Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

djw175 posted:

We have numbers for the DoS attack we apparently made. A whole 600 million bits per second. Also known as .6 Gigabits per second.

So....like less than a full T3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CommieGIR posted:

So....like less than a full T3?

That would be 12 iPhone 5s accessing the website at the same time, not dos-ing, just accessing it. TE easily pulls down 20Mbps over cellular. Also right after they launch on Fox News. Basically they are just incompetent.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 3, 2013

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

18 Character Limit posted:

All white is typically their IP ban.

It's also their philosophy in general.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

In looking through my old images folder, I found this. Someone on SA made it way back and it's pretty much true.

Edit: They Live is an awesome movie and if you haven't seen it then go watch it right now.

Faust
Oct 28, 2005

"Everything in this world is here for a reason; thus we may conclude that all is necessarily for the best in this best of all possible worlds!"

Alex DeLarge posted:

Is anyone having trouble getting to the site? It's just white. Or maybe they just banned Jeff the "TEA PATRIOT"

:ohdear:

Your comments have disappeared as well, though now it looks like Renee is trying to oust someone else as a troll:

For context: Being uncreative and unorignal, I set up a poll asking people to vote for their favourite religious verse. Very quickly someone pointed out that all of the options are from the Quran. I pointed out that I didn't specify which religious text they came from. The funny thing is that some people will add their own favourite Biblical verse, and despite others actively pointing out the evils of Islam other people are still voting on the poll (of course, not every account is legitimate).

My favourite thing so far is this article, which is supposed to refute my argument that religious tolerance and dialogue is generally better than the wholesale elimination of one side of the debate: https://www.teapartycommunity.com/blog/2794/kafir-dreams/. I'm far from a religious scholar, so maybe I'm missing something there.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I know ButtonJ has a lot to come back and respond to (and I really hope he does) and people have already done a pretty good job of refuting his claims so I won't pile on, but I really wanted to emphasize how much I loving hate when people disingenuously talk about Obama's "tax hikes." He let income tax cuts expire, you morons, he didn't jack up rates on his own out of some deep-seated hatred for Americans. And the rate increase only appreciably affects the very richest of Americans, so you'll see virtually no change and have nothing to bitch about unless you're making $400K+ a year. Taxes are still incredibly low historically, and are miles away from "taking half of what someone earned" as ButtonJ claimed in the last thread. gently caress.

I don't get Tom. Half the time he just seems like an ignorant ultra-religious but harmless and well-meaning guy, and the rest of the time he just posts hateful poo poo like this.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I could explain the anatomical and physiological reasons why it's much easier for two gay men to transmit HIV than it is a woman to a man (note: not a man to a woman), but I don't even feel like engaging that fool.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hazo posted:

I know ButtonJ has a lot to come back and respond to (and I really hope he does) and people have already done a pretty good job of refuting his claims so I won't pile on, but I really wanted to emphasize how much I loving hate when people disingenuously talk about Obama's "tax hikes." He let income tax cuts expire, you morons, he didn't jack up rates on his own out of some deep-seated hatred for Americans. And the rate increase only appreciably affects the very richest of Americans, so you'll see virtually no change and have nothing to bitch about unless you're making $400K+ a year. Taxes are still incredibly low historically, and are miles away from "taking half of what someone earned" as ButtonJ claimed in the last thread. gently caress.
I don't get Tom. Half the time he just seems like an ignorant ultra-religious but harmless and well-meaning guy, and the rest of the time he just posts hateful poo poo like this.

Yeah actual taxes paid for top brackets decreased over time due to job creator propaganda dropping down the rates and opening up even more cushy shelters if you have enough good accountants.

Someone clever like mittens easily gets the rate down to 11 to 13 percent.

This is a handy link:
http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2013-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

For example in the good old 1950s going over 200,000 got you a 91% tax rate, while in the 2013 Obama Reich the tax rate for the top bracket is 39.6%.

etalian fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 3, 2013

BlackJoo
Sep 26, 2011

That's not a dagger, it's called a syringe!

escape artist posted:

I could explain the anatomical and physiological reasons why it's much easier for two gay men to transmit HIV than it is a woman to a man (note: not a man to a woman), but I don't even feel like engaging that fool.

He would only use that to justify his "argument". You could expect "YEAH THATS CAUSE GOD MAKE SEX FOR ONLY MAN AND A WOMEN" or something along those lines.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

etalian posted:

Yeah actual taxes paid for top brackets decreased over time due to job creator propaganda dropping down the rates and opening up even more cushy shelters if you have enough good accountants.

Some clever like mittens easily gets the rate down to 11 to 13 percent.

This is a handy link:
http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2013-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

For example in the good old 1950s going over 200,000 got you a 91% tax rate, while in the 2013 Obama Reich the tax rate for the top bracket is 39.6%.

Hell, even going "back to the rates of the Reagan years" (as I've seen folks proclaim as an ideal situation) would jack the top tax bracket back up to 70%. I'd settle for the long national nightmare of peace and prosperity we had during the Clinton years where it was all the way up to 39.6% on income above $250,000. The horror. The horror.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

Hell, even going "back to the rates of the Reagan years" (as I've seen folks proclaim as an ideal situation) would jack the top tax bracket back up to 70%. I'd settle for the long national nightmare of peace and prosperity we had during the Clinton years where it was all the way up to 39.6% on income above $250,000. The horror. The horror.

Also it's fun trolling them with Reagan quotes on how he believed in a special millionaire tax since it was more and balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbJ-Fs1ikA

I guess a good amount of the TPC community is creating a false simplistic view of the past that's doesn't line up with actual facts such as their taxes too high talking point.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
It's almost like these people are denying reality and just repeating things a talking head has told them they believe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

djw175 posted:

It's almost like these people are denying reality and just repeating things a talking head has told them they believe.

Let's consult the wisdom of the god-like founding fathers,"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.

Winston posted:

When going through a proxy, the global feed never loads up for me. Anyone else having that problem?

edit: it's made it impossible to troll since I got IP banned, and I've tried lots of different proxies with no luck.

It typically takes me at least five tries to get an unbanned proxy using Stealthy. It's getting harder as time goes on, and once my Irish proxy got banned because of some other troll while I was using it.
Just keep trying, and once you get hooked up don't let it go.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

etalian posted:

Let's consult the wisdom of the god-like founding fathers,"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

After that lovely American Carol movie I've always wanted to make a short where some Tea Party type summons the Founding Fathers to back him up, and they are nothing like what he expected. Thomas Jefferson isn't the bible thumper he was hoping for (and bangs his slaves), Ben Franklin loves French whores, Washington is incredulous that even the most crazy irresponsible American can own firearms that advanced etc

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

After that lovely American Carol movie I've always wanted to make a short where some Tea Party type summons the Founding Fathers to back him up, and they are nothing like what he expected. Thomas Jefferson isn't the bible thumper he was hoping for (and bangs his slaves), Ben Franklin loves French whores, Washington is incredulous that even the most crazy irresponsible American can own firearms that advanced etc

Add a subplot of Franklin being shown around modern day "adult book" stores and learning all the various modern forms for safe sex.

Winston
Sep 20, 2005
smiling obediently

Wet and ready posted:

It typically takes me at least five tries to get an unbanned proxy using Stealthy. It's getting harder as time goes on, and once my Irish proxy got banned because of some other troll while I was using it.
Just keep trying, and once you get hooked up don't let it go.

Thanks. I have no problem finding an unbanned proxy and getting in, logging in, and getting to the home page. I just can't ever get the global feed to load up. If I walk out into my driveway and suck off the neighbor's connection/IP, it loads right up, just not on any proxies I can find. I've been trying all week.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

HackerJoeGuy posted:

Add a subplot of Franklin being shown around modern day "adult book" stores and learning all the various modern forms for safe sex.

:aaa: "You test these condoms, with electricity?"

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

HackerJoeGuy posted:

It may be just what the D&D thread was talking about with regard to Republicans, but I'm looking forward to the background vignette of Aaron Burr committing a drive-by shooting and trying to sell the Statue of Liberty to Venezuela.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

They are approaching Miles Prower's understanding of trolls.

C.C.C.P.
Aug 26, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BlackJoo posted:

He would only use that to justify his "argument". You could expect "YEAH THATS CAUSE GOD MAKE SEX FOR ONLY MAN AND A WOMEN" or something along those lines.

Which is when you point out that lesbian couples have an even lower rate of STDs than hetero couples.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

The next time I write a paper, I'm going to list my sources as "it's true."

Also, don't listen to the government!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Parallax Scroll posted:

Citation and Sources is for Liberal Scientists and their conspiracies. The only way you can properly test the truth of it is to pray.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing is True, Macros are permitted

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Citation and Sources is for Liberal Scientists and their conspiracies. The only way you can properly test the truth of it is to pray.

Peer review means you count the "fw:"s on the email.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Parallax Scroll posted:

That's right, nonpartisan government agencies that produce research and studies are really just "doctoring" their results. It turns out that almost all research ever done is a lie!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Like, I'm not even saying I doubt their numbers. I just want to know where they came from. It probably doesn't even occur to them what that would be important. Why source things when you can just say stuff?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

ButtonJ posted:

whatever. Maybe your experience is different. To be fair, my experience was in the late 80s. Maybe it's different now.

This might be a few pages back, but you're full of poo poo.

During REFORGER 86 and 88, and during Desert Storm, 20 round magazines were rarely issued. 101st Airborne deployed with and handed out 30 round magazines.

20-Round magazines were largely viewed as a left-over, and were recommended against being used by armorers because the spring in it had a tendency to push the bottom out of the magazine due to the fact that is was the spring from the 30-round magazine crammed into a smaller body. At the very most people carried a 20 round magazine in their Kevlar band or in their back pocket.

Plus the ammunition pouch was designed for 30 round magazines, meaning a 20-round magazine was actually too far into the pouch to easily grab, another reason they were not issued.

However, Mack Bolan fiction and Tom Clancy fiction from the 1980's often have people locking and loading a 20 round magazine, even though the mantra in Basic Training was "Lock and Load One Thirty Round Magazine".

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Wildlife Analysis posted:

That's right, nonpartisan government agencies that produce research and studies are really just "doctoring" their results. It turns out that almost all research ever done is a lie!

I get all my facts from ImageBlitz!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Armitage posted:

I get all my facts from ImageBlitz!

I get my facts from Facebook

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Taylor "already reported to the FBI for talking about killing the president, but not banned" Schrembs is still going.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

Taylor "already reported to the FBI for talking about killing the president, but not banned" Schrembs is still going.

Isn't this what people sound like right before they shoot up post offices? :gonk:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

God I'd love to know what the FBI is going to find when they start looking into this kid. You just know his parents are completely loving nuts also.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hey gun goons, this is making the rounds on the TPC global feed. Is this actually a thing or is it just Teabaggers jerking off to guns from movies? I know people like AKs because they're nigh-on indestructible but can't imagine this is true.

50 Foot Ant posted:

This might be a few pages back, but you're full of poo poo.

During REFORGER 86 and 88, and during Desert Storm, 20 round magazines were rarely issued. 101st Airborne deployed with and handed out 30 round magazines.

20-Round magazines were largely viewed as a left-over, and were recommended against being used by armorers because the spring in it had a tendency to push the bottom out of the magazine due to the fact that is was the spring from the 30-round magazine crammed into a smaller body. At the very most people carried a 20 round magazine in their Kevlar band or in their back pocket.

Plus the ammunition pouch was designed for 30 round magazines, meaning a 20-round magazine was actually too far into the pouch to easily grab, another reason they were not issued.

However, Mack Bolan fiction and Tom Clancy fiction from the 1980's often have people locking and loading a 20 round magazine, even though the mantra in Basic Training was "Lock and Load One Thirty Round Magazine".
Hahahah holy poo poo

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Hazo posted:

Hey gun goons, this is making the rounds on the TPC global feed. Is this actually a thing or is it just Teabaggers jerking off to guns from movies? I know people like AKs because they're nigh-on indestructible but can't imagine this is true.

Hahahah holy poo poo

Why would a gun made in 1947 be better than a more modern one? :confused:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

:stare:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Hazo posted:

As far as I know, it's too broad to make a distinction either way. Better at what? Better how? Are we talking about the 1947 original Kalashnikov or a modern AKM made decades later possibly in a different country?

edit:

djw175 posted:

Why would a gun made in 1947 be better than a more modern one? :confused:

I never finished it, but I read a book about the AK-47 suggesting that it was manufactured to much looser tolerances than a typical Western-made firearm, meaning that it still worked even if banged out of shape to a degree that other guns would be nonfunctional in. That also meant it was a bit less accurate but the whole point of it was that typical WWII bolt-action infantry rifles never needed to be shot at distances that required the theoretical accuracy they had.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 3, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

Hahahah holy poo poo

Well for one, the AK-47 cost less...and its more fun.

But you know those Tea Partiers, they just want their true Red-Blooded American AR-15

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They use the AK in 'Red Dawn' and plenty of these people draw reality from fiction. Ironically enough that movie was Reagan Era propaganda to connect Red Blooded Americans with the Mujahadeen fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Its an awesome gun but my state has always had an AWB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

McDowell posted:

They use the AK in 'Red Dawn' and plenty of these people draw reality from fiction. Ironically enough that movie was Reagan Era propaganda to connect Red Blooded Americans with the Mujahadeen fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Its an awesome gun but my state has always had an AWB.

Don't forget which side Rambo fought in Afghanistan.

Nowadays SEAL Team Six would shoot him in the face.

• Locked thread