Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

You know, I was raised on soccer so I'm still fully invested in the sport but every time I see something like this I'm just ashamed of what the sport has become. All soccer players seem to be assholes. Each and everyone of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
He thinks the ball is still in and tries to turn the corner. Shutttt the gently caress up

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

He thinks the ball is still in and tries to turn the corner. Shutttt the gently caress up

Knowing nothing at all about soccer, it looks to me like the guy was trying to keep the ball in play by running slightly out of bounds and kicking it back in while hoping that nobody noticed it was out. But in his frantic rush to keep the ball in he ends up shoving the marker to the ground.

It was pretty douche-y... and in fact the more I watch it it looks like he actually shoves her on purpose.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is it actually pronounced Hif in spanish?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AlexF posted:

You know, I was raised on soccer so I'm still fully invested in the sport but every time I see something like this I'm just ashamed of what the sport has become. All soccer players seem to be assholes. Each and everyone of them.

Are you not seeing how far onto the field she is? She has a flag which means she is a line ref, what the hell is she doing that far onto the field? I'd hate to say she deserves it, but she does.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're standing on the sideline? Where a line-o should be?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
To me it looks like the first line that appears is mid field. As she falls, she falls towards the sideline (which looks like it is still about 10-15 feet away). She is in the field of play unless this is an optical illusion or some poo poo.

e:

Red is mid field, blue is sideline. In looking more, it looks like the cameraman is also on the field. The feck is going on in this gif?

weird Asian candy has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Mar 15, 2013

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Shath Hole posted:

Red is mid field, blue is sideline. In looking more, it looks like the cameraman is also on the field. The feck is going on in this gif?

Blue is the end of the field and red is the sideline. Just to the right is the corner.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
What are you talking about, the red line is the sideline and she stands right on top of it, the guy who hit her tried to keep the ball in play and didn't see her or whatever, she's a referee and should probably have gotten out of the way so as not to interfer with the game.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Shath Hole posted:

To me it looks like the first line that appears is mid field. As she falls, she falls towards the sideline (which looks like it is still about 10-15 feet away). She is in the field of play unless this is an optical illusion or some poo poo.

e:

I think red is sideline, blue is backline

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
This is hypnotic...

Stormageddon has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Mar 15, 2013

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shath Hole posted:

e:

Red line is sideline, blue line is the of the field.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Syncopated posted:

What are you talking about, the red line is the sideline and she stands right on top of it, the guy who hit her tried to keep the ball in play and didn't see her or whatever, she's a referee and should probably have gotten out of the way so as not to interfer with the game.

Holy poo poo, you are right. What a mind gently caress that was, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't see the goal at the end there.

vvv

The gif makes much more sense now, haha. I'm a tard.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

To hammer this home:

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Big Gif, posting link instead. It might be a bit slow.
http://i.imgur.com/zsWdBm1.gif

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Shath Hole posted:

Then what is the goal doing on the sideline?

source

e: whoops. had that tab open for a while.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Don't know the source, saw it on Tumblr.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's Everdraed. It was on the front page.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/everdraed-showcase/silence-lambs-shorts.php

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Tumblr and imgur are some of the worst offenders of reposting unsourced poo poo. I did the same thing with another one his gifs earlier because loving imgur. :(

Have a heef.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

kinmik posted:

Tumblr and imgur are some of the worst offenders of reposting unsourced poo poo. I did the same thing with another one his gifs earlier because loving imgur. :(

Have a heef.

Bert at the end had me rolling.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Source :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-m8_cM_SFI

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.

Best thing about soccer is that adorable sideways hopping jog of the referees.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The one thing that bugs me here is that the person didn't push the cartridge down like in an actual NES. :ohdear:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Zeether posted:

The one thing that bugs me here is that the person didn't push the cartridge down like in an actual NES. :ohdear:

Where could it have gone?

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012

Phuzun posted:

Bert at the end had me rolling.

I too, was rolling.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Sixty-niiiiiiiine!

Dug up from the Endless Ocean LP thread:

And this, well, I don't know. (subtitles)

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Zeether posted:

Believe it or not, my ancient NES is in such a sorry state that the only way I can get it to work is to slide the cartridge in like that and not press it down. I don't understand how it works, but it does; If I press it down I just get the blinking power light and grey/blue screen.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Paging Desperado Bones to the Gif Thread, Desperado Bones to the Gif thread please, to give us the answer straight from Mexico.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

Action Shakespeare posted:

And this, well, I don't know. (subtitles)

This one's from Jimmy Fallons late night show. It's called True Facts of Truth with [insert celebrity].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohuG00uR_dc
True facts of Truth with Ewan McGregor.

squeee has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Mar 16, 2013

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

zoux posted:

Any 'g' that precedes an 'i' in Spanish is pronounced like an English 'h.'

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

:nws:Shay Laren.:nws:

e:

razorrozar has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Mar 16, 2013

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

NorskHotDog
Oct 23, 2010

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Paging Desperado Bones to the Gif Thread, Desperado Bones to the Gif thread please, to give us the answer straight from Mexico.

:stare: Me,what,how? I don't know,I think we say it something like "heef". But it depends in the person and their knowledge of English. (Example, there's people who say "Pizza Hoot" instead of "Pizza Hut")

/End of derail.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

"I'm ... good. I'm ... faster than a bear."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

From the illusion chase in Richard Williams's The Thief And The Cobbler. It blew my mind as a kid and still does. No computer graphics, either, just straight-up 24fps animation magic.

• Locked thread