Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

I've never seen one in person, but walking around Tampa, FL yesterday I happened to spot this. I have to say it was a religious experience. I knocked on the door, but the owner wasn't home. Oh well.

A proper one with real headlights too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Daveh posted:

All three are already spoken for.

So what you're saying is that two out of three will probably show up in JuanChai's thread at some point?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

davebo posted:

I don't know, is this any better?

It is indeed, utterly mental looking. :v:

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
I love it. It's an utterly insane car, akin to some of the wilder hot wheels, except they're actually going to make it. I don't even care how fast it goes around a track. If it looks that nuts and is a Lambo, it needs to be loud and go fast in a straight line. With 700+ HP, job well done.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Does this count as awesome, AI, or car????

Some dude in Japan will build you a mech for 1.3 million dollars. Has water bottle rockets, Gatling airsoft guns activated by smiling, and goes up to 10km an hour.
Cup holder is extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iZ0WuNvHr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29MD29ekoKI

The best part about it is probably that it runs on diesel.

http://suidobashijuko.jp/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's pretty old and slow.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That's the price you pay for 3g integration.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
When will it become a sex robot? Isn't that what they do with all robots over there eventually?

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
The moment someone mounts quad gatling cocks, activated by ogling.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ferrari/62978/ferrari-laferrari-pictures/page/6/0#main-content-area

Ferrari not letting Lambo take all the spotlight:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

And people complained about the front overhang on the Lambo. That Ferrari has 4th gen F-Body sized front hang over

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Hmm actually I kind of like the new Ferrari look!
The lambo, not so much.

Edit: Christ, that is a loving terrible name. I finally looked at the article.

Kachunkachunk fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 6, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And Dumbest loving Name EverTm syndrome.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They were going to release a German version, but DieFerrari just didn't seem right.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

You Am I posted:

And people complained about the front overhang on the Lambo. That Ferrari has 4th gen F-Body sized front hang over

Oh hey

From the related pics at the bottom (and it's only a concept, but still)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I like that Ferrari but then I noticed the odd little centre lip which is red and then for some reason black. Bit peculiar... Very dirty photoshop. Considering the little uprights red too.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

My favorite thing from Geneva so far: Link

quote:

According to ItalDesign Giugiaro, the Parcour weighs in at around 3,400 pounds is capable of a 0 to 62 run of 3.6 seconds and it boasts a top speed of around 200 miles per hour. Ride height is adjustable from the cabin, ranging from 8.2 inches all the way up to 13 inches. A kind of terrain dial can be used inside with settings for Comfort, Off-Road, Ice and Track modes.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

88h88 posted:

I like that Ferrari but then I noticed the odd little centre lip which is red and then for some reason black. Bit peculiar... Very dirty photoshop. Considering the little uprights red too.

It's a loving alligator.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

88h88 posted:

I think it's supposed to emulate an F1 front diffuser, but yeah it doesn't look right considering how the whole car seems less F1 inspired than previous Ferrari hypercars.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

dubzee posted:

My favorite thing from Geneva so far: Link

I saw that at Jalopnik. It took me a while to overcome the stupid lambo doors, but now I'm really liking this thing. It's like a supercar and a musclecar had a baby.

Apologies for the stupid text on it, but this pic really shows it off well:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Looks like a hot wheel, in a good way. Also the "Laferrari"(what were they thinking?) will probably look amazing in black.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I wish Ferrari would make more of a F40-ish raw deal kind of car again.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I think the age of the raw, racecar-for-the-street supercar is gone. The things that engineers can do with electronically controlled drivetrains, suspension, and aerodynamics aren't allowed in racing and give the customers what they want: maximum performance without having to own a racecar that they can't show off on the street. The supercars of today are more "what-if?" racecars with leather interiors, and they sell well.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

I think they will. A sort of LaFerrari FXX for the road type deal.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Gorilla Salad posted:

I saw that at Jalopnik. It took me a while to overcome the stupid lambo doors, but now I'm really liking this thing. It's like a supercar and a musclecar had a baby.

Technically not Lambo doors? (:spergin: sorry)

I love the Parcour but it'll never see the light of day. I think it's one of the most interesting cars I've seen in years. Giugiaro designs The Best Cars, I'm pretty sure I can pick a car of his from every decade that's hands down my favourite.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echoplex posted:

I love the Parcour but it'll never see the light of day. I think it's one of the most interesting cars I've seen in years. Giugiaro designs The Best Cars, I'm pretty sure I can pick a car of his from every decade that's hands down my favourite.

I've always wanted something like this. Essentially the car equivalent of a super motard; something handy on the road that can also hold it's own on a gravel or dirt track. Like one of the early WRX's but better and more off-road capable.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's very DeTomaso Pantera (which is a good thing IMO)

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Slavvy posted:

I've always wanted something like this. Essentially the car equivalent of a super motard; something handy on the road that can also hold it's own on a gravel or dirt track. Like one of the early WRX's but better and more off-road capable.

Me too. Basically my ideal car would be a WRX with a bit more refinement and an interior that doesn't feel like a 1995 economy car. Or from a different perspective, something like an Audi allroad that isn't entirely bankrupting on maintenance/reliability and with more of a driver focus/more guts.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guinness posted:

Me too. Basically my ideal car would be a WRX with a bit more refinement and an interior that doesn't feel like a 1995 economy car. Or from a different perspective, something like an Audi allroad that isn't entirely bankrupting on maintenance/reliability and with more of a driver focus/more guts.

One of these with a supercharged LS-whatever motor, 6 speed, cherokee AWD transfer case (np242?) and some King shocks and bumpstops.

It won't be pretty but you set set up in car ride height control, put it on the ground for road courses, and then bump it up and have a desert runner.

Oh and don't forget the wood vinyl paneling.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Octopus Magic posted:

You can't top the greatest supercar of all time.

One can dream though :allears:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Neptr posted:

I think the age of the raw, racecar-for-the-street supercar is gone. The things that engineers can do with electronically controlled drivetrains, suspension, and aerodynamics aren't allowed in racing and give the customers what they want: maximum performance without having to own a racecar that they can't show off on the street. The supercars of today are more "what-if?" racecars with leather interiors, and they sell well.

The customers who can buy those cars want an expensive doodad penis extention that they can boast about to their rich mates. "Yes it has one of them F1 diffuser thingies exactly like Schumacher does! Now where a girl to suck my dick?"

And I would have to point out there are a few racecar for the street supercars about, they tend to be hellishly quick but they dont sell because they dont have a badge. Ferrari on the other hand could sell 500 new F40 kind of monsters and have lines out the door demanding more. And frankly they should - throw out all the bullshit and go once again batshit insane with a genuine back to basics balls to the wall monster.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Slavvy posted:

Like a Bowler Nemesis?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

echoplex posted:

I know, it's just the generic derogatory term I use for any sort of vertical door. I've never been a fan of them, even on Lamborghinis. Too cumbersome, too annoying to get into and out of the car and, if you flip the car, you're utterly screwed.

There's only one car in history that I think has looked good with a door that lifts up:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Guinness posted:

Pay the extra for the STI? Honestly, the dramatic improvement on the interior when you go from WRX to STI was what sealed the deal for me. It's a bit finicky at low speeds, but it feels and sounds great when you open it up.

Strawberry
Jul 20, 2005

here is no why
:haw:

Strawberry fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 7, 2013

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's only one car in history that I think has looked good with a door that lifts up:

That sure is a funny looking DeLorean :colbert:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Just realized why I like the Parcour so much...

Now it just needs the Alitalia livery :getin:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

You guys need more doors opening in more ways. The futureliner is pretty incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Gorilla Salad posted:

I know, it's just the generic derogatory term I use for any sort of vertical door. I've never been a fan of them, even on Lamborghinis. Too cumbersome, too annoying to get into and out of the car and, if you flip the car, you're utterly screwed.

That sure is a funny looking MERCEDES 300 SLR :colbert:

(probably one of the handful of Mercedes ever built that are universally jaw dropping)