Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, but like I said, if you make it "Lady Caeda" it becomes a problem going the other way since it makes Arino look brain-dead for not immediately realizing Castor's talking about her, since she's literally the only woman on the team at that point. But he wouldn't realize it straight off, because "-sama" is gender-neutral, which is the whole reason AD Matsui phrased his hint that way.

Like I said, I can't really fault you guys for it because it's one of those things that's virtually impossible to get right. It just made me :v: a little when I saw it.

They could use something gender-neutral instead, like Master Caeda. It's hardly optimal, but hey, Castor talks weird anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

GidgetNomates posted:

I wanted a Saturn for Winning Post but I really didn't want to get one for just one game so this is giving me a new reason to want a Saturn again...

The Saturn has a surprisingly deep library so long as you're willing to do a little digging. I bought my Saturn for one game (Capcom's D&D Arcade Collection) and a friend modded it for region select, so I picked up a few others. It's sad but true that most of the Saturn's killer apps never made it to the U.S. You should be able to find one cheap these days, and it's dirt simple to change the region on them.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The Gaming CX youtube account is down. Anybody know what's going on?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Fiction posted:

The inevitable?

roboblart
Sep 10, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

The Saturn has a surprisingly deep library so long as you're willing to do a little digging. I bought my Saturn for one game (Capcom's D&D Arcade Collection) and a friend modded it for region select, so I picked up a few others. It's sad but true that most of the Saturn's killer apps never made it to the U.S. You should be able to find one cheap these days, and it's dirt simple to change the region on them.

I'd recommend finding a modded Saturn so you won't have to spend so much god drat money on a decent library of games.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Fiction posted:

I know joek0 (who uploaded a ton of raw episodes to his YouTube account) said that Fuji TV is starting to crack down on GCCX episodes uploaded to YouTube. Either Fuji TV got their account deleted, or Gaming CX found out about them cracking down and shut the entire account down.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you have a link to one of their videos it might say who requested it be shut down.

Enrico Dandolo
Aug 6, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

If you have a link to one of their videos it might say who requested it be shut down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1HyqhwvlR4

Account terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

It doesn't. It just says that Youtube received multiple reports of copyright violation.

It'll probably be back up soon unless it was due to official word.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Obeast posted:

I know joek0 (who uploaded a ton of raw episodes to his YouTube account) said that Fuji TV is starting to crack down on GCCX episodes uploaded to YouTube. Either Fuji TV got their account deleted, or Gaming CX found out about them cracking down and shut the entire account down.

Their website is gone too.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
They probably took it down on their own accord

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Luckily some videos are still available in the original Japanese. One user has an impressive playlist from which only a handful of videos have been removed (so far); search for episode names and you should still find some. Regardless, I'd get while the gettin' is good.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
My GCCX raws were taken down by FujiTV. I removed all the GCCX raws on my channel before I got banned. I PMed the guy who ran the GamingCX channel to warn him of FujiTV. He said that he already got some of his videos removed by Fuji TV. The GamingCX YT account was indeed removed by YT. His backup account still has some GCCX subs. The other account of his if you wanted to know is biohazardguild. His blog going down was news to me. GCCX videos on YT is about to die. Thank goodness I have all the subs and lots of GCCX raws on my HD. Watch the Space Hunter raw episode while you can.

#156 Space Hunter Raw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA0M7yaIbX4

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 11, 2013

epmode
Feb 11, 2008

joek0 posted:

GCCX videos on YT is about to die.

This is.. kind of awful.

Man, I'd buy the entire show if I had the opportunity.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I would buy the entire series if it was on DVD and subbed in english

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Wait, the english ones are being taken down as well? I thought it was just the raws.

Does this effect the translation effort?

geri_khan posted:

Their website is gone too.

First time I ever looked at the site myself, and it certainly looks like it's still there to me.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Biohazardguild still seems to be up with the english subbed episodes

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

bpc908 posted:

Biohazardguild still seems to be up with the english subbed episodes

Biohazardguild is GamingCX's backup channel.

GamingCX's website was down for a while, but is back up now.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 11, 2013

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Oops! Double posted!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 11, 2013

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
oops! Triple post!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 11, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TemporalParadox posted:

First time I ever looked at the site myself, and it certainly looks like it's still there to me.

A few hours ago it spat out a Blogger error saying it didn't exist.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TemporalParadox posted:

Wait, the english ones are being taken down as well? I thought it was just the raws.

Does this effect the translation effort?

It doesn't. We're not connected with any of that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

That's a shame that they're being taken down I guess even if they're subbed for english users, japanese users could still find and watch these videos easily. (much harder than finding the torrents of SA-GCCX stuff I'm sure)

It was nice because if I was out and I needed an episode while I waited for something, I could at least go to youtube and watch part/most/all of an episode. Also, no sound is required so it's fine if I didn't bring headphones too.

TombstoneTromboner
Dec 26, 2012

the original
A friend showed me some of the episodes on YouTube ages ago. Shame they're getting taken down. Bit of an odd coincidence too, since I heard about it just when I decided to download the Super Mario 64 episodes. Watching them now, it's good to see my memories of loving this show back when my friend showed my some episodes weren't in error.

TombstoneTromboner fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 11, 2013

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

Random Stranger posted:

It doesn't. We're not connected with any of that.

I know there's no connection per say, just curious if they were cracking down across the board on the show being online, which could of course include you.
Good to hear though!

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm guessing they're cracking down on YouTube uploads because it's completely trivial for any Japanese person who knows how to write "Game Center CX" in English to search it on YouTube and get all the full episodes. It's considerably less trivial to find the torrents, unless you're good at reading English.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Thanks anyway, Kibe.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I'm guessing they're cracking down on YouTube uploads because it's completely trivial for any Japanese person who knows how to write "Game Center CX" in English to search it on YouTube and get all the full episodes. It's considerably less trivial to find the torrents, unless you're good at reading English.

This sounds about right. Wasn't there an article some pages back where a foreigner (living in Japan) was quoted in as saying he loves to watch the episodes on YouTube? That couldn't have helped, guy.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

xamphear posted:

If anyone else is going to PAX East this year, there's a couple interesting retro arcade panels that sound worth checking out. Here's a link with the details: http://www.classicarcademuseum.org/paxeast.htm

I'll be there and sporting my GCCX pins, thanks to Chococat.

I'll be at PAX East myself. I've actually been trying to possibly work out a meet-up for fans at the Classic Free-Play room, but not many takers yet. It would be cool to meet some Kacho fans.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This is a bit off topic, but since I know we have a few jp-dwellers here - Is there any chance of picking up the 25th anniversary FF ultimania books for anything approaching a reasonable price over there?

Looking around online, it's already pretty darn expensive, and it hasn't been that long since they came out.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

victrix posted:

This is a bit off topic, but since I know we have a few jp-dwellers here - Is there any chance of picking up the 25th anniversary FF ultimania books for anything approaching a reasonable price over there?

Looking around online, it's already pretty darn expensive, and it hasn't been that long since they came out.

I saw a set on Rakuten the other day but no, it's expensive nevermind the EMS pricing
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/9421077-1/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_02_en

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

victrix posted:

I have no idea what this is referring to, but are you talking about The Sky?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sky-Fantasy-Slipcased-Edition/dp/1616551607/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363041480&sr=8-1&keywords=the+sky

They're doing a printing in English for super cheap.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oops, should have been more clear - I meant the final fantasy ultimania books. They did three of them, covering all the games, with a ton of artwork. Unfortunately it looks like they're only available on ebay here for crazy prices.

I'll poke around in some more FF centric threads, maybe someone there knows, thanks!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

victrix posted:

Oops, should have been more clear - I meant the final fantasy ultimania books. They did three of them, covering all the games, with a ton of artwork. Unfortunately it looks like they're only available on ebay here for crazy prices.

I'll poke around in some more FF centric threads, maybe someone there knows, thanks!

If you know the katakana you can most likely find it on rakuten.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/search...B8%E3%83%BC25th
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/9380606-1/
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/9380607-1/

Looks like surugaya has volumes 1 & 2, they would ship via EMS. To get volume 3 though you will have to go through a shipping service which Rakuten typically uses Tenso for. You could also save the first link (search for ultimania 25th) and hope to find all 3 in stock at the same time. Hope this helps. Just realize shipping will likely be anywhere up to $50-60 due to weight.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nk-book/item/book-1-9784757537712/

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Arino just retweeted this pic!

Anyone care to translate it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Looks like catchphrases of each AD: my weak translation attempt:

bottom-left: Kachou...here I...
bottom-right: Is it OK if I play a life?
top-right: I'm average/so-so (in terms of skill).

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012
Arino's telling everybody who tweets him to go study. :3:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
He should tell them to wash their face and come back

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Fuji TV was pretty quick at getting GCCX stuff removed from Youtube in the past. For some reason, they got really lax and let it reach the flood that doing a search for Game Center CX on Youtube brings back now. I'm guessing they've finally gotten wise to just how many people watch these videos on there.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Shady3011 posted:

Fuji TV was pretty quick at getting GCCX stuff removed from Youtube in the past. For some reason, they got really lax and let it reach the flood that doing a search for Game Center CX on Youtube brings back now. I'm guessing they've finally gotten wise to just how many people watch these videos on there.

Yup, I've said the same before. Not to get all "back in my day" on anyone, though. Without a doubt, the cycle will continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rdbbb posted:

Yup, I've said the same before. Not to get all "back in my day" on anyone, though. Without a doubt, the cycle will continue.

And then, Fuji TV were the Reapers. :edi:

I was re-watching some older episodes last night. I still laugh at Arino's method of initially dealing with the fighting people in Bloodpool. "*uses Lightning* Fightin's gone." So matter of fact about divine murder.

Or maybe it's funny because that's exactly what kid-me did :v: