Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

DrSunshine posted:

I am never going to be able to un-see Rob's "fire"breath as just a fountain of blood coming out of his mouth.

That fourth panel looked to me like he was literally spitting of the rest of the fire out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Tacostein posted:

Hey Aramek, I got the perfect job opening for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlPiizExZhg

Aramek was the one who discovered her. If I recall correctly, she was looking for voice actors on a voice actor forum.

LazyB posted:

clime up

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
It looks like blood because its made up of red tints.
If he added some orange or yellow it would probably be easier to identify - well, aside from the point he has to announce his attacks
to get the breaths to work.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It's too bad the updates got so scarce, now pages like these that don't really advance the plot at all feel a lot more agonizing.

It does kind of look like in the last panels that Rob is leading the spiders somewhere, so maybe next page something happens.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
HEY

I'm gonna kick your sorry rear end!!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Slow Time :madmax:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Has it ever been stated (either in the comic or by Lazerbot) whether Rob was born without ears or if he lost them in some sort of accident?

I always assumed he was born that way, but now that I think about it, I don't remember it ever being brought up.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
^^ No, I don't think it was ever brought up, but he doesn't have scar tissue, so your assumption is a safe one.

"Whirlwind Sprent" :allears:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Has it ever been stated (either in the comic or by Lazerbot) whether Rob was born without ears or if he lost them in some sort of accident?

I always assumed he was born that way, but now that I think about it, I don't remember it ever being brought up.

If he was born without ears, he probably wouldn't be thinking in English.

But then again, how can we know Lazerbot's pill?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh man I think I need an avatar of whirlwind sprent.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Calico Heart posted:

If he was born without ears, he probably wouldn't be thinking in English.

But then again, how can we know Lazerbot's pill?

I dunno, since it's a comic we're seeing his thoughts translated into English text in bubbles, not necessarily as he's thinking them. Or he might be thinking in English, he may have grown up signing and learnt to read in English, and then learnt to speak in English, there are some cool programs that help deaf kids do that. I'd love to know Rob's backstory, but I don't know if it'd take away from the magic and mystery of the character, as just a guy with no ears who happens to be dragonborn.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Fucknag posted:

Oh man I think I need an avatar of whirlwind sprent.
Like this?

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Okay E and I are on totally opposite sides of the keyboard and I'm pretty sure I've seen "sprint" spelled correctly in this comic in the past. He's got to be doing it on purpose at this point.

Or perhaps... he was doing it on purpose all along. I'm on to you, lazerbot :colbert:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You know, I can't wait to see Knuckles or Cheetoman doing Lazy-B's version of the Drunken Fist, the Dope Fist.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
WHIRLWIND SPRENT :shepface:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

scarycave posted:

Like this?

It's a thing of beauty. :allears:

For the title text I'm thinking something like:
wold
->nah
kest

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
wor->
ld's
Dankest

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

timg'd for your protection!

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 17, 2013

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Woah dude timg that, it's breakin' tables on my end

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!
Is that last panel an umbrella or a Dragonborn Bowlcut? Flowing cape?

I have totally lost track of what's going on in this comic, who does what to someone else. People are fighting and stuff? I need to go back and re-read the last one or two dozen strips or so.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Perfidia posted:

Is that last panel an umbrella or a Dragonborn Bowlcut? Flowing cape?

I have totally lost track of what's going on in this comic, who does what to someone else. People are fighting and stuff? I need to go back and re-read the last one or two dozen strips or so.

Pacman ghost

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The back of rob's head, he's looking at the oncoming field.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I like how Lazy scaled down electric guy (I forgot his name, but who hasn't at this point?) for the second to last panel. It makes him look like a tiny action figure.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

From the perspective in the second-to-last panel, I thought they were fighting on a castle rooftop.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Coach Sport posted:

Okay E and I are on totally opposite sides of the keyboard and I'm pretty sure I've seen "sprint" spelled correctly in this comic in the past. He's got to be doing it on purpose at this point.

Or perhaps... he was doing it on purpose all along. I'm on to you, lazerbot :colbert:

'E' is right next to 'R', though.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

Coach Sport posted:

True. But, you are not considering the fact that he just can't loving spell.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Calico Heart posted:

'E' is right next to 'R', though.

Wouldn't he have typed "sperint" or "spreint" if that was the mistake, though?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

So LazyB posted some amazing tl;dr which seems to be about the comic going on hiatus for the rest of the year. I haven't read it, it's too early for me to handle that soul-crushing wall of text. Maybe after a pot of coffee. Or two.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bot-lazerbot/enjoy/259134844222130

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think he's saying he wants us to die like cattle for lightly calling out his homphobia.

E: He might also be calling out the people who straight up trolled and hacked him, it's really not clear.

E2: He also apparently advocates starving cats.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 18, 2013

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bolverkur posted:

So LazyB posted some amazing tl;dr which seems to be about the comic going on hiatus for the rest of the year. I haven't read it, it's too early for me to handle that soul-crushing wall of text. Maybe after a pot of coffee. Or two.

I don't think all the coffee in the world would help me deal with that, but he does say he won't be doing the comic for the rest of the year. I don't know if that's a good thing or not; I'm inclined to say it is.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bolverkur posted:

:saddowns:

He sounds really bitter there, wonder what happened?

If you ever got to see this Lazerbot: it was an amazing ride, thank you for that :unsmith:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

quote:

mm does one have to pry ones eyes open? do you need everything handed to you like a baby? what if you were a cat clawing away for food and what if you bit the hand that fed you? do you not expect karma to come back tenfold? ohh that is right, trolls don't believe in karma do they? heh so what if perhaps the owner of the cat decided to give the cat what it deserves for biting the hand? perhaps the cat is not fed for days after? is it not a good way to teach it's small minded pets? complain and then gain something to actually complain about in return? what if it came true? what if you were all the cats and you are all starving for food :O oh no not starving are you? "Please!! please give me food'' they say hehe but we don't feed them do we? even buy a completely new brand of cat food huh? i hope you liked the pink and rainbow cat food ;)

This guy is a crazy douchebag, hahaha. Odds on he keeps on updating as soon as people stop paying attention to him.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

:stare:

Uh, Lazy-B doesn't have access to a clock tower, does he?

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
This is the best thing he's posted in a while!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Christ, chill your pill and carry on making Loony Toons vs Sonic and Friends you homophobic prick. That's why we're paying you.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Bolverkur posted:

I was kind of hoping it would end, I was planning to stop keeping up with it anyway.

There's only so much entertainment that can be gotten out of typos, and the last thing that was actually entertaining to me happened months ago. We've done a lateral move from to original characters fighting to two different original characters fighting, and once you get over the initial surprise of cartoon characters being necromancers or all the different cartoon characters meeting each other the whole thing starts to crumble at the edges as you slowly realize you're basically just reading a fanfic.

And now, just like any other average fanfiction the author's going on "hiatus" with an incomprehensible rant and probably won't come back.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Goons ran the creator of something amazing out of town by being goons, what a loving shocker

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Monicro posted:

Goons ran the creator of something amazing out of town by being goons, what a loving shocker

His brain is like nitroglycerin man, I'm surprised it hadn't blown ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Monicro posted:

Except that it was valid criticism of homophobia? If anything most goons were being pretty lenient in assuming it was something he would naturally grow out of. Anyone in a creative pursuit should be able to handle constructive criticism without blowing up at their fans. The timing of this is pretty weird though, considering this issue hasn't been brought up in the thread for weeks.