Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bobdigi posted:

Yea I have two accounts setup and I can choose between the two. In your case I would agree that it won't work with your setup.

Which, is kinda dumb, because gmail is already doing all that work for me. Hopefully they improve the app down the road...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

PaganGoatPants posted:

I am looking for an app that will show me kickoff time for soccer games of teams I choose or just all of them in certain leagues I pick. I just need something to know what games are going to happen. There must be a good solution. :argh:

Live Score Addicts is brilliant. You should definitely give it a look. Works great for my Premier League teams and it has every competition imaginable.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Feenix posted:

Which, is kinda dumb, because gmail is already doing all that work for me. Hopefully they improve the app down the road...

Does the default mail app even let you do this?

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Live Score Addicts is brilliant. You should definitely give it a look. Works great for my Premier League teams and it has every competition imaginable.

Seconded. It has most second division leagues as well. It gives links to video highlights, lineups, and as many notifications as you'd like from knockoffs to goals to red cards. By far the best soccer score app I've used.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

MacOS one does if you add the addresses comma separated in the setup but iOS doesn't.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Suqit posted:

Seconded. It has most second division leagues as well. It gives links to video highlights, lineups, and as many notifications as you'd like from knockoffs to goals to red cards. By far the best soccer score app I've used.

Yeah no kidding Suqit this is great, much better than theScore.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I dont remember now, but it (at the VERY least) respects what email address was replied to and uses that one.

For example, if I sign up with my spam GMAIL account for a Craigslist ad where I am the seller, and I get an email, it goes to my spam-mail address. I reply, and it COMES from my spam gmail address.

In Mailbox, everything just comes from my MAIN gmail address, regardless of what was replied to, inbound.

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

Can anyone recommend an app that displays the screen of one ipad on another ipad? Sorta like the Remote Desktop apps but ipad-to-ipad and not computer-to-ipad/ipad-to-computer. Basically what we're hoping to do is record video with the back camera of ipadA while also allow someone using ipadB to see it realtime.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Oh yeah this is great. The best out of the few I tried.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

~Coxy posted:

You can set "Remember playback position" in iTunes.

:aaaaa:
Thanks so much for this! I never knew this setting existed, so I've got no idea why it turned itself off for my entire library, but at least my problem is fixed :woop:

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Thirding recommendations for this, it's an awesome app and works really well on both iPad + iPhone.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I'm absolutely fed up with Apple's podcasts app. I was running iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, where podcasts were still part of the music player. Stupidly upgraded and now I can't sync over my new podcasts from my macbook or download them over Wi-Fi. Anyone have a good podcast manager app that isn't a total clusterfuck?

SnatchRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 28, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Downcast is great. I don't think it's multi-platform.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

PaganGoatPants posted:

I am looking for an app that will show me kickoff time for soccer games of teams I choose or just all of them in certain leagues I pick. I just need something to know what games are going to happen. There must be a good solution. :argh:

Someone in ray parlour put me onto the livescore addicts app and it is a must have for football (soccer). It shows kickoff times, then updates with videos of goals of almost every match.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Feenix posted:

I dont remember now, but it (at the VERY least) respects what email address was replied to and uses that one.

For example, if I sign up with my spam GMAIL account for a Craigslist ad where I am the seller, and I get an email, it goes to my spam-mail address. I reply, and it COMES from my spam gmail address.

In Mailbox, everything just comes from my MAIN gmail address, regardless of what was replied to, inbound.

Well I'm really glad I uninstalled mailbox without even trying it then because that is vital to how I manage my emails. I have like, 4 gmail accounts linked together and I need that functionality. I absolutely cannot accidentally reply to a work email from my personal email etc etc.

I'm really happy with the gmail app anyway.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

~Coxy posted:

You can set "Remember playback position" in iTunes.

I cannot find this option, on the iTunes on my computer, music settings, or the iTunes & App Stores setting. Is it podcast only or something?

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

SnatchRabbit posted:

I'm absolutely fed up with Apple's podcasts app. I was running iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, where podcasts were still part of the music player. Stupidly upgraded and now I can't sync over my new podcasts from my macbook or download them over Wi-Fi. Anyone have a good podcast manager app that isn't a total clusterfuck?

I prefer Pocketcasts for it's speedy server-side syncing and push notifications. But I like Downcast for it's location aware downloading thing. At the moment I'm on downcasts but I keep going back and forth *sigh*

Hopewell
Nov 29, 2004

I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork.

the kawaiiest posted:

Well I'm really glad I uninstalled mailbox without even trying it then because that is vital to how I manage my emails. I have like, 4 gmail accounts linked together and I need that functionality. I absolutely cannot accidentally reply to a work email from my personal email etc etc.

I'm really happy with the gmail app anyway.

For what it's worth, I just tested it in my copy of Mailbox, and replies to emails sent to my Work address are sent from my Work address. Same for my home and spam email. I understand you've already uninstalled Mailbox, but for other folks in the thread, Mailbox does support this fairly basic email functionality.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hopewell posted:

For what it's worth, I just tested it in my copy of Mailbox, and replies to emails sent to my Work address are sent from my Work address. Same for my home and spam email. I understand you've already uninstalled Mailbox, but for other folks in the thread, Mailbox does support this fairly basic email functionality.

I think the difference seems to be that you have multiple configured email accounts within mailbox, whereas the people who are having problems have the email accounts linked together somehow with only one actually configured in the app.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Pissflaps posted:

I think the difference seems to be that you have multiple configured email accounts within mailbox, whereas the people who are having problems have the email accounts linked together somehow with only one actually configured in the app.

I'm actually surprised that people don't seem to know about this feature. You can set it up in your gmail settings page:

It's extremely useful when you have a lot of different accounts but don't want to log in and out to send/receive email, or set up multiple accounts on your gmail app or what have you. I use a single account to send and receive mail from all the others. It's so much easier.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I cannot find this option, on the iTunes on my computer, music settings, or the iTunes & App Stores setting. Is it podcast only or something?

It's a per-track setting. So right-click on a track, Get Info, Options, Remember Playback Position -> Yes.

Note that you can also apply it to multiple tracks at once - I just selected my entire library and changed the setting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I posted a while back about that rad 123D Creature AutoDesk iPad app and how it lets you create and even order a physical model of your creation.

One of my figures arrived today. It came out surprisingly well!

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but the old youtube app seems to lag really bad on my iPad 1, running iOS 5. I can go to the mobile page and video streams fine, but the app constantly lags out. Do I need to upgrade to iOS? I'm a bit wary that upgrading will make my iPad even more buggy and sluggish than it already is.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

SnatchRabbit posted:

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but the old youtube app seems to lag really bad on my iPad 1, running iOS 5. I can go to the mobile page and video streams fine, but the app constantly lags out. Do I need to upgrade to iOS? I'm a bit wary that upgrading will make my iPad even more buggy and sluggish than it already is.

You can't install iOS 6 on a first gen iPad, as it's not compatible with it. It sucks, but the first gen only has 256MB of RAM and iOS 6 requires devices with at least 512MB (the exception being the iPhone 3GS, which was because Apple was still selling it until the iPhone 5 came out). Anyone still using the first gen should really consider upgrading to a newer model.

Have you tried the official YouTube app?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

webmeister posted:

It's a per-track setting. So right-click on a track, Get Info, Options, Remember Playback Position -> Yes.

Note that you can also apply it to multiple tracks at once - I just selected my entire library and changed the setting.

Ahh, thanks. Why is this not on by default?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Ahh, thanks. Why is this not on by default?

I'd imagine if you skipped a track you wouldn't want it to start halfway in the next time you listened to it.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I'll never understand why labels are so important for people - you can bring up any archived email by searching for it.
Sometimes you want to see all the mail that deals with a specific topic, but there's no single search term that you can be sure will get you everything you want.

cookiesapplejuice
May 3, 2009
Does anyone know if there's a way to send and receive texts on my nexus 7 using my iphone phone number? I've heard using google voice but I'm unsure if I should transfer my number over and risk breaking my contract...
Anyone know an app for this or a solution?

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
Well, this is the iOS app thread so i can't resist telling you to sell the Nexus 7 and buy an iPad mini instead so you can use iMessage :hurr:

But seriously, Google Voice gives you a separate number. I think you can port your cell number to Google Voice, but then your cell phone would end up with a new number. I'm not sure how you go about doing this though.

Also, be aware, last time I checked Google Voice couldn't do MMS.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
In the Twitter app, is there any way to view your lists? Seems silly to limit that to the browser version.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yes it's under the "Me" tab after your last 3 tweets and images (iPhone version).

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

The Dave posted:

Yes it's under the "Me" tab after your last 3 tweets and images (iPhone version).
Ah, perfect. Thanks!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Finally got to try out Mailbox, didn't like it. I have a lot of filters shunting stuff to folders/labels for later reading and it's too much a hassle to get at them in Mailbox. Pretty slick but not something I'd be interested in. All that hype for nuthin'! ;)

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
We are getting our sales staff iphones next month, I've been asked to find the best monitoring app to use. I see a bunch of 'spy' software that is available, but am having difficulties finding legitimate reviews of any of them.

SMS message monitoring is priority - GPS isn't really. There will be about 20 devices in the initial wave of phones distributed. I'd prefer something that has a central monitoring application (or website) so I can let HR and Compliance go crazy with minimal effort. Anyone done this before?

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

synthetik posted:

We are getting our sales staff iphones next month, I've been asked to find the best monitoring app to use. I see a bunch of 'spy' software that is available, but am having difficulties finding legitimate reviews of any of them.

SMS message monitoring is priority - GPS isn't really. There will be about 20 devices in the initial wave of phones distributed. I'd prefer something that has a central monitoring application (or website) so I can let HR and Compliance go crazy with minimal effort. Anyone done this before?

Is this even possible? A sandboxed iOS app can't reach into the SMS app and do anything. Security ya know..

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

echobucket posted:

Is this even possible? A sandboxed iOS app can't reach into the SMS app and do anything. Security ya know..

There are services that do this...of course I can't think of their name at all right now.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

echobucket posted:

Well, this is the iOS app thread so i can't resist telling you to sell the Nexus 7 and buy an iPad mini instead so you can use iMessage :hurr:

But seriously, Google Voice gives you a separate number. I think you can port your cell number to Google Voice, but then your cell phone would end up with a new number. I'm not sure how you go about doing this though.

Also, be aware, last time I checked Google Voice couldn't do MMS.

If you port your number to GV, you will automatically cancel your contract with the carrier. I did it when I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because I wanted to keep my number. It costs $20.

e: I only use GV to forward to my T-Mo number, so I have no idea about MMS or whatever.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

echobucket posted:

It looks like the phones will have to be jailbroken (jailbreaked?) after doing some more research.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

synthetik posted:

It looks like the phones will have to be jailbroken (jailbreaked?) after doing some more research.
Closest I can think of is doing Google Apps for your domain and using Google Voice from there (by porting the numbers?), but I have no clue if the latter is usable for Google Apps/organization like that, or if you can monitor user activity to that extent.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Seems like your cel service provider should have some sort of option for big bro access when it comes to business accounts. Have you asked them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

webmeister posted:

:aaaaa:
Thanks so much for this! I never knew this setting existed, so I've got no idea why it turned itself off for my entire library, but at least my problem is fixed :woop:

This won't fix the bug entirely, all it will do is treat your music like audiobooks and the next time you skip a track in the middle and them listen to it again it will start in the middle. I don't think it fixes the bug where the playlist won't remember where you are after you pause the music.

• Locked thread