention of confguring sabnzbd to use anything sickbeard related. Maybe now my downloads will post process correctly. Not sure if I can retroactively apply post processing to files already downloaded by sabnzbd.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

The Gunslinger posted:

As nice an idea as this is, it'll be minutes before somebody deletes most/all email addresses but their own so they can get an invite faster.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I made a thread for people to put their NZB.su invite codes in.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535945

Coupons can't be seen by the public so it's goon-only.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

hayden. posted:

I made a thread for people to put their NZB.su invite codes in.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535945

Coupons can't be seen by the public so it's goon-only.

Did you include any amazon referral codes? Gotta love c&d

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vykk.Draygo posted:

As nice an idea as this is, it'll be minutes before somebody deletes most/all email addresses but their own so they can get an invite faster.

It was snapshotted periodically to my home server. A C&D thread is a better solution anyway though so people should just use that.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Raffles posted:

Other than Mylar, there's Omniverse which is built on the sickbeard code base but hasn't been updated in months. It's on github if you want to try it.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Any updates on the Goon nzb project?

I'm looking to donate to the project and also had a question. Is a certain reg date going to be required or will it be open to all goons? If it's the former I'd like to give my buddy a heads up so he can join the forum soon.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Lawen posted:

Other than Mylar, there's Omniverse which is built on the sickbeard code base but hasn't been updated in months. It's on github if you want to try it.

This one was a nightmare as well, I kinda hope for a fully sickbeard like one for comics, or just a better understanding of python.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Any updates on the Goon nzb project?

I'm looking to donate to the project

I would throw :10bux: for this as well

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
As I've said before, I have Astra/Blocknews.

To help mitigate failed downloads, I'm plannig to have Supernews (main)/Blocknews/NewsgroupsDirect (block accounts are on sale) as my combo. These are different providers/resellers right? Will this help with completions? I understand it's not 100% guaranteed completions but I just want somehing better than my current setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Demented Guy posted:

As I've said before, I have Astra/Blocknews.

To help mitigate failed downloads, I'm plannig to have Supernews (main)/Blocknews/NewsgroupsDirect (block accounts are on sale) as my combo. These are different providers/resellers right? Will this help with completions? I understand it's not 100% guaranteed completions but I just want somehing better than my current setup.

Yes those are all different providers.

Might want to throw in a dutch server in there too.