Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I don't think Jefferson would have a Southern accent (aka "the worst accent in all of America").

edit: oh of course they emphasize DEBT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
Did they ask him about his slaves?

towelieban fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 9, 2013

gmilo
Jun 27, 2006
wooo

Gen. Ripper posted:

I don't think Jefferson would have a Southern accent (aka "the worst accent in all of America").

edit: oh of course they emphasize DEBT

Clearly you've yet to hear a cute southern girl's accent

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

gmilo posted:

Clearly you've yet to hear a cute southern girl's accent

Still sounds ignorant as gently caress. Nothing like a cute girl saying in her cute Southern accent how all the gays are going to hell.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

towelieban posted:

Did they ask him about his slaves?

What do you have against are Founding Fathers, you liberal? :911:

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

From a guy who grew up in the south, to anyone who thinks the southern accent is cute or sexy: Please don't. It is not sexy, it is dumb and gross. You are being attracted to the equivalent of Snooki.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
"the" Southern Accent

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Ho Chi Mint posted:

Still sounds ignorant as gently caress. Nothing like a cute girl saying in her cute Southern accent how all the gays are going to hell.

It sounds ignorant no matter what part of the world the person came from.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gen. Ripper posted:

He more likely than not would've had an accent similar to older Appalachian folk.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

foot posted:

"the" Southern Accent

Sorry, the Southern basket of accents. It isn't like you hear someone twanging away and start wondering if they're from Wisconsin.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The real Jefferson would be so, so, so upset at the president being black.

"But... I thought freedom for African slaves was going to lead to a continuous bloody racial strife. You taught them to READ? No, I don't give a gently caress about the current national debt, I want to know why the descendants of my movable property are voting!"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gen. Ripper posted:

Can't find it, but I'm pretty sure Gallup does a poll on least favorite accents among Americans, and Southern consistently comes in second to New York City.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

e: /\ That's because the NYC accent sounds like you're getting yelled at by someone with Down Syndrome.

cheerfullydrab posted:

The real Jefferson would be so, so, so upset at the president being black.

"But... I thought freedom for African slaves was going to lead to a continuous bloody racial strife. You taught them to READ? No, I don't give a gently caress about the current national debt, I want to know why the descendants of my movable property are voting!"

I like to think Jefferson sounded like Boomhauer from King of the Hill. Just straight-up unintelligible Appalachian mumbling.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Classism ITT.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Wow, Fox News is really pissed about the cancelled White House tours. Michelle Malkin is on Fox and Friends to complain about how the White House continues to spend on the president's chef and motorcade.

On a side note, Tucker Carlson is a weekend host for Fox and Friends. I'm amazed that he can still show himself in public after the Daily Caller was caught in a lie this week, but then again, these people have no shame.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

But the President is still GOLFING! This has to bite the right wing in the rear end, how much more disingenuous can you be? Squawking about the debt and then bitching that tours are cancelled just because you can't use them to butter up your constituents, our politics in a nutshell.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

surrender posted:

Wow, Fox News is really pissed about the cancelled White House tours. Michelle Malkin is on Fox and Friends to complain about how the White House continues to spend on the president's chef and motorcade.

On a side note, Tucker Carlson is a weekend host for Fox and Friends. I'm amazed that he can still show himself in public after the Daily Caller was caught in a lie this week, but then again, these people have no shame.

What did he lie about now?

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What did he lie about now?
He's likely referring to the Daily Caller/WaPo throwdown over the Menendez hooker story. Effectively, WaPo checked up on a Daily Caller story and surprise surprise, it's all bullshit they got by showing a hooker a bad picture of Menendez over Skype and asking 'you fuckee this man?'

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ReindeerF posted:

Classism ITT.

It's not classism if the people are actually evil (see: Roma).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ZobarStyl posted:

He's likely referring to the Daily Caller/WaPo throwdown over the Menendez hooker story. Effectively, WaPo checked up on a Daily Caller story and surprise surprise, it's all bullshit they got by showing a hooker a bad picture of Menendez over Skype and asking 'you fuckee this man?'

When they asked the hooker how she knew it was Menendez she said that she googled "Bob" and his picture came up.

C'mon son.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

foot posted:

"the" Southern Accent

You know the one.
Listen to this southern redneck withe marbles in his mouth, I can't even understand what he is saying!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okSJlwXhCQM&feature=player_detailpage#t=40s

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
I grew up in North Carolina (in a rural area too,) and have lived here most of my life, and I have about as much of a southern accent as Ben Folds. Most people I know also sound like that. I think it's something about growing up with television and lots of people who moved here from all over because of the lower cost of living that gives you a kind of a regionless accent.

King Dopplepopolos
Aug 3, 2007

Give us a raise, loser!

computer parts posted:

It's not classism if the people are actually evil (see: Roma).

No, bigotry against the Roma is still evil.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I see that there. posted:

I'm actually kind of concerned that more people posting in the "Dittoheads, Great Americans, Fairness and Balance - Right Wing Media" thread don't actually listen to or watch right wing media at this point.

I thought the idea was to check that poo poo out and report back here as to why it's bad and laugh about it.

Standing around saying "Gosh that's bad, is that bad?" "Yeah that's bad." "I refuse to even look at it because it's bad!" doesn't really seem even the spirit of the title of this thread, it's just kinda head nodding that there might be bad stuff being said by people.

Newshounds and MediaMatters are two pretty good websites that monitor a lot of these shows, wading through the worst of it and posting the most egregious examples of shitheaditry. I'm not sure if I posted those sources before or not.

http://www.newshounds.us/

http://mediamatters.org/

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

When they asked the hooker how she knew it was Menendez she said that she googled "Bob" and his picture came up.

C'mon son.
I don't get how anyone ever started reading The Daily Caller in the first place. A man who's only major characteristic is a complete lack of shame starts a knockoff Breitbart website, and somehow people are surprised when his stories are completely made up.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I never really checked out the Daily Caller until my schadenfreude week of right wing media gluttony right after the election. What a lovely site. I thought it was supposed to be something like National Review Online which, while also lovely, at least has articles about Things and Issues.

Daily Caller seems to function on a completely juvenile snark level, like a right wing Wonkette but much less funny even.

I don't understand how Carlson can even look in the mirror in the morning.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

You know the one.
Listen to this southern redneck withe marbles in his mouth, I can't even understand what he is saying!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okSJlwXhCQM&feature=player_detailpage#t=40s

Intelligent people manage to squash down the accent. I bet it would come through if someone managed to piss him off enough

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Here guys, enjoy a video of Bill O'Reilly going on a screaming fit against Colmes. Just ignore Cenk being Cenk here.

In other news, there is some small modicum of justice in the world. James O'Keefe has to pay a former ACORN employee $100,000 for the fraud he perpetuated.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

redmercer posted:

Intelligent people manage to squash down the accent. I bet it would come through if someone managed to piss him off enough

I've lived in (northern) Kentucky all my life and I sound like generic internet nerd no. 1 but I do suddenly get a twang if I'm getting pissed, especially if I'm talking to someone else with a "southern accent."

Is this turning into sociolinguistics chat in the pundit thread?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

King Dopplepopolos posted:

No, bigotry against the Roma is still evil.

That's the joke.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Would have been fun to see the Fox & Friends reaction if the next bullet point was "-Enslaving your girlfriend/children."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

surrender posted:

Ugh loving president not wanting to be poisoned or assassinated! Why do you need all that fancy stuff anyways? Not like anybody would want to kill you!

:unsmith: Here's hoping there's more of this sort of thing coming O'Keefe's way!

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 9, 2013

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DynamicSloth posted:

Would have been fun to see the Fox & Friends reaction if the next bullet point was "-Enslaving your girlfriend/children."

Point #2 is hilarious when you realize that Jefferson was in debt his entire life to the modern day tune of between $1m - $2m.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Wait, I thought most conservatives were against Jefferson's last point there?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ponzicar posted:

Wait, I thought most conservatives were against Jefferson's last point there?

I assume they mean the PPACA birth control thing, not the problem with forcing christianity on citizens through force of law.

Iamthegibbons
Apr 9, 2009
I was browing the dark side of Youtube for laughs, and I came across this guy called 'Ghost'. I can't quite decide, but the guy is either completely insane or a comic genius. Generally his approach seems to be to rant about something, and work himself up to the point that he is violently wretching, foaming at the mouth and coughing his guts up. Here is is ranting about communists in congress and chairman Mao. Skip to 3:15 for the real craziness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtqMzsPKY2c&t=195s

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

computer parts posted:

That's the joke.

...Are you actually comparing people making fun of the South to the treatment the Roma get?

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
Let's please get this thread back on track.

I was listening to Chris Plant today (re-broadcast from this week on local station in Northern Va) and he was talking about how Rupublicans are the ones that want to help the poor move on up in society and economically (boostraps, baby!) and the Democraps want to keep them poor as to get their votes. Anyone else get this yahoo on their radio station? I beleive he comes on before Rush "Im about to Gush" Limbaugh

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

You know the one.

He has a pretty noticeable piedmont accent.

towelieban posted:

Let's please get this thread back on track.

I was listening to Chris Plant today (re-broadcast from this week on local station in Northern Va) and he was talking about how Rupublicans are the ones that want to help the poor move on up in society and economically (boostraps, baby!) and the Democraps want to keep them poor as to get their votes. Anyone else get this yahoo on their radio station? I beleive he comes on before Rush "Im about to Gush" Limbaugh

That's a pretty common line. My favorite variation is when they get one of their token black people to liken it to plantation slavery.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Fox News business cunts have taken to gloating about the annihilation of small businesses at the hands of Wal Mart: http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/03/09/foxs-dagen-mcdowell-on-walmart-leading-to-mom-a/192993