Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

GrAviTy84 posted:

Correcting someone's claim that salt and sugar are spices.

Well duh, clearly they are seasonings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Very Strange Things posted:

This guy gives FIFTY examples. I don't think any of them are about dogs, but I can honestly only listen to one or two of them at a time before having to bandage up my hand and hook up a new monitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3he6_wxBA

lol this guy is DR STEVE BRULE irl

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch
Got a Unibroue dinner coming up and I got the dessert course. My dish is getting paired with Trois Pistoles. I'm thinking some play on a black forest dessert, thoughts?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Doh004 posted:

I was probated for 3 days because I made fun of people in the SimCity thread. I didn't know what to do with myself for three days. I could only imagine a month. :ohdear:

I just bought Ratio and The Flavor Bible. Can I make good food like you people now?

Sweetheart, I've seen your food. You make good food already. You enjoy trying new things, and you like to explore techniques that others may scoff at, as long as it works out tasting good. Don't ever apologise for your food. If it's vegan, I would be proud to eat your food. :)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What Dino said. Also, I made vegan fifteen bean soup and it was delicious. The bag of beans came with a packet of "artificial ham flavor" which sounded disgusting, so I threw it out, and I didn't have a ham hock anyway so I just threw four cloves of garlic and some tomato paste in along with my herbs and spices. Paprika, garlic, basil, parsley, black pepper.

Oh and some macaroni.

It was delicious. Why the hell isn't it vegan in the first place? It's a loving BEAN SOUP. I'm not even vegan but artificial ham flavor are you loving kidding me :catstare:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What Dino said. Also, I made vegan fifteen bean soup and it was delicious. The bag of beans came with a packet of "artificial ham flavor" which sounded disgusting, so I threw it out, and I didn't have a ham hock anyway so I just threw four cloves of garlic and some tomato paste in along with my herbs and spices. Paprika, garlic, basil, parsley, black pepper.

Oh and some macaroni.

It was delicious. Why the hell isn't it vegan in the first place? It's a loving BEAN SOUP. I'm not even vegan but artificial ham flavor are you loving kidding me :catstare:

Shoulda just asked Pr0k's mom to dip her foot in it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Drink and Fight posted:

Shoulda just asked Pr0k's mom to dip her foot in it.

It called for a ham hock, not mystery fungus.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It called for a ham hock, not mystery fungus.
Hey, some people consider chochalacoche a delicacy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DnF's avatar makes this whole thing about a thousand times funnier. Trophy looks so disgusted.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

or is really all boiling down to 'if you're gay, people will marry dogs'?

"There's just too much love in the world" seems to be the underlying leitmotif.

Lyssavirus
Oct 9, 2007
Symptoms include swelling of the brain (encephalitis), numbness, muscle weakness, coma, and death.
YAY DINO'S BOOK CAME YAY IT'S FANTASTIC AND PRETTY YAY.

:smug: I live in a state with legalized gay marriage and pot. Now my facebook feed is people calling Superman a dick (which he is) and gun control arguments of varying amounts of intelligence.

Oh yeah and a gal was murdered less than a half-mile from my campus (shot in the motherfucking face) by what seems to be a budding killer team. In some CSI becoming reality poo poo, the cops caught them by retracing the girl's movements before her death - via her facebook.

Lyssavirus fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 14, 2013

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

dino. posted:

Sweetheart, I've seen your food. You make good food already. You enjoy trying new things, and you like to explore techniques that others may scoff at, as long as it works out tasting good. Don't ever apologise for your food. If it's vegan, I would be proud to eat your food. :)

:3: Dino: nicest person in GWC? All of SA?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Doh004 posted:

:3: Dino: nicest person in GWC? All of SA?

It's just his online persona. As many can attest, IRL he's an absolute prick.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

therattle posted:

It's just his online persona. As many can attest, IRL he's an absolute prick.

He's made of (raw, vegan) sugar and kitten kisses and I won't believe anything else.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I once saw Dino spit on a homeless man.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
This man spergs about not cooking and eating as much as we sperg about actual cooking and eating.

quote:

Not having to worry about food is fantastic. No groceries, dishes, deciding what to eat, no endless conversations weighing the relative merits of gluten-free, keto, paleo or vegan. Power and water bills are lower. I save hours a day and hundreds of dollars a month. I feel liberated from a crushing amount of repetitive drudgery.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

This is the most elaborate cry for help from a depressed person I've ever seen. I think?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Vice is blocked at work but is that the guy who created that Soylent drink? I think there's a part where he goes "if I had money or a girlfriend things might be different" so yeah, I'd peg him as a candidate for being severely depressed.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

breakfall87 posted:

Got a Unibroue dinner coming up and I got the dessert course. My dish is getting paired with Trois Pistoles. I'm thinking some play on a black forest dessert, thoughts?

Unibroue! Oh fun. I think black forest is a little 80s tbh but you're clever enough so I'm sure you can make it work.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mediaphage posted:

Unibroue! Oh fun. I think black forest is a little 80s tbh but you're clever enough so I'm sure you can make it work.

Unibroue?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Sperg posted:

So what’s in Soylent, exactly?
Everything the body needs

It doesn't have everything the body needs.

/

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

C'est une brasserie Québécoise:

http://www.unibroue.com/

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

It's the second-best Quebecois brewery after Dieu de Ciel!, and their Fin du Monde was the first non-lovely beer I had. Also, we have a beer thread that could probably suggest interesting pairings for Trois Pistoles. It's been years since I had it, so I'm hesitant to make any recommendations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

No kinkshaming please

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I once saw Dino kill a man, just to watch him die. And then he threatened me with a carrot.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
OK if we're done abusing my character, can we all look at this (scroll to the bottom):

http://veganfest.org/speakers2013.php

They emailed me to be a speaker. It's in June. They're going to fly me out to Madison, Wisconsin, so I can tell vegans to stop buying fake meats. When I asked them if someone could host me (versus staying in a hotel, because if I stay in a hotel, I'd have to worry about what the hell to eat in an unknown city, whereas in someone's house, I can just mooch off of their fridge) in exchange for my cooking for them, the organiser said that she sent the word out, and had people fighting for the privilege. In the end, it went to the person who suggested me in the first place, and she's massively excited.

And because I fail at booking travel (whenever I've had to travel in the past, I'd call a travel agent, or have the person who wants me to fly out book the tickets through their travel agent), the lady said she'd sort out the plane tickets herself. Which means that I don't have to worry about getting reimbursed, and can just focus on planning out what to make. I'm so unspeakably excited. I've never been to Wisconsin before, and I look forward to going out and seeing it. I've heard that the people are extremely friendly, inviting, and warm. And the pictures I've seen of Madison are pretty nice too. I can't wait!

They said that they're going to take me out for a nice meal the night before the presentation, so that's pretty cool too. I get to see a new city, with people who really want me to come there, and who are paying for me to do what I love most: cook, and then talk about it. I'm freaking speechless you gais. This is soooooo awesome. And they used my favourite picture of me and Puppy.

I am so excited, you gais! This is such a huge honour.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Totally crashing this Madison veganfest thing.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

Totally crashing this Madison veganfest thing.

bring a pig

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just show up with pockets filled with bacon, and mindlessly nosh on it while listening to dino talk.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

bartolimu posted:

It's the second-best Quebecois brewery after Dieu de Ciel!, and their Fin du Monde was the first non-lovely beer I had. Also, we have a beer thread that could probably suggest interesting pairings for Trois Pistoles. It's been years since I had it, so I'm hesitant to make any recommendations.

I loving love Unibroue. But then again, I love cask-conditioned Belgian (or Belgian-style) beers, so Unibroue is probably my favorite North American brewery I've had the privileged to sample. I actually found someone in Iowa who sells it, but it's a 2.5 hour drive to get it. So I stocked the gently caress up last time I was in back home east.

Also, I think a dessert showcasing dates would go really, really well with Trois Pistoles.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
Congrats Dino! It sounds like you will have a rad time until goons show up to ruin it.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Just show up with pockets filled with bacon, and mindlessly nosh on it while listening to dino talk.

Was thinking of showing up with one of those huge bags of whole belly sized pork rinds and crunching loudly while getting pork dust everywhere.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Four words - meat tuxedo, Gaga style.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Just dry your clothes over a wood stove and walk around smelling vaguely bacony.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Happy Eat Tofu and Pussy Day everyone!!!

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

Was thinking of showing up with one of those huge bags of whole belly sized pork rinds and crunching loudly while getting pork dust everywhere.

Needs more cheese curds.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Can't edit on mobile app for some reason, but based on my (very pleasant) trip to Madison I wouldn't be surprised if all your vegan food had Real Wisconsin Cheese in it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Speaking of cheese curds, I just got the curds I ordered from a farm here in NC...I never really understood how a food could "squeak" while eating it but I sure do now!!!

Mine are cheddar-colored with annatto - is this traditional? I could swear all the pictures I've seen of filthy Canadians and their poutine that the curds are typically white.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Speaking of cheese curds, I just got the curds I ordered from a farm here in NC...I never really understood how a food could "squeak" while eating it but I sure do now!!!

Mine are cheddar-colored with annatto - is this traditional? I could swear all the pictures I've seen of filthy Canadians and their poutine that the curds are typically white.

Yes - if they're making yellow cheese it's easier to just pour some out for curds rather than make you special princess snowflake curds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Placenta Smoothie
Aug 25, 2008

Somehow I don't think walking unarmed into a herd of boar with razor blades for tusks is an entirely sound idea.
That's because we dare not sully our delicious bar food with something as pedestrian as dyes. We stick to salt.