Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Please tell me you just bought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fat tires on a Series is a breach of etiquette.

But when it turns out like that I'll allow it.

Edit:

kastein posted:

Please tell me you just bought that.

Seriously. Please make that true.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Looks like it has WA plates on it, so here's hoping.

This is now legal to import to Canada. :flashfap:

okay, so there's zero chance of finding one for less than about $30k £20k, but tell me it's not the prettiest goddamn WRX ever made. Just try.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Simkin posted:

Looks like it has WA plates on it, so here's hoping.

This is now legal to import to Canada. :flashfap:

okay, so there's zero chance of finding one for less than about $30k £20k, but tell me it's not the prettiest goddamn WRX ever made. Just try.

Is that a 22B?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Oh yeaaaaaahhhh....

Look at dem hips.

And if you're too poor to afford pretty much the rarest Subaru ever built, the P1 is a pretty close approximation, but we can't have it in :canada: for at least another 3 years.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Some guy was selling a set of 22B wheels on the local Subaru club forum.

He wanted $2500 without any tires.

Ain't no way those things are gonna be under 50k. But at least you get the sweet-rear end door-mounted knee bolster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuu9qwzOfUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBlPaNTtys

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Simkin posted:

Oh yeaaaaaahhhh....

Look at dem hips.

And if you're too poor to afford pretty much the rarest Subaru ever built, the P1 is a pretty close approximation, but we can't have it in :canada: for at least another 3 years.

It's funny how everyone in north america spooges over cars like this but if I sit on my front step I can see one drive past at least every half hour, complete with fart-can exhaust, terrible chrome wheels, cut springs and smoke coming out the back.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yes, I'm sure you see one of 500 cars ever made drive past every 1/2 hour.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

jamal posted:

Yes, I'm sure you see one of 500 cars ever made drive past every 1/2 hour.

Maybe it's the same person doing practice laps?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If he's talking about just the regular two-door (not 22B) then they are not uncommon in Aus/NZ. He doesn't see them every half hour, though, but the four-doors are in fact common as muck here.

We did get something like four of the 22B in Australia, and I saw one once, where the rich dickhead who bought it had just blown the gearbox up by cranking the boost to hell, putting slicks on it and clutch-dumping it down the Heathcote Raceway dragstrip.

:negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Memento1979 posted:

If he's talking about just the regular two-door (not 22B) then they are not uncommon in Aus/NZ. He doesn't see them every half hour, though, but the four-doors are in fact common as muck here.

We did get something like four of the 22B in Australia, and I saw one once, where the rich dickhead who bought it had just blown the gearbox up by cranking the boost to hell, putting slicks on it and clutch-dumping it down the Heathcote Raceway dragstrip.

:negative:

I was referring to the regular sort, not the 22B, and yes they are literally that common here. If I got up and rode to my friend's place half an hour away, I can hands-down, bet money, guarantee I will see an sti of that era, possibly a 2 door. Or a galant/legnum vr4. Or a honda type-R anything. Or a nissan skyline turbo of any denomination you care to name. 90% odds they will be raped and have terrible modifications.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Mercedes Benz G6x6x63 AMG.

3.75 tons (7500lbs).
62mph in less than 6 seconds.

And it flies :buddy:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Slavvy posted:

I was referring to the regular sort, not the 22B, and yes they are literally that common here.

And that is why no one really gives a poo poo, you can see hosed up, riced out STIs in the states too. Everyone was talking about 22Bs when you said you saw one every 30 minutes.

I'm really not sure if this is awesome or horrible, but here's a Lumina jumping and landing HARD. It's a good thing he didn't roll it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiyr91l0wao

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

I WANT.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Slavvy posted:

I was referring to the regular sort, not the 22B, and yes they are literally that common here. If I got up and rode to my friend's place half an hour away, I can hands-down, bet money, guarantee I will see an sti of that era, possibly a 2 door. Or a galant/legnum vr4. Or a honda type-R anything. Or a nissan skyline turbo of any denomination you care to name. 90% odds they will be raped and have terrible modifications.

Great thanks, who cares. You sound really butt-hurt.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I think a lot of people aren't aware that there were lots of non-22b STi 2 doors, like the P1, sold outside the US. I made that mistake when I was first in the UK, after a race I said "I just beat a 22b :woop: and my friend said "nah mate that's a P1, different car"

I still don't really know the differences but I like how they look :unsmith:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

noseheavy.jpg

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Das Volk posted:

I think a lot of people aren't aware that there were lots of non-22b STi 2 doors, like the P1, sold outside the US. I made that mistake when I was first in the UK, after a race I said "I just beat a 22b :woop: and my friend said "nah mate that's a P1, different car"

I still don't really know the differences but I like how they look :unsmith:

The 22b is a widebody, but that's not always the easiest thing to spot from far away.

Slavvy posted:

"Jeez I don't know why you guys get so excited about C63 Blacks when I see C250s all the time!"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bidikyoopi posted:

The 22b is a widebody, but that's not always the easiest thing to spot from far away.

"Jeez I don't know why you guys get so excited about C63 Blacks when I see C250s all the time!"

Maybe I'm wrong about how common all the various super-special turbo japanese cars are over there; I was under the impression that the majority were RHD only. Evo and run-of-the-mill wrx excepted.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

bidikyoopi posted:

That's kind of disingenuous, it's more like "Jeez I don't know why you guys get so excited about C63 Blacks when I see C63s all the time!". It's not like he's talking about 1.8L Impreza four doors. I'd get excited in Canada to see a 2 door STI in that body style even if it wasn't a 22B.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Holy poo poo why are you still talking about boxy Subaru's?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Hello Spaceman posted:

Mercedes Benz G6x6x63 AMG.

3.75 tons (7500lbs).
62mph in less than 6 seconds.

And it flies :buddy:

Here's the video of it. I'd ball so hard in this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEA02kfdh8o

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

And potential buyers should expect to spend more more than $457,000.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1082633_six-wheeled-mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-unleashed-on-the-public-video

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Goddamn. Money well spent.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I think I'm in love. Old Peugeots are the business.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Blood Magnet posted:

Goddamn. Money well spent.

Aint that the truth.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

OptimusMatrix posted:

Here's the video of it. I'd ball so hard in this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEA02kfdh8o

Well, there's one more thing on the "what I'm going to buy when I win the lottery" list, that's for sure.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

I think I'm in love. Old Peugeots are the business.

According to a kenyan technical training guy I know, these are common as balls in kenya. They made them right up until the mid 00's and they're thought of as super-reliable and rugged.

They also have a torque tube setup with floating rear leaf springs so if you load them incorrectly the front rears up as the back sags and the engine shoves through the radiator. :thumbsup:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Motronic posted:

And potential buyers should expect to spend more more than $457,000.

I assume this is just a typo, but that's actually the most buyers should expect to pay. Nice of them to put a reasonable ceiling on the pricing. With a diesel this thing would be boss as hell, an AMG version just seems silly in the worst way.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 1, 2013

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Q_res posted:

The article actually says the exact opposite of this, by the way.

While it was a typo, I thought it was a pretty obvious one for someone who's read the article considering the exact phrasing they used was "pricing for the vehicle hasn’t been announced but interested buyers can expect to pay no more than the 350,000 euro ($457,000) sticker of the SLS AMG Electric Drive."

Sorry if I made it seem like you couldn't afford one when you most likely can.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I actually edited that post because it occured to me it was a typo after I re-read it. But, please, continue being butthurt at me over your inability to type, you giant crybaby.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The 504 and 505 were definitely some tough bastards, I guess rust was their only weak point. I've been sort of wanting one because they're sort of the last of a breed, the last Africa-conquering RWD Peugeots. There's an absolutely immaculate 1976 504 for sale near me. When I say immaculate I really mean it's utterly flawless, with complete service records for the car's entire life so far. It's about 25% more than what I paid for my 406, though, for a 37-year-old car.

There are also two 505s, one is a 2.2 GTI in amazing condition at the same dealer as the 504. I'd love to drive it, but it's a 27-year-old French car before they thought of using rust-inhibiting zinc paint and galvanized bodywork. Price is OK though, and only 71,000km on it (allegedly).

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 1, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Slavvy posted:

According to a kenyan technical training guy I know, these are common as balls in kenya. They made them right up until the mid 00's and they're thought of as super-reliable and rugged.

They also have a torque tube setup with floating rear leaf springs so if you load them incorrectly the front rears up as the back sags and the engine shoves through the radiator. :thumbsup:
I learned to drive in the 2x4 version of those! :) The Peugeot pickup used to be pretty common here in Argentina till mid 90's

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 1, 2013

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I still can't get over those insectosoid headlights. Everything else is gorgeous, but ugh.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

KozmoNaut posted:

The 504 and 505 were definitely some tough bastards, I guess rust was their only weak point. I've been sort of wanting one because they're sort of the last of a breed, the last Africa-conquering RWD Peugeots. There's an absolutely immaculate 1976 504 for sale near me. When I say immaculate I really mean it's utterly flawless, with complete service records for the car's entire life so far. It's about 25% more than what I paid for my 406, though, for a 37-year-old car.

Goddamn that interior is awesome. Those seats look so loving comfy.

I gotta buy myself an old car again.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Oh, you want me to stack cinder blocks? gently caress no, I ain't having this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvLalY6ubc

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Friar Zucchini posted:

Oh, you want me to stack cinder blocks? gently caress no, I ain't having this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvLalY6ubc

Between BigDog and the GRASP lab manhacksquadrotors, modern robotics research seems to be dedicated to making life more creepy and alarming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Just an Audi vide-OHMYGOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpB1yR9Sz9Y

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz: