Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Zeether posted:

It's a PT Cruiser mated with a Chevy Venture, why the gently caress would anyone want to do that?

TWO, TWO, TWO Times the awful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Zeether posted:

It's a PT Cruiser mated with a Chevy Venture, why the gently caress would anyone want to do that?

When you want to suck A LOT.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Saw this in a Publix parking lot. drat near dropped my groceries trying to get my phone out and snap this pic, but it was worth it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DropShadow posted:

I saw it again.

Still looks a hell of a lot better than a PT Cruiser does normally. :colbert:

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Not really terrible in and of itself. I think it's kind of witty and appreciate that they recognize there's a difference.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeether posted:

Why would anyone even think of that?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Godholio posted:

The same answer to most questions about this sort of thing:

meth

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Godholio posted:

Maybe the Chevy just rear-ended a PT Cruiser like, really hard.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Reminds me of a lower trim Civic I saw years ago with the Si wheels and spoiler that had the tag WANABSI. It's cute.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

davebo posted:

Reminds me of a lower trim Civic I saw years ago with the Si wheels and spoiler that had the tag WANABSI. It's cute.

Ugh, in 2002, I saw a lower trim (an LX, I think) with aftermarket wheels and an Si badge. Thing is, the car was green (Sis only came in red, blue or black at the time), the badge wasn't even an Si badge, but something resembling the other trim badges, it was a sedan (eighth generation was the first to do that), and -- this being the hardest slap in the face -- it was an automatic.

Not
loving cute.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
While I have no doubt the one you saw was indeed misbadged the EK Civic Si was available in green, sedan and automatic in Japan

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Pseudonym posted:

Ugh, in 2002, I saw a lower trim (an LX, I think) with aftermarket wheels and an Si badge. Thing is, the car was green (Sis only came in red, blue or black at the time), the badge wasn't even an Si badge, but something resembling the other trim badges, it was a sedan (eighth generation was the first to do that), and -- this being the hardest slap in the face -- it was an automatic.

Not
loving cute.

:goonsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCYMx6XzUA

This video makes me want to drive recklessly.

e: poo poo. this is the terrible thread, not the awesome thread. Consider me wanting to drive recklessly the "terrible" thing :v:

kastein fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 14, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You remember that from 2002?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Pseudonym posted:

Not
loving cute.

You're really angry about Civics.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Faerunner posted:

You're really angry about Civics.

The lineage of the fabled Honda Civic (let alone the beastly Si) demands respect, as well as grace in its presence. Impersonation of an Si lord is criminal even beyond human measures.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Once saw an early '90s Festiva / Fiesta (forget the difference), salmon pink rattlecan job with no clearcoat. Had a big NEUSPEED logo wrapped around one fender onto the hood, unlikely any Neuspeed parts graying the suspenders on its 14" steelies. Enormous fartcan muffler. But the coup de grace was the rebadging on the rear hatch, proclaiming what its owner really wished it was.

TAURUS.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I saw a Smart converted into a pickup, slightly stretched bottom frame and a square open box for a compartment, the rear of the actual Smart chassis was cut and modified a little so that it looked like a dwarven Mitsubishi L200. It also sounded like one of those one-seater closed-cockpit street-sweepers revving up, but three blocks away it sounded like an incoming (weak) tractor.

And I found that my phone isn't that fast in bringing up its camera mode when I need it. Calling on all Västerås & Nearby Swedish goons to keep their eyes open for it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out (I put this in the stupid question thread but it feels more appropriate here).

I'm trying to find out where I can see a bunch of bosuzoku style cars at a car meet. As in attend, in person. Can be anywhere in the world, doesn't matter. I've been scouring youtube and google for hours and I can't find any solid leads. Does anyone know where I might be able to find out about upcoming meets in a scene like this? I am heavily hampered by the fact I don't speak Japanese.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
The meet I went to was held at a rest stop off the highway near Nagashima Spa Land (southwest of Nagoya), word was that people were going to meet in the park's parking lot but security ran them out. It was kind of like an informal cars & coffee meet held at midnight, except 10x bigger and a hell of a lot louder! Language barriers abound for me, but I took it that it's held each year the night after New Year's Eve.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Tape civic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Not really seeing what's so bad about that. A car that old could be some high schooler's car or something, and it's an individual look on the cheap. Lord knows no Civic of that vintage has OEM paint worth a drat anymore.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

slidebite posted:

Tape civic

That looks like a fun project to try out on an obvious junker.

But good god, I can't take my eyes off those wheels.

EDIT: I'm going to go out on a limb and say wrong thread. But only for the tape... those spray-painted wheels definitely belong.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It actually looked surprisingly good from a distance. You have to get about 30' from it realize what it is.

And yeah I agree it's not "terrible" but it isn't AI either. Just humorous. I like the pink striping. I also think I know who the owner is and she's about 30 years old.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

You should keep tabs on that car. I'm curious to see how a few pounds of what appears to be duct tape could hold up against rain, snow, hail, and a carwash here and there.

Are there any obvious breaks where the body panels meet? I'd be pissed if I got rear-ended and had to retape the entire rear quarter of the car.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The awesome thing about doing bodywork with tape is that it is self leveling, you just stretch it across the high points and it floats over the dents :haw:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

NoWake posted:

The meet I went to was held at a rest stop off the highway near Nagashima Spa Land (southwest of Nagoya), word was that people were going to meet in the park's parking lot but security ran them out. It was kind of like an informal cars & coffee meet held at midnight, except 10x bigger and a hell of a lot louder! Language barriers abound for me, but I took it that it's held each year the night after New Year's Eve.

Thanks. Not sure I can wait 10 months though, might have to keep hunting.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

kastein posted:

The awesome thing about doing bodywork with tape is that it is self leveling, you just stretch it across the high points and it floats over the dents :haw:

Not to mention when you sell the car you can say with a straight face, "No rust, dents, or scratches... well, none that I know of at least." :rimshot:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cenodoxus posted:

That looks like a fun project to try out on an obvious junker.

But good god, I can't take my eyes off those wheels.

EDIT: I'm going to go out on a limb and say wrong thread. But only for the tape... those spray-painted wheels definitely belong.

Did they spray them silver with the hubcaps still on?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Snowdens Secret posted:

Not really seeing what's so bad about that. A car that old could be some high schooler's car or something, and it's an individual look on the cheap. Lord knows no Civic of that vintage has OEM paint worth a drat anymore.

Funny you say that, I saw a Civic today of that exact generation that looked show-room new, a truly rare Honda. I also agree, that tape job isn't the worst thing someone could do to a car by a long shot.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Fucknag posted:

Did they spray them silver with the hubcaps still on?

Either that or it was already painted silver and they opted for the "black spokes" look.

I suppose it could be worse. They could have duct-taped the wheels. :staredog:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

slidebite posted:

Tape civic

You gotta be careful with tape on the hood. We put duct tape racing stripes on my buddy's Pontiac Bonneville once and they came off at highway speed.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

8th-samurai posted:

You gotta be careful with tape on the hood. We put duct tape racing stripes on my buddy's Pontiac Bonneville once and they came off at highway speed.

My first car had duct taped around the door frame and onto the roof to hold the rubber insulation into place. Stayed there for 4.5 years until some derp smashed into while it was parked.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

BMW X7:

I'm on a fence with that one - obviously some work went into making it. I saw it on the road, and I think it even had BMW steering wheel and fenders.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I can't even tell what the donor car is... I assume chinese/russian?

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a Ssyangyong Rodius to me.

Edit: Actually, probably a Kyron/Actyon. Here's an example of a Actyon--

thetechnoloser fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 15, 2013

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

thetechnoloser posted:

Looks like a Ssyangong Rodius to me.

SsangYong Actyon.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

alex314 posted:

BMW X7:

I'm on a fence with that one - obviously some work went into making it. I saw it on the road, and I think it even had BMW steering wheel and fenders.

PT Cruiser hood, BMW grille, Grand Am bumper and possibly side skirts, and Volvo tail lights.

Probable country of origin: Russia?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Cenodoxus posted:

PT Cruiser hood, BMW grille, Grand Am bumper and possibly side skirts, and Volvo tail lights.

Probable country of origin: Russia?

Poland, surprisingly few thread worthy stuff to find here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Licence plate is Polish.