Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I love the fan art when Arino and Hamaguchi appear together. Yay for Yoiko and Game Center CX!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?

univbee posted:

Long thought to have been lost to fire, the original non-challenge segments of episode 39 were miraculously found in perfect condition in a Korean mental institution's video game room.

This is my favorite film preservation story ever.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

joek0 posted:

I love the fan art when Arino and Hamaguchi appear together. Yay for Yoiko and Game Center CX!

Here's one question I have to ask. I haven't seen all of the GCCX episodes, so I was wondering if Hamaguchi ever shows up on GCCX, via the TV show or the DVDs?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Aku posted:

Here's one question I have to ask. I haven't seen all of the GCCX episodes, so I was wondering if Hamaguchi ever shows up on GCCX, via the TV show or the DVDs?
I think he was on at least one of the live New Year's Eve specials (and maybe some other live challenges).

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012

ultimatemegax posted:

Why go through Auctions when Amazon Japan is selling it straight from their site? (Lowest price currently is a third party company, but you can see the "Amazon.co.jp" option on the side) No need to do the hassles of reverse-importing when your biggest online retailer does it for you.

I was looking at the auction site for GCCX merch in general (and other unrelated things), actually. Mostly what gets sold are the Region 2 DVDs and the DS games, but every once in a while I see something different (like the aforementioned doujinshi, as well as the "I'm a 40s gamer" mousepad). Actually, they have a GCCX T-shirt and a set of Queen and Prince plushies up for auction as well...!

I suppose reverse-importation is even easier with Blu-Rays, since Japan and North America are in the same region code.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Aku posted:

Hamaguchi has only appeared on GCCX in video segments during the live shows.

However, immediately after the 2010/2011 GCCX New Year's Special there was a Yoiko 2010/2011 New Year's Special where Hamaguchi was dressed in a GCCX uniform and he and Arino teamed up to play Kirby Super Stars. In the seven hour broadcast they really only play for about three hours, but that's because it's a special for Yoiko not Game Center CX.

Hamaguchi's dog appears a lot in that special. It seems to like Arino a lot and absolutely hate the cameraman...

bpc908 posted:

Anyone know if there are translated versions of the manga story from book 3 and the one drawn by Abe in Game Center CX Complete?

The manga at the end of book three has been translated but I don't have it handy. I'm sure someone will be along soon enough with it.

Abe's manga has never been translated. The first occurrence of it is short: just three, one page gags. He later does a story that's about six pages long and includes more references.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
That's pretty relieving to hear for me. I love Arino, but Yoiko are also a fun pair so I'm glad to hear they managed to do something together on GCCX.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Arino, Hamaguchi, and the poor little dog!

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Random Stranger posted:

Abe's manga has never been translated. The first occurrence of it is short: just three, one page gags. He later does a story that's about six pages long and includes more references.

Ahh, I was hoping for a pretty sizable story with the Delinquent Daimyos

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I haven't seen Abe's first comic but the second one is just making fun of Arino. And there is hoyay between Urakawa & Sasano and Toujima & Tanii. Also there are bikes.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

univbee posted:

Shinya Arino's Mighty Bomb Jack non-challenge segments are as truly mythic as any television ever shot, their artistic achievement rivaled by their turbulent history. The focal point of controversy when released in 2006, the original unedited tape was lost for a half-decade. Long thought to have been lost to fire, the original non-challenge segments of episode 39 were miraculously found in perfect condition in a Korean mental institution's video game room.

SAGCCX is proud to present this milestone compilation of episode 39's segments of The Romantic Never Ends, and the final 1987 Famicom releases overview in a new special edition, restored from the original negatives using state-of-the art technology provided by the leading scientists of NASA and Tokyu Hands, and an all-new translation by zari-gani, the only survivor of the episode's original screening in the previously mentioned Korean mental institution.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 45.38 MB)
View torrent stats

http://depositfiles.com/files/59iyo1986

You get no points for pointing out which two things I'm referencing/spoofing in that post.

Excited about this download and quoting it for the new page! Whee! :toot:

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Random Stranger posted:

Hamaguchi's dog appears a lot in that special. It seems to like Arino a lot and absolutely hate the cameraman...

I've never wanted to watch a seven hour live special before but now I really, really want to watch this.

Is there a link to a raw anywhere? I like, need this, subtitled or no.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

zari-gani posted:

I haven't seen Abe's first comic but the second one is just making fun of Arino. And there is hoyay between Urakawa & Sasano and Toujima & Tanii. Also there are bikes.

This sounds like the best comic ever, honestly.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

zari-gani posted:

...go on...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I'm not going to scanlate the whole thing (buy the book!) but seriously, this is the gist of it. Minus the lack of bikes.

ETA: Okay, one more tiny scan. No translation needed.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 6, 2013

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I've never wanted to watch a seven hour live special before but now I really, really want to watch this.

Is there a link to a raw anywhere? I like, need this, subtitled or no.

I did have the raw on my YT channel, but FujiTV is pulling GCCX vidoes off of YT lately. Sorry if I can't help you watch it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The live specials all sound good on paper and then you try and watch them.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

univbee posted:

Shinya Arino's Mighty Bomb Jack non-challenge segments are as truly mythic as any television ever shot, their artistic achievement rivaled by their turbulent history. The focal point of controversy when released in 2006, the original unedited tape was lost for a half-decade. Long thought to have been lost to fire, the original non-challenge segments of episode 39 were miraculously found in perfect condition in a Korean mental institution's video game room.

SAGCCX is proud to present this milestone compilation of episode 39's segments of The Romantic Never Ends, and the final 1987 Famicom releases overview in a new special edition, restored from the original negatives using state-of-the art technology provided by the leading scientists of NASA and Tokyu Hands, and an all-new translation by zari-gani, the only survivor of the episode's original screening in the previously mentioned Korean mental institution.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 45.38 MB)
View torrent stats

http://depositfiles.com/files/59iyo1986

You get no points for pointing out which two things I'm referencing/spoofing in that post.

It was short but sweet :3: and the best part of that sumo game was the title :/

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Even though the new video was super short, it was still quite enjoyable. Once again, you guys are nothing but awesome in my eyes. :)

Mister Chief posted:

The live specials all sound good on paper and then you try and watch them.
Thanks for reminding me of the 40th Birthday Pilotwings challenge. While it was pretty fun watching the live challenge in action for the first time and seeing all of Arino's gifts was awesome (although like an idiot, I went to bed ~10 minutes before he got zari's awesome gift :doh:), it makes you appreciate all the editing that goes into the regular challenges.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
The live specials are fun to watch live, but ONLY if you watch them live. I can't imagine watching them recorded or anything like that.

I had a great time watching the Pilotwings special, but it helped that I came in towards the end when a lot of great stuff was happening and that I spent most of his actual gameplay time trying to figure out how to send a fax to Japan. I am absolutely not the sort of person who gets frustrated with Arino's gameplay skills but you can only watch Arino crash a plane so many times before you start yelling "JUST LAND IT!!!".

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't forget that our very own Ray Branholt (who's nonsense username I can't remember) did extensive write ups of most of the live challenges on his site. You could probably find raws and use the guides to skip to the juicy bits.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sorry if it's ever been asked before but does anyone know the name of this song that plays at the end of a bunch of episodes? Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8PHVOUpj7w&t=3419s

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

KimT posted:

Sorry if it's ever been asked before but does anyone know the name of this song that plays at the end of a bunch of episodes? Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8PHVOUpj7w&t=3419s

That's Watanabe's song from episode 100: Wrecking Crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFLj0boou0&t=3139s

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh, I forgot all about that. Thanks!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I found it amusing/confusing that in the Shiren the Wanderer challenge bits, there's a bit of a disconnect between what they say and what they actually show on screen:

Either they used the wrong image, or they're saying something about how old Arino really is... :v:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

Either they used the wrong image, or they're saying something about how old Arino really is... :v:
I thought the arcade manager in Part 1 of the Mega Man 4 challenge treated Arino as if Arino were truly only as old as he felt/acted. The man all but patted Arino on the head a couple times there.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

FredMSloniker posted:

I found it amusing/confusing that in the Shiren the Wanderer challenge bits, there's a bit of a disconnect between what they say and what they actually show on screen:

:eng99: Actually that was another number related mistake I made... The narration even clearly says his result lands him in the late forties but I must have been tripped up by the fact that they frame the result he should be getting. Even though the big, giant red number clearly doesn't match what's been framed. I am terribly embarrassed and I'm sorry.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 6, 2013

Pulled Pork
Jun 11, 2011

zari-gani posted:

:eng99: Actually that was another number related mistake I made... The narration even clearly says his result lands him in the late forties but I must have been tripped up by the fact that they frame the result he should be getting. Even though the big, giant red number clearly doesn't match what's been framed. I am terribly embarrassed and I'm sorry.

I couldn't resist after seeing that:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Gutcruncher posted:

It's all so clear now, Watanabe is Japanese Adelle.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I need my fix for the day :choco:

Also found out the work uniform for my costume is going to around $80 to import from Japan, reasonable price?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bpc908 posted:

I need my fix for the day :choco:

Sorry, we're done for the time being. It's going to be a few days before the next release. There are a few already being worked on, though, including a two parter!

So after that coastal area devastating deluge we are left with five episodes between seasons one and fifteen that are not available. That's 121 episodes covered. Total episodes left: 35 (plus the assorted DVD bonus challenges, Nintendo Channel stuff, and so on).

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Ahh drat and you guys were on a roll too. It was cool having a release everyday so far

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Sorry, we're done for the time being. It's going to be a few days before the next release. There are a few already being worked on, though, including a two parter!

So after that coastal area devastating deluge we are left with five episodes between seasons one and fifteen that are not available. That's 121 episodes covered. Total episodes left: 35 (plus the assorted DVD bonus challenges, Nintendo Channel stuff, and so on).

I think you meant there are 5 episodes left from the first 14 seasons. Can't wait to see the more recent subs. Can't wait to see Space Hunter episode raw soon. I just wish FujiTV would not crack down so hard on GCCX YT videos. GCCX raws are getting hard to find on YT.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

bpc908 posted:

Ahh drat and you guys were on a roll too. It was cool having a release everyday so far

I've fallen super behind, so I don't mind a break. But, I'm selfish like that.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

bpc908 posted:

You know what's even cooler? Not pestering the folks that are bringing us these releases.

Just chill, things will be done in their own good time.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

You know what's even cooler? Not pestering the folks that are bringing us these releases.

Just chill, things will be done in their own good time.

I agree. It just comes off as being impatient and ungrateful even if that isn't the intent.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks to the recent glut I have a backlog of TV to watch about a middle-aged Japanese man sucking atplaying old video games, and there's a sentence I never thought I'd write. :v:

Thanks SAGCCX!

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Thanks again for the amazing slew of recent releases!

SAGCCX, what are games to you?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Games are life, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Games should be played for 12 hours a day