Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

dubzee posted:

Just realized why I like the Parcour so much...

Now it just needs the Alitalia livery :getin:

Ding! Seriously, this thing is like a Stratos hosed a Pantera, then that thing hosed an Aventador. It's just awesome all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Octopus Magic posted:

That sure is a funny looking MERCEDES 300 SLR :colbert:

(probably one of the handful of Mercedes ever built that are universally jaw dropping)

What a crazy car that was. It had a straight-8 engine, an air brake and a body made of magnesium alloy. Unfortunately that meant the body itself was flammable, contributing to the worst accident in motorsport history.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Oscar Meyer vehicle looks like the daily driver of Dick Butt.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sean10mm posted:

What a crazy car that was. It had a straight-8 engine, an air brake and a body made of magnesium alloy. Unfortunately that meant the body itself was flammable, contributing to the worst accident in motorsport history.

quote:

Its fallout also led to many car manufacturers pulling out of motorsport (including Mercedes), and even the temporary outlawing of circuit racing in several countries. Switzerland banned competitions in which cars race one another (but hillclimbs were still allowed), a ban which was only lifted in June 2007.

Wow. I never knew racing was ever banned in Switzerland.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

so are those hotdogs.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

They're not the greatest photos in the world since all I had on me was my phone, but I thought they were worth sharing. I was at the local Porsche dealership this evening for the launch of the new Cayman, and amongst all the usual 911s and otherwise, they also had some pretty special cars out in the workshop.

Portsmouth-20130307-00435 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

Portsmouth-20130307-00434 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

Portsmouth-20130307-00433 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

Portsmouth-20130307-00436 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

Portsmouth-20130307-00438 by Phil Tickner, on Flickr

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Stop using photobucket.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

sean10mm posted:

Not to mention direct injection and desmodromic valves.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Stop using photobucket.

I'm not, I'm using Flickr. Click the links if the thumbs aren't showing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
poo poo, you know what I meant. Hotlinking from Flickr doesn't work well. Stop doing it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
How come it never fails for JuanChai?

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

kimbo305 posted:

How come it never fails for JuanChai?

I think he has a premium account? Plus his pictures are too awesome to go away.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Basically all of dorkroom doesn't have a problem with Flickr either. Flickr is fine, reuploading images causes that error to appear.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Krakkles posted:

Basically all of dorkroom doesn't have a problem with Flickr either. Flickr is fine, reuploading images causes that error to appear.

This. Although I also have a premium account, I've never had a problem with embedding Flickr images here.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

......why?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Judging by the wheels, poor decision making skills?

Or, you know, because it's awesome?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
When I search for it I find links on broken Russian blogs. Figures.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Now that's a fast way to get a vehicle into service position.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The only interesting Volkswagen on the Internet.

Am I seeing parts of the driver controls attached, like a clutch pedal ?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

jonathan posted:

The only interesting Volkswagen on the Internet.

Am I seeing parts of the driver controls attached, like a clutch pedal ?
Agreed.

And I doubt it, because things like the clutch pedal aren't usually that well attached to the engine. I'd guess you're seeing the powertrain, the axles, and the front bumper/radiator support, basically anything solidly attached to the engine/transmission or in front of it.

I'm guessing they loosened the mounts up before doing this - running it hard in reverse once probably wouldn't catastrophically fail. I mean, until the planned failure, at least.

Strawberry
Jul 20, 2005

here is no why

Gonna yank the motor today, literally.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Got a sneak peek at the Minneapolis Auto Show tonight. It opens to the public tomorrow morning. Plenty of nice cars, but no C7 Corvette as I was hoping. The only Corvette is this ZR1:

We spent the most time at the rather large Audi booth.

S8:

RS5:

S7:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Speaking of those Audis, look at the Lincolns in the background. While Cadillac is making cars that generally look pretty neat. Nice stance, agressive lines etc, Lincoln is making really ugly bland funky looking cars. Why can't they make some cool looking cars ? Or atleast something classy. I have a soft spot for Ford, they're capable of really cool stuff, why can't they make an attractive luxury vehicle ?

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

jonathan posted:

Speaking of those Audis, look at the Lincolns in the background. While Cadillac is making cars that generally look pretty neat. Nice stance, agressive lines etc, Lincoln is making really ugly bland funky looking cars. Why can't they make some cool looking cars ? Or atleast something classy. I have a soft spot for Ford, they're capable of really cool stuff, why can't they make an attractive luxury vehicle ?

I think that S8 is pretty hot, by the by. Still, looking at the last 3-4 years of Audi styling themes, I've always felt that they were a little...off. I definitely found them attractive to look at and somewhat unique, but some silly little element just bothered me. I think I've finally figured it out. These Audis have nice, tight creases but are too rounded at the edges for me. Cadillac's sharp line styling appeals to me far more; I guess I just see it as a more polarizing design choice. It's that dash of German restraint. It works most of the time (even most of Bangle's BMW designs has grown on me) but in this case it feels a hair too neutered.

Anyway, enjoy a real GT500 doing donuts :dong:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
So Jalopnik decided to have a meetup in austin and I just happened to be in the neighborhood...Free Beer and Lobster Rolls provided :)

They had a new Viper there that they were taking on a road trip. I couldn't stop putting things on the engine.

But they did have a trunk full of beer

The rear emblem was the brake light

They also had the SRT Durango (but who gives a poo poo about that) and some Ford F250 Platinum TurboDiesel that was way too loving big. I didn't get any actual pictures of the full car because of I don't know. But I can confirm that the seats and driving position inside the viper were very comfortable. Surprisingly comfortable.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rabble posted:

SRT Durango (but who gives a poo poo about that)

All I read here was "SRT junkyard engine donors available in 10 years time"

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It's the Grand Cherokee, and yes, since it's by far the best selling SRT product most 6.4l engines will probably come from them. An SRT Durango would be pretty cool especially if they throw in the V10 instead of the V8 to differentiate it from the Jeep, but the Durango nameplate is being wound down and the replacement is going to be a Jeep too so there wouldn't be much of a marketing benefit.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Ferrari swap?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rabble posted:

They also had the SRT Durango (but who gives a poo poo about that)

I still want a Ram SRT-10 for some reason...:sigh:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's like it wished it was a Fiero.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Can any of you ID this car?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

b0nes fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 10, 2013

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's Maserati Gran Turismo:
http://img2.netcarshow.com/Maserati-GranTurismo_S_Automatic_2010_1280x960_wallpaper_17.jpg

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Who went somewhere fun today? Me.

I went somewhere that people just leave stupid stuff lying around.

What's this thing?

Oh, right.

And a GT-R? I'll take two. Or three.

Yes, I sat in it. What were they gonna do? Kick me out? That's fine. They'd kick me out after I sat in a GT-R. Fair trade.

Two blocks later, this crap.

Then another couple of blocks, some people just left this garbage stuck in a garage. No taste.

Not pictured: R390-GT1 (the car at the 1998 LeMans), BMW dealership, Honda scooter dealership (599cc maxi-scooter with yoshimura exhaust on the dyno), Porsche dealership.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Goddammit I was just there today and was about to post MY photos. (maybe we even crossed paths?)

Oh screw it I'll post mine since you missed taking pictures of the GT1 and the Motul GT-R on stage. Click for original 18mp untouched photos.

Why not just say what that awesome car was?

Also you missed the goddamned awesome interior of it:

That GT1 you missed out on:

The wicked Motul GT-R:

The line-up on the floor:

Did you get a chance to take a seat in the Leaf race car? It's pretty neat on the inside, and holy crap are real racing buckets tight. I could barely move, and I'm not a big guy. (How are you travelling 'round here? Live here? Goon meet? PM me and I'll send my email to you, goes to my cell phone out here)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Nissan race cars are by far the most awesome.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

What's this thing?

Oh, right.

Hooray it's my favorite car from Gran Turismo 2 :buddy:

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007

Brigdh posted:

Ferrari swap?

From another forum I post on :supaburn:

Last night I got to drive a Dodge Neon. With a full STi swap (yes, AWD too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

SyHopeful posted:

From another forum I post on :supaburn:

Last night I got to drive a Dodge Neon. With a full STi swap (yes, AWD too).

:getin:

This is maybe the best "yeah, but why not?" ever.