Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
A Prayer in Darkness hit the one year mark today, somehow. Been a hell of a crazy ride so far, probably the best game I've ever been in, so I thought the anniversary deserved a shout out. Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

Here's hoping the second year's as good as the first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hctibyllis
Aug 24, 2012

Her mouth was sewn shut but her eyes were still wide
Gazing through the fog to the other side
Was kinda browsing the AW threads and came upon The Stormlands. Axeman's character Yvonne made me lol a few times :) Good stuff!

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

That thread made me want to give PbP a go. Everyone in it, past and present, is awesome.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

exuma posted:

That thread made me want to give PbP a go. Everyone in it, past and present, is awesome.

You should! Look for a live recruit, there's several out there. Hang out in IRC too. Synirc is the place.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just want to give a shout-out to all the players in my thread, who rescued it from stagnation and did so with flying colors. They really stepped up with some great posts and roleplaying. Thanks, guys!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hctibyllis posted:

Was kinda browsing the AW threads and came upon The Stormlands. Axeman's character Yvonne made me lol a few times :) Good stuff!

I hope it's been as enjoyable to read as it has been to run!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

exuma posted:

Awesome! Davin Valkri has an open recruit for Apocalypse World right now: The Ancient Steppe.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Platonicsolid posted:

You should! Look for a live recruit, there's several out there. Hang out in IRC too. Synirc is the place.

Any help with a channel name? There's nothing listed in any of the TGR/Traditional Games FAQs.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
^ The main pbp channel on synirc is #badwrongfun these days, most people hang out either in there or in #partyhard, the old haunt.

exuma posted:

That's nice to hear! :3: The AW stormlands game is my first real venture into any kind of PbP, and I would say AW is a nice, simple and fun system to start off with! I recommend it!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's really awesome that Zero Suit Ridley's L5R game(s) are growing into a full alternative universe, with games by him and Mors Rattus. Just a matter of time until the Trout Clan is a reality. :allears:

exuma
Feb 8, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

Awesome! Davin Valkri has an open recruit for Apocalypse World right now: The Ancient Steppe.

I said "want to give it a go"; but meant "I'm now in three *World games, and will soon be running my own AW game".

This is your fault. Thank you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

exuma posted:

I said "want to give it a go"; but meant "I'm now in three *World games, and will soon be running my own AW game".

This is your fault. Thank you.

:getin:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I really needed a laugh today. Diqnol's posting restriction in the App Store CYOR game absolutely gave me that in spades.

My personal favorites so far:

Diqnol posted:

Are you a Deku Nut? Because you're stunning me.

Diqnol posted:

Your smile is like Expelliarmus. Simple but disarming.

Diqnol posted:

Don't worry 'bout no deadline, girl, I'll be voting you all night long

Seriously, anyone else having a lovely day is strongly advised to check out Diqnol's post history in that game :allears:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I really hope someone does Survivor again. I have really enjoyed reading it and am kicking myself for not signing up.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CapitalistPig posted:

I really hope someone does Survivor again. I have really enjoyed reading it and am kicking myself for not signing up.

Yeah, I just read through that entire thread today from start to now and it's pretty genius stuff.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Abyssals Double Feature has been a pretty wild ride thus far. There's action starting pretty early on, and mysteries get satisfactory answers but open up into more mysteries pretty regularly. I would think that from an outsider's perspective the pacing is better than in most game threads, and the most promising reveals are yet to come. I highly recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the Exalted setting or games involving antiheroes winding up awkwardly being the good guys.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
In searching the forum, I see there were two now-defunct Apocalypse World games set on a junked starship flotilla. They went offline a few months ago...too soon to start up an AW game with a similar setting?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Clockwork posted:

In searching the forum, I see there were two now-defunct Apocalypse World games set on a junked starship flotilla. They went offline a few months ago...too soon to start up an AW game with a similar setting?

Nope. If you want to run it, it's never too soon.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Have the PCs loot the corpses of the previous groups.

That'll learn 'em.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Ettin posted:

That'll learn 'em.

Oh man, that would make a fantastic GURPS Infinite Worlds campaign.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

foxxtrot posted:

Oh man, that would make a fantastic GURPS Infinite Worlds campaign.

This sounds like a great idea for my IW game. Have them loot dead games.

I've already grabbed a former PC of mine from a dead game to be an NPC in my game, why not loot dead games further.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Ettin posted:

That'll learn 'em.

There is a solo module that suggests doing just this, marking in the book where your guy died so a future guy can loot his poo poo. I was thinking of making it into a CYOA for a LP crossover.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I'm having a great time reading the heavily modded Battlestar Galactica 2.0: I wouldn't trust me, either. They changed Chief's OPG to this:

Scrap Project -- Action: Once per game, destroy any number of Raptors and/or damaged Vipers to draw twice that many Skill Cards. These may come from outside your Skill Set.

I really hope Chief turns out to be a cylon, and scraps every single raptor in the fleet for fun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Asterios posted:

I'm having a great time reading the heavily modded Battlestar Galactica 2.0: I wouldn't trust me, either. They changed Chief's OPG to this:

Scrap Project -- Action: Once per game, destroy any number of Raptors and/or damaged Vipers to draw twice that many Skill Cards. These may come from outside your Skill Set.

I really hope Chief turns out to be a cylon, and scraps every single raptor in the fleet for fun.

That thread

is the best thread.

Seriously, the most recent few turns from Rosalin are absolutely amazing.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

I've read so many BSG games on this forum - I've read them for years - and I've never seen a player pull what Rosalin's pulling.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Holy poo poo. I almost wish that had happened on the show.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

DocBubonic posted:

This sounds like a great idea for my IW game. Have them loot dead games.

I've already grabbed a former PC of mine from a dead game to be an NPC in my game, why not loot dead games further.

Speaking of which, Lost Highway, the game in question, just hit 3000 posts. In, uh...8 months? Slightly less?

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

The bad news is that until we get someone out of the Brig, or Roslin stumbles onto a "Destroy the Fleet" button, this is going to be a slow, slow game.

Fine by me.

:munch:

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

That thread has actually made me consider buying the BSG board game. Amazing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I think I missed something in the most recent exchange. Tyrol's brig attempt came up 5, and then someone was allowed to roll up a LEA-3 card? Could someone point out what rules were used here?

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Coolguye posted:

I think I missed something in the most recent exchange. Tyrol's brig attempt came up 5, and then someone was allowed to roll up a LEA-3 card? Could someone point out what rules were used here?

I believe they used "Declare Emergency" which, if a crisis fails by a single point, can be used to add one and make it a pass. I may be wrong about the specifics though.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

The other BSG game running right now is also excellent. They've been crushed by Cylon attack after Cylon attack, and they're barely into the game.

They're about to turn over control of several of their most powerful tokens to a single player who, if it turns out is a Cylon, will be hilarious to watch.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SPOOKYBONERS is the funniest name for a game in ages.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Guys. Guys. Spaceship Mu. Oh my God.

Druggeddwarf fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 14, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Captain_Indigo's Fantasy Politics game is really just stellar so far. It almost makes me think that I could get into something like Downton Abbey, if it starred Halflings and Orcs and Ant-people. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses, and while it's both still very early in, and not really a win-lose type of game, I'm rooting for The Confederation of North Gowerdane.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 15, 2013

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
Developed a bit of a Shadowrun itch following Turtlicious's console game LPs, in the midst of scratching it I stumbled upon children overboard's The Startup. If there's two good reasons to be instantly sold, they are the following:

1. It's not Seattle.
2. Mystic Mongol plays what I can only describe as "Elven Aldrich Killian."

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Andy Waltfeld posted:

Developed a bit of a Shadowrun itch following Turtlicious's console game LPs, in the midst of scratching it I stumbled upon children overboard's The Startup. If there's two good reasons to be instantly sold, they are the following:

1. It's not Seattle.

Children Overboard's shadowrun games are great. After the last one, I pulled out all stops creating a character to get into 'The Startup'. If you have archives, go find his first Shadowrun pbp, Shadowrun:Vengeance. It's based in Seattle, but still was fun to play while it lasted.

Link to archives SR:Vengeance http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386663

ltr fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 20, 2013

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Andy Waltfeld posted:

Developed a bit of a Shadowrun itch following Turtlicious's console game LPs, in the midst of scratching it I stumbled upon children overboard's The Startup. If there's two good reasons to be instantly sold, they are the folloIve wing:

1. It's not Seattle.

I've been following this one pretty closely too. I think Bernardo (the dwarven pyro that gives Mystic Mongol's character his incendiaries) may possibly be my favorite character to come out of that game.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
IAC's dragonlords
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571937

I am Communist posted:

Also are you going to fight with the prince in your mouth or run?

"Worry not, my dear, I will save you! Climb into my dragon mouth!"

* While in flight, dragon is attacked. Uses fire breath. *

"Oh gently caress."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Just started reading Fallout: Tennessee today and binged through the whole thread. Some growing pains with the system early but some really nice story advancement!