Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Do they know that pmags aren't authorized anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Christoff posted:

Do they know that pmags aren't authorized anymore?

Uh those tards aren't military.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

DoktorLoken posted:

Uh those tards aren't military.

:thejoke:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At least their fingers are off the triggers. But that EOtech... :wtf:

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

PMAGs are banned?! But those things are AWESOME

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
Speaking of EO Tech, what is this? I gather it's a green laser of some kind, but why 4? Non-lethal dazzler?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's not part of the EOtech, that's all I know. It's a separate piece that also has a rail on top.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Kaliber posted:

Why is the other guy holding his shotgun like a machine gun?

And why is he dressed up like Destro

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

And why is he dressed up like Destro

That's actually the most badass part of the whole thing.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

grover posted:

Speaking of EO Tech, what is this? I gather it's a green laser of some kind, but why 4? Non-lethal dazzler?

Yeah its an EOF laser. I don't think they use this system anymore, it was limited release.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Madurai posted:

The Falcon air-to-air missile also had a fighter number, so that might not be as purely political as all that. BOMARC had a better claim, what with the 400-mile range, and all.

Bomarc also probably had a better chance of actually hitting anything; the Falcon was downright legendarily lovely:

Robin Olds posted:

By the beginning of June, we all hated the new AIM-4 Falcon missiles. I loathed the damned useless things. I wanted my Sidewinders back. In two missions I had fired seven or eight of the bloody things and not one guided. They were worse than I had anticipated. Sometimes they refused to launch; sometimes they just cruised off into the blue without guiding. In the thick of an engagement with my head twisting and turning, trying to keep track of friend and foe, I'd forget which of the four I had (already) selected and couldn't tell which of the remaining was perking and which head was already expiring on its launch rail. Twice upon returning to base I had the tech rep go over the switchology and firing sequences. We never discovered I was doing anything wrong.

fighter jock.jpg

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Kaliber posted:

Plate Carrier? Check
M4? Check
Grip Pod? Check
PMAG? Check
Making sure your EO tech is mounted properly? gently caress!

Because :cop:

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

Kaliber posted:

Plate Carrier? Check
M4? Check
Grip Pod? Check
PMAG? Check

Hahahaha WTF? How can you suck so bad at life? I just...I mean if I gave some weapons and poo poo to my mom? OK rog, gonna do some dumb stuff. But these clowns supposedly are trained on some level right? You know what? This is better. The militarization of police forces is horrible.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also too cool for helmets, apparently these guys think they're seals.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Vasudus posted:

OSINT (open source intelligence) is a semi-new and pretty interesting field. With social media being the thing it is now, it only makes sense to apply intelligence analysis to it.

FBMS and then known as FBIS was created in 1941 and exists to this day as OSC. It's operated by the CIA. OSINT as intelligence discipline is pretty old. The data mining of social media is mostly handled by NSA (allegedly not targeted at US nationals for intel oversight reasons, yeah right) and the FBI is pretty deep into monitoring social media too, for obvious reasons.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

front wing flexing posted:

FBMS and then known as FBIS was created in 1941 and exists to this day as OSC. It's operated by the CIA. OSINT as intelligence discipline is pretty old. The data mining of social media is mostly handled by NSA (allegedly not targeted at US nationals for intel oversight reasons, yeah right) and the FBI is pretty deep into monitoring social media too, for obvious reasons.

He's talking about it as a beyond face value analysis. I met some of the Jellyfish dudes at a conference for PIs and they actually have come up with some amazingly cool metrics for observation across a large spectrum that puts previous methods to absolute shame. OSINT is a pretty old intel method, but the modern usage of it is just a solid 50/50 of SIGINT and HUMINT

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Kaliber posted:

Plate Carrier? Check
M4? Check
Grip Pod? Check
PMAG? Check

I got out before the EO tech and other things came around, so all I ever used was the old iron peep sights on an M16. What is wrong with the EO tech mounting? The fact that he still has the front sight installed? A quick Google shows other AR15's installed the same way, are they all retarded as well?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's the wrong way around. The protrusion is supposed to face forward. Flip-up rear sights I've seen before also then to fold forward, so that's installed wrong too.

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

evil_bunnY posted:

It's the wrong way around. The protrusion is supposed to face forward. Flip-up rear sights I've seen before also then to fold forward, so that's installed wrong too.
Wow, that reminds me of when I went to my first post in the MSG program and was told to configure my Interceptor vest with all the 10000 pouches, so I did, but without weaving the straps through MOLLE mesh. I looked like a tactical Sam Gamgee with poo poo hanging all over the place. Luckily there were a few 03's there to call me a dumbass POG and teach me the right way...

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Speaking of weird things mounted on guns: Check this out. I mean, I get the scope I guess, that's fine. But why a mirror?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Risket posted:

I got out before the EO tech and other things came around, so all I ever used was the old iron peep sights on an M16. What is wrong with the EO tech mounting? The fact that he still has the front sight installed? A quick Google shows other AR15's installed the same way, are they all retarded as well?

Front sight post is not removeable. His rear sight is MagPul BUIs. It's up all the way.

His EOtech is backwards. The buttons to turn it on and adjust the brightness are on the front of the rifle now. And I'm pretty sure you can't see the red dot/crosshair from the front. Which is why his back up sights are up... Kinda.

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

OBi posted:

Speaking of weird things mounted on guns: Check this out. I mean, I get the scope I guess, that's fine. But why a mirror?

Got a buddy who's a gunsmith so I tossed him that question and his response was "poor man's camo". I think I 'd want more mirrors than just that if I was trying for cover.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
http://www.ghostblind.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q0KoGmoDDAY

This might work well in nature, but it's still kinda goofy.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Two new interesting photos out of Iran:

Apparently this is the 747 that was reported to be fired on while landing in Syria recently.

And this, although about a year old now, is one of Iran's surviving Tomcats, looking at least decent externally, and apparently upgraded enough to merit a new suffix. The MIM-23 comment is interesting, though, because the last sources I remember reading about that said it'd been scrapped as too complex/not useful enough.

VV Thanks!

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 17, 2013

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Links are the same.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Kaliber posted:

Front sight post is not removeable. His rear sight is MagPul BUIs. It's up all the way.

His EOtech is backwards. The buttons to turn it on and adjust the brightness are on the front of the rifle now. And I'm pretty sure you can't see the red dot/crosshair from the front. Which is why his back up sights are up... Kinda.

Just checked and if you jack the brightness up all the way you can see the reticle from the from but it's very faint when indoors, not visible when outside. Even if you could still see it I wouldn't imagine it'd be very accurate.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

And this, although about a year old now, is one of Iran's surviving Tomcats, looking at least decent externally, and apparently upgraded enough to merit a new suffix. The MIM-23 comment is interesting, though, because the last sources I remember reading about that said it'd been scrapped as too complex/not useful enough.

For what it's worth, the only source I can find for an F-14AM is photography blogs, so I'm guessing one of them made it up after the missile/fire-control patchwork done. If anyone has something reputable that explains this any further, I'd love to read it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I love the look of the F14, its a shame its only operated by bad guys now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://www.meatspaceavatar.com/

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Bomarc also probably had a better chance of actually hitting anything; the Falcon was downright legendarily lovely:

fighter jock.jpg

This hunk's got a loaded AMRAAM on his left pylon if you look closer and I don't mean the plane :swoon:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's by far the spergiest thing I've ever seen about pants.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

History Channel has this program about fighter aces. There was one about Robin Olds during Vietnam the other day.

The actor that played him didn't have a mustache. It was criminal.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfD9eAFXSvA

Japan propaganda

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

This looks like a German punk band from the 80's. A la Funkyzeit mit Dieter.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I try not to spam Facebook pictures in here, but this one caught my eye and it's just eerie. Navy PT uniform.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I try not to spam Facebook pictures in here, but this one caught my eye and it's just eerie. Navy PT uniform.

Haha, I worked with that girl. She used to be a CTT now she's a SWO.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

front wing flexing posted:

Haha, I worked with that girl. She used to be a CTT now she's a SWO.

That's also pretty much the "hottest" picture of her that is ever going to exist.

But she fucks like a mountain lion.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

bradass87 posted:

But she fucks like a mountain lion.

Lays there grumbling for five seconds then tries to claw your eyes out?

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
The chairman of the house intelligence committee is reporting Assad used chemical weapons against opposition forces. Any videos or photos in the blogosphere about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grover posted:

The chairman of the house intelligence committee is reporting Assad used chemical weapons against opposition forces. Any videos or photos in the blogosphere about it?

Is this a new report, because otherwise its still he said she said and no confirmation what happend except people sick with respitory issues that could be from an attack releasing a random chemical/industrial thing. Assad was claiming it was the rebels, Rebels claiming it was an Assad launched scud. :iiam:

• Locked thread