Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Hollis posted:

The only nitpick I had about that issue was Spider Man picking him up BY THE HEAD. Like seriously that would just kill him.

Maybe the Wizard managed to compress and fit his ridiculously over-sized helmet into Clone's...Lord Bentley's...skull for protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hollis posted:

The only nitpick I had about that issue was Spider Man picking him up BY THE HEAD. Like seriously that would just kill him.

Guy has held back for years. Doc learned this by punching the jaw off someone so I think he picked up on the "you're really stupid strong now" aspect of being Spidey.

His page with the FF was amazing. Lang's "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh no" should be here.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
No he means, picking someone up by the head like that would kill them.

Thankfully this is less true in children.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm vaguely sure I remember picking my little brother up by the head when he was about five or six or something and he is still very much alive, so I'm sure the kid would be fine.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Cuchulain posted:

Thankfully this is less true in children.

It's not true for adults either. In a hanging the condemned either die from suffocation or only if the rope is long enough to let them build up speed first, a snapped neck.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

It's not true for adults either. In a hanging the condemned either die from suffocation or only if the rope is long enough to let them build up speed first, a snapped neck.

Or a ripped off head.

Content
Hellboy in Mexico

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 1, 2013

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Your neck and your head are different things.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Also a radioactive spider bite wouldn't give you the powers of a spider! Immersion ruined!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Cuchulain posted:

I realize lots of comic artists don't know much about anatomy, but I'm starting to think comic fans know even less.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uthor posted:

Spidey is great with children.

The overlooked gem: "Sadly, my pacifist nature precludes me from babysitting." :chord:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

Or a ripped off head.

Content
Hellboy in Mexico

I hope that's Numero Cinco and they're about to go beat up El Diablo Robotico.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

bobkatt013 posted:

Content
Hellboy in Mexico

That's a funny panel out of context, but once you know how Hellboy in Mexico ends, it's just sad. :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have no idea where this is from.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats the Beyonder from Secret Wars II. Welp.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Secret Wars II, a series best left unremembered.

CURSES, SYNTHORANGE! :doom:

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
I've been reading Erik Larsen's run on Amazing and while there's probably funnier panels, this unintentional bit started cracking me up.

For context, Peter thinks Aunt May is dying when he overhears a doctor on the phone, but it's actually May's handicapped fiancee Nathan. Nathan's a grouch, but May loves him. From ASM #326:

Again, from ASM #330:

And again, in ASM #334:

To be fair, I think it's just that readers weren't supposed to read six months worth of stories in a day, but by the third time it cracked me up.

Also from the same era:

ASM #331, wherein the Punisher and Spidey track down an evil military school commandant:

Also, Flash and Felicia dress like it's the early 1990's (ASM #337):

laz0rbeak fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 3, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Secret Wars II, a series best left unremembered.

CURSES, SYNTHORANGE! :doom:

I have the omnibus and you are making me want to get it out and start posting random pages.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

laz0rbeak posted:

Haha, Flash is hairy as hell and everybody is floating on this page.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thugs are inspired from a music band.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I think that's Meat Loaf and Slash.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Matlock posted:

The blonde is Glenn Danzig, you can tell by the height. The guy in the skull t-shirt is Michael Jackson being incognito.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

laz0rbeak posted:

And again, in ASM #334:

Holy poo poo, Mary Jane is lookin' rough without makeup.

VVV: No, it's a reference to "I think that face art looks like crap". I was unaware of any controversy.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 3, 2013

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Holy poo poo, Mary Jane is lookin' rough without makeup.

I really hope that's a reference to the current ridiculous controversy surrounding the ASM2 set pictures of Shailene Woodley.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

laz0rbeak posted:

I've been reading Erik Larsen's run on Amazing and while there's probably funnier panels, this unintentional bit started cracking me up.

For context, Peter thinks Aunt May is dying when he overhears a doctor on the phone, but it's actually May's handicapped fiancee Nathan. Nathan's a grouch, but May loves him. From ASM #326:

Again, from ASM #330:

And again, in ASM #334:

To be fair, I think it's just that readers weren't supposed to read six months worth of stories in a day, but by the third time it cracked me up.

Also from the same era:

ASM #331, wherein the Punisher and Spidey track down an evil military school commandant:

Was it Liefeld or Todd who drew these monstrosities?

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Maybe it was Larsen :ssh:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I really hope that's a reference to the current ridiculous controversy surrounding the ASM2 set pictures of Shailene Woodley.

This is the best reference to real life events

This was a statue that marvel created

Thunderbolts Breaking Point

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

laz0rbeak posted:

To be fair, it was the early '90s.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Matlock posted:

Dude on the far right looks like Joey Ramone.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

laz0rbeak posted:

Flash in zoobas is the best thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Look at all those feet, that's clearly not Liefield.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Practical Demon posted:

Flash in zoobas is the best thing.

I'm guessing you mean Zubaz don't feel bad though I only know how it's spelled because Eddie Brock once forced the symbiote to become a pair and the artist wrote the name on the pants just to make sure everyone knew.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TwoPair posted:

Savage Wolverine #2: Shanna & Wolverine, BFFs. Also featuring meta-humor!

The fourth panel has got to be one of the subliminally filthiest I've seen this year. :pervert:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

SirDan3k posted:

I'm guessing you mean Zubaz don't feel bad though I only know how it's spelled because Eddie Brock once forced the symbiote to become a pair and the artist wrote the name on the pants just to make sure everyone knew.

Serves me right for going by Google's auto search complete and not actually searching. And that may be the cruelest thing Eddie has ever done.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SirDan3k posted:

Venom: Funeral Pyre #1.

I wonder if there are any panels of Mac Gargan in Zubaz.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

He also can give you the best Valentine Day presents.

This panel never really made sense to me. Psychopaths sometimes profess to deeply love somebody they seriously abuse, but this is because they don't really understand what "love" means. If true love and anguish hold some sort of supernatural power (this is a comic book) then these netherdemons aren't really getting what they asked for.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Larsen's art is cartoony and it does suffer a bit from being published in 1990 as Jim Lee and McFarlane's styles were dominating the company, but "monstrosities"? His art is really fun on Amazing! I especially like his cartoon-y take on Ditko's style in his Sinister Six storyline.

That's not to say that his panel of Flash Thompson wearing Zubaz isn't hilarious. I have no idea where Flash and Felicia were coming from or going to dressed like that.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Baron Bifford posted:

This panel never really made sense to me. Psychopaths sometimes profess to deeply love somebody they seriously abuse, but this is because they don't really understand what "love" means. If true love and anguish hold some sort of supernatural power (this is a comic book) then these netherdemons aren't really getting what they asked for.

Doom isn't a psychopath.

HE IS DOOM!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Baron Bifford posted:

The netherdemons aren't 'getting' the love and don't care if it's real - the bargain isn't for that, the bargain is for Doom to knowingly and irretrievably drat himself.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Veotax posted:

Saw this one on imgur.

Injustice: Gods Among Us #5

Well now I can't help but hear Green Arrow's voice as Cyril's from Archer.

Ultimate Civil War: Spider-Ham is the source, I think.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baron Bifford posted:

It was also out of character in general and kindof a lovely storyline. You can't have it all, but you CAN have nothing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Well now I can't help but hear Green Arrow's voice as Cyril's from Archer.

Ultimate Civil War: Spider-Ham is the source, I think.
Fourteen years? I heard medical school is long but that seems ridiculous.

• Locked thread