Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

poptart_fairy posted:

Ryuk45 12 hours ago

I can't wait for this game just to masturbate to Jill's rear end in that tight wetsuit

:catstare:

Well, whatever it takes to get those sale numbers up I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Ryuk45 12 hours ago

I can't wait for this game just to masturbate to Jill's rear end in that tight wetsuit

:catstare:

Oh cool, we found Carlos :v:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That guy's going to rip his cock off when he sees Rachel.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
But it makes her rear end look like a basketball. Who masturbates to basketballs? :raise:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRf922JvM0

Revelations HD is going to have a new "Infernal" difficulty mode, which changes enemy and item placement along with the standard difficulty changes. There's also a brand new enemy called "Wall Blister", which may or may not be exclusive to Infernal.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
I basically never heard of revelations before now, what kind of control scheme does it use? Is it going to be like RE6?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

losonti tokash posted:

I basically never heard of revelations before now, what kind of control scheme does it use? Is it going to be like RE6?

It plays like RE4/RE5 with less emphasis on melee moves and instead a greater focus on an invincibility-frame dodge move.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
I've been playing RE6 again with a co-op buddy this time around and it's really made for a better experience. Then I got the max level combo gauge skill and paired it with Level 3 melee and the game became Streets of Rage. RE6 has a lot of problems, but it makes it a lot of fun to punch monsters.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So I bought Resi 6 today and I have a few issues with it, my biggest one is the severe ammo ahortages, its rather difficult to fight dozens of zombies, who LOVE to come flying towards me Jackie Chan style by the way, when I have 10 bullets between my 2 piddly guns.

I've played a lot of Dead Space and Resi 4/5 but this one is giving me a load of trouble on the enemy front, I'm finding it very difficult to keep track of the zombies when they love to take flying leaps towards me from all directions, my AI buddy does well to help but there's just so much going on, its nuts.

Progress at the minute is I'm inside the Cathedral in Leon's chapter, and I've died about 12 times so far, being grappled is practically a death sentence I've noticed, maybe I should play on Easy mode until I've gotten better guns, PLEASE tell me weapons can be upgraded by the way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

So I bought Resi 6 today and I have a few issues with it, my biggest one is the severe ammo ahortages, its rather difficult to fight dozens of zombies, who LOVE to come flying towards me Jackie Chan style by the way, when I have 10 bullets between my 2 piddly guns.

I've played a lot of Dead Space and Resi 4/5 but this one is giving me a load of trouble on the enemy front, I'm finding it very difficult to keep track of the zombies when they love to take flying leaps towards me from all directions, my AI buddy does well to help but there's just so much going on, its nuts.

Progress at the minute is I'm inside the Cathedral in Leon's chapter, and I've died about 12 times so far, being grappled is practically a death sentence I've noticed, maybe I should play on Easy mode until I've gotten better guns, PLEASE tell me weapons can be upgraded by the way.

Weapons are 'upgraded' via skill equips. Otherwise nope.

The thing to keep in mind with ammo is that almost every enemy can be killed in one shot + one melee. The zombies who leap at you can be counter-attacked for an instant kill. It's a case where the best thing to is learn how to kill them quickly. If you're using more than one bullet on lower-level enemies you're probably wasting ammo.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

You're really going to want to learn how to Counter effectively. It's just something that comes with experience more than anything. For example, if you want to counter a regular zombie's swipe attack, wait for them to swing their arm to the left, then watch as they swing it back right and toward you. As soon as the arm passes the zombie's right shoulder, that's when you want to counter. For the Bloodshots, they're a little more unpredictable, but get some distance from them, wait for them to jump at you, and counter to instantly kill them. For zombies who run at you, wait for them to jump in the air, then hit counter really fast. Running zombies and dogs are probably the hardest counters, but you'll get used to the timing eventually.

RE6 really likes its melee system, so it's best to play along until you've got some ammo to burn through. You certainly can't counter every enemy, but there's enough that are vulnerable to make it worth your while. For skills, I'd advise Firearm increases, Melee power increases, and the skill that gives more item drops. Field Medic is another nice one, but it depends on whether you want to be a powerhouse or if you want to take things a little more slowly.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I've been playing a lot of RE 5 the past few weeks and I've not really had any issues with the Majini's (or Ganados in 4) since they were fairly slow, its surprising how fast the zombies in 6 can actually move, which tends to catch me off guard since I'm used to the old 4/5 way of things.

I do have some skills equipped already, I have the increased item drop one, a defense one and one that does extra damage to Zombies, but yeah, the issues I'm having really come from me being too used to the old way, which seems to be gone now.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Most enemies are pretty easy to just straight-up melee to death. In general, you always want to press your offensive against J'avo, and keep your distance from zombies (who are only effective at close-range). Staggering any enemy can let you catch them all in a sweeping melee attack, and if you run and slide into a group, you can scatter and stun them long enough to either get back up or blast them from a lying position.

If you get good at it, you can slide into a group, headshot whoever hasn't been stunned, get up and roundhouse the whole of them, then stomp them to death.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Just a heads up for anyone who cares, you can now unlock tons of concept art with blurbs from the art director on the website thing. Some of it is pretty interesting.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Judge Tesla posted:

I've been playing a lot of RE 5 the past few weeks and I've not really had any issues with the Majini's (or Ganados in 4) since they were fairly slow, its surprising how fast the zombies in 6 can actually move, which tends to catch me off guard since I'm used to the old 4/5 way of things.

I do have some skills equipped already, I have the increased item drop one, a defense one and one that does extra damage to Zombies, but yeah, the issues I'm having really come from me being too used to the old way, which seems to be gone now.

Those and breakout are easily the best, if you wanna play it safe, replay the first stage a few times and kill everything you can, it nets you a decent amount of skill points and you can use them to upgrade the defense skill.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Alteisen posted:

Those and breakout are easily the best, if you wanna play it safe, replay the first stage a few times and kill everything you can, it nets you a decent amount of skill points and you can use them to upgrade the defense skill.

Also, one thing not mentioned is that during QTE involving the joystick, rotate BOTH joysticks, not just the left stick. This will help immensely.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
RE6 pc is getting the L4D2 crew playable in mercenaries.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tremors posted:

RE6 pc is getting the L4D2 crew playable in mercenaries.

Haha, that is god damned amazing.

quote:

This crossover project between two of the interactive entertainment industry’s most respected publishers will see characters from Left 4 Dead™ 2 featured exclusively in the forthcoming PC version of Resident Evil® 6, while enemies from Resident Evil 6 will invade the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2. All content will be made available completely free for fans of either game to access and play.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 15, 2013

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
...what the hell?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Huh. :stare:

Can't say I saw this coming.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Oh, that is absolutely fantastic. Now I really wish I didn't have this dinosaur for a desktop because all these features they're adding to the pc version are really appealing and I'm totally going to double dip on this game, just got to wait out the next two or three months before I can build a new pc that would be able to handle this.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Compared to the lackluster treatment of RE5 on PC, this (along with the nice preorder bonuses) make me super-tempted to pre-order this game. It's only $40, too, which surprises me; I expected them to price this at $50-$60.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Casull posted:

Compared to the lackluster treatment of RE5 on PC, this (along with the nice preorder bonuses) make me super-tempted to pre-order this game. It's only $40, too, which surprises me; I expected them to price this at $50-$60.

Yeah between the price drop and the bonus stuff I'm definitely getting it. I'm not expecting RE4, but it at least looks better than 5.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
I'd be more excited about this additional multiplayer content for the PC if the online play on the xbox version wasn't already completely dead. I'm sure they'll be people playing when it launches, but it seems like it'll fade quickly.

They launched another DLC multiplayer mode last week and I still have trouble finding matches on that. They're fun when there's people to play, but I'm not sure if it's going to attract any sort of player base.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Instant preorder.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

citizenlowell posted:

I'd be more excited about this additional multiplayer content for the PC if the online play on the xbox version wasn't already completely dead. I'm sure they'll be people playing when it launches, but it seems like it'll fade quickly.

They launched another DLC multiplayer mode last week and I still have trouble finding matches on that. They're fun when there's people to play, but I'm not sure if it's going to attract any sort of player base.

I think the biggest problem with those dlc modes is that they came out way too far after the game launched so there was always going to be a lot fewer people buying them than there could've been had it come out sooner, which is a shame because some of those modes like Predator were a real blast to play in the first couple of weeks when it was released and you could get a full game going easily but now a days it's hard enough to find people still playing these modes and even then you'll maybe get a game with 4 people total and with that few people it's just not any fun. The PC version at least gives everyone who preorders the game free access to those dlc modes so depending on how many people actually do get the game there might be a larger install base of people who will have access to those modes instead of passing over them because they have to purchase it separately.

vvvvvv Oh I definitely agree that having to pay for those game modes was horrendously stupid, especially considering Capcom announced those game mode were coming several months before the game was even released. Had the dlc been released sooner to the game launch I'd say, yes, the price would be it's biggest problem but I don't think having it be free 3 months after launch would have made that huge a difference. Like I said the first week or two I didn't really have any problems finding people to play with, Predator usually had around a dozen different lobbies that would fill up with max players quickly, so there were a good amount of people who actually bought the modes it just didn't have the player base to keep it alive after people started moving on from it. Honestly, I think it being free probably would have caused people to drop it quicker because not having to have paid for it they wouldn't have that incentive to play more so they can feel like they got their money's worth from the purchase.

RageBeef fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 15, 2013

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

RageBeef posted:

I think the biggest problem with those dlc modes is that they came out way too far after the game launched so there was always going to be a lot fewer people buying them than there could've been had it come out sooner

Honestly I think charging for new multiplayer modes is a disaster to start with as it only segments the player base. All the modes should have been free as a way to keep people engaged and playing. They ought to offer them for free on the PC. RE6 is a flawed game, but I've enjoyed by time with it. I'd buy single player DLC in the vein of what we got for RE5 and play it too. I don't really know what Capcom thinks they're going to achieve with their current approach.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
This crossover looks like it will be the best thing ever.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Capcom, you clever bastards.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is this the first Capcom game that is fully Steam integrated? Looks like it has Steam Achievements and all ... that's pretty cool!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

DmC: Devil May Cry was the first back in January. Seems like they've thankfully given up on Games for Windows Live.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm more interested in the L4D2 integration, to be honest. I thought that game was dead like two years ago :psyduck:

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Okay, I just pre-ordered RE6. It's probably bad that it was L4D2 + Steamworks that sold me.

I can't take the storyline seriously at all, right? Please tell me it's dumb enough so I don't have to take it seriously, but not so dumb that I'm going to cringe at it.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It's just a dumb action movie storyline. There's nothing amazing or horrible about it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Casull posted:

Okay, I just pre-ordered RE6. It's probably bad that it was L4D2 + Steamworks that sold me.

I can't take the storyline seriously at all, right? Please tell me it's dumb enough so I don't have to take it seriously, but not so dumb that I'm going to cringe at it.

Take it about as seriously as you take the other Resident Evil games. I think the game is decent, but there are quite a few things that bring it down. I dont think I ever cringed other than how corny Jake is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

blackguy32 posted:

Take it about as seriously as you take the other Resident Evil games. I think the game is decent, but there are quite a few things that bring it down. I dont think I ever cringed other than how corny Jake is.

Jake has to try and live up to his father's history of corny lines though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Len posted:

Jake has to try and live up to his father's history of corny lines though.

I appreciate his effort, but he never can. :(

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Guess who's joining the Revelations raid mode roster? :allears:

Also two new enemies.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
So. Resident Evil 5 on PC is using my integrated intel graphics instead of the Nvidia card I have. This is probably due to that stupid Optimus technology, but when I try to force it to use the card in the control panel, I can't. It's greyed out, forcing it to run on the integrated graphics. I haven't had this problem with other games. Is there a workaround for this? Usually I can just force the program to use the Nvidia card through the control panel.

Edit: Figured it out, just had to rename the executable.

MarioTeachesWiping fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Casull posted:

The gameplay is loving fantastic, and the storyline is largely enjoyably dumb...although it veers off into just straight what-the-gently caress-land every so often, and it has the weirdest loving pacing thanks to the whole "three seperate campaigns" thing. When you play the game, you should swap around characters every so often, instead of just focusing on one campaign at a time. It improves the story somewhat, since you're getting it presented in probably the most coherent way...which still isn't saying too much.

If you do care at all about the story or the world of the game, you'll want to look out for the bonus breakable item in the game (like those blue plates in RE5). You shoot them to unlock files you can read on the main menu, which provide a surprising amount of exposition for kind of really important things that are never explained in-game at all. The story doesn't make any more sense even with the exposition, but it's more flavor to your crazy, I guess you can say.

The plot is basically Clive Barker's G.I. Joe with a heavy dose of Left 4 Dead thrown in.