Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Run Dodo Run posted:

Got announced for the US at a Nintendo Direct, along with Harvest Moon GBC.

Looking forward to tomorrow to buy it and then realise that actually it was poo poo.

Are you referring to HM? Because if you're referring to River King, then we've got a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Typically when do digital downloads for new releases (Read: Monster Hunter :black101:) become available?

Typically, on the same day.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Space Fish posted:

Also, I'd like to reiterate that Game Boy Goemon is a pile of poo poo and harmed my love of the series. You have been warned!

Not as bad as Castlevania Adventure on the VC

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I can't believe Legend of the Mystical Ninja isn't on VC.

Actually I kind of can't believe that VC isn't much larger; I mean what, no Contra? There's plenty of old classics that I'm sure would sell well.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Actually I kind of can't believe that VC isn't much larger; I mean what, no Contra? There's plenty of old classics that I'm sure would sell well.

I'm pretty sure that Super C is on both the Wii and 3DS VC, and Contra III is on the Wii. There must be some licensing thing holding back the original Contra.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Typically, on the same day.

Should have been more specific. What time are they usually live?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

deadwing posted:

I'm pretty sure that Super C is on both the Wii and 3DS VC, and Contra III is on the Wii. There must be some licensing thing holding back the original Contra.

I don't know about Contra III, but the WiiWare Contra title is basically "let's suck Contra III's cock for forty-five minutes or so" and it's pretty great other than the homing missiles trailing so much smoke that it's hard to see what's going on sometimes.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Fire Emblem went up midnight EST of release day. That's probably standard.

(This is assuming you're in the States. I have no idea how other regions handle it!)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jet Set Jettison posted:

NOA is all over the place when it comes to retail downloads - sometimes they're up at midnight east coast time, sometime midnight west coast time, sometimes they go up at the same time as regular eShop games. We probably won't know when it's supposed to be coming until it's out.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am in the states, so I should expect some time at midnight in some time zone. The likelyhood of it being available to download while I'm at work seems pretty good then!

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

68k posted:

Are you referring to HM? Because if you're referring to River King, then we've got a problem.

I'm not hating. Stuff random fish inside your ill sisters mouth everyday.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 7):

quote:

WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Metal Slug 4 (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (March 8) - €44.99 / £39.99
3DS eSHOP
    Nano Assault EX - €14.99 / £12.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Legend of the River King (Game Boy Colour) - €4.99 / £4.49
SALES/PROMOTIONS
    F-ZERO (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30, available until March 21

NA update (week of March 7):

quote:

WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The King of Fighters '98 (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $19.99
    Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze (March 13) - $?
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    ATV Wild Ride 3D - $8.99
    Kersploosh! - $2.99
    Nano Assault EX - $14.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wrecking Crew (NES) - $4.99
SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Sakura Sword: Art of the Samurai (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until March 7
    F-ZERO (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - $0.30, available until March 21

(no Fire Emblem DLC listed on the press release but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any, so be sure to check for yourselves)

All three of the 3DS eShop games on the NA press release are supposed to be pretty good, and I'd say RE: Mercenaries is worth $20, too.

KOF98 is a classic that should have been release, like, five years ago.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Kind of amazed they released RE at 20$. Though with the HD version on the way it makes sense. Good on you, Capcom.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Legend of the River King (Game Boy Colour) - €4.99 / £4.49
Wasn't it called Color worldwide, even in the UK?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Fancy Hat! posted:

Kind of amazed they released RE at 20$. Though with the HD version on the way it makes sense. Good on you, Capcom.

It's not the same game that getting the HD port. It's a standalone version of the Mercenaries mini game that I think has been out since around launch?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Joramun posted:

This just blew my loving mind. I was certain you were wrong but Google is telling me you aren't. What the gently caress, Nintendo?

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Kersploosh is really loving hard. Or at least it is to me. Whoever put in those "speed lines" can just burn in hell, since when playing in 3d they just obscure your vision. Don't get me wrong I'm not a baby who's going to just call it, I like hard games. But parts of the design are really unyielding and I find it kind of surprising considering how it looks like a fairly "casual" game. It's not difficult to get into a position where your rock hits an obstacle, bounces into the wall and back into the obstacle a few times before you can correct, taking much of your hp. Though at least there is a rubber ball that is invincible, I wonder if at some point there is some kind of heavy object that will just smash stuff.

I will say I'm really glad they didn't make it use some horrible console tilt control, and will keep plugging away at it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fire Emblem did get some new DLC this week - Lost Bloodlines #2 (Alm/dread scroll!) and Infinite Regalia (Eldigam/rare weapons!)

Joramun posted:

Yes.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Pope Guilty posted:

What, the SNES one? That was one of the first third-party VC games I bought on the Wii, unless you either mean Wii U VC or Konami pulled the game for whatever reason.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm guessing he means the N64 game.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Is Kersploosh worth buying if I can't see 3D?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I meant the SNES game on the 3DS VC, sorry.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't see anything in the OP about this. 3DS question: Is it possible to use one of those points cards for the US store from the UK? It's a US 3DS I've got, so I'd hope it would work, but are there any IP address shenanigans I should know about? Thanks for any advice.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

McDragon posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't see anything in the OP about this. 3DS question: Is it possible to use one of those points cards for the US store from the UK? It's a US 3DS I've got, so I'd hope it would work, but are there any IP address shenanigans I should know about? Thanks for any advice.

A NA points card will work on a NA unit wherever you are, yeah.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I HATE Nintendo's eShops, why is it so hard to simply find all the Demos? I want to download the Bit.Trip Runner demo, but it's nowhere to be found...

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Try searching for BIT.TRIP SAGA. Those six games were never released separately. There is also no demo for it, so you're out of luck there.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I assume he's talking about the Wii U eShop, and/or he's looking for the Runner 2 demo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo 3DS dudes - Capcom says Mega Man 3 will hit the 3DS VC this coming Thursday, and MM4/5/6 should be out in April/May/June.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I assume he's talking about the Wii U eShop, and/or he's looking for the Runner 2 demo.

Yup... well the demo was on the PS3 store so I'll just play that.

Why can't the eShop just have a demo section in the same place every week?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Astro7x posted:

Yup... well the demo was on the PS3 store so I'll just play that.

Why can't the eShop just have a demo section in the same place every week?

Demos are always with the game itself. There's a button on the store page to download the demo. So if you want the demo for Runner 2, just go to Runner 2's store page and (I think) scroll down to the bottom.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Artix posted:

Demos are always with the game itself. There's a button on the store page to download the demo. So if you want the demo for Runner 2, just go to Runner 2's store page and (I think) scroll down to the bottom.

It doesn't have a demo apparently, but it does on the PSN. I was going to play the demo just on the Gamepad.

The dedicated demos section seems to come and go from the main page, it's kind of annoying. That is all.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 14):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Chasing Aurora (demo)
3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pets Resort 3D (March 8) - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP
    Viking Invasion 2 - Tower Defense - €7.99 / £6.49
    Jewel Master Atlantis 3D - €4.99 / £4.49
    NARUTO Powerful Shippunden (demo, available from March 14 to April 4)
DSiWARE
    Goony - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 from March 14 to March 21
    F-ZERO (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30, available until March 21

No Megaman 3. You lied, Capcom.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

PAL update (week of March 14):

No Megaman 3. You lied, Capcom.

I believe they meant the US when they annouced they were going to release a Megaman game once a month.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is the eShop ever going to get any original titles or is it just shovelware as far as the eye can see, like the DS?

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

So what time today do you suppose club Nintendo will update with new reward games?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Is the eShop ever going to get any original titles or is it just shovelware as far as the eye can see, like the DS?

Which eShop? The 3DS is starting to get legit eShop games at a decent click, NA got three of 'em last week.

The Wii U eShop is definitely slow, partly because Nintendo has been slow at supplying dev kits but also because there's just a lack of indie interest in the eShop in general - they were all so turned off by WiiWare that they've been slow to accept the Wii U as a viable digital platform, even in spite of all the reports saying it has the best digital console environment around.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I believe they meant the US when they annouced they were going to release a Megaman game once a month.

Yeah, they always do, but they never bother to specify so I always hold out hope that they're talking simultaneous worldwide release windows.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

This month's Club Nintendo reward games are up. 150 coins each for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, Starship Defense, Mario Tennis (N64 VC), and :siren:Super Punch-Out!!:siren: (SNES VC).

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Mario Tennis and Super Punch Out speak for themselves, but Starship Defense is a fantastic tower defense-esque DSiWare game. If you have any interest in the genre at all, it's absolutely worth giving a shot, especially since it's basically free right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Laser Spider posted:

This month's Club Nintendo reward games are up. 150 coins each for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, Starship Defense, Mario Tennis (N64 VC), and :siren:Super Punch-Out!!:siren: (SNES VC).

drat, maybe I should reconsider getting VC titles until the WiiU VC service starts. I just have a feeling all this stuff is going to be offered again at some point as a Wii U VC title and I won't have to pay the upgrade fee if I just wait it out