Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Relambrien posted:

Just had a problem start today with my extensions. If I left-click on an extension icon, rather than opening the extension's menu it opens a small blank window:

(I've clicked on LastPass, the red icon with a star in it, here)

This happens with every extension that has a left-click menu, on stable, beta, and dev channels. I haven't tried Canary. Reinstalling extensions doesn't help. Running Windows 8 x64. Any ideas?

Have the same thing, started yesterday. Running W7 x64, Dev Channel.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Mine's fine, including the LastPass one (Beta Chrome on Win 7 64-bit) but I notice that little blank window with the white square appears for a split second before the actual content draws. Not massively helpful I know, but it might be a clue.

This might help if someone feels like trying it to see where things are choking:
http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tut_debugging.html

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over
How can you prevent the DOM Inspector jumping to the top of the code whenever something is clicked? I'm trying to follow what happens to a slideshow on click, but is extremely hard when I have to scroll back down.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Relambrien posted:

Just had a problem start today with my extensions. If I left-click on an extension icon, rather than opening the extension's menu it opens a small blank window:

Update on this, the problem is apparently a known issue due to a recent Webkit change and the fix will be applied in the next dev release: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=180378

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
When I have Gmail pinned it no longer shows the unread count on the icon. I rebooted my system the other day, and I didn't have an update waiting for me in Chrome so I was surprised to see this - - when I restarted Chrome.

I'm on 27.0.1430.3 dev-m right now. Searching through google's groups for a response is loving awful, so I'm starting my search for a fix here first.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

wattershed posted:

When I have Gmail pinned it no longer shows the unread count on the icon. I rebooted my system the other day, and I didn't have an update waiting for me in Chrome so I was surprised to see this - - when I restarted Chrome.

I'm on 27.0.1430.3 dev-m right now. Searching through google's groups for a response is loving awful, so I'm starting my search for a fix here first.

That isn't neccissarly something that actually has to do with Chrome, it's a feature you can activate in Labs on Gmail. Make sure it didn't get disabled by going to settings in Gmail, then Labs, and look for "Unread message icon" and make sure it is set to enabled.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Flagrama posted:

That isn't neccissarly something that actually has to do with Chrome, it's a feature you can activate in Labs on Gmail. Make sure it didn't get disabled by going to settings in Gmail, then Labs, and look for "Unread message icon" and make sure it is set to enabled.

Yeah I'd checked that, still enabled. Turning it off and back on again didn't fix it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is ChromiumOS stable enough for daily use as a mom-PC? I'm basically looking for a low cost alternative to buying her a Mac. She has a Windows machine right now whose disk died, but I was fielding nearly daily questions about how to do what on it. She's just not a computer person, god bless her.

ChromeOS looks pretty idiot proof, but I guess I'd like to know if I'm in for a world of hurt, or whether I should wait a little while longer for it to mature, or what.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I have two problems with Chrome. I've been using 27.0.1436.2 canary on a secondary monitor to watch videos. In the last couple of updates I've run into trouble with Flash and menus. For some reason Flash and menus open on my primary monitor but Silverlight works perfectly fine.

My second problem is with stable channel of Chrome. It takes forever to load up pages when I first open it up. Even when I load up it up without any extensions, it will take forever to load.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm not sure if this is a Chrome problem or a Windows problem so I'll post it in both threads.

I was trying to print a PDF in Chrome on my girlfriend's laptop last night. I was signed into my Chrome profile and the only printers available were ones that my computer had accessed before. I didn't think much of it (I figured it was just cloud print settings buggering up) so I saved the files to her desktop so I can print from Windows.

It was then things got weird. Windows could not find her printer and going to the Devices and Printers settings shows only my printers available, with no sign of hers. What the hell happened here? Did Chrome make her laptop uninstall her printer and then install mine? Fixing it is just a matter of removing/reinstalling the appropriate printers, but this is a pretty bizarre thing to happen in the first place. Signing in to her profile and attempting to print again did not restore her printer, but still managed to print the file after some time.

Googling didn't show much results. Can anyone manage to repeat this? I don't know how common it is, but it seems like one of those irritating bugs that should be fixed as soon as possible. :psyduck:

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 13, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Has anybody else's iOs Chrome app gone to poo poo in the last few months? It used to work flawlessly but now I get the "can't verify that this a real website!" warning at least five times day. It's slightly annoying when it happens on my bookmarked Facebook.com or whatever, but when I'm opening tabs to read articles and I get the warning, it never saves the url on the warning page.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

What are some good non-Google RSS readers? Google's shutting down Reader on July 1st.
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-second-spring-of-cleaning.html
http://support.google.com/reader/answer/3028851

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Dropping CALDAV seems incredibly strange, or just very oddly worded. It reads like a Microsoft style swipe as they now promote their own API instead of pushing enhancements to the standard.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Goddamnit, why? That's really lovely.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Oh what in the gently caress.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I really like newsblur. It's easy-to-use and sleek, you can just provide it with a url and it will scan the website for an rss feed automatically, and it has an ability to mark certain keywords to help tame feeds that update like 30 times a day (every single gaming news blog).

edit:
And apparently it's down right now because of a traffic spike caused by this very announcement.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd like something as close to Google Reader as possible.

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

I'd like something as close to Google Reader as possible.

With you, I just want an exact Google Reader clone. Esp. liked the fact that I could just pull up the headlines/summaries and have them marked as read as I scrolled past. the only way to manage a ton of feeds that only have a few articles that are interesting. So many other ones require you to click each story one by one :(

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Those motherfuckers. :mad:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently there's a Chrome/Firefox/Android/iOS app (extension) that's going to mimic Google Reader and allow you to migrate your feeds/settings. It's called Feedly; I've installed the extension in Chrome, but I think you need to migrate from their webpage (feedly.com) which, for whatever reason, isn't loading for me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Apparently there's a Chrome/Firefox/Android/iOS app (extension) that's going to mimic Google Reader and allow you to migrate your feeds/settings. It's called Feedly; I've installed the extension in Chrome, but I think you need to migrate from their webpage (feedly.com) which, for whatever reason, isn't loading for me.

Feedly (and newsblur) is getting hammered to poo poo in the wake of Google announcing the Reader apocalypse.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Are there any good Youtube recentering extensions? The I've been using for a long while only centers the video now, but the title, description, and comments are shoved to the left like the newer layout.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

MrMoo posted:

Dropping CALDAV seems incredibly strange, or just very oddly worded. It reads like a Microsoft style swipe as they now promote their own API instead of pushing enhancements to the standard.

It is really weird, as they listed having CalDAV support as a reason for ending EAS support just a few months ago.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I'm having an issue, much rather ask here than the mess that is Google's support forum.
Anytime I try to open the settings menu Chrome closes, it doesn't even appear to give me a crash log.
I've tried disabling extensions, using a fresh user profile, restarting my PC, and reinstalling Chrome itself.

Also while reinstalling extensions it appears it also crashes on https://www.imgur.com for some reason.
Edit: make that 90% of my bookmarks....
any help is appreciated.

Reive fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 14, 2013

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Oh, for gently caress's sake. I pretty much live inside Reader. :mad:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

You might try taking a look at The Old Reader. It's also got a Chrome extension that works just like Google's does. It was suggested in the GBS thread and, although I haven't been able to import all of my feeds over yet, I have got a couple on there and it looks okay. I'm still going to try a few of the others out, but it's just a matter of waiting for them to be up. Check the GBS thread though, there's some other suggestions there that might fit your fancy better.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Onean posted:

You might try taking a look at The Old Reader. It's also got a Chrome extension that works just like Google's does. It was suggested in the GBS thread and, although I haven't been able to import all of my feeds over yet, I have got a couple on there and it looks okay. I'm still going to try a few of the others out, but it's just a matter of waiting for them to be up. Check the GBS thread though, there's some other suggestions there that might fit your fancy better.

I'm liking the cut of their jib. Were working but now they're down, probably as part of the Readocolypse: (:rimshot:)

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Are there any good Youtube recentering extensions? The I've been using for a long while only centers the video now, but the title, description, and comments are shoved to the left like the newer layout.

Wouldn't mind this either. It's and odd design decision.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
If you're into the host your own stuff mentality: http://feedafever.com/ is really cool.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Which is the "good" AdBlock again? It's just regular AdBlock (not AdBlock+) right? I've had both installed and somehow Chrome sync sometimes brings back the wrong one.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

myron cope posted:

Which is the "good" AdBlock again? It's just regular AdBlock (not AdBlock+) right? I've had both installed and somehow Chrome sync sometimes brings back the wrong one.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

david mammoth
Oct 15, 2012
Apparently the Chrome imgur extension, which was probably my most used extension in the years I've used Chrome, has been unpublished. :( Anyone know what the best alternative is?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

david mammoth posted:

Apparently the Chrome imgur extension, which was probably my most used extension in the years I've used Chrome, has been unpublished. :( Anyone know what the best alternative is?

I saw that when Chrome sync failed to install it on my new PC. Search the Chrome Store for Imgur and click extensions, it's the top one. Pretty much identical.

I'd link it but I'm on my phone.

david mammoth
Oct 15, 2012

Chuck Bartowski posted:

I saw that when Chrome sync failed to install it on my new PC. Search the Chrome Store for Imgur and click extensions, it's the top one. Pretty much identical.

I'd link it but I'm on my phone.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Apparently imgur were being dicks to the guy who made it so hopefully this one won't get forced out of existence too.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Why does Chrome use so much memory? Right now with 4 tabs open (Facebook and 3 forums), I'm at 600MB. That seems a tad ridiculous.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Could be extensions. Shift + Esc will help you see the break down on what process is using how much memory.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why does Chrome use so much memory? Right now with 4 tabs open (Facebook and 3 forums), I'm at 600MB. That seems a tad ridiculous.

Chrome - like most programs these days - makes use of any memory going spare, then frees it up as needed. In this case it's caching everything you look at.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The trick to manually managing memory usage is to never pay attention to memory usage unless your computer is actually having problems and is running out of memory, and even then it probably won't help.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

withak posted:

The trick to manually managing memory usage is to never pay attention to memory usage unless your computer is actually having problems and is running out of memory, and even then it probably won't help.

But my gigabytes :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Is there a way to get rid of the tab bar zone and just have the titlebar when I only have one tab open? Trying to minimize vertical UI space within a non-maximized window.