Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Yeah, it seems that Fenriz thinks they're pretty good too.

Hail SATAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Man, those are some uninspired band names.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

QPZIL posted:

Man, those are some uninspired band names.

Well, Satan's been around since 1979.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Oldstench posted:

Well, Satan's been around since 1979.

Been feeling kind of old lately but finding out that even Satan himself is younger than me is pretty disheartening.

Anyone else going to Deathfest? I was just looking over the lineup and if Ihsahn opens with this I'm going to lose my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kJ-zyCbFY

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Monkeytime posted:

Been feeling kind of old lately but finding out that even Satan himself is younger than me is pretty disheartening.

Anyone else going to Deathfest? I was just looking over the lineup and if Ihsahn opens with this I'm going to lose my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kJ-zyCbFY

BRING ME MY WIIIIINEEEE

I love that song.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

QPZIL posted:

BRING ME MY WIIIIINEEEE

I love that song.

Oh man, I should've listened to some older Ihsahn sooner! Any stuff I might've missed yet from this year? So far the only stuff I'm particularly aware of is:
Paysage D'Hiver
Cultes Des Ghoules
Sacriphyx
Rotting Christ.

If I've missed anything of note, please let me know.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Goddamn I love Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy. It's the perfect blend of aggression, tempo, melodies, chanting, and basically everything I like. gently caress.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

Oh man, I should've listened to some older Ihsahn sooner! Any stuff I might've missed yet from this year? So far the only stuff I'm particularly aware of is:
Paysage D'Hiver
Cultes Des Ghoules
Sacriphyx
Rotting Christ.

Rhinocervs RH-15 if you're into them.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

nomapple posted:

Paysage D'Hiver
Cultes Des Ghoules
Sacriphyx
Rotting Christ.

The new Fen album is fantastic.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Posting here because more people in this thread are likely to appreciate this style of death metal, but the new Tribulation album loving owns. I'll definitely be going to see them when they stop in London next weekend. Early favourite is Suspiria.

What an album!

lenitic
Jun 11, 2012
There is this band called Moonsorrow, who kick rear end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEXTBW91us

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Goddamn I love Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy. It's the perfect blend of aggression, tempo, melodies, chanting, and basically everything I like. gently caress.

Yea, I've been digging the Rotting Christ sound over their past few albums, the most recent one is more of the same but they do it so well.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

Yea, I've been digging the Rotting Christ sound over their past few albums, the most recent one is more of the same but they do it so well.

I doubt they'll top Theogonia as far as the new sound is concerned, but the new album has some good tracks on it. I particularly like the 2nd track.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

nomapple posted:

I doubt they'll top Theogonia as far as the new sound is concerned, but the new album has some good tracks on it. I particularly like the 2nd track.

That's actually the one I was listening to as I wrote that post. P'unchaw Kachun - Tuta Kachina. gently caress.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Just picked up the new album by Sad from Greece, Devouring the Divine. It's pretty great, kinda of reminiscent of the first wave sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVfWp3e5oI

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Not sure if there's anybody that just reads this thread and not the regular metal thread, but VHÖL just released a new track from their upcoming album. It's the new bad featuring Aesop Dekker of Agalloch, Mike Scheidt of YOB, and two members of Hammers of Misfortune.

http://stereogum.com/1291311/vhol-illuminate-stereogum-premiere/mp3/

It rips pretty hard.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

New Altar of Plagues tune owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfieYwl4aQ

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
Fanisk.
Verwustung
Situs Magus

nomapple posted:

Paysage D'Hiver
Cultes Des Ghoules
Sacriphyx
Rotting Christ.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I'm sorry, Altar of Plagues, but interpretative dance just isn't metal.

Good song, though.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Not Very Metal posted:

Just picked up the new album by Sad from Greece, Devouring the Divine. It's pretty great, kinda of reminiscent of the first wave sound:

I came here to post about this. It reminds me of the Mgla record from last year that I loved so well.

Speaking of Vhol, you can stream another one of their tracks plus new ones from the forthcoming Aosoth and Woe albums here: http://stereogum.com/1267571/the-black-market-the-month-in-metal-february-2013/top-stories/

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Monkeytime posted:

I came here to post about this. It reminds me of the Mgla record from last year that I loved so well.

Speaking of Vhol, you can stream another one of their tracks plus new ones from the forthcoming Aosoth and Woe albums here: http://stereogum.com/1267571/the-black-market-the-month-in-metal-february-2013/top-stories/

Wow. I will definitely have to check this out then, With Hearts Toward None owns.

Great song, and a music video that is actually worth watching? I really liked that, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Still not sure I am convinced by VOHL though :/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Friends Are Evil posted:

I'm sorry, Altar of Plagues, but interpretative dance just isn't metal.

Good song, though.

I think that's the point :ssh:

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

alg posted:

I think that's the point :ssh:

Irony is for hipsters

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Monkeytime posted:

I've been stuck on Aosoth since I first heard them about 6 months ago. I think I've played Ashes of Angels almost once a day, I'm really excited for this new album.

e: but yeah, this Sad album is great. Everything except the production on it reminds me of the 90's bands. Listening to that Vhol track now, it does rip pretty hard.

Not Very Metal fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 20, 2013

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Friends Are Evil posted:

interpretative dance just isn't metal.

https://vimeo.com/24775697

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Not Very Metal posted:

I came to post about Sad too. The riffs are kicking my rear end.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I like the rhythm changes in A Blaze in the Northern Sky, and the mid-tempo sections of the album alot. Can you guys point me toward some more poo poo like that?

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Dog Jones posted:

I like the rhythm changes in A Blaze in the Northern Sky, and the mid-tempo sections of the album alot. Can you guys point me toward some more poo poo like that?

More early Darkthrone. Really, that isn't just a sarcastic answer.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Fenriz has kind of a unique rhythm style for norwegian black metal but maybe Emperor? I dunno, he's looking for features I don't normally pay attention to...

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Dog Jones posted:

Hellhammer and the first two Celtic Frost albums

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Morbid Florist posted:

Fenriz has kind of a unique rhythm style for norwegian black metal but maybe Emperor? I dunno, he's looking for features I don't normally pay attention to...

Sometimes I have a tough time understanding the melody when its just a ton of tremelo picking (I don't mind super low quaulity recordings though, for some reason). I usually find that the down tempo parts of black metal songs have cooler guitar interplay, too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Dog Jones posted:

Sometimes I have a tough time understanding the melody when its just a ton of tremelo picking (I don't mind super low quaulity recordings though, for some reason). I usually find that the down tempo parts of black metal songs have cooler guitar interplay, too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

You'd probably really like Cultes des Ghoules.

Lord Purple
Mar 7, 2006

Remove your eyes...
The new summoning album is available for pre-order.
It has been seven years since Oath Bound. The least they can do is leak this one a couple of months early.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
A new The Ruins of Beverast Track demands your attention.

I kind of forgot that this was coming out and now I am really looking forward to it again, it's totally hypnotic.

e: Any Euro-goons seen Ash Borer//Fell Voices on their current tour? I'm seeing them in Brussels next Friday and I can't wait!

nomapple fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 11, 2013

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Holy poo poo I didn't know agalloch was touring in Seattle this Sunday, I just barely got tickets in time. Looking forward to this show.

e: 21+ :negative:

Gamma Nerd fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 11, 2013

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Gamma Nerd posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't know agalloch was touring in Seattle this Sunday, I just barely got tickets in time. Looking forward to this show.

Yeah that band they are playing with looks good too. I'm going to the Portland show though.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Was listening to the latest Horna while reading and a shriek literally scared the poo poo out of me.

Horna rules

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

If only they stuck with the Sotahuuto writing direction. I can't get enough of that dirty, angry poo poo.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Weaponized Cum posted:

Was listening to the latest Horna while reading and a shriek literally scared the poo poo out of me.

Horna rules

Literally? Gross dude, I hope there wasn't anybody around, that'd be embarassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

If feces isn't metal anymore I'm switching to country music.